Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:19   #1
B_Higgins

Storm Lake barrel problem

I posted earlier (or tried to) in the GATE forum, but apparently nobody has even looked in there since April... I'm a long time member of Glock Talk, but never had a reason to post until now. I got a Storm Lake Glock 23 barrel to convert my 32 to .40 S&W, and IMMEDIATELY noticed a problem. The "notch" that the rear of the guide-rod/recoil spring sits in has a machining flaw/defect, it was machined CONSIDERABLY LARGER than the factory Glock barrel. This "defect" may or may not effect function/reliability (I never fired the gun with the new barrel), but what it does effect (quite negatively) is the LaserMax guide-rod laser I have installed on the gun. The point of aim was off by approx 6" at 15 yards from the sight's point of aim (which I know to be true). I racked the slide several times, and checked again, only to find the laser was off in the opposite direction by approx 10". Subsequent tests showed the laser to move in any random direction by up to 10". In addition to the point of aim problem, the laser would occasionally turn on by itself, despite the switch being in the "off" position. I have a picture of the Storm Lake barrel, as compared to a factory Glock barrel, and you can plainly see with the naked eye that the Storm Lake barrel is WAY OFF.
My question is this: Are all Storm Lake barrels machined like this, or did I get a true "defect"?

General Glocking
General Glocking
B_Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote