Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2013, 20:13   #1
sprawlcowboy

Ghost Edge 3.5 Trigger Reset.

Slight issue. I recently added a Ghost Edge 3.5# drop in connector. Trigger pull is nearly identical to most other 3.5# connectors (ie not worth the $26).

When I rack the slide, there is an initial resistance that was not there prior to installing the connector. Trigger pull is also about the same as most 3.5# connectors. Nicer than stock, still feel the "bump" when the bar meets the connector (Edge supposed to eliminate it).

When I reset the trigger, it resets, then about a quarter inch afterward, sticks slightly and then fully resets.

I've searched the forums and apparently it could possibly be an incorrect bend angle. I compared the angle to stock and its nearly identical. I've quadruple checked and it is assembled correctly.

Would prefer to fix myself instead of sending back to Ghost.

Last edited by sprawlcowboy; 10-31-2013 at 20:15..
sprawlcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:50   #2
CADguy

The "initial resistance" you feel is due to the fact that Ghost connectors are not thinned out in the flexing area and feel stiffer than OEM when the cam in the slide meets the "dog leg" bend in the connector that pushes the connector aside allowing the trigger bar to pop back up. I'm guessing the double reset feeling you're feeling is during hand cycling of the slide and not in actual firing of the pistol. Therefore, the first "reset" click you're feeling is when the trigger bar pops up as the slide cam bumps the connector aside. The second click would be upon letting the trigger return until the connector pops back into place around the rounded trigger bar nose. I believe the lip that the trigger bar nose rides is further forward on the Ghost Edge than OEM which would give you a longer trigger movement before reset.

Last edited by CADguy; 11-01-2013 at 06:24..
CADguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:48   #3
sprawlcowboy

Good stuff. I'm going to take it to the range this weekend and hope that a few hundred rounds breaks it in. Should've went with the Ghost Ultimate. Oh well, I'm going to put a range report out on this connector. There were no reviews I could see on this new guy.
sprawlcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:30   #4
CADguy

I had tried the Ghost Ultimate and experienced pretty much what you did except the length to trigger reset wasn't long but it was very firm - no mistaking the click. I switched to the GLOCK "-" connectors which yield the same reset feel as the 5.5's except that it comes a little sooner.

My personal suspicion is that Ghost put the holes in the flex region to reduce the cross-sectional area of the steel but markets them as debris holes. Other manufacturers reduce the area by thinning the width of the flex region rather than reducing the thickness the way GLOCK does. I've mentioned this in a couple of other threads regarding connectors that the thicker connectors reset firmer than do the thinner ones due to the fact that there is more material in compression and tension on either side of the thickness's centerline to resist flexing. Think of bending sheet metal compared to a bar of the same material. It's this resistance to flexing that you initially feel when you rack the slide manually.

This isn't a criticism of any of the other connector manufacturers - just an explanation of the difference in feel. We all have our preferences - just like which trigger pull weight each connector will yield.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:25   #5
TxGlock9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADguy View Post
The "initial resistance" you feel is due to the fact that Ghost connectors are not thinned out in the flexing area and feel stiffer than OEM when the cam in the slide meets the "dog leg" bend in the connector that pushes the connector aside allowing the trigger bar to pop back up. I'm guessing the double reset feeling you're feeling is during hand cycling of the slide and not in actual firing of the pistol. Therefore, the first "reset" click you're feeling is when the trigger bar pops up as the slide cam bumps the connector aside. The second click would be upon letting the trigger return until the connector pops back into place around the rounded trigger bar nose. I believe the lip that the trigger bar nose rides is further forward on the Ghost Edge than OEM which would give you a longer trigger movement before reset.
This is exactly what happens...

Ghost made their connectors thicker for some reason, and it basically destroyed the functionality of their connectors. I bought two different versions and returned them for a full refund.. Never buying again.

Tags
connector, ghost