SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2013, 19:29   #51
Bruce H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I am sure that others would say the same about some of your habits.
I don't have any bad habits. On the other hand I don't have any problem with killing whatever needs it, reguardless of species.
Old 10-31-2013, 19:30   #52
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Eric could start a new forum "GT Survivor", every week a poster would be voted out of existence.
Ohhhh...

You may have just hit on the next big interwebz social media craze....

Getting to form alliances and vote people off the social media site. One way to stay, is get more people to join teh site and your alliance...

See, you make a smart donkey remark, and I just see money...
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 19:31   #53
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
I don't have any bad habits. On the other hand I don't have any problem with killing whatever needs it, reguardless of species.
What time do you face Mecca each day and pray?
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-31-2013, 21:17   #54
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
And who decides "who needs it?"
Old 10-31-2013, 21:24   #55
elsolo

Quote:
And who decides "who needs it?"
It's a combination of the judges' scores, and the audience phone-in voting for that week.
elsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 21:27   #56
IvanVic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Most definitely!

I must stop there because I don't want to create a firestorm of controversy and get banned for life, not only from this website but from the entire internet.
This should go in the hall of fame.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 21:30   #57
IvanVic

Quote:
Constantly threatening violence against people online would aptly be described as a bad habit by most people.
IvanVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 22:23   #58
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
It's a combination of the judges' scores, and the audience phone-in voting for that week.
Such are the perils of democracy.

:D
Old 11-01-2013, 00:27   #59
BlackPaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Does it really matter if he was taking meds or not? The guy was a nutcase either way and had no place in society. He should have been locked up at the least.
Yes it matters, I believe in this case, had dirtbag been taking meds, it is possible this would have not happened. There is nothing to prove I am right or wrong, but mental illness and the lack of people taking care of their illness is a HUGE problem.

Neoh, the one thing you are not getting, is that a person can not just be locked up for things. If they could, would you not be posting here about civil rights violations?

Moving on, it is a LONG process to have someone committed for mental illness. It currently involves law enforcement, doctors, judges and time. Lets say for instance that a person who is diagnosed as a child with schizo/bipolar. Child now 30 years old, decides that the meds are bad, he is the normal one, and all the people around him are the "wrong ones." Person stops taking the meds, paranoia sets in deeply, person stops working, locks self in home, stops taking calls, begins to threaten mailman (tells to stay away or else). Mailman contacts LE, LE responds to do welfare check, person resists and LE can see there are serious problems. Person brought to hospital for a mental health 72 hour hold (doctor must assign hold). Guy is gone for 3-4 days, back on meds and returned home. All is good until rinse and repeat 3 weeks later. This could go on for several weeks before a court setting becomes involved.

You see neoh, this crap does not happen in a snap and the only way to make it happen that fast involves a serious bypass of the 4-5th ammendments. I would bet that would raise a problem or two no?

We have what, 1 million incarcerated people in the US? You can bet that the number of mental health cases where the individual has reached the point of danger to society, yet is still a part of society is at LEAST that number. I would like to see the assylums rebuilt and brought back like yesterday. I think severe mental illness (undignosed or untreated) is at least as dangerous as many of our street gangs.
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD

Last edited by BlackPaladin; 11-01-2013 at 00:33..
BlackPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49   #60
Bruce H

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanVic View Post
Constantly threatening violence against people online would aptly be described as a bad habit by most people.
And their in lies the problem. Everybody runs their mouthes but nothing is ever done. The problem goes on and gets worse as more unballanced humans walk the earth.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:51   #61
Bruce H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
What time do you face Mecca each day and pray?
I don't face any direction because all religeon is control freak bull crap. This isn't Alice in wonderland and nobody should need an immaginary controller to tell them how to live.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:08   #62
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Some people are just pure evil. They have no respect for human life, not even their own.

I'm convinced that today's society is creating these people by the bus load every day.

The current humanistic anti-God attitude, hedonism and its demand for instant gratification, all together with a serious lack of personal responsibility are the main reasons for our social and moral decline.

And it's going to get worse, a lot worse.

Yet, if you look at the actual rate violent crimes occur, rather than the increase in news outlets reporting them, you find that they are declining, rather than increasing. I'm pretty sure you and everybody else involved in gun rights is aware of that.

I guess, by your logic, that makes "the current humanistic anti-God attitude, hedonism and its demand for instant gratification" the reason things are getting better and violent crime is decreasing, right? You can't have it both ways.

Last edited by Bren; 11-01-2013 at 06:09..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:00   #63
Csv

Am I really reading some of this crap right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Csv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:53   #64
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I guess, by your logic, that makes "the current humanistic anti-God attitude, hedonism and its demand for instant gratification" the reason things are getting better and violent crime is decreasing, right? You can't have it both ways.
You're right and many people are going to believe we're on a path to hell no matter what the facts are. They need a problem to go with their solution.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:07   #65
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csv View Post
Am I really reading some of this crap right?
Settle down. Take your meds.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:32   #66
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Such are the perils of democracy.

:D
But I don't live in a country with a democracy for a govt.

I live in a Constitutional Republic...
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:35   #67
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPaladin View Post
We have what, 1 million incarcerated people in the US? You can bet that the number of mental health cases where the individual has reached the point of danger to society, yet is still a part of society is at LEAST that number. I would like to see the assylums rebuilt and brought back like yesterday. I think severe mental illness (undignosed or untreated) is at least as dangerous as many of our street gangs.
How is the line drawn between "severe mental illness" and something like "normal" depression.

My belief is that almost all people have "breaking points" and that if pushed them, they will react. How they will react is unknown and what pushes them might not be so clear, but I believe it exists.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:37   #68
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
I don't face any direction because all religeon is control freak bull crap. This isn't Alice in wonderland and nobody should need an immaginary controller to tell them how to live.
I thought you said you have no bad habits when you replied to my comment "I am sure that others would say the same about some of your habits."

Being anti-Allah would be considered a sin (even worse than a bad habit) worthy of death to some.

Even earlier in the thread you saw that someone said your anti-god attitude is what is bringing the country down.

See. You have bad habits.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08   #69
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Yet, if you look at the actual rate violent crimes occur, rather than the increase in news outlets reporting them, you find that they are declining, rather than increasing. I'm pretty sure you and everybody else involved in gun rights is aware of that.
Too bad more people can't see the difference between REPORTED crime and ACTUAL crime.

The number of school shootings has spiked a bit in the last three years, but overall that number is still lower today than in the 1970's, 80's and 90's. What has increased is the coverage of such incidents, not their frequency.

The same holds true for child kidnapping. The news devotes INCREDIBLE amounts of time and bandwidth to stories about missing kids and ongoing investigations, and this gives the impression that we are currently in the midst of an absolute epidemic of such cases, but the reality is that child kidnapping rates have declined somewhat from what they were in the 1990s and are more-or-less on par with what they were back in the 1960's and 70's.

Our sensationalistic "all news, all the time" 24/7 media outlets have to fill up air time somehow, and the sad fact is that murder, child rape and kidnapping SELL, so we see a lot more of it. This doesn't mean that there is more of it going on...just that it's being pushed into our faces a lot more aggressively than in the past.

Last edited by tsmo1066; 11-01-2013 at 11:10..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:16   #70
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
People like Lanza are born, not made. To blame society is simply passing the buck. HH
This right here.

There have been unfathomably crazy people since the inception of humans.
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:34   #71
GlockViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Too bad more people can't see the difference between REPORTED crime and ACTUAL crime.

The number of school shootings has spiked a bit in the last three years, but overall that number is still lower today than in the 1970's, 80's and 90's. What has increased is the coverage of such incidents, not their frequency.

The same holds true for child kidnapping. The news devotes INCREDIBLE amounts of time and bandwidth to stories about missing kids and ongoing investigations, and this gives the impression that we are currently in the midst of an absolute epidemic of such cases, but the reality is that child kidnapping rates have declined somewhat from what they were in the 1990s and are more-or-less on par with what they were back in the 1960's and 70's.

Our sensationalistic "all news, all the time" 24/7 media outlets have to fill up air time somehow, and the sad fact is that murder, child rape and kidnapping SELL, so we see a lot more of it. This doesn't mean that there is more of it going on...just that it's being pushed into our faces a lot more aggressively than in the past.
Fix Reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
GlockViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 13:14   #72
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post

Perception.

20 years ago most only heard the local news which focused on their immediate region. Stories from other areas were mere blurbs on tv or short articles in the national news papers.

Now, people hear about everything, many times as it is happening. This has caused people to be scared of everything that moves.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 13:37   #73
nmk

Quote:

I'm interested in his response to this.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 17:07   #74
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:

You can't fight a belief with logic.
Old 11-01-2013, 17:22   #75
Bruce M

I agree that the crime rate is down and that the news gives a largely false picture that crime is higher and rising. I have to think one or three industries have no desire other than to help with the appearance of crime being higher.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote