Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-30-2013, 19:48   #1
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Holy ****!

I saw .22 ammo (not empty cases)... on a shelf... in a WalMart! Too bad it was only CCI Stingers. That's huge for around here.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 19:53   #2
bac1023

Very cool

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 19:54   #3
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

While I was getting deer tags, some old codgers cleaned out all six boxes of 50 rounders. Glad I held on to the Remmy Goldens all this time.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Old 10-30-2013, 19:55   #4
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

It's not like how it was this time last year but its not to bad the 22 dept here now.

I'm still well stocked from a large amount I bought a few years ago so I didn't suffer at all but I was surprised at how bad it got.
Old 10-30-2013, 20:07   #5
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
It's not like how it was this time last year but its not to bad the 22 dept here now.

I'm still well stocked from a large amount I bought a few years ago so I didn't suffer at all but I was surprised at how bad it got.
It was the first for sale boxes I've seen since the shutdown. I never got into ammo hunting like many here, but when I saw it, the sirens definitely went off. We have a brand new *ick's Sporting Goods opening in Osage Beach on Friday, and I wonder what their offerings will be.
Old 10-30-2013, 20:15   #6
DJ Niner

It's slowly returning to normal, but there's still a bit of pent-up demand for the rimfire stuff. Today I visited one of the 3 local Walmarts in my area, and they had 9mm (2 choices), .40 (4-5 choices), .45 ACP (3 choices), one each of .38 Special and .357 Magnum, and 5 different kinds of .223/5.56mm (only one of which was steel-cased).

In the last month, at my local Walmarts:
- I've bought CCI Mini-Mag .22 ammo (100 rd boxes) and Remington Golden HPs (225 rd boxes);
- I've seen CCI Stingers, Federal AutoMatch and Federal Lightnings in .22;
- I've heard of others buying Federal 550 Value Packs and Winchester 555 bulk packs.

So it IS getting shipped, and sometimes it actually sits on the shelf for more than a hour before selling out (the Stingers have been there for almost a week, but they have a MOUNTAIN of them). Keep looking, and good luck!
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>> http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot...ed-before.html

Last edited by DJ Niner; 10-30-2013 at 20:17..
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 20:20   #7
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

They had quite a selection of 556, but still not seeing any .308, and I have a few boxes I no longer need that aren't selling. What gives?

Last edited by Angry Fist; 10-30-2013 at 20:22..
Old 10-30-2013, 20:55   #8
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

my closest Walmart had CCI standard velocity last week on Tuesday but they did not have any yesterday :-(

I will check again tomorrow.

TGG

OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 21:16   #9
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
I saw .22 ammo (not empty cases)... on a shelf... in a WalMart! Too bad it was only CCI Stingers. That's huge for around here.
I scored three 555 round bricks of 22 Winchester last week at Walmart, couldn't believe it when I saw them!

Damn good thing too because I was getting low and hesitant on taking the 10/22 out.
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 21:21   #10
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
The local shop has some match .22 I've never hear of for a astronomical price. Other than that and the occasional pack of Mini-Mags for a ridiculous price, I haven't see too much. '

A few months back I saw a few bricks of Remington Thunder turds for a price that would make the dead turn over in their graves!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:24   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
The local shop has some match .22 I've never hear of for a astronomical price. Other than that and the occasional pack of Mini-Mags for a ridiculous price, I haven't see too much. '

A few months back I saw a few bricks of Remington Thunder turds for a price that would make the dead turn over in their graves!
Love the new sigline!
Old 10-31-2013, 16:24   #12
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

Quote:
Love the new sigline!
LOL, I was thinking the same thing...

HR
Old 10-31-2013, 17:04   #13
MarcDW
MDW Guns

I actually bought 3 boxes of 50 .22 last week at Walmart!!!!
And that was during the normal day time, not 6AM!

Last edited by MarcDW; 10-31-2013 at 17:05..
MarcDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 18:26   #14
SJ 40

I have not seen box one of any rimfire at my local Wally World,now 20 ga. loads that's a whole other story.
I beginning to wonder if the ultimate SHTF round isn't the 20 Ga. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 18:51   #15
Bruce M

Always good to hear of a sighting of the elusive .22 ammo.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 18:52   #16
itstime

It's VERY slowly coming back.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 20:19   #17
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

I went to the local walmart last Tuesday. The ammo shelves were EMPTY, save a few boxes of WWB .40. Nothing else for centerfire handguns. Some oddball centerfire rifle rounds and shotgun ammo. Very, very sparse.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 20:27   #18
Shipwreck-The-Sequel
Beretta 92 Nut!

I've been buying CCI mini mags for a while now at Walmart. Trick is to know the shipment days. Within 2-3 weeks, I can get some if I keep trying. I've saved up 2k and been shooting some as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 21:31   #19
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

ie bought .22 wtf will .38 arrive?
Old 10-31-2013, 21:35   #20
NMG26

Ammo. I want some here.