Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:21   #26
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

If you are dating, check ID. 15 will get you 20.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30   #27
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
If you are dating, check ID. 15 will get you 20.
And if it's fake?
Old 10-29-2013, 11:42   #28
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
And if it's fake?
Well, in most states you could still be prosecuted.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:47   #29
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
The article says that he told her to turn off her cell phone so that they would not be bothered by her mother......I am pretty sure he knew she was not of appropriate age. That said, I have often wondered about men who wanted to date females that, while they are of legitimate age, look like they are 14 years old. To me, there is something a little creepy about that.
Good point. Maybe he knew. I must have missed that.

Although, that could just be the girl lying.

She made an ad on an adult dating site, lied about her age, snuck out to meet the guy, then told her mom when she got into trouble for not being where she was supposed to be.

Also...there are plenty of 18 year olds and even older who's parents are overprotective. If he thought she was 18 and someone kept calling, then it might make sense to ask her to turn it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
What would the teens be charged with?

Wouldn't every teen in a consensual relationship just lie and say they told the adult that they were 18 or whatever?

Check your state law and see if it says anything about "intent" or "knowingly" on the age of consent; most likely not. It probably doesn't even have "reasonable person" language.
Theres nothing on the books for it. I just meant that if a minor consensually does something illegal, particularly if there is no doubt that they lied about their age, they should face consequences as well.

In this case the girl posted she was 18 on an adult website. Pretty cut and dry.

I dont think anyone will deny that people have had their lives ruined because a girl that looked old enough lied about her age.

Last edited by jp3975; 10-29-2013 at 11:52..
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52   #30
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
And if it's fake?
If, after spending 30 seconds or longer with a 15 year old girl - you can't tell that she IS 15 years old...here's my suggestion:

Stop thinking with your dick, and use your head. I swear, some of you morons must not have any experience being around teen girls. That means one of a few things:

1 - You don't have a teenage daughter

2 - You don't have a teenage son who dates teenage girls

3 - You've never, in your life, spoken with a teenager girl. Hope you don't eat fast food, because in the evenings and weekends, that's who populates the majority of staffing...teens.

4 - You're a completely retarded individual who shouldn't be having sex for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that your obviously low intelligence should not be passed on to the next generation. It's not fair to your kids, to doom them to a life of being called a dumbass...seriously.

Seriously - the vast majority of teenage girls act like...well, teenage girls. And, we can "What if" and "Well, this one time I knew this one girl" all day long. The facts are simple - teens act like teens. If you can't figure it out, or are unsure, then pass on the date. Of course, if that's the case, you're likely an idiot to begin with, and won't take that advice.

<-- The father of a teenage girl, who unfortunately grew up physically way too fast for her daddy. Oh well, it's one of several reasons I carry a gun, and why I ensure that all the boys with whom she is interested know where I work, and that I'm not scared to go back there.

For all the "barely legal" types - feel free to pretend you didn't know she was 14. I'll feel free to shoot you in the head, and dump you in the woods.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55   #31
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Added for the "well, it's the legal age of consent" folks, too:

Yes, in Kentucky, the age of consent is 16. However, don't think that'll get you out of jail. I'd advise looking at the elements of "unlawful transaction with a minor" for starters. While it's not quite the big mean sex offense, it IS a misdemeanor - and, if nothing else, will cost you a lot of time and money to deal with in court.

I see these from time to time, with people who just can't figure out how to date within their own age brackets.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:57   #32
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Hell, I just rechecked the statutes myself. Seems UTM1 is a big felony - can get you 10+ in prison. UTM2 is a class D, worth 1-5. Cool - I've never really dealt with anything other than UTM3, though, that's why I wasn't familiar with all the elements of the three.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:59   #33
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
If, after spending 30 seconds or longer with a 15 year old girl - you can't tell that she IS 15 years old...here's my suggestion:

Stop thinking with your dick, and use your head. I swear, some of you morons must not have any experience being around teen girls. That means one of a few things:

Well, she's 31 now but I did have a teenage daughter. She's pretty smart and was well developed at 15 so she probably could have passed for 18 then. On the flip side, I've know some 20 something girls that sound like they're 12. Ya just never know. I'm pretty sure when I was dating I was never with any underage girls but then again I always liked girls a few years older than me anyway. Trying to talk to girls my age in my 20s hurt my brain. My dog made more sense than most of them. I do agree today if I was dating and in doubt I might want to see a government issued photo ID.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13   #34
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
And if it's fake?
Then at least if you are prosecuted, you'll be able to show you took reasonable precautions. There would be a lot to imagine to come up with a scenario for how that would eventually play out. The details would be pertinent.

Sleep with a 15 year old without checking ID, and it would probably be worse. No plan is perfect, but a decent plan can help.
Old 10-29-2013, 13:08   #35
racerford

To those that are not too careful, I will point out that if she is lying about her age, she is probably lying about birth control. She is probably lying about being a virgin. So there you will be; in jail, with VD, and child support payments waiting for you to pay when you get out.

Good luck with that.

Yet another reason not to drink alcohol or take mind altering drugs.
Old 10-29-2013, 22:24   #36
AZ Husker

Very true. Ever watch that TV show with Stone Phillips busting adult men for trying to have sex with minors? That is not an accident, they knew what they wanted. The setup very clearly said many times that she (or he) was 14, etc.
Old 10-29-2013, 22:50   #37
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
My 14 daughter year old is pretty mature, but you would have to be Ray Charles to not be able to tell that she is under 18. . .

I do understand what your saying. I'd bet that 98% of the guys here have been someplace; saw a girl and though "wow she's really hot"; and then see here face and realize that she is WAY under 18. Usually the face is the give away, even if they do have the body of a 22 year old. . .

I'm 25 and guilty of this, I've been out and about and saw a portion of a girl which with my angle before I saw the face I thought was built like a brick S*** house and a grown woman.

After the fact when I realized I felt bad. Young girls don't seem to be built the way they were ten plus years ago when I was a teenager. I might sound like a creeper but just stating facts from my exsperience.
Old 10-29-2013, 22:56   #38
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
I've know some 20 something girls that sound like they're 12.
Chics like that usually have what's called "daddy issues" from my exsperience.
Old 10-29-2013, 23:09   #39
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
I agree. Not trying to justify his actions one bit.

I was just, shocked, and still am in shock to think why a 12 year old would even sign up for crap like that.
I know. Most social networking sights require you to be at least 13 before you can sign up...

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Old 10-30-2013, 01:52   #40
elsolo

Oh Sh_t. How old are you?

about 1:45 in

Last edited by elsolo; 10-30-2013 at 01:53..
Old 10-30-2013, 09:02   #41
jp3975

Quote:

2 - You don't have a teenage son who dates teenage girls

3 - You've never, in your life, spoken with a teenager girl. Hope you don't eat fast food, because in the evenings and weekends, that's who populates the majority of staffing...teens.

4 - You're a completely retarded individual who shouldn't be having sex for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that your obviously low intelligence should not be passed on to the next generation. It's not fair to your kids, to doom them to a life of being called a dumbass...seriously.

Seriously - the vast majority of teenage girls act like...well, teenage girls. And, we can "What if" and "Well, this one time I knew this one girl" all day long. The facts are simple - teens act like teens. If you can't figure it out, or are unsure, then pass on the date. Of course, if that's the case, you're likely an idiot to begin with, and won't take that advice.

<-- The father of a teenage girl, who unfortunately grew up physically way too fast for her daddy. Oh well, it's one of several reasons I carry a gun, and why I ensure that all the boys with whom she is interested know where I work, and that I'm not scared to go back there.

For all the "barely legal" types - feel free to pretend you didn't know she was 14. I'll feel free to shoot you in the head, and dump you in the woods.
BS. Ive known kids that age that where more mature than people much older than them.

Do you REALLY think theres that big of a difference between 15 and 18? How many 18 year olds do you know that act that much more mature than 15 year olds?

Maybe your daughter and her friends acted like they where 10 at 15, but that doesnt mean that a ton of 15 year olds cant pass for older and dont try to act mature to pass for it. Especially if they are actively trying to hang with an older crowd or date older guys.

Im sure we've all met people in their 20s that act like 15 year olds. And probably much older.

You seem to be implying that not having kids means that one is inexperienced. I would say that having kids clouds your judgement and is causing you to say that if your kid lied and said she was older to date older guys, youd feel justified in killing them, or having them locked away.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:20   #42
Booker

Quote:
I agree - especially when you have folks who claim to be keepers of the peace, but brag about hanging out with felons. I mean, I hang out with them all day, too - but, it's not a social setting, though. Kinda my job, really.

But yeah, sad.

Oh - back on topic.

That's why parents should be "parents", and not "friends". I monitor my children's internet activity all the time. Randomly, at that. My 14 year old has a tablet, a laptop, and now her first smartphone. At any given point, I'll do a random search, and call her over. I check her current site visit, along with a week or more of history. Deleting stuff isn't allowed, and if I catch her doing it, she's grounded for a month, to start.
I also check her text messages, and monitor those, as well. Facebook isn't allowed, so no worries about that. And yeah, I know there are ways around my checking - she's not going to be able to do that. Generally, I approach these checks as if I'm expecting her to hide something...I deal with inmates who are very creative about hiding things - my little girl isn't near as dissembling as one of them. Makes life a lot easier.

Point being, I am a father - not her friend. More people should try this, instead of being buddy-buddy with their kids. There's a time and place for that; there's also a time and place for laying down the law, and ensuring your kids follow the rules. Again, no worries there, since all my kids know where "that line" is.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, or that my kids are, either. Just that, usually when they do something sneaky, I've already caught them before they even realize they're busted. Between the crap I pulled as a kid myself, and having nearly 14 years of dealing with criminals and their nonsense, I've got a great BS detector. I'm sure they'll try and put one over on me from time to time - I'm also sure that they'll get caught quickly, and pay dearly.
I bet she just loves your squat and cough demands! You're not a father, you're a jailer......Oh wait, never mind!

I bet your little girl is doing all types of crap that you don't know about. She's not going to tell you what she's doing or who she's doing.

The point being, kids do all types of stuff parents never know about! Like signing up for dating sites!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36   #43
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker View Post
I bet she just loves your squat and cough demands! You're not a father, you're a jailer......Oh wait, never mind!

I bet your little girl is doing all types of crap that you don't know about. She's not going to tell you what she's doing or who she's doing.

The point being, kids do all types of stuff parents never know about! Like signing up for dating sites!
You never disappoint.

And JP -

So, you feel qualified to tell me what raising kids is like, even though you have none? My sister tried that once, citing her undergrad psychology degree. Oddly enough, she can't handle my four kids at once, for anything longer than an hour or so. Weird, as she told me she knew how to deal with kids better than I..

And yes, there IS a great deal of difference in 14 year old girls and 18 year old boys. There's even neat science behind it - use Google, it's your friend. Too much research to link to, although the search terms "maturity levels teens" and "differences teenage brain" should get you started.

And again, unless you have experience in dealing with teenage girls, you don't have a clue as to the topic at hand. Sure, girls might try to "pretend" to be older and more mature....in the same way a child will play dress up. With few exceptions, teenage girls act like...teenage girls. They giggle, hold hands, whisper about boys, hug each other, and even have their own manner and rhythm of speaking to one another. It's called being a normal kid.

Being attracted to older men is also normal - that's where being a parent comes into play. I deal with 18 year old kids routinely - because that's when they are legal adults and come to big boy jail.

While still immature in my eyes, since I'm old enough to BE their father, they are much more mature than a 14 year old girl. Much more.

Again, if you don't have experience in dealing with the subject matter - you can have an opinion, it just isn't valid. It's about like MY opinion on being an infantryman, tanker, fighter pilor, or anything else in the military. I never served in any capacity, and thus, don't have the necessary experience to hold any valid opinions (other than bloviating hot air about which branch is the best, etc) about the military. I'll defer to those with direct experience. Perhaps you should do the same.

Last edited by wprebeck; 10-30-2013 at 10:38..
Closed Thread