Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 02:10   #201
msu_grad_121
BOOSH
 
msu_grad_121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NW Burbs
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Now this is from the article about the officer ...
When the officer left his cruiser and approached Genda’s car a second time, the driver produced the handgun, and the officer fired several shots in response, police said.

He fired "several shots" and the reason that was printed instead of sixteen rounds is that a reasonable person would be in shock if they read that.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/...orist-1.412104

I am just saying that to me sixteen rounds is excessive and I think most people would agree. This was an ole man and not a big brute of a man with an ar 15 that just robbed a bank. .....it was a bb gun for Pete's sake.

I am not arguing with you, just read the article about several rounds being fired and then respond if you want. Have a great weekend.
Or could the reason they printed "several shots" be that it didn't really matter, because everything done by the officer was legally, morally and ethically right? But that wouldn't play well with your preconceived notions about cops being too militaristic and all that crap, would it?

Everyone even remotely involved has said the gun looked real. The suspect specifically chose it BECAUSE it looks real, he even told his family that. Look at the freeze frame posted earlier in this very thread and tell me, without any knowledge of the aftermath, that you could tell with certainty in under a quarter second that it's not a real gun. If you can, you're either superhuman or a liar, and I can tell you right now you're not superhuman.

At every turn, you never miss an opportunity to sound like the absolute moron you are. "Oh he was a little old man, not some brute with an AR-15." "People who are shot fall like a sack of tater tots." "A shot to the femoral artery will end the gunfight right there." You are shockingly ignorant, and what's more is you refuse to accept how ignorant you are. You'd rather stick your fingers in your ears and hum to drown out all rational thought.

Go troll somewhere else with all your Call of Duty expertise, since you obviously have lost touch with this nifty little thing called reality. Personally, I've seen enough of the JuneyBooney Moron Show.
__________________
The name on the left side of your chest represents who you work for. The name on the right side of your chest represents who raised you. Make them both proud.
msu_grad_121 is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 02:13   #202
rudeboy3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Now this is from the article about the officer ...
When the officer left his cruiser and approached Genda’s car a second time, the driver produced the handgun, and the officer fired several shots in response, police said.

He fired "several shots" and the reason that was printed instead of sixteen rounds is that a reasonable person would be in shock if they read that.

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/...orist-1.412104

I am just saying that to me sixteen rounds is excessive and I think most people would agree. This was an ole man and not a big brute of a man with an ar 15 that just robbed a bank. .....it was a bb gun for Pete's sake.

I am not arguing with you, just read the article about several rounds being fired and then respond if you want. Have a great weekend.
You are such an idiot, I am beyond words. How you even figured out how to turn a computer on and get onto this forum is beyond any comprehension I have ever experienced. Please, please tell me you dont carry a loaded weapon..
__________________
To the OP - With all due respect, you've got the emotional maturity of an egg plant. - Volsbear

Last edited by rudeboy3; 11-02-2013 at 02:14..
rudeboy3 is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 02:17   #203
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy3 View Post
You are such an idiot, I am beyond words. How you even figured out how to turn a computer on and get onto this forum is beyond any comprehension I have ever experienced. Please, please tell me you dont carry a loaded weapon..
I carry three. Did you guys see where the FBI is investigating the California shooting of the boy with the pellet rifle..cops shot him only ten seconds after seeing him.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 02:25   #204
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
Or could the reason they printed "several shots" be that it didn't really matter, because everything done by the officer was legally, morally and ethically right? But that wouldn't play well with your preconceived notions about cops being too militaristic and all that crap, would it?

Everyone even remotely involved has said the gun looked real. The suspect specifically chose it BECAUSE it looks real, he even told his family that. Look at the freeze frame posted earlier in this very thread and tell me, without any knowledge of the aftermath, that you could tell with certainty in under a quarter second that it's not a real gun. If you can, you're either superhuman or a liar, and I can tell you right now you're not superhuman.

At every turn, you never miss an opportunity to sound like the absolute moron you are. "Oh he was a little old man, not some brute with an AR-15." "People who are shot fall like a sack of tater tots." "A shot to the femoral artery will end the gunfight right there." You are shockingly ignorant, and what's more is you refuse to accept how ignorant you are. You'd rather stick your fingers in your ears and hum to drown out all rational thought.

Go troll somewhere else with all your Call of Duty expertise, since you obviously have lost touch with this nifty little thing called reality. Personally, I've seen enough of the JuneyBooney Moron Show.
You guys really love to debate a point. Ok, the gun looked real. Where was his backup? Did he get shot at? NOPE..did he tell the man to drop the gun? NOPE....Did he give the man a chance at all?....NOPE...Was he a threat?...NOPE. we really don't know yet if the case is over..that will take some time before the attorneys review the case and the family calms down and possibly lawyers up. But the cop will live with that forever and need counseling because it was a bb gun.

I am a dumbass because i have always trusted the system and leo and courts. etc. I believe in preserving the integrity of the unit/agency etc. Have a great weekend.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 03:19   #205
msu_grad_121
BOOSH
 
msu_grad_121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NW Burbs
Posts: 2,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
You guys really love to debate a point. Ok, the gun looked real. Where was his backup? Did he get shot at? NOPE..did he tell the man to drop the gun? NOPE....Did he give the man a chance at all?....NOPE...Was he a threat?...NOPE. we really don't know yet if the case is over..that will take some time before the attorneys review the case and the family calms down and possibly lawyers up. But the cop will live with that forever and need counseling because it was a bb gun.

I am a dumbass because i have always trusted the system and leo and courts. etc. I believe in preserving the integrity of the unit/agency etc. Have a great weekend.
You truly are a dumbass, as proven by the statements highlighted above. Your ignorance of the law and the application of deadly force is shocking, especially considering you feel it appropriate to hold yourself up as the bastion of all things reasonable. I'm glad you never made the cut to become an officer, because I wouldn't want you anywhere near my department, the citizens I protect or my profession.

You have also made my ignore list. Congratulations, you're the first. I can no longer abide the moronic, nonsensical statements that seem to rattle around in what passes for a brain and get spewed out by you for the world to see. You can officially go **** off.

But before I go, one final (I'm sure futile) attempt to pierce the thick veil of ignorance with which you have cocooned yourself:

Graham vs. Connor:
The "reasonableness" of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, and its calculus must embody an allowance for the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation. Pp. 490 U. S. 396-397

Ohio's use of force statute (for general citizens AND law enforcement):
Sec. 2305.62 -
(B) A person who is justified in using force pursuant to division (A) of this section is justified in the use of deadly force against the other person and does not have a duty to retreat if either of the following applies:
(1) The person using the deadly force reasonably believes that the use of the deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or serious physical harm to the person's self or a third person or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.


__________________
The name on the left side of your chest represents who you work for. The name on the right side of your chest represents who raised you. Make them both proud.
msu_grad_121 is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 07:39   #206
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I remember the 80's very well....when you went to a domestic the guy was told that if he hit the ole lady again he would get stomped and sometimes he got it. But there were fewer women killed back then in my opinion. I just don't see the new rules working all that well but that is just my opinion.

I did like the "porno mustaches" that were common though.
So..... You were a cop?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:24   #207
The Fist Of Goodness
Senior Member
 
The Fist Of Goodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Falling into Crime's Dinner Party.
Posts: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I carry three. Did you guys see where the FBI is investigating the California shooting of the boy with the pellet rifle..cops shot him only ten seconds after seeing him.
The FBI will often investigate incidents that potentially involve racial undertones. For instance, they investigated the Trayvon Martin shooting (and cleared George Zimmerman). They limit their investigation to determining if there were any civil rights violations (since they don't investigate murders unless they meet very narrow criteria). Their involvement is not evidence of guilt by any stretch.
The Fist Of Goodness is online now  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33   #208
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
So..... You were a cop?
I believe the assertions he made are that he still is. And if so, I feel very, very sorry for anyone in that jurisdiction.

It's getting to the point where I can't really tell if he's serious or just being a trolly ******.
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero
WarCry is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:52   #209
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_grad_121 View Post
You truly are a dumbass, as proven by the statements highlighted above. Your ignorance of the law and the application of deadly force is shocking, especially considering you feel it appropriate to hold yourself up as the bastion of all things reasonable. I'm glad you never made the cut to become an officer, because I wouldn't want you anywhere near my department, the citizens I protect or my profession.

You have also made my ignore list. Congratulations, you're the first. I can no longer abide the moronic, nonsensical statements that seem to rattle around in what passes for a brain and get spewed out by you for the world to see. You can officially go **** off.

But before I go, one final (I'm sure futile) attempt to pierce the thick veil of ignorance with which you have cocooned yourself:

Graham vs. Connor:
The "reasonableness" of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, and its calculus must embody an allowance for the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation. Pp. 490 U. S. 396-397

Ohio's use of force statute (for general citizens AND law enforcement):
Sec. 2305.62 -
(B) A person who is justified in using force pursuant to division (A) of this section is justified in the use of deadly force against the other person and does not have a duty to retreat if either of the following applies:
(1) The person using the deadly force reasonably believes that the use of the deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or serious physical harm to the person's self or a third person or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.
Have I ever stated that the shooting was not justified? No. I said the number of rounds fired was excessive and that is not stupidity. Now if you look at that Connor case law it contradicts itself because of the decision for false arrest which allows people to use deadly force to avoid arrest if they know they have done nothing wrong. John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. I actually had a Latino cashier come out one day and accuse me of taking something because I had walked out of a 7 eleven after seeing that they did not have the flavor of Slurpee I wanted. After the clerk accused me I told him I would stomp his ass and all was well...But he needed to get Cherry flavor. Everyone wants a little cherry now and then.

Now in Connor the incident would have been questionable because the guy supposedly did not take anything and the leo was investigating and placed them in cuffs to investigate. I agree with "reasonable". But we all know that two similar cases could have total different outcomes. Have a good one.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56   #210
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
The FBI will often investigate incidents that potentially involve racial undertones. For instance, they investigated the Trayvon Martin shooting (and cleared George Zimmerman). They limit their investigation to determining if there were any civil rights violations (since they don't investigate murders unless they meet very narrow criteria). Their involvement is not evidence of guilt by any stretch.
They also investigate police corruption etc. The gun in that incident did look like a real AK so it is just a sad case. But I have seen that when people are stressed they may take more than a few seconds to respond to commands and it can be deadly as in the California incident case.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07   #211
Kilrain
Señor Member
 
Kilrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: On the road to Shambala
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
The FBI will often investigate incidents that potentially involve racial undertones. For instance, they investigated the Trayvon Martin shooting (and cleared George Zimmerman). They limit their investigation to determining if there were any civil rights violations (since they don't investigate murders unless they meet very narrow criteria). Their involvement is not evidence of guilt by any stretch.
The FBI's involvement in this case appears to be a case of pandering, as it is in many cases.
__________________
The hog of the forsaken,

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:07   #212
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by txleapd View Post
So..... You were a cop?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I am not a leo now but I was in the academy back in the 80's and that is when I was trained. Porno mustaches were very common place as stated in the thread and that was a great post. Then the gangbangers and leo all went to the military crew cuts except for undercover guys and ATF and DEA etc.

Right now I am going through rehab for a botched lasik surgery so my life is upside down from that but I haven't given up yet..

The funniest thing I have heard from an instructor long ago was that a cop can say he is not a cop because there is nothing in the Constitution that requires you to tell the truth about what you do. But I do get accused of being a leo a fair number of times and I try to look non leo as much as possible.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12   #213
Kelo6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Have I ever stated that the shooting was not justified? No. I said the number of rounds fired was excessive and that is not stupidity.
If the number of rounds fired was "excessive" then no, the shooting as a whole would not have been justified, because every single "excessive" round would have been an unlawful use of deadly force.



Stop trolling.
Kelo6 is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:18   #214
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I am not a leo now but I was in the academy back in the 80's
So you didn't make it further than the academy? That certainly puts a WHOLE lot of perspective on your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I do get accused of being a leo a fair number of times and I try to look non leo as much as possible.
That might be based on the fact that, like you're doing here on this forum, you try to portray yourself as such. There's a term floating around here about people that do that.....a couple of threads all about them, in fact....
__________________
"I'm your priest, your shrink, your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the Magic Man, the Santa Claus of the Subconscious. You say it, you even think it, you can have it." - Lenny Nero

Last edited by WarCry; 11-02-2013 at 10:20..
WarCry is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:18   #215
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,480
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I am not a leo now but I was in the academy back in the 80's and that is when I was trained.
Were you a sworn "leo" after academy?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:23   #216
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,480
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
But I do get accused of being a leo a fair number of times and I try to look non leo as much as possible.
Why are you accused? What about you causes people to think you are law enforcement?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:24   #217
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelo6 View Post
If the number of rounds fired was "excessive" then no, the shooting as a whole would not have been justified, because every single "excessive" round would have been an unlawful use of deadly force.



Stop trolling.
I am not rolling to stir the pot at all. In my opinion based upon knowledge, education and experience I believe he fired too many times but that is just by round count. I thought the old guy was much older than 64. But he did not lie to the cop..he was "deceased" that day.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:28   #218
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,480
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
The funniest thing I have heard from an instructor long ago was that a cop can say he is not a cop because there is nothing in the Constitution that requires you to tell the truth about what you do.
Are you saying that you're lying and you're really in law enforcement?

And you are using the term "cop" in its generic meaning, correct?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29   #219
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Why are you accused? What about you causes people to think you are law enforcement?
Russ, i have no idea. Maybe because i ask questions a lot and I look at people in a certain manner. Maybe if I am in a high minority area the people fear the white guy as a leo or that I always look around and look them right in the eye. Or possibly people are up to no good and are paranoid that everyone is a cop.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32   #220
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I am not a leo now but I was in the academy back in the 80's and that is when I was trained.
So..... Is that a no? You didn't actually answer my question.

If I'm reading it correctly, you said that you were in a police academy, but you weren't a cop. Is that correct?



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Last edited by txleapd; 11-02-2013 at 10:33..
txleapd is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,186
327 Members
859 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31