Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2013, 18:35   #26
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
I have had nothing but great experience with HK customer service. The only reason I've sent HK guns back to HK was for custom work (P7 refresh & LEM/Hybrid trigger on USP). Work was done within 24hrs of receipt and sent back. All on my on dime but I expect that when it's at my choice. Whenever I send my Glock back to Glock it's always free, but the Glock keeps coming back with the same BTF and/or ejection issues. But I'm sure it because I'm limp wristing the Glock- LOL!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Nothing but positive experiences here also!!!
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 18:38   #27
SpringerTGO

Funny how the internet works.
No matter what brand or product, if someone has a bad experience and posts about, everyone with good products from that company feels the need to voice them.
I've owned lots of H&K products over the years, and (thankfully) have never needed service.
That said, I would NEVER buy any handgun that required major service after 2000 rounds.
Up until buying my Nighthawk, and reading this post, I've never felt the need to read a gun manufacturers warranty or maintenance schedule.
Times are changing I guess.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 21:28   #28
HK Dan

Well, thio say the mosts has not been my experience with HK customer service, to say the least. To say the most, they have been the most accomodating of any gun company I have worked with, though that experience has been limited to Taurus...LOL
Old 10-28-2013, 13:56   #29
kahrcarrier
FAHRENHEIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I'm a member there, but hardly ever post.

This!

I do like H&K handguns. I carry one almost daily.

I know nothing about their customer service.
kahrcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09   #30
01deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMGlocker View Post
I've received excellent customer service from H&K, including both free and heavily discounted parts. I've had the rep/gunsmith send me parts (free) from his workbench stash when the "for sale" parts were backordered so I could get my gun back up and running.
I also had the gunsmith give me some hints and tips on making the repair easier (the "secret" to installing the trigger spring).
In my experience their CS is easily the equal of S&W and Glock.

That had to have been Travis Teague !
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 14:30   #31
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
That said, I would NEVER buy any handgun that required major service after 2000 rounds
The normal H&K USP/P-series major service interval is 20k rounds (recoil, trigger return, flat spring replacement).

Running a suppressor on a handgun is extremely hard on the recoil system due to the huge increase in back pressure. You also have the additional problem of all that weight hanging off the end of the pistol in a tilting barrel lock up design. Different suppressors can have considerably different weights, recoil impulses and back pressures which makes a ultra-conservative 2000 round service interval the prudent schedule for a manufacturer to recommend.
Old 10-29-2013, 14:37   #32
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
That had to have been Travis Teague !
You mean Jesse T. He is awesome!

hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 15:51   #33
01deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
You mean Jesse T. He is awesome!

I did indeed mean Travis !
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 17:34   #34
SpringerTGO

Quote:
The normal H&K USP/P-series major service interval is 20k rounds (recoil, trigger return, flat spring replacement).

Running a suppressor on a handgun is extremely hard on the recoil system due to the huge increase in back pressure. You also have the additional problem of all that weight hanging off the end of the pistol in a tilting barrel lock up design. Different suppressors can have considerably different weights, recoil impulses and back pressures which makes a ultra-conservative 2000 round service interval the prudent schedule for a manufacturer to recommend.
I don't doubt what you are saying.
I did just read my FN's warranty and it doesn't mention anything about which supressor to run, special maintenance, or limitations on the warranty because of the supressor. I have no idea how the FN will hold up, but haven't read about a single supressor issue. Time will tell I guess.
That said, at this point I'm glad I didn't go with an H&K.
Old 10-29-2013, 18:06   #35
Andy W

Quote:

You know I personally don't think I'd ever want to run a suppressor on my pistols. A lot of extra cost and no added benefit for me. YMMV though.
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:34   #36
majette

i have had nothing but positive experiences with hk cs over the years. and if i buy a product that the manufacturer says is tested and warrantied to work with x and y but i choose to shoot it with z and there is an issue, then i take the big boy lumps. not that "manufacturer umptyfratz does not say this on theirs so they should be better". i guarantee hk spent many hours of design, manufacture, and consulting with the other manufacturers to say they warranty the gun for use with the other, TESTED products. this is what you pay for.

same analogies as the guy who bought a top tier ar and got butthurt that it would not shoot and cycle wolf steel cased ammo where his cheapo dpms would or the guy who buys a 1911 that wont cycle his handloads reliably but a lesser brand will, blames the manufacturer because he sent it back and they returned it saying it works fine with factory ammo.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 20:15   #37
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

Quote:
I have no idea how the FN will hold up,
Not very well so far.
Multiple dead trigger issues when they get hot.
Old 10-30-2013, 17:09   #38
grecco

All companies will have CS problems,
but i never had to send my HK's (6 of them back)
my personal opinion, the best engineered polymer pistol.
Old 10-30-2013, 21:39   #39
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecco View Post
All companies will have CS problems,
but i never had to send my HK's (6 of them back)
my personal opinion, the best engineered polymer pistol.
Agree and Agree!

HK kicks butt!

Old 10-30-2013, 22:35   #40
Syclone0538

We can't have an HK thread without this.

HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:00   #41
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Not very well so far.
Multiple dead trigger issues when they get hot.
How hot do I have to get it? The supressor gets way hot, but I haven't been able to make it fail. With factory loads it seems to run great. It's not 100% with the current reload I am making, but it's a pretty light load.
This is the first I have heard of a "dead trigger issue". Can you point me to any information on this?
Old 10-31-2013, 21:46   #42
Gdirty5

Quote:
I don't doubt what you are saying.
I did just read my FN's warranty and it doesn't mention anything about which supressor to run, special maintenance, or limitations on the warranty because of the supressor. I have no idea how the FN will hold up, but haven't read about a single supressor issue. Time will tell I guess.
That said, at this point I'm glad I didn't go with an H&K.
Early fn tacticals and ospreys didn't get along. I had a baffle strike with my fnp tactical and silencerco osprey suppressor a year or so ago. Since then, silencerco has made a piston made specifically for the fnp tactical which I now have and run 100%. It's Bc the shoulder on the fnp tactical isn't concentric to the barrel. I also have a usp-t and usp-ct that I use with my osprey and no issues with any of the 3 as of lately. My bro uses a Tirant 45 with a threaded 1911 and hk45ct with no issues
Old 11-01-2013, 06:39   #43
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
Can you imangage if other pistol manufactures told the owners of their products to replace a part every 2000 rounds?
Do you know how many morons think Glock RSAs need to be replaced every 2000 rounds? Hell, some think they need to be replaced after 500 rounds.

I kid you not. Go read in the General Glocking area.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:56   #44
SpringerTGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdirty5 View Post
Early fn tacticals and ospreys didn't get along. I had a baffle strike with my fnp tactical and silencerco osprey suppressor a year or so ago. Since then, silencerco has made a piston made specifically for the fnp tactical which I now have and run 100%. It's Bc the shoulder on the fnp tactical isn't concentric to the barrel. I also have a usp-t and usp-ct that I use with my osprey and no issues with any of the 3 as of lately. My bro uses a Tirant 45 with a threaded 1911 and hk45ct with no issues
Thanks for the information. I was getting a little nervous about this. So far, the FN appears every bit as great as I thought it would be. At first the trigger took some getting used to, but last time out I shot it better than I did my Nighthawk. I think the Osprey helps, but all this talk about how hard it is on the host had me wondering. I guess worst case is that I break it and send it back to FN.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:54   #45
Gdirty5

I shoot my fnp almost always suppressed and a few thousand rounds later it still functions 100% with zero signs of premature wear.
Old 11-01-2013, 13:15   #46
RJ's Guns

A significant percentage of my firearms are H&K products. Usually a H&K P2000SK and/or a USP 45C are one of the options in my daily use CCW selection.

I have easily put at least 100000 rounds through my H&K products. I have never had a problem that required any sort of H&K customer service.

Based on my experience, in my opinion, if you do not abuse a H&K firearm, they can be almost as reliable as the Sun coming up in the morning.

RJ

Last edited by RJ's Guns; 11-01-2013 at 13:52.. Reason: I thought my estimate was too high.
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 14:44   #47
joatmo
Under treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I'm a member there, but hardly ever post.
Same here bac. I don't have any HKs anymore but that board was crazy.

I can't remember what it is i'm supposed to forget.
joatmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:02   #48
Rinspeed
JAFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joatmo View Post
Same here bac. I don't have any HKs anymore but that board was crazy.

I am a member there as well and like both of you rarely post but I must think that they can't be any worse than a couple of the 1911 forums.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:08   #49
s&wfan

I've owned three HK pistols and ended up trading/selling them all. I even had a tan frame Mk 23 that I (idiotically) traded off.

So I am not an HK die hard here when I say this.

I think HKs are just that good. They are about the only plastic pistol that you could leave "plastic pistol" out as a qualifier if you get into a debate about the world's highest quality guns.

That said, I just never really could warm up to them and their funky mag release. I'd rather have a G21 than an HK45, even though the HK45 is an outright better gun quality wise.

Last edited by s&wfan; 11-01-2013 at 15:10..
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 15:35   #50
JBnTX
None

Quote:

...Running a suppressor on a handgun is extremely hard on the recoil system due to the huge increase in back pressure...

Do you have a source for this revelation?

How do you explain those of us that have fired literally thousands of suppressed rounds through the HK USP45 Tactical and an Octane 45 suppressor with no damage whatsoever?

In fact, my USP45 Tactical still looks brand new?

There's something in the OP's story that we're not being told?
He seems to be going to a lot of trouble to discredit HK's customer service?

Last edited by JBnTX; 11-01-2013 at 15:47..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote