GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:39   #21
SpringerTGO

I'm not sure what to make of the OP's experience.
I'm new to supressors, but this is the only instance I've read about where a manufacturer has voided a warranty because of the wrong one. The relatively low round count before parts upgrades is new to me too.
I recently got nailed by not knowing the exact terms of a "warranty" (thank you Nighthawk) so know how frustrating that can be. I would have been especially frustrated with a firearm that needed more maintenance and parts replacements than what I am used to. Kind of like not warrantying a safety (Nighthawk) Sorry, but I had to.
I also just purchased an FN Tactical with an Osprey, and after reading your post I decided to read the warranty for the first time. Nope, I didn't learn my lesson from Nighthawk. The FN doesn't list any strange exclusions or maintenance schedules.
Glad I didn't buy the H&K 45 I was considering.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:10   #22
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry V View Post
They charged me, no big deal. I wanted to go from Da/Sa to Light LEM. Of course they are going to charge for the service. I had no problem paying for it. The Light LEM is an amazing trigger system
I hope they didn't charge you a lot. I think what you paid was for parts at H&K prices.

As I stated after I found the parts I changed them out myself. It is no different skills level then doing a complete disassembly of a 1911 then putting back new parts.

Most other gun company would sell you the parts or send in the gun and free or minimal charge.

I side with OP. If the gun is OK with a certain suppressors than it should be with other quality suppressors. H&K told OP to replace part after 2,000 rounds.

If OP had used a Glock for his suppressor none of this would have happen.

Can you imangage if other pistol manufactures told the owners of their products to replace a part every 2000 rounds?

H&K make good stuff but not super great that they are worth buying over what other gun company offer.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:08   #23
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
I hope they didn't charge you a lot. I think what you paid was for parts at H&K prices.

As I stated after I found the parts I changed them out myself. It is no different skills level then doing a complete disassembly of a 1911 then putting back new parts.

Most other gun company would sell you the parts or send in the gun and free or minimal charge.

I side with OP. If the gun is OK with a certain suppressors than it should be with other quality suppressors. H&K told OP to replace part after 2,000 rounds.

If OP had used a Glock for his suppressor none of this would have happen.

Can you imangage if other pistol manufactures told the owners of their products to replace a part every 2000 rounds?

H&K make good stuff but not super great that they are worth buying over what other gun company offer.

I paid for there expertise. I have know intention of putting a trigger in my carry gun myself. I would rather pay and let experts do it and that's exactly who works at HK. I own ALOT of pistols Including 21 Glocks. To me there is no comparison when I pick up my P30 40 Light LEM and my Glock 23 Gen 4. The Quality of the HK for me not only feels better but shoots better . Just my opinion.
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:16   #24
grumpy1

Sorry to hear your story Fireman1291 and I hope HK takes care of you.

I have read about a lot of great service from HK too. I just ordered my first HK from Buds a P30LS DA/SA and hope to have it soon.

My first HK being a huge SIG fan but I wanted a HK also. Wife wants to get into shooting too and I felt that P30L with its multiple backstraps and side inserts would be a great option to get it right for her gripping it along with DA/SA and safety.

Good luck.
grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 17:11   #25
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

I have had nothing but great experience with HK customer service. The only reason I've sent HK guns back to HK was for custom work (P7 refresh & LEM/Hybrid trigger on USP). Work was done within 24hrs of receipt and sent back. All on my on dime but I expect that when it's at my choice. Whenever I send my Glock back to Glock it's always free, but the Glock keeps coming back with the same BTF and/or ejection issues. But I'm sure it because I'm limp wristing the Glock- LOL!!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 18:35   #26
Larry V

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry V
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
I have had nothing but great experience with HK customer service. The only reason I've sent HK guns back to HK was for custom work (P7 refresh & LEM/Hybrid trigger on USP). Work was done within 24hrs of receipt and sent back. All on my on dime but I expect that when it's at my choice. Whenever I send my Glock back to Glock it's always free, but the Glock keeps coming back with the same BTF and/or ejection issues. But I'm sure it because I'm limp wristing the Glock- LOL!!!

Nothing but positive experiences here also!!!
Larry V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 18:38   #27
SpringerTGO

Funny how the internet works.
No matter what brand or product, if someone has a bad experience and posts about, everyone with good products from that company feels the need to voice them.
I've owned lots of H&K products over the years, and (thankfully) have never needed service.
That said, I would NEVER buy any handgun that required major service after 2000 rounds.
Up until buying my Nighthawk, and reading this post, I've never felt the need to read a gun manufacturers warranty or maintenance schedule.
Times are changing I guess.
Old 10-27-2013, 21:28   #28
HK Dan

Well, thio say the mosts has not been my experience with HK customer service, to say the least. To say the most, they have been the most accomodating of any gun company I have worked with, though that experience has been limited to Taurus...LOL
Old 10-28-2013, 13:56   #29
kahrcarrier
FAHRENHEIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I'm a member there, but hardly ever post.

This!

I do like H&K handguns. I carry one almost daily.

I know nothing about their customer service.
kahrcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:09   #30
01deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMGlocker View Post
I've received excellent customer service from H&K, including both free and heavily discounted parts. I've had the rep/gunsmith send me parts (free) from his workbench stash when the "for sale" parts were backordered so I could get my gun back up and running.
I also had the gunsmith give me some hints and tips on making the repair easier (the "secret" to installing the trigger spring).
In my experience their CS is easily the equal of S&W and Glock.

That had to have been Travis Teague !
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 14:30   #31
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
That said, I would NEVER buy any handgun that required major service after 2000 rounds
The normal H&K USP/P-series major service interval is 20k rounds (recoil, trigger return, flat spring replacement).

Running a suppressor on a handgun is extremely hard on the recoil system due to the huge increase in back pressure. You also have the additional problem of all that weight hanging off the end of the pistol in a tilting barrel lock up design. Different suppressors can have considerably different weights, recoil impulses and back pressures which makes a ultra-conservative 2000 round service interval the prudent schedule for a manufacturer to recommend.
Old 10-29-2013, 14:37   #32
hoghunter82
FL Glocker #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
That had to have been Travis Teague !
You mean Jesse T. He is awesome!

hoghunter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 15:51   #33
01deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghunter82 View Post
You mean Jesse T. He is awesome!

I did indeed mean Travis !
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 17:34   #34
SpringerTGO

Quote:
The normal H&K USP/P-series major service interval is 20k rounds (recoil, trigger return, flat spring replacement).

Running a suppressor on a handgun is extremely hard on the recoil system due to the huge increase in back pressure. You also have the additional problem of all that weight hanging off the end of the pistol in a tilting barrel lock up design. Different suppressors can have considerably different weights, recoil impulses and back pressures which makes a ultra-conservative 2000 round service interval the prudent schedule for a manufacturer to recommend.
I don't doubt what you are saying.
I did just read my FN's warranty and it doesn't mention anything about which supressor to run, special maintenance, or limitations on the warranty because of the supressor. I have no idea how the FN will hold up, but haven't read about a single supressor issue. Time will tell I guess.
That said, at this point I'm glad I didn't go with an H&K.
Old 10-29-2013, 18:06   #35
Andy W

Quote:

You know I personally don't think I'd ever want to run a suppressor on my pistols. A lot of extra cost and no added benefit for me. YMMV though.
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 18:34   #36
majette

i have had nothing but positive experiences with hk cs over the years. and if i buy a product that the manufacturer says is tested and warrantied to work with x and y but i choose to shoot it with z and there is an issue, then i take the big boy lumps. not that "manufacturer umptyfratz does not say this on theirs so they should be better". i guarantee hk spent many hours of design, manufacture, and consulting with the other manufacturers to say they warranty the gun for use with the other, TESTED products. this is what you pay for.

same analogies as the guy who bought a top tier ar and got butthurt that it would not shoot and cycle wolf steel cased ammo where his cheapo dpms would or the guy who buys a 1911 that wont cycle his handloads reliably but a lesser brand will, blames the manufacturer because he sent it back and they returned it saying it works fine with factory ammo.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 20:15   #37
NMGlocker
BOOM headshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTGO View Post
I have no idea how the FN will hold up,
Not very well so far.
Multiple dead trigger issues when they get hot.
Old 10-30-2013, 17:09   #38
grecco

All companies will have CS problems,
but i never had to send my HK's (6 of them back)
my personal opinion, the best engineered polymer pistol.
Old 10-30-2013, 21:39   #39
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecco View Post
All companies will have CS problems,
but i never had to send my HK's (6 of them back)
my personal opinion, the best engineered polymer pistol.
Agree and Agree!

HK kicks butt!

Old 10-30-2013, 22:35   #40
Syclone0538

We can't have an HK thread without this.

HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote