GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 06:22   #76
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand Grenade View Post
Well hell....the libertards still believe that Bush planted explosives to flood New Orleans, set off a nuclear device in the ocean to cause the tsunami in Thailand, Bush steered Hurricane Katrina into New Orleans in order to rig the elections, forced all 13 year olds into the draft by executive order. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the libertards blamed the staged fainting woman on Bush's fart smells.

I don't care what anyone thinks, Obama is president and it's all his fault!!!
Do you have a concussion or something?

The truth is liberals laugh at people like you.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:26   #77
tirechanger
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 51
CONSIDER THE SOURCE, coming from the idiot in the WHITE HOUSE
tirechanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:29   #78
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
In my time I was quite proud to wear the maroon beret for Airborne. There were only two others...the black for Rangers and the green for Special Forces. It was quite an honor to have gained the ability to wear one. Then the Army decided it hurt other soldier's feelings because they couldn't wear one and took the black beret away from the Rangers and gave it to everyone, quickly deleting the honor and work those soldiers had done to deserve it. That didn't last long.
Can someone explain to me how, in 2001, the Army decided to change their headgear. But in 2013, it was (supposedly, since it's been shown to be false now) the President making the change for the Marines?
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb

Last edited by WarCry; 10-27-2013 at 09:29..
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:48   #79
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,237


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
Can someone explain to me how, in 2001, the Army decided to change their headgear. But in 2013, it was (supposedly, since it's been shown to be false now) the President making the change for the Marines?
Because in 2001 the Commander in Chief had served in the military and had respect for them. In 2013 it's being micromanaged by an affirmative action law clerk who's never had any military experience whatsoever.
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:01   #80
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,197


Stick it out GT...I doesn't matter it is a proven fabrication. /sarcasm
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:03   #81
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Because in 2001 the Commander in Chief had served in the military and had respect for them. In 2013 it's being micromanaged by an affirmative action law clerk who's never had any military experience whatsoever.
First of all, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say President Bush actually served in the military.

2nd off, it has been proven that there is NOTHING in this story that has a basis in fact when it comes to....well, frankly, ANYTHING. The Marine Corps came out and said the whole thing is a bunch of crap.

The military was designed to be led by a civilian. Military service is NOT a Constitutional requirement to being commander in chief. If you want to you that as your own measuring stick, that's fine, but it is absolutely not a disqualifier.


Unless you're going to insist that the Constitution means something other than what it says, in which case you're going to be handing a win to anti-2a crowds.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:10   #82
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
First of all, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say President Bush actually served in the military.

snip

Is the ANG not 'military' enough for you?
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:15   #83
willie_pete
NRA Life Member
 
willie_pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,856
Basic flight training at Moody AFB and 300+ hours in a F-102. They don't let civilians do that.

WP
__________________
To Err is Human; To Forgive is not Current SAC Policy

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:23   #84
gwalchmai
Lucky Member
 
gwalchmai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Outside the perimeter
Posts: 44,237


Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
First of all, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say President Bush actually served in the military.
Really? Is there anything that would convince you he served?
gwalchmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:42   #85
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
Really? Is there anything that would convince you he served?
When your own White House (President Bush's, I mean) puts out records saying he didn't complete his obligation - which is supported by a similar report out of the Reagan administration - then yeah, I'm going to have a hard time giving him credit for that in this sense.

And no, I'm not talking about the crap that CBS ran that (rightfully) cost Dan Rather his job.

And I'm not discrediting the time he DID serve, either, but for the sake of this argument, saying the short bit of time he served as an O-1 and O-2 in the ANG gives him some magic ability to be Commander-in-Chief is one helluva stretch of the imagination.

My point - badly stated, for which I apologize - was that what little bit President Bush DID serve was hardly justification for saying he can make military decisions where the current CiC is not qualified to do so.





Besides the fact that it's all moot because OBAMA DIDN'T ORDER THIS!
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:43   #86
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_pete View Post
Basic flight training at Moody AFB and 300+ hours in a F-102. They don't let civilians do that.

WP
Actually, civilians fly military aircraft all the time. Don Kirlin is a trained pilot that has more hours than that in MiGs, and he's neither Russian or Military. So, yes, they DO let civilians do that.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 13:58   #87
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,595
President Bush served 2 years on active duty. That alone qualified him far better than our current president to make decisions affecting our military. Those two years gave Bush a much better understanding of our military. Far better than being a community organizer.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Detectorist; 10-27-2013 at 14:01..
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 14:36   #88
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
President Bush served 2 years on active duty. That alone qualified him far better than our current president to make decisions affecting our military. Those two years gave Bush a much better understanding of our military. Far better than being a community organizer.
You can hold that opinion, but I disagree with it. That two years was all training. Anyone that's been in the military can tell you that training isn't the same as permanent duty.

You're entitled to think what you want, though. The simple fact is there is no military-service requirement for being commander-in-chief. Making up requirements might affect your choice at the polls, but that doesn't make it a real requirement.



Just as an aside, if you feel military experience is so important to being CiC, who should have won the last presidential race? Obama, Paul, and Romney were the big names (at least after the primary) last year, and none served in the military. Gary Johnson was trying to take the gold as a dark horse, same thing.

What about in 2016? Ryan, Walker, Cruz, Paul (Rand), Bush (Jeb), Rubio, none of these guys have served in the military.


The simple fact is that we live in a time where military service is a much smaller percentage of the population. There are likely two full generations that will have lived without a major war - major on the scale of WWII, or even Vietnam, as opposed to extended deployments like Afghanistan and Iraq. Military experience is going to less and less prevalent in politicians, so if that's your only measuring stick, you're going to find yourself with very difficult choices.


I served in the military, and I can assure you it gave me absolutely NO magical insight that would allow me to dictate how and when the military should be used. You seem to think that raising your right hand and serving for years - I served longer than President Bush, BTW - grants special powers. And I'm telling you it simply does not.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 15:48   #89
willie_pete
NRA Life Member
 
willie_pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 1,856
Thanks, for the info. I'm going to hurry right down to McDill and strap on a KC-135.

WP
__________________
To Err is Human; To Forgive is not Current SAC Policy

NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic/Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO, Certified Glock Armorer, NRA Life Member
willie_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 17:49   #90
NIB
Senior Member
 
NIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lost Angeles
Posts: 3,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
First of all, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say President Bush actually served in the military.

2nd off, it has been proven that there is NOTHING in this story that has a basis in fact when it comes to....well, frankly, ANYTHING. The Marine Corps came out and said the whole thing is a bunch of crap.

The military was designed to be led by a civilian. Military service is NOT a Constitutional requirement to being commander in chief. If you want to you that as your own measuring stick, that's fine, but it is absolutely not a disqualifier.

....
Really? Because the democrats sure made it their mantra that George Bush was unfit to be President/Commander in Chief because he never served. Did you conveniently forget about that.

And how do we know if the White House didn't make a few calls to a few Marine Corps Generals reminding them that their next star is under review while not recalling anything about a new head cover. It wouldn't surprise me if the Obama administration stooped that low.
__________________
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 18:35   #91
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
Really? Because the democrats sure made it their mantra that George Bush was unfit to be President/Commander in Chief because he never served. Did you conveniently forget about that.
Nope. I think they were just as idiotic about it. I think the only thing that's dumber than the military service thing is the religious hoops we require politicians to jump through. To quote....erm...something, but I don't recall what.."If we demand our politicians pledge their faith, we're just begging to be lied to."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
And how do we know if the White House didn't make a few calls to a few Marine Corps Generals reminding them that their next star is under review while not recalling anything about a new head cover. It wouldn't surprise me if the Obama administration stooped that low.
Because I actually trust those in uniform until they give me a reason not to. Call me naive, but I give them that benefit of the doubt. So when they say "That story is a big steaming pile," I take them at their word.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 18:37   #92
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
For anyone that hasn't figured me out yet, I'm equally appalled at behavior from BOTH political parties. I do NOT condone actions from one but not from the other.

The reason I post so often arguing against stupidity directed at Dems is because the other side is covered pretty damn well on this site. What you're seeing is me calling a spade a spade, but everyone just assumes my loyalties lie in one direction because most here are too damn blind to understand an unbiased view point. It really is "My way or the highway" with a lot of folks here. And I'll keep callin' those spades when I see them.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 18:43   #93
Buck_Turgidson
Member
 
Buck_Turgidson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 32


If obama is for it, I am opposed to it.
__________________
Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines
Buck_Turgidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 19:01   #94
WarCry
Senior Member
 
WarCry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL, on the banks of the Muddy River
Posts: 7,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_Turgidson View Post
If obama is for it, I am opposed to it.
And that is a perfect demonstration of pure ignorance.
__________________
"If you have something to say, now would be a perfect time to keep it to yourself." --Col. Chester Phillips
"If you believe everything you read, better not read." --Japanese proverb
WarCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 19:02   #95
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
You can hold that opinion, but I disagree with it. That two years was all training. Anyone that's been in the military can tell you that training isn't the same as permanent duty.

You're entitled to think what you want, though. The simple fact is there is no military-service requirement for being commander-in-chief. Making up requirements might affect your choice at the polls, but that doesn't make it a real requirement.



Just as an aside, if you feel military experience is so important to being CiC, who should have won the last presidential race? Obama, Paul, and Romney were the big names (at least after the primary) last year, and none served in the military. Gary Johnson was trying to take the gold as a dark horse, same thing.

What about in 2016? Ryan, Walker, Cruz, Paul (Rand), Bush (Jeb), Rubio, none of these guys have served in the military.


The simple fact is that we live in a time where military service is a much smaller percentage of the population. There are likely two full generations that will have lived without a major war - major on the scale of WWII, or even Vietnam, as opposed to extended deployments like Afghanistan and Iraq. Military experience is going to less and less prevalent in politicians, so if that's your only measuring stick, you're going to find yourself with very difficult choices.


I served in the military, and I can assure you it gave me absolutely NO magical insight that would allow me to dictate how and when the military should be used. You seem to think that raising your right hand and serving for years - I served longer than President Bush, BTW - grants special powers. And I'm telling you it simply does not.
You seem to be making lots of arguments against an imaginary opponent. You may have not learned anything in the military, but there are some of us who did.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 19:11   #96
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
I served in the military, and I can assure you it gave me absolutely NO magical insight
That's because you weren't a Marine. We gain a magical ability to find cold beer, loose women and big trouble.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 19:22   #97
Detectorist
Senior Member
 
Detectorist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Robertsville, MO
Posts: 7,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
That's because you weren't a Marine. We gain a magical ability to find cold beer, loose women and big trouble.
Hahahaha.

Being in the Army gave me the ability to find the base Commandant's daughter.

It didn't end well for me.
__________________
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 19:32   #98
Rizzo
Garbage Day!
 
Rizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Donkeypile, AZ
Posts: 2,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
For anyone that hasn't figured me out yet, I'm equally appalled at behavior from BOTH political parties. I do NOT condone actions from one but not from the other.

The reason I post so often arguing against stupidity directed at Dems is because the other side is covered pretty damn well on this site. What you're seeing is me calling a spade a spade, but everyone just assumes my loyalties lie in one direction because most here are too damn blind to understand an unbiased view point. It really is "My way or the highway" with a lot of folks here. And I'll keep callin' those spades when I see them.
Whatever, you liberal troll. You love Obama and hate America. Go back to DU.




Sincerely,
GNG
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 20:34   #99
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
For anyone that hasn't figured me out yet, I'm equally appalled at behavior from BOTH political parties. I do NOT condone actions from one but not from the other.

The reason I post so often arguing against stupidity directed at Dems is because the other side is covered pretty damn well on this site. What you're seeing is me calling a spade a spade, but everyone just assumes my loyalties lie in one direction because most here are too damn blind to understand an unbiased view point. It really is "My way or the highway" with a lot of folks here. And I'll keep callin' those spades when I see them.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 21:05   #100
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
Is the ANG not 'military' enough for you?

not really!
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:56.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 806
203 Members
603 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42