Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2013, 20:27   #41
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
That's great, but it has nothing to do with this argument. People do reckless things everyday. If you are suggesting we ban bicycles, then you must be suggesting that they are potential weapons of mass destruction?

Again, please keep this argument on topic and stop suggesting we ban everyday objects.
I'll bet you more people are killed and injured on bicycles than with tannerite.

As for WMD, last I checked, they were illegal. What do they have to do with tannerite?

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 20:31   #42
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
If we went around banning everything chicken littles perceived as dangerous, we would look more like a country under Taliban control than the American Republic.

If we legalized drugs the same morons doing it would continue to do it. Not much change. Except maybe we can save billions in the tax fleece dubbed The War On Drugs.
The war on drugs is a whole 'nother can of worms. In the pure sense, yes, people could do them all they wanted and die form it and that would be that. BUT, it would never be that way. These same people would bring lot's of other people down with them because our society is so inept at enforcing the other aspects of the law, like child abuse and neglect, robbery, murder, theft, etc. Drugs in and of themselves CAUSE violence, and that violence would not be addressed if drugs were legalized.

Old 11-03-2013, 20:35   #43
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
I'll bet you more people are killed and injured on bicycles than with tannerite.

As for WMD, last I checked, they were illegal. What do they have to do with tannerite?
More people are probably killed by negligence in the food industry than bicycles, but im not sure where you are going with this. You aren't making any valid points and im not sure what you are trying to prove with these comparisons.

OKC was unfortunate but it doesn't mean that keeping HE banned wouldn't have an effect on things like this, because I can assure legalizing them certainly wouldn't help.

And in certain quantities, almost any explosive can be considered a WMD.
Old 11-03-2013, 20:38   #44
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Drugs in and of themselves CAUSE violence, and that violence would not be addressed if drugs were legalized.
If you believe this then you clearly don't pay attention the crime related to alcohol, and you obviously never seen anyone in a drug withdrawal. Most crime related to drugs in the US is due to an addict trying to get their fix.

But this is off topic and has nothing to do with the topic. I was only challenging the other posters logic.
Old 11-03-2013, 20:42   #45
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
If you believe this then you clearly don't pay attention the crime related to alcohol, and you obviously never seen anyone in a drug withdrawal. Most crime related to drugs in the US is due to an addict trying to get their fix.

But this is off topic and has nothing to do with the topic. I was only challenging the other posters logic.
See, this is proof of what I meant about being coherent. Believe me, I have extensive, first hand, experience with the effects of drugs including alcohol, both direct and indirect, on the users and people around them.

Old 11-03-2013, 20:47   #46
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
See, this is proof of what I meant about being coherent. Believe me, I have extensive, first hand, experience with the effects of drugs including alcohol, both direct and indirect, on the users and people around them.
Then you would know that many robberies, theft, and murders come back to an addict trying scrape enough cash to buy their next fix. If you are going to suggest I am being incoherent then you should provide an explanation and reasons for your opinion, and evidence supporting your conclusion.

Or maybe you should stay on topic and quit making comparisons to completely irrelevant objects/situations
Old 11-03-2013, 20:52   #47
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Then you would know that many robberies, theft, and murders come back to an addict trying scrape enough cash to buy their next fix. If you are going to suggest I am being incoherent then you should provide an explanation and reasons for your opinion, and evidence supporting your conclusion.

Or maybe you should stay on topic and quit making comparisons to completely irrelevant objects/situations
Learn all of that watching the Lifetime Network? Funny how you say "most" and then change it to "many" when challenged.

Old 11-03-2013, 21:05   #48
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Learn all of that watching the Lifetime Network? Funny how you say "most" and then change it to "many" when challenged.

You are obviously done with this argument considering you have no valid reasons and you like to change topic and challenge opinions and experiences.

If anyone else would like to have an adult conversation without unnecessary name calling and nit picking then feel free.
Old 11-03-2013, 21:10   #49
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:

You are obviously done with this argument considering you have no valid reasons and you like to change topic and challenge opinions and experiences.

If anyone else would like to have an adult conversation without unnecessary name calling and nit picking then feel free.
I think we are all keen to know how you are such an expert on all these things. You are an expert on explosives, you know the statistics and circumstances regarding drugs and violent crime, you make all kinds of claims. Then, when you are challenged on them, you claim they are irrelevent. Tell us, why did YOU comment on drugs and crime when YOU thinks it's irrelevent to this thread?

Old 11-03-2013, 21:16   #50
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
I think we are all keen to know how you are such an expert on all these things. You are an expert on explosives, you know the statistics and circumstances regarding drugs and violent crime, you make all kinds of claims. Then, when you are challenged on them, you claim they are irrelevent. Tell us, why did YOU comment on drugs and crime when YOU thinks it's irrelevent to this thread?
Then tell me where I was wrong on anything I presented? I made on the spot corrections when needed, but never resorted to name calling. The irrelevance in this thread consists of comparisons of high explosives to drugs, bicycles, as well as other objects that have little or nothing to do with the topic.

Of course I may have veered off a bit at times, but only because I took that bait from you two.
Old 11-03-2013, 21:21   #51
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:

Of course I may have veered off a bit at times, but only because I took that bait from you two.
So, it's our fault that you got off on a tangent? Is it our fault that you criticized us for it, when you were doing it too?

Tags
explosion, full auto, rkba, tannerite