Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:57   #1
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Mix explosives, FA, refridgerators and a bunch of YouTubers and you get...

What happens when you get a bunch of YouTubers together in one place with binary explosives, full auto's, refrigerators and everything short of the kitchen sink?

One heck of great weekend! IraqVeteran8888, Military Arms Channel, 13C Gun Reviews, Fate of Destinee, 22Plinkster, Sootch00 and too many more to list.

You can read more about it and check out the video here-
AAR: 2013 YouTube Range Day shoot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Prometheus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 13:17   #2
Jakestir

Ya I listen to talking lead and they did a show from there. Sounded like a blast.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Jakestir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:09   #3
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
Ya I listen to talking lead and they did a show from there. Sounded like a blast.

It was. I need to get some time to get together with the good people at TalkingLead, great groups of guys from the short time I talked to them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Prometheus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:58   #4
Jakestir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus77 View Post
It was. I need to get some time to get together with the good people at TalkingLead, great groups of guys from the short time I talked to them.
Good to know. I've been listing to them sense they started and they seem to be great group of guys.

Jakestir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:40   #5
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Im not a big fan of those explosives. IMO they are way to easy to be misused
Old 11-03-2013, 06:27   #6
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Im not a big fan of those explosives. IMO they are way to easy to be misused
So, like anything else that someone might use for evil purposes, let's take them all away from those who never would.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40   #7
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
So, like anything else that someone might use for evil purposes, let's take them all away from those who never would.
Where did he say any of that?

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46   #8
WiskyT
Malcontent

I didn't watch all of it. I don't find this kind of video that interesting. What I did find interesting is that all of the guns were handled safely. The Four Rules were followed at all times, at least as far as I could tell.

It was refreshing to see petite ladies shooting guns properly. They look well trained and like they actually enjoy shooting. This is in comparison to the typical youtube video where a pretty, 5'03/110# young women gets her skull bashed in by the muzzle of a SW X-Frame or her shoulder broken with a 3.5" turkey load, and then sweeps the entire firing line as she crumples to ground in pain while her bf laughs. And then there are the videos with 6'03/275# men doing the same thing...

Last edited by WiskyT; 11-03-2013 at 06:47..
Old 11-03-2013, 09:30   #9
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
In most cases, yes. I wouldn't trust anyone with cyanide either. Up until a few years ago these explosives were a felony but now that someone has found a loophole they are everywhere. They need to be controlled better IMO.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:12   #10
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
In most cases, yes. I wouldn't trust anyone with cyanide either. Up until a few years ago these explosives were a felony but now that someone has found a loophole they are everywhere. They need to be controlled better IMO.
Now he said it

Gasoline might be a bit of a problem too

Old 11-03-2013, 13:24   #11
blastfact

Looks like they had a great day at the range.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:55   #12
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Now he said it

Gasoline might be a bit of a problem too
Typical response.

Gasoline has many industrial, commercial, and personal uses.

High explosives don't.

So why are you so defensive of your precious high explosives? They have pretty much always been illegal, but now that you can have fun a couple times a year blowing up microwaves you think that they should stock the shelves sky high for anyone to purchase with or without some sort of qualification.

I guess you believe that cyanide should be stocked on the shelves next to it? I mean we cant assume that a few serial killers would predict how everyone else would use it, right?

But why stop there? Do you think chemical weapons should be publicly available?
Old 11-03-2013, 19:02   #13
eb07
Sharkin'

Ban all firearms while you are at it.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 19:14   #14
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Please don't waste everyones time unless you have a legitimate reason to keep high explosives legal for everyone.
Old 11-03-2013, 19:18   #15
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Typical response.

High explosives don't.

So why are you so defensive of your precious high explosives? They have pretty much always been illegal, but now that you can have fun a couple times a year blowing up microwaves you think that they should stock the shelves sky high for anyone to purchase with or without some sort of qualification.

I guess you believe that cyanide should be stocked on the shelves next to it? I mean we cant assume that a few serial killers would predict how everyone else would use it, right?

But why stop there? Do you think chemical weapons should be publicly available?

Dude, WTF are you talking about? A couple of facts, sorry if they confuse you. These aren't "high explosives", if you knew anything at all about explosives, you would know that. Second, true HE can be made with stuff bought at walmart. Third, how do you figure these are "my high explosives"? Aside from some m80's I used to light off as a kid, I have zero interest in explosives, high or otherwise.

BTW, what is "cyanide"? There are several cyanide compounds that have legitimate uses. They happen to be poisonous as well.

Old 11-03-2013, 19:21   #16
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Typical response.

High explosives don't.
I should have just stopped there. No industrial or commercial uses for HE? I'll have to remember that the next time they do a "shot" at the quarries I frequent.

Old 11-03-2013, 19:22   #17
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Please don't waste everyones time unless you have a legitimate reason to keep high explosives legal for everyone.
Ban all fertilizer and diesel fuel. Everyone should not have access. It is scary.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 19:25   #18
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
Dude, WTF are you talking about? A couple of facts, sorry if they confuse you. These aren't "high explosives", if you knew anything at all about explosives, you would know that. Second, true HE can be made with stuff bought at walmart. Third, how do you figure these are "my high explosives"? Aside from some m80's I used to light off as a kid, I have zero interest in explosives, high or otherwise.

BTW, what is "cyanide"? There are several cyanide compounds that have legitimate uses. They happen to be poisonous as well.
These are high explosives. If you knew how explosives worked, you would understand that the ratio of chemicals would make it nearly impossible for deflagration. Plain and simple, these detonate, which makes them a high explosive regardless of how they are advertised.

Pretty much anything can be illegally made from chemicals at WalMart. Does this mean that we should just skip the foreplay and stock the shelves of WalMart with meth and high explosives? Of course not, that's a terrible argument.

Yes, there are various cyanide compounds but they are all dangerous and for the most part pretty well controlled. Cyanide as well as high explosives both have legitimate uses, but that doesn't mean that anyone with the cash should be able to buy it.
Old 11-03-2013, 19:27   #19
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy

Quote:
I should have just stopped there. No industrial or commercial uses for HE? I'll have to remember that the next time they do a "shot" at the quarries I frequent.
Now you are twisting things around to try to make yourself look right. Please tell me where I said there are no uses for HE? Of course there are industrial uses for them, but there are a wide variety of substances and chemicals that have practical applications but that doesn't mean they should be legal and available to the public.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. All you need to tell me is why HE should be available to anyone.
Old 11-03-2013, 19:33   #20
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
These are high explosives. If you knew how explosives worked, you would understand that the ratio of chemicals would make it nearly impossible for deflagration. Plain and simple, these detonate, which makes them a high explosive regardless of how they are advertised.

Pretty much anything can be illegally made from chemicals at WalMart. Does this mean that we should just skip the foreplay and stock the shelves of WalMart with meth and high explosives? Of course not, that's a terrible argument.

Yes, there are various cyanide compounds but they are all dangerous and for the most part pretty well controlled. Cyanide as well as high explosives both have legitimate uses, but that doesn't mean that anyone with the cash should be able to buy it.
You're right, tannerite is HE. The blackpowder used at the Boston Marathon was LE.

Now you say there are legitimate uses for HE, before you said their weren't.

As for controls, you are excersized about the lack of them, and then refernece the fact that there are controls on them. I'm pretty sure FPS Russia got gigged for violating the controls that you complain don't exist, then rely on as an argument for "banning" them, which they basically are.

What do you suggest we, as a society, do about all of the gasoline and fertilizer that gets sold to people who have the money to buy it?

Tags
explosion, full auto, rkba, tannerite