GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 12:57   #1
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA
 
Prometheus77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 633
Mix explosives, FA, refridgerators and a bunch of YouTubers and you get...

What happens when you get a bunch of YouTubers together in one place with binary explosives, full auto's, refrigerators and everything short of the kitchen sink?

One heck of great weekend! IraqVeteran8888, Military Arms Channel, 13C Gun Reviews, Fate of Destinee, 22Plinkster, Sootch00 and too many more to list.

You can read more about it and check out the video here-
AAR: 2013 YouTube Range Day shoot
__________________
"You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."
John Adams.
Molon Labe!
Prometheus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 13:17   #2
Jakestir
Senior Member
 
Jakestir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 971
Ya I listen to talking lead and they did a show from there. Sounded like a blast.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Jakestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 16:09   #3
Prometheus77
GOA - RWVA
 
Prometheus77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
Ya I listen to talking lead and they did a show from there. Sounded like a blast.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
It was. I need to get some time to get together with the good people at TalkingLead, great groups of guys from the short time I talked to them.
__________________
"You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments; rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the Universe."
John Adams.
Molon Labe!
Prometheus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 13:58   #4
Jakestir
Senior Member
 
Jakestir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus77 View Post
It was. I need to get some time to get together with the good people at TalkingLead, great groups of guys from the short time I talked to them.
Good to know. I've been listing to them sense they started and they seem to be great group of guys.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Jakestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:40   #5
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Im not a big fan of those explosives. IMO they are way to easy to be misused
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:27   #6
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Im not a big fan of those explosives. IMO they are way to easy to be misused
So, like anything else that someone might use for evil purposes, let's take them all away from those who never would.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:40   #7
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
So, like anything else that someone might use for evil purposes, let's take them all away from those who never would.
Where did he say any of that?
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46   #8
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
I didn't watch all of it. I don't find this kind of video that interesting. What I did find interesting is that all of the guns were handled safely. The Four Rules were followed at all times, at least as far as I could tell.

It was refreshing to see petite ladies shooting guns properly. They look well trained and like they actually enjoy shooting. This is in comparison to the typical youtube video where a pretty, 5'03/110# young women gets her skull bashed in by the muzzle of a SW X-Frame or her shoulder broken with a 3.5" turkey load, and then sweeps the entire firing line as she crumples to ground in pain while her bf laughs. And then there are the videos with 6'03/275# men doing the same thing...
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay

Last edited by WiskyT; 11-03-2013 at 05:47..
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:30   #9
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
So, like anything else that someone might use for evil purposes, let's take them all away from those who never would.
In most cases, yes. I wouldn't trust anyone with cyanide either. Up until a few years ago these explosives were a felony but now that someone has found a loophole they are everywhere. They need to be controlled better IMO.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:12   #10
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
In most cases, yes. I wouldn't trust anyone with cyanide either. Up until a few years ago these explosives were a felony but now that someone has found a loophole they are everywhere. They need to be controlled better IMO.
Now he said it

Gasoline might be a bit of a problem too
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:24   #11
blastfact
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,429
Looks like they had a great day at the range.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 17:55   #12
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Now he said it

Gasoline might be a bit of a problem too
Typical response.

Gasoline has many industrial, commercial, and personal uses.

High explosives don't.

So why are you so defensive of your precious high explosives? They have pretty much always been illegal, but now that you can have fun a couple times a year blowing up microwaves you think that they should stock the shelves sky high for anyone to purchase with or without some sort of qualification.

I guess you believe that cyanide should be stocked on the shelves next to it? I mean we cant assume that a few serial killers would predict how everyone else would use it, right?

But why stop there? Do you think chemical weapons should be publicly available?
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:02   #13
eb07
Sharkin'
 
eb07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Third Rock From the Sun
Posts: 2,053
Ban all firearms while you are at it.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:14   #14
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Please don't waste everyones time unless you have a legitimate reason to keep high explosives legal for everyone.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:18   #15
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Typical response.

Gasoline has many industrial, commercial, and personal uses.

High explosives don't.

So why are you so defensive of your precious high explosives? They have pretty much always been illegal, but now that you can have fun a couple times a year blowing up microwaves you think that they should stock the shelves sky high for anyone to purchase with or without some sort of qualification.

I guess you believe that cyanide should be stocked on the shelves next to it? I mean we cant assume that a few serial killers would predict how everyone else would use it, right?

But why stop there? Do you think chemical weapons should be publicly available?

Dude, WTF are you talking about? A couple of facts, sorry if they confuse you. These aren't "high explosives", if you knew anything at all about explosives, you would know that. Second, true HE can be made with stuff bought at walmart. Third, how do you figure these are "my high explosives"? Aside from some m80's I used to light off as a kid, I have zero interest in explosives, high or otherwise.

BTW, what is "cyanide"? There are several cyanide compounds that have legitimate uses. They happen to be poisonous as well.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:21   #16
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Typical response.

Gasoline has many industrial, commercial, and personal uses.

High explosives don't.
I should have just stopped there. No industrial or commercial uses for HE? I'll have to remember that the next time they do a "shot" at the quarries I frequent.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:22   #17
eb07
Sharkin'
 
eb07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Third Rock From the Sun
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Please don't waste everyones time unless you have a legitimate reason to keep high explosives legal for everyone.
Ban all fertilizer and diesel fuel. Everyone should not have access. It is scary.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:25   #18
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Dude, WTF are you talking about? A couple of facts, sorry if they confuse you. These aren't "high explosives", if you knew anything at all about explosives, you would know that. Second, true HE can be made with stuff bought at walmart. Third, how do you figure these are "my high explosives"? Aside from some m80's I used to light off as a kid, I have zero interest in explosives, high or otherwise.

BTW, what is "cyanide"? There are several cyanide compounds that have legitimate uses. They happen to be poisonous as well.
These are high explosives. If you knew how explosives worked, you would understand that the ratio of chemicals would make it nearly impossible for deflagration. Plain and simple, these detonate, which makes them a high explosive regardless of how they are advertised.

Pretty much anything can be illegally made from chemicals at WalMart. Does this mean that we should just skip the foreplay and stock the shelves of WalMart with meth and high explosives? Of course not, that's a terrible argument.

Yes, there are various cyanide compounds but they are all dangerous and for the most part pretty well controlled. Cyanide as well as high explosives both have legitimate uses, but that doesn't mean that anyone with the cash should be able to buy it.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:27   #19
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
I should have just stopped there. No industrial or commercial uses for HE? I'll have to remember that the next time they do a "shot" at the quarries I frequent.
Now you are twisting things around to try to make yourself look right. Please tell me where I said there are no uses for HE? Of course there are industrial uses for them, but there are a wide variety of substances and chemicals that have practical applications but that doesn't mean they should be legal and available to the public.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. All you need to tell me is why HE should be available to anyone.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:33   #20
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
These are high explosives. If you knew how explosives worked, you would understand that the ratio of chemicals would make it nearly impossible for deflagration. Plain and simple, these detonate, which makes them a high explosive regardless of how they are advertised.

Pretty much anything can be illegally made from chemicals at WalMart. Does this mean that we should just skip the foreplay and stock the shelves of WalMart with meth and high explosives? Of course not, that's a terrible argument.

Yes, there are various cyanide compounds but they are all dangerous and for the most part pretty well controlled. Cyanide as well as high explosives both have legitimate uses, but that doesn't mean that anyone with the cash should be able to buy it.
You're right, tannerite is HE. The blackpowder used at the Boston Marathon was LE.

Now you say there are legitimate uses for HE, before you said their weren't.

As for controls, you are excersized about the lack of them, and then refernece the fact that there are controls on them. I'm pretty sure FPS Russia got gigged for violating the controls that you complain don't exist, then rely on as an argument for "banning" them, which they basically are.

What do you suggest we, as a society, do about all of the gasoline and fertilizer that gets sold to people who have the money to buy it?
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:38   #21
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Now you are twisting things around to try to make yourself look right. Please tell me where I said there are no uses for HE? Of course there are industrial uses for them, but there are a wide variety of substances and chemicals that have practical applications but that doesn't mean they should be legal and available to the public.

You are comparing apples to oranges here. All you need to tell me is why HE should be available to anyone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Typical response.

Gasoline has many industrial, commercial, and personal uses.

High explosives don't.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:39   #22
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post

Now you say there are legitimate uses for HE, before you said their weren't.

As for controls, you are excersized about the lack of them, and then refernece the fact that there are controls on them. I'm pretty sure FPS Russia got gigged for violating the controls that you complain don't exist, then rely on as an argument for "banning" them, which they basically are.

What do you suggest we, as a society, do about all of the gasoline and fertilizer that gets sold to people who have the money to buy it?
There are legitimate commercial uses for HE. Blowing up microwaves and making reckless youtube videos is not one of them.

Im not familiar with FPS Russia, but I can assure you they aren't "basically banned". Most gun stores don't even check IDs for these high explosives.

As for the fertilizer argument, there are very few fertilizers which are actually explosive grade, and those are generally well watched. Although its nothing official, I know around here that if you aren't known for your farm work and you don't have a legitimate reason for buying these fertilizers, they wont be sold to you. Not only that, but anyone with a general knowledge of explosives would know that its next to impossible to detonate ANFO without a blasting cap and booster charge. So lets go ahead and drop the fertilizer argument.
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:42   #23
Glock19Fan
Cool Guy
 
Glock19Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Notice my emphasis on MANY and PERSONAL. If HE cured cancer and powered my vehicle then it would have many commercial, industrial, and personal uses. However, it doesn't and therefore it does fall into that category.

Leave HE to the experts. If people are so demanding that classes be taken for handling firearms, what makes anyone think that HE should be sold like bottled water?
__________________
Never mistake Kindness for Weakness
Glock19Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:44   #24
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
There are legitimate commercial uses for HE. Blowing up microwaves and making reckless youtube videos is not one of them.

Im not familiar with FPS Russia, but I can assure you they aren't "basically banned". Most gun stores don't even check IDs for these high explosives.

As for the fertilizer argument, there are very few fertilizers which are actually explosive grade, and those are generally well watched. Although its nothing official, I know around here that if you aren't known for your farm work and you don't have a legitimate reason for buying these fertilizers, they wont be sold to you. Not only that, but anyone with a general knowledge of explosives would know that its next to impossible to detonate ANFO without a blasting cap and booster charge. So lets go ahead and drop the fertilizer argument.
Okay, ban HE.

I'm glad you are so aware of the retail apsects of fertilizer sales in your area, but it is easily bought, and yes, I'm talking about the "bad" stuff.

But let's follow your ban HE aregument, what about the Boston Marthon? Ban pressure cookers? Ban charcoal?
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 18:47   #25
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19Fan View Post
Notice my emphasis on MANY and PERSONAL. If HE cured cancer and powered my vehicle then it would have many commercial, industrial, and personal uses. However, it doesn't and therefore it does fall into that category.

Leave HE to the experts. If people are so demanding that classes be taken for handling firearms, what makes anyone think that HE should be sold like bottled water?
I think you need to organize your thoughts and be coherent. It would lend credibility to your posts.

For instance, "experts". The people in this video appear to me to be just that. I commented on that before this whole sarah brady argument of yours got started.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
explosion, full auto, rkba, tannerite
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:54.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,233
383 Members
850 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42