GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 22:04   #76
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Again, absurd. You dont even know why.
Plot twist: DanaT is an air marshal and he doesn't know.
Harper is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:07   #77
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


The Arrogance of Ignorance given a large stage by the Internet.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:25   #78
Glocksanity
Senior Member
 
Glocksanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, Man, Los Angeles
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The Arrogance of Ignorance given a large stage by the Internet.
And nowhere is that more apparent than by those who regurgitate institutional ignorance because their paychecks depend on it.
__________________
G21~G26~G30~G34

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Glocksanity is online now  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:27   #79
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,866


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
And nowhere is that more apparent than by those who regurgitate institutional ignorance because their paychecks depend on it.
So says the guy who implores everyone to buy gold...like he does.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:33   #80
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
I hate to have to agree with him, but hes right.


Cops, should not be special, not receive special treatment because of a bad rule of their job.

Instead we should amend it to be off duty, equals off duty.


Cops have become a segregated "special class" and that really needs to be addressed.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:38   #81
BlackPaladin
Senior Member
 
BlackPaladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post

Cops have become a segregated "special class" and that really needs to be addressed.
Seems that they do this job of keeping harm away from others.

It does not matter what anyone thinks on GT. Federal law has provided unlimited carry anywhere, for good reason. It's not going away and the NFL will not get their way on it.
__________________
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:40   #82
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPaladin View Post
Seems that they do this job of keeping harm away from others.

It does not matter what anyone thinks on GT. Federal law has provided unlimited carry anywhere, for good reason. It's not going away and the NFL will not get their way on it.

Doesn't make it a good law either.

As I said, needs to be addressed.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:47   #83
BlackPaladin
Senior Member
 
BlackPaladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Doesn't make it a good law either.

As I said, needs to be addressed.
It will be addressed as soon as police officers don't get to be police officers. Beyond that I can promise that HR218 is nowhere close to being on the table to be choked on. If anything, it is very likely to be expanded upon, unless someone royally screws it up.
__________________
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:48   #84
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


Cops are different, period.

Some don't like it, some have issues with it, but usually they both don't know/understand it.

Simply put, you don't know what you don't know.
BTDT many times. Some just won't take the answer.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:51   #85
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPaladin View Post
It will be addressed as soon as police officers don't get to be police officers. Beyond that I can promise that HR218 is nowhere close to being on the table to be choked on. If anything, it is very likely to be expanded upon, unless someone royally screws it up.
And the ACA is likely as well. But that doesn't mean it's not wrong.


His point was entirely correct. We have incorrectly made cops a special class, and that's wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:53   #86
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Cops are different, period.

Some don't like it, some have issues with it, but usually they both don't know/understand it.

Simply put, you don't know what you don't know.
BTDT many times. Some just won't take the answer.
They are, but incorrectly and unjustly so.


Any job you can just up and walk away from, isn't special.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:56   #87
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
They are, but incorrectly and unjustly so.


Any job you can just up and walk away from, isn't special.
AK,

You move next door to me. We are both off duty and home.
Is there ANY difference between us that you know of?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:56   #88
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,866


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post

Any job you can just up and walk away from, isn't special.
Here is where you are wrong.

1. At the actual moment, you cant walk away. You will be liable.

2. The job doesnt care if you are on or off duty. You are in the business of personally making enemies with the worst of people.

Also, using your logic, a judge cant sign a warrant unless it is business hours at a court or a doctor couldnt heal unless he is at work.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 22:58   #89
BlackPaladin
Senior Member
 
BlackPaladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 2,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
And the ACA is likely as well. But that doesn't mean it's not wrong.


His point was entirely correct. We have incorrectly made cops a special class, and that's wrong.
That is only an opinion, I don't believe it is an accurate picture of law enforcement.

As I said above, what I am hearing is that the law allowing LE carry will grow. You may not like it, it's the way it goes. Go ahead and apply for a LE job if you wish, I am sure Alaska is always hiring.
__________________
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD

Last edited by BlackPaladin; 10-28-2013 at 23:02..
BlackPaladin is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:03   #90
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
AK,

You move next door to me. We are both off duty and home.
Is there ANY difference between us that you know of?

The difference is that I can't quit.


Cops can decide they don't like the rules and hand in the badge.


Giving cops special rights because of a bad rule in a volunteer job, is creating a special class. That's wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:05   #91
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
The difference is that I can't quit.


Cops can decide they don't like the rules and hand in the badge.


Giving cops special rights because of a bad rule in a volunteer job, is creating a special class. That's wrong.
You volunteered for the job.
You can quit the job.

Don't project on others because your job/choice is different than theirs. Go to that job that you seemingly envy so much if it seemingly means so much.

Everyone has choices.
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:09   #92
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPaladin View Post
That is only an opinion, I don't believe it is an accurate picture of law enforcement.

As I said above, what I am hearing is that the law allowing LE carry will grow. You may not like it, it's the way it goes. Go ahead and apply for a LE job if you wish, I am sure Alaska is always hiring.

I'm sure it will grow, but that doesn't make it right. TSA is getting bigger too. Just because something grows, doesn't make it just.

Sure, I could become a cop, but just because I gain some special privileges doesn't make it just all of a sudden.


Don't misunderstand, I love cops. You guys do a important job here on the home front.

This isn't me bashing on cops, this is me disagreeing with the rules requiring you to act when off duty, and the law saying you can carry anywhere off duty. Because as I said, rewarding special rights to a volunteer job, over others, is not right.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:12   #93
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


Isn't your job volunteer?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:13   #94
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,866


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
.
Giving cops special rights because of a bad rule in a volunteer job, is creating a special class. That's wrong.
Again, people who bring this up refuse to address the issue that many occupations grant people very specific *rights* that are flat out illegal for others.

If you start to cut on someone and they die...you are going to jail for a long time. Surgeons have it happen sometimes.

It that wrong?

What about people with clearances who are not in the military?

It that wrong?

The engineer that can sign off on plans for a building? What about Airline Transport Pilots? Is it "wrong" they can do something you cant?
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:14   #95
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
You volunteered for the job.
You can quit the job.

Don't project on others because your job/choice is different than theirs. Go to that job that you seemingly envy so much if it seemingly means so much.

Everyone has choices.
No, I can't quit, not till my hitch is over. That's the thing.

And you don't understand. This isn't envy. I like cops. But being a cop, has nothing over being a warrior.

I'm not saying I should have special rights, I'm saying no volunteer job should. The difference, is evidently something you missed.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:15   #96
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
No, I can't quit, not till my hitch is over. That's the thing.

And you don't understand. This isn't envy. I like cops. But being a cop, has nothing over being a warrior.

I'm not saying I should have special rights, I'm saying no volunteer job should. The difference, is evidently something you missed.
Did you or did you not volunteer for your job?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:16   #97
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,866


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I'm not saying I should have special rights, I'm saying no volunteer job should. The difference, is evidently something you missed.
So you have never dated a women who went to a gynecologist?
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:19   #98
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Again, people who bring this up refuse to address the issue that many occupations grant people very specific *rights* that are flat out illegal for others.

If you start to cut on someone and they die...you are going to jail for a long time. Surgeons have it happen sometimes.

It that wrong?

What about people with clearances who are not in the military?

It that wrong?

The engineer that can sign off on plans for a building? What about Airline Transport Pilots? Is it "wrong" they can do something you cant?

None of those are rights.

But limiting everyone's 2nd amendment rights and then saying oh no, this group, they're special, is wrong.

If it was blacks, it'd be racist, but because its job based, it's suddenly it's ok.

The real proof in the pudding is exempting retired LEOs. You'd have a much better argument if it was simply current LEOs.
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:20   #99
AK_Stick
AAAMAD
 
AK_Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Alaska, again (for now)
Posts: 20,154
Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Did you or did you not volunteer for your job?


I did.


Can you tell your boss I quit and walk away without going to jail?
__________________
Quote:
Thomas Paine:

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 23:23   #100
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,576
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
I did.


Can you tell your boss I quit and walk away without going to jail?
Ah, but you can still quit. The fact there may be consequences doesn't change the fact you can quit. Heck, Cassius Clay even refused to be drafted.

Now, since you oppose anything "special" for a "volunteer job", do you want to end Veteran Preference Points, along with other goodies that come with the job you volunteered for? If not, how do you reconcile your divergent views?
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,151
346 Members
805 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42