SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 14:49   #51
9jeeps
Fogey

These Stadium owners are getting by with Bull Puckey!!!

They want those Uniforms there to represent authority. For a lawman the side gun or weaponry is a part of that uniform.

The FOP should climb out of their hiding places and tell these owners. "NO WEAPONS;;;; NO UNIFORMS!!!!"

Then let em go get the, "Rent a cops" for their security! Nothing against the, "Rent a cops" because a lot of them are not allowed to open carry!
Old 10-28-2013, 14:51   #52
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
A physical object that gives a woman a fighting chance against a man twice her size. Women are protected classes aren't they? Discrimination.
The NFL is most certainly not banning women from their stadiums. Nor men, nor homosexuals, blacks, the handicapped, hispanics, etc. There is no discrimination here, period. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Old 10-28-2013, 14:59   #53
cyphertext

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
If ordinary Joe's can't pack heat at games, no need to allow off duty cops to pack heat.

They are not some special class of citizen. If they are on duty, fine, it is their job to have a gun. But off duty, suffer like the rest of us when it comes to defending yourself.

The more laws that make a special class of citizen different from the regular citizens, the worse off this country is.
Did you read the article? Texas law enforcement officers are required to react, duty status is irrelevant. An officer can not merely sit back and watch a felony be committed in his / her presence. They are obligated to attempt arrest.
Old 10-28-2013, 15:12   #54
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You are either a brain surgeon or you are not. It is a binary issue. By law, you cant do brain surgery.

Cops are not the only occupation with statutory exemptions. From barbers to brain surgeons. Being at "work" doesnt change said exemption either. You just dont like this one because you want to do it yourself.
So, I don't like bad laws and bad exemptions. Wow, imagine that?

I find it un-American to create a special class of citizen that is more equal than another. You apparently don't.

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis!
Old 10-28-2013, 15:14   #55
Glocksanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Did you read the article? Texas law enforcement officers are required to react, duty status is irrelevant. An officer can not merely sit back and watch a felony be committed in his / her presence. They are obligated to attempt arrest.
They will just have to do it without their guns in football stadiums. What's the problem?

Old 10-28-2013, 15:27   #56
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
What are the circumstances of the stop?
73mph on I5.

Quote:
What information is gathered post stop?
Well, obviously an out of state driver license and that it is a rental car.

Quote:
What does the rental agreement state?
Whatever a standard rental agreement in CA would say. But how would you know that without having it?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
Old 10-28-2013, 15:55   #57
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
73mph on I5.

Well, obviously an out of state driver license and that it is a rental car.

Whatever a standard rental agreement in CA would say. But how would you know that without having it?
73 on I5?

Speed limit is 70 there. I wouldn't even notice. Even in town 65 is the limit on I5. That would pretty much be the flow of traffic. You might actually be the slowpoke.

Even if I were to bother with that stop. Unless there was something other than 22350VC I can't think of a reason to search. If you or your passengers were on probation or parole the car would be up for a search. Evidence of drug or alcohol use would be good too.

Now if rental car company wanted the car back because you hadn't paid for the current time then it isn't under your control anymore. Realistically you would probably be good for 10851VC, a felony, which would mean a search incident to arrest and vehicle inventory if it was getting towed. If the rental company was going to send someone to pick it up then they can inventory it since it is there car and you committed 10851VC.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 10-28-2013, 16:06   #58
nmk

How many on-duty LEOs are in a stadium any given sunday?
Old 10-28-2013, 16:10   #59
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
My view is off duty = normal citizen like the rest of us, and bound by the same rules that we have to follow.

Cops aren't exempt from being crazy sports fans and being obnoxious at games, like the rest of us.

If you are on duty or in uniform, that is a whole different story.
I would disagree. While I have ticked a few folks off over yrs. The majority were when I was working in security, or with (wards of the state) They also were the serious ones.
Thats @4 levels BELOW Law Enforcement... Many Officers have not only arrested, appeared in court, rearrested the same person. (so bad guy KNOWS the Officers face, has seen it not only on street but in court)
I also do agree that if getting drunk the guns need to be locked up. As I understand it I am legal up to .04bac while carrying. I would think .06bac would be fair level (as really at .04 most are hardly on 2nd drink.)
Just have job related punishment for doing stupid stuff. (like dropping your gun onto field when trying to catch home run) :0 :0
Old 10-28-2013, 16:14   #60
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
73 on I5?

Speed limit is 70 there. I wouldn't even notice. Even in town 65 is the limit on I5. That would pretty much be the flow of traffic. You might actually be the slowpoke.
I have always seen 55mph in LA. I havent seen it above 65 until north of I405 intersection...

But you are right..73 in the 55 is impeding traffic.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-28-2013, 16:14   #61
cyphertext

Quote:
They will just have to do it without their guns in football stadiums. What's the problem?
No, not in my state they don't. You put a lot of faith in the guy running the metal detector to insure nothing gets in the stadium...

Does it upset you that federal air marshals can carry firearms on a plane and you can't?

It isn't creating another class citizen. It is allowing them to carry out the duties that they have sworn to do.
Old 10-28-2013, 16:19   #62
glockski

Quote:
With this statement plenty
Old 10-28-2013, 16:23   #63
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
So, I don't like bad laws and bad exemptions. Wow, imagine that?

I find it un-American to create a special class of citizen that is more equal than another. You apparently don't.
According to your logic, we should not regulate surgeons or bomb techs.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 10-28-2013, 16:42   #64
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
I would imagine being a bomb tech is self-regulating. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
Old 10-28-2013, 17:25   #65
Harper

Quote:
You put a lot of faith in the guy running the metal detector to insure nothing gets in the stadium...
Those little wands have missed a lot of guns and knives.
Old 10-28-2013, 17:30   #66
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

seems like common sense to me, if you ban people from carrying guns why would any particular job be exempt? Do landscapers get to ride in on lawn mowers?
Old 10-28-2013, 17:34   #67
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
seems like common sense to me, if you ban people from carrying guns why would any particular job be exempt? Do landscapers get to ride in on lawn mowers?
If said landscapers were required to do so or had a legal duty to act if they saw grass that was in need of cutting.

Again, I get why people are "against" this...but your arguments are horrible and when you make a horrible argument, you are probably going to get horrible results.

Many occupations have legal privileges...and duties. Some of yall care about this one because you want what is on the table.

Get a better argument....or just look like a petty whiner.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 10-28-2013, 17:36   #68
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durden View Post
Agreed.

I think this is a really bad policy on the part of the NFL.
Same here, if things get ugly I'd be glad to have an off duty LEO there (armed) that could help out. If he's qualified on duty I'm sure he is off too.
Old 10-28-2013, 17:50   #69
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
How many on-duty LEOs are in a stadium any given sunday?
That would vary stadium to stadium. I'll be able to tell you in a year or so when the niners move to Santa Clara.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 10-28-2013, 18:02   #70
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Does it upset you that federal air marshals can carry firearms on a plane and you can't?

It isn't creating another class citizen. It is allowing them to carry out the duties that they have sworn to do.
1) They are ON DUTY.

2) No because they dont get to sleep on the flight and get no free booze.

When I am sitting next to him, and I get some wine and he doesn't i dont feel bad for him.

BTW, airmarshals stick out like a sore thumb...if you have flown any, you can spot them, I dont know why they think they are sneaky and not noticed. But here is something entertaining to do. After they have put their bag in the overhead bin, open up the bin and start moving the bag around trying to make room for your bag in an empty bin with only one bag in it...
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-28-2013, 18:07   #71
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT;20721909.

BTW, airmarshals stick out like a sore thumb...if you have flown any, you can spot them, I dont know why they think they are sneaky and not noticed.

This is absurd....no, it is fornicating stupid.

You dont have the slightest idea how many you have missed....and you dont even have a clue if your observations a correct.

Last edited by Rabbi; 10-28-2013 at 18:07..
Old 10-28-2013, 19:07   #72
Glocksanity

Quote:
King of the strawman! Ha ha ha.

Old 10-28-2013, 19:27   #73
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
This is absurd....no, it is fornicating stupid.

You dont have the slightest idea how many you have missed....and you dont even have a clue if your observations a correct.
I am called stupid by you.

You dont have the slightest clue. They sit in very specific areas. They behave much different than other passengers (how many normal passengers watch the movies without headphones? How many stay awake the entire flight watching others?). No other bags will be in the bin and if you try and put something there, the flight attendants will ask you to move it. They dress different (the oversized shirt not tucked in is not "normal") They wont take off their shoes and put on the socks the airline gives out. They dont drink alcohol.

Also, a dead giveaway (just like the pilots carrying a weapon) is watch them walk in the sign-in area that they have a firearm.
2x4=8, not 14.
Old 10-28-2013, 21:01   #74
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

Quote:
"Meanwhile, the NFL maintains that there is already enough security at stadiums on game days without the need for an armed off-duty police presence."
****in' dumbasses.

It's not about providing for additional security at the games. It's about self-defense on the trip between home and the stadium. Additional security at teh game would be nothing more than icing on the cake.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
Old 10-28-2013, 21:33   #75
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I am called stupid by you.

You dont have the slightest clue. They sit in very specific areas. They behave much different than other passengers (how many normal passengers watch the movies without headphones? How many stay awake the entire flight watching others?). No other bags will be in the bin and if you try and put something there, the flight attendants will ask you to move it. They dress different (the oversized shirt not tucked in is not "normal") They wont take off their shoes and put on the socks the airline gives out. They dont drink alcohol.

Also, a dead giveaway (just like the pilots carrying a weapon) is watch them walk in the sign-in area that they have a firearm.
Again, absurd. You dont even know why.

Closed Thread