GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 19:17   #226
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,852
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rppnj View Post
The ranks of the NFL are so filled with thugs, management should be worried more about the players being armed, not the Police. Police spend their hard-earned money to buy outrageously overpriced tickets so that they can take their kids to a game (maybe once a year if they can afford it) so management can pay their NFL prima-donnas millions of dollars. These same 'chemically enhanced' thugs would be sweeping up at Micky D's if not for the steroids that turn them into 'Incredible Hulks' with uniforms.
I guess there is a reason I dont buy football tickets.

From a "social justice" standpoint and contribution to society, I agree that professional athletes are overpaid.

But. I like money and business. From a business point of view they are worth every penny they are paid. I will gladly pay someone $10M a year to make me $20 or $50 or $100M.

If society really wants to lower the pay of professional athletes society has the power: quit spending the sums of money they do on professional sports.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 20:27   #227
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
You should probably brush up on what tax law says is the primary place of business...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/280A

280A(c)

(A), the term “principal place of business” includes a place of business which is used by the taxpayer for the administrative or management activities of any trade or business of the taxpayer if there is no other fixed location of such trade or business where the taxpayer conducts substantial administrative or management activities of such trade or business.

I.e. for an LEO that would be the police station/city hall/sheriff's office/etc.

The shoulder of an interstate is not considered a "principal place of business" under tax law. You may conduct business there (just a ditch digger conducts business there) but that is not the "principal place of business" for him either. He may hardly ever set foot in the principal place of business, but principal place of business is defined.
You are actually trying to prove a point against something that is a settled issue. You are the blithering idiot on a street corner saying the Sox didnt win the World Series. When challenged, you just get louder with how wrong you are.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 20:35   #228
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,852
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You are actually trying to prove a point against something that is a settled issue. You are the blithering idiot on a street corner saying the Sox didnt win the World Series. When challenged, you just get louder with how wrong you are.
At least this "blithering idiot" can read what the USC defines as principal place of business.

I challenge you to back up your claim that per US tax law an LEO's principal place of business is somewhere other than what I have shown that it is defined in 26 USC § 280A.

PS. One of the surest ways to know when someone has exhausted logical argument claims is when they invoke the fallacy of an ad hominem argument.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Last edited by DanaT; 10-31-2013 at 20:37..
DanaT is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 20:46   #229
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
PS. One of the surest ways to know when someone has exhausted logical argument claims is when they invoke the fallacy of an ad hominem argument.
Bull crap, at some point, you remind the child he is a child and wrong. Then you teach the child right...but you are a blithering idiot.

Good luck with that.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:00   #230
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,084
this thread rocks .

The Okie Corral
__________________
— 'Most people have a regulator between their mind and mouth that modulates their brutish sentiments and spikiest impulses.
*ASH* is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:30   #231
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Still waiting on the answers from the question a few pages back.


Man up.
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:35   #232
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,084
The Okie Corral
__________________
— 'Most people have a regulator between their mind and mouth that modulates their brutish sentiments and spikiest impulses.
*ASH* is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:41   #233
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


BTW

http://www.thompson.com/public/newsbrief.jsp?id=2845

Both business and personal use of vehicles that meet the criteria of Section 274(i) and 1.274-5T(k) of the regulations qualify as a working condition fringe benefit that is excluded from the recipient's income under Section 132(d) because it is presumed that most of the employee's use of such a vehicle, for example a marked police car or ambulance — is nonpersonal.

DanaT is wrong. There is nothing he can do to change this. I assume he will just get louder about how wrong he is though.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:44   #234
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
You both were, very simply put, called out on allegations you've made.


Put up or shut up.
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:49   #235
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,852
Blog Entries: 1
Since this thread has turned into simple ad hominem attacks, it is time for me to end my participation in this thread before it goes downhill any further.

Each of you can, and will, take my bowing out of the thread for what you think it is. I will let others have the last word if they choose.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:53   #236
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
You both were, very simply put, called out on allegations you've made.


Put up or shut up.
I dont really care what DanaT thinks. He couldnt even cheat on a test if he had the right answers in front of him. He would make something up and insist he was right.

Ash, well Ash would side with anyone who he thinks is against me...no matter how bad that makes him look. I understand that even less. I dont have any problem understanding why someone might hate me...but I find great joy in the folly of looking foolish to make sure I know it.

I do however again, flat out, in the clearest language, call them out for "who they dont think is a cop?"

They go to extraordinary lengths to look like they know what they are talking about. Here is a chance to prove it.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:54   #237
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Since this thread has turned into simple ad hominem attacks, it is time for me to end my participation in this thread before it goes downhill any further.

Each of you can, and will, take my bowing out of the thread for what you think it is. I will let others have the last word if they choose.
This is not an attack. This is factual proof you are wrong.


http://www.thompson.com/public/newsbrief.jsp?id=2845

Both business and personal use of vehicles that meet the criteria of Section 274(i) and 1.274-5T(k) of the regulations qualify as a working condition fringe benefit that is excluded from the recipient's income under Section 132(d) because it is presumed that most of the employee's use of such a vehicle, for example a marked police car or ambulance — is nonpersonal.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 21:58   #238
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
All I want to know is who they are "calling out"?

It's even worse when someone portrays themselves to be and they aren't, ala tantrix.
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 22:06   #239
racerford
Senior Member
 
racerford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DFW area
Posts: 4,903


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
BTW

http://www.thompson.com/public/newsbrief.jsp?id=2845

Both business and personal use of vehicles that meet the criteria of Section 274(i) and 1.274-5T(k) of the regulations qualify as a working condition fringe benefit that is excluded from the recipient's income under Section 132(d) because it is presumed that most of the employee's use of such a vehicle, for example a marked police car or ambulance — is nonpersonal.

DanaT is wrong. There is nothing he can do to change this. I assume he will just get louder about how wrong he is though.
I am very confused, why would the IRS have to issue any rulings if IRS regulations are "quite clear"?



Still OK with "off-duty" LEO carrying at NFL games. So if a player is an Officer in the state of Texas, could he carry at the game?
racerford is offline  
Old 10-31-2013, 22:32   #240
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
I am very confused, why would the IRS have to issue any rulings if IRS regulations are "quite clear"?



Still OK with "off-duty" LEO carrying at NFL games. So if a player is an Officer in the state of Texas, could he carry at the game?
The IRS issue has actually been well settled for some time. The ruling clarified some minutiae.

As for the Football question, yes, as the law reads, there would be no legal penalty for a player packing heat if he was a sworn Texas LEO. A legal reading would also mean he could not be kept from the playing field on the grounds he was armed.

...what the law wouldnt protect is him participating in game play. The NFL could keep him from doing that.

Basically, the Texas law says "a cop can carry 24/7" and "you cant use the fact he is armed as the reason you are keeping him out of a physical address" It doesnt provide for participation in anything and it doesnt prevent people from removing a person from property for other reasons.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 10-31-2013 at 22:34..
Rabbi is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:58.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 890
263 Members
627 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42