GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:50   #61
SpringerTGO

I've been pretty vocal about the way Springfield handled this. And I got a lot of bs for calling them on it. So here goes.
I don't think the trigger is quite the same as before the "fix". That said, considering these are CCW weapons, the triggers are still better than most. Most of those complaining would be thrilled with the XDS as-is had they never handled the XDS before the fix. And if the slight difference in trigger pull makes any difference in your ability to hit a target at ranges this gun was designed for, buy another box of ammo and practice.
I also hope anyone seriously thinking of an XDS as an "investment" has a wife with a good handle on finance.
SpringerTGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 16:54   #62
Bob Hafler

Got mine back Monday. The trigger is a little stiffer but I'm sure with a little use it will lighten up a bit. My gun came back in the same pristine condition I sent it off in. The recall took a little longer than I would have liked but all things being considered I think S/A and Fed Ex did one hell of a job.
My XDS9 isn't going anywhere except on my hip. I simply love that pistol as an EDC piece.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:20   #63
TFLWYO

I got one back yesterday. I compared it against the unmodified one that I have not sent back yet. I don’t have a trigger pull gauge, but the trigger pull is noticeably heavier on the upgraded gun, but it has a lot less creep than the unmodified version of the same gun. In fact, the trigger pull on the unmodified versions has always been annoying because it is extremely creepy. I can stage the trigger on the modified gun by taking up the slack, getting a slight amount of creep, and then getting a “wall” or what a revolver shooter would call a break. I can pretty much tell when the modified gun will go off, which I could not predict with the unmodified guns. Although the modified gun has a much heavier trigger pull than my stock Glock 30, it has a crisp feel more similar to my Glock than the unmodified gun. On balance, I prefer the new trigger, although either version would not have impacted my initial decision to buy two of the guns.

Also, the grip safety appears to protrude a little more on the upgraded gun, and it requires slightly more pressure on the grip safety to depress it. It makes no difference to me.
TFLWYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:49   #64
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Anyone notice how much the slide moves to the right and forward when dry firing and trigger reset when looking at the back of the slide? Before I sold mine I noticed it right away and knew it didn't shift that much before I sent it in.

No other striker fired gun I own has the slide shifting that much and I wonder why it's like that since I didn't dig into it any further. Too bad they didn't replace everyone's recoil spring assembly while they where there since it gets beats to hell pretty fast.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 00:15   #65
Caver 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLWYO View Post
I got one back yesterday. I compared it against the unmodified one that I have not sent back yet. I don’t have a trigger pull gauge, but the trigger pull is noticeably heavier on the upgraded gun, but it has a lot less creep than the unmodified version of the same gun. In fact, the trigger pull on the unmodified versions has always been annoying because it is extremely creepy. I can stage the trigger on the modified gun by taking up the slack, getting a slight amount of creep, and then getting a “wall” or what a revolver shooter would call a break. I can pretty much tell when the modified gun will go off, which I could not predict with the unmodified guns. Although the modified gun has a much heavier trigger pull than my stock Glock 30, it has a crisp feel more similar to my Glock than the unmodified gun. On balance, I prefer the new trigger, although either version would not have impacted my initial decision to buy two of the guns.

Also, the grip safety appears to protrude a little more on the upgraded gun, and it requires slightly more pressure on the grip safety to depress it. It makes no difference to me.
Thanks for that report. I haven't had a chance to fire mine more than the quick 36 rounds I put through it immediately upon arrival. I've been real busy this week and it looks like it'll be next week before I get another chance to shoot.

But I've been dry firing it some in the evenings since I cleaned and lubricated it after firing those 36 rounds. The trigger wasn't bad and seems to be smoothing even more with the dry firing. And I agree with you, I can 'stage it' and get a good straight back pull with the sights staying where they should when the striker goes forward. I think it will shoot well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
Anyone notice how much the slide moves to the right and forward when dry firing and trigger reset when looking at the back of the slide? Before I sold mine I noticed it right away and knew it didn't shift that much before I sent it in.

No other striker fired gun I own has the slide shifting that much and I wonder why it's like that since I didn't dig into it any further. Too bad they didn't replace everyone's recoil spring assembly while they where there since it gets beats to hell pretty fast.
Unless my eyes are getting worse than ever, I don't notice any slide movement to speak of. When dry firing, the trigger doesn't reset until I manually retract the slide
Caver 60 is online now   Reply With Quote