GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:31   #41
oldsoldier

My .45 is due back today. The status changed to shipped early in the morning on 29 Oct and I received the shipping email with invoice and tracking information around noon the same day. My 9mm was changed to shipped early this morning so I'm waiting on the email. Hopefully it will be here on Sat so I don't have to use up another day of vacation waiting on it. I'm looking forward to taking them to the range on Sun and trying them out. Edited: The invoice includes a free extended magazine. Edited again: I don't want to confuse you. When I said it changed to shipped it actually said "Your gun has been sent back to you". Hope this helps.

Last edited by oldsoldier; 10-31-2013 at 09:05..
oldsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:07   #42
Commencefire

9/3'er Got it yesterday morning 10/30. Cleaned and lubed it, ready for the firing range. Trigger pull is heavier, it should be fine.
Commencefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 18:03   #43
Caver 60

Mine arrived this afternoon, just as a rainstorm was moving in. I dry fired it a few times. It seemed a little dry to me, but I didn't take time to field strip it or lube it. I just shot it as it came out of the shipping box.

I grabbed a partial box of 230 gr FMJ ammo and quickly went to my private range and shot 36 rounds before the rainstorm hit. No malfunctions.

I'll clean it later tonight and lubricate it like I prefer with Lucas. It may be a day or two before I get to shoot it again. Been pretty busy lately.

The trigger wasn't bad, but the jury is still out as far as I am concerned. I want to shoot it more before I comment on the trigger pull. I was very happy with no malfunctions so far.
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 18:33   #44
DaBurna

My XD-s 9 just went into "fixed" status today.... No update on expected ship date.... Hopefully it returns as good as my 45.

Last edited by DaBurna; 10-31-2013 at 18:34..
DaBurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:29   #45
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Mine is due in on Monday, though if it arrives at the local distribution center at a reasonable time today, I may try and maneuver to go pick it up.

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:01   #46
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Mine is due in on Monday, though if it arrives at the local distribution center at a reasonable time today, I may try and maneuver to go pick it up.
They're not going to let you do that unless you have a deal going with them. I tried that with mine and they said the shipper (SA) had specific instructions that it had to be delivered at least once before it could possibly be picked up at the hub and even then you had to contact FedEx to do so.

My local FedEx hub is less than a minute away and it was frustrating seeing it there, yet I had to wait until it was attempted to be delivered.

ETA: Those with a "fixed" or "shipped back to you" status will not see a date on the website. Once it goes to "shipped back to you" you should get a FedEx tracking number in your e-mail within 24hours give or take. Just make sure to check your spam folders just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 11-01-2013 at 08:04..
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 18:01   #47
DaBurna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
They're not going to let you do that unless you have a deal going with them. I tried that with mine and they said the shipper (SA) had specific instructions that it had to be delivered at least once before it could possibly be picked up at the hub and even then you had to contact FedEx to do so.
Not true.... You can't edit the delivery options from the web.... I walked into my local FedEx on my lunch break and told them I'd not likely not be there by 5:00pm.... So I asked the clerk to have it brought back to the hub.... I picked it up around 6:30pm after work. I provided her the tracking # and she sent word to the delivery driver to bring it back at the completion of his route. They didn't close until 7:30pm for pickup/drop off.
Old 11-04-2013, 21:15   #48
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Received

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

S&W Club - 22227
Old 11-05-2013, 05:00   #49
oldsoldier

I have my XD-S 9 and .45 back now. Both run fine with no problems at all. I thought that the 9mm trigger was better than the .45 when I sent them in. Now both feel identical to me. The trigger pull feels a little heavier and the reset seems a little longer too but no big deal. I'm glad I didn't wait to send them in and got it over with.

Last edited by oldsoldier; 11-05-2013 at 05:00..
Old 11-05-2013, 07:15   #50
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
I have my XD-S 9 and .45 back now. Both run fine with no problems at all. I thought that the 9mm trigger was better than the .45 when I sent them in. Now both feel identical to me. The trigger pull feels a little heavier and the reset seems a little longer too but no big deal. I'm glad I didn't wait to send them in and got it over with.
I'm not happy with the new trigger based on dry-fire, but I'll have to get it to the range.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 11-05-2013, 07:39   #51
DaBurna

My XD-s 9mm went into "fixed status" but I've not received a shipping email confirmation as of yet....
Old 11-05-2013, 09:17   #52
Bob Hafler

Mine came home yesterday. I hope to get it to the range tomorrow.
Bob Hafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:19   #53
glowrod
Fightin' Fire

Went at picked mine up at FedEx last night. Trigger has a little longer pull but it feels very crisp. I'll throw a couple hundred rounds through it this afternoon when I get home.
Old 11-05-2013, 14:28   #54
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurna View Post
My XD-s 9mm went into "fixed status" but I've not received a shipping email confirmation as of yet....
It took about 36 hours to receive the shipping label via e-mail for me once I observed the change to "fixed." Also, check your spam folder just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowrod View Post
Went at picked mine up at FedEx last night. Trigger has a little longer pull but it feels very crisp. I'll throw a couple hundred rounds through it this afternoon when I get home.
I picked mine up last night as well. I'm not thrilled with the trigger. It's a long pull. Not particularly smooth, and the release isn't particularly crisp on mine. I e-mailed my contact at Springfield to see what my options are.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 11-05-2013, 14:54   #55
DaBurna

Quote:
It took about 36 hours to receive the shipping label via e-mail for me once I observed the change to "fixed." Also, check your spam folder just in case.

I picked mine up last night as well. I'm not thrilled with the trigger. It's a long pull. Not particularly smooth, and the release isn't particularly crisp on mine. I e-mailed my contact at Springfield to see what my options are.
Yeah.... I got it this morning after emailing Springfield... I stopped by FedEx to get them to hold it for me in the morning. I'll pick it up on my way to work. The verdict is still out on these pistols it seems. Mine have always been reliable, but if the triggers don't feel positive. I might consider selling my 2. People in the market for one will be getting killer deals on the used market as people flood the market with ones they no longer want. Granted this pistol was never intended to be a match-grade target pistol.... Heavy triggers (even of they break crisply) are not really my cup o' tea.
Old 11-05-2013, 15:02   #56
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurna View Post
Yeah.... I got it this morning after emailing Springfield... I stopped by FedEx to get them to hold it for me in the morning. I'll pick it up on my way to work. The verdict is still out on these pistols it seems. Mine have always been reliable, but if the triggers don't feel positive. I might consider selling my 2. People in the market for one will be getting killer deals on the used market as people flood the market with ones they no longer want. Granted this pistol was never intended to be a match-grade target pistol.... Heavy triggers (even of they break crisply) are not really my cup o' tea.
I'm not selling jack ****. If this pistol shoots like crap, I'll be going after Springfield to get my investment back. This is NOT the pistol I bought. If the trigger ends up feeling fine at the range, then so be it. Based on a dry-fire, though, it feels like a petrified sponge. But obviously the range is the big test.

S&W Club - 22227
Old 11-05-2013, 15:19   #57
DaBurna

Quote:
I'm not selling jack ****. If this pistol shoots like crap, I'll be going after Springfield to get my investment back. This is NOT the pistol I bought. If the trigger ends up feeling fine at the range, then so be it. Based on a dry-fire, though, it feels like a petrified sponge. But obviously the range is the big test.
Lmao @ "Wet Sponge" I can attest the accuracy is there via my Xds-45..... It was just as easy to keep on target as before, but the trigger was NOT the trigger it once was. Now granted, my xds-9mm came shipped with an improved feel to the trigger pull when I bought it. We shall see.....
Old 11-05-2013, 16:39   #58
glowrod
Fightin' Fire

Just put a 100 rounds through it. Still amazed at how good the ejection is, hard 330 at about 10 feet. Wish my Glocks did that. Definitely a longer trigger pull. (not PM9 long but longer than before) caused shooting a little low left, took me some time to adjust. Mine has a nice crisp break but Not sure what to think yet. It is still fun to shoot.

Sometimes I forget to tightly close my safe that is in my truck. I hope that Saturday night at 11pm when I park at the local Walmart I remember to at least lock my doors in case I leave my windows down.

Last edited by glowrod; 11-05-2013 at 17:07..
glowrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 16:48   #59
oldsoldier

Quote:
I'm not happy with the new trigger based on dry-fire, but I'll have to get it to the range.
The triggers on mine feel better after putting 200 rds through both of them. Still heavier with a longer reset though. The good news is no failures of any type with either gun. I'm curious what you decide after firing yours. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited by oldsoldier; 11-05-2013 at 16:48..
Old 11-06-2013, 11:31   #60
DaBurna

Got the XD-s 9 back today.... Trigger is about the same as my 45... I hope to run at least 100 rounds down the pipe this weekend. Sprinfield suuuuuuure is shipping these guns back dry & dirty!!!