GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 18:58   #1
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,579
Blog Entries: 1


AR-15 in the news

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...er-4909384.php

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...228618921.html
---------------------------------

The same San Antonio where the OC activists had their OC gathering.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

Last edited by TBO; 10-21-2013 at 19:17..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 19:28   #2
Gonetodarkside
owl protector
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,581
So you are against OC, we get it..

Are you against concealed carry?

or are you just against anyone other than a cop carrying?
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 19:35   #3
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,031
Not what I got out of it. But I think alot of people are against felons shooting at the police.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 19:40   #4
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,579
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
So you are against OC, we get it..

Are you against concealed carry?

or are you just against anyone other than a cop carrying?
1. No, not where & when appropriate

2. No

3. No

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 19:48   #5
Gonetodarkside
owl protector
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
1. No, not where & when appropriate

2. No

3. No

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4


When is it appropriate to OC?
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:00   #6
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,579
Blog Entries: 1


Possess, then exercise common sense, just like any other action.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:03   #7
Gonetodarkside
owl protector
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Possess, then exercise common sense, just like any other action.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4


so based on your litmus test, even though it is legal, one should not exercise all rights in all situations? Sometimes it is best to advocate these rights?
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:04   #8
Pwhfirefighter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Not what I got out of it. But I think alot of people are against felons shooting at the police.
Agreed.

What I got out of it, a couple dirt bags shot at an LEO, fortunately LEO survived and will probably recover, and above mentioned dirt bags arrested.
Pwhfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:24   #9
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Other than a coincidence of cities, wtf does this have to do with OC? Scumbags shoot at police. Scumbags go to jail. I have a hot chocolate, no whip, no marshmallows.
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:48   #10
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,579
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
so based on your litmus test, even though it is legal, one should not exercise all rights in all situations? Sometimes it is best to advocate these rights?
The Legalist asks, Can I?

The Libertine asks, Shall I?

And the Prudent man asks, SHOULD I?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 20:57   #11
G30SF/F-250
Platinum Membership
GTDS
 
G30SF/F-250's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 10,538
Blog Entries: 2




__________________
R.I.P. 23Skidoo (Jeff)
1962-2012

He said been busy keeping the kids and wife happy, did you miss that? Probably time for you to turn off pretty woman and wipe the ********* tears from your eyes, you might be able to read better ahole.
By AJ
G30SF/F-250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 21:06   #12
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
I have a hot chocolate, no whip, no marshmallows.
But why no marshmallows? Those little mini-marshmallows stirred a bit into the hot chocolate is delicious. I had smores and hot apple cider at a campfire last night.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 21:30   #13
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member
 
FLIPPER 348's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 21,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
so based on your litmus test, even though it is legal, one should not exercise all rights in all situations?



yes (duh)
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 21:35   #14
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
But why no marshmallows? Those little mini-marshmallows stirred a bit into the hot chocolate is delicious. I had smores and hot apple cider at a campfire last night.
I don't like 'em, Sam I am. Won't defend it, I just don't like 'em. I will defend your right to have them, though, even if I don't see why you 'need' them.
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 22:13   #15
officer196
Senior Member
 
officer196's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
so based on your litmus test, even though it is legal, one should not exercise all rights in all situations? Sometimes it is best to advocate these rights?
I'm on my ipad can someone please post that photo of Fry from futurama asking if serious or trolling?


Oh and no hot cocoa is complete without the mallows, I prefer the regular size ones as they can also be used in s'mores.
__________________
Glock 22 Gen 3 / Glock 17 Gen 3 & 4 / Glock 19 Gen 4 / Glock 26 Gen 4

My Photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/officer196/

Last edited by officer196; 10-21-2013 at 22:16..
officer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 22:33   #16
Harper
Senior Member
 
Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by officer196 View Post
I'm on my ipad can someone please post that photo of Fry from futurama asking if serious or trolling?
The Okie Corral
Close enough.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 22:55   #17
officer196
Senior Member
 
officer196's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
The Okie Corral
Close enough.
Lol that'll work.
__________________
Glock 22 Gen 3 / Glock 17 Gen 3 & 4 / Glock 19 Gen 4 / Glock 26 Gen 4

My Photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/officer196/
officer196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:19   #18
Baba Louie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
AR-15 in the news
Been a few of them making news in the past few years, tho they are typically called "Bushmasters" for some strange reason.

Probably not headline material as Bushmaster is too long a word for BIG font (even tho the surname is despised by a number of folks who own newspapers apparently).

OC? Well, we are in a War on Drugs and a War on Terror and a War on Poverty, etc. That's a lot of simultaneous warfare happening right in our streets before our very eyes.

Maybe OC is good, maybe it's not. It does make some politicians and some LEOs nervous for good reason. Idiots abound and stuff happens.
__________________
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:45   #19
tehan2
NRA & GOAL
 
tehan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Breaking the law in CT
Posts: 2,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...er-4909384.php

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...228618921.html
---------------------------------

The same San Antonio where the OC activists had their OC gathering.
can you explain the connection of the 2 events? please ?
tehan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:10   #20
M&P15T
Beard One
 
M&P15T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehan2 View Post
can you explain the connection of the 2 events? please ?
There is none.

Just a straw man argument/observation.

I don't like pie. So a pie eating contest in the news means pies are bad.
__________________
Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus (519 BC – 430 BC) Power should only be given to those that want it least.
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:10   #21
coastal4974
Senior Member
 
coastal4974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,809
no doubt another Obama Fast n Furious weapon.
__________________
The politicians added another $4.8 billion to our debt today.
coastal4974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:01   #22
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,406
I understanc the two men are locked up, but did we lock the AR-15 up?


Since the AR-15 could have potentially killed the cop, I say we give the AR-15 the lethal injection... That'll teach it next time it thinks about shooting at a cop.
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:51   #23
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,579
Blog Entries: 1


The AR will be held as evidence for the trial.
It is locked up in the Police evidence locker.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 13:14   #24
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
I understanc the two men are locked up, but did we lock the AR-15 up?


Since the AR-15 could have potentially killed the cop, I say we give the AR-15 the lethal injection... That'll teach it next time it thinks about shooting at a cop.
I do remember some member claiming that guns can kill people in another thread, so obviously the two people were wrongly arrested, because it's the gun that can kill people, and not the people behind the gun.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 13:31   #25
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
The Legalist asks, Can I?

The Libertine asks, Shall I?

And the Prudent man asks, SHOULD I?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
And the Glocktalk OCer asks, "AM I BEING DETAINED?!"

Last edited by John Rambo; 10-22-2013 at 13:31..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,311
402 Members
909 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42