SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2013, 18:48   #1
jack76590

Best red loctite for rear sight

Mas,

Just had a meprolight rear sight get loose on PCR. Meprolight aftermarket rear sight initially what I would describe as "finger tight" as I could move, if pressed hard with finger.

I initially cleaned contact area with non chlorinated brake cleaner and applied a red thread locker from auto parts store. Not loctite brand but permatex.

After about a thousand rounds sight did not come off, but moving a bit from side to side. I plan to take off, clean contact area and reapply, this time using loctite brand product.

Want to use red loctite, but finding various types of red loctite, mainly numbers 271 and 262. Since loctite is mainly for bolts with threads what type to you recommend for rear sight? I want it to stay in place and accept downside may be hard to remove. Thanks, Jack
jack76590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 19:34   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Alas, Jack, you've asked the wrong guy. This is one of the many moments when I wish JR still had time to do the Glock Pistols section at GATE.

If GATE was about cars instead of guns, I'd be one of the driving instructors, not one of the mechanics or engineers. Which Loc-Tite is something I leave to the armorers and gunsmiths.

Suggest you try in General Glocking.

Wishing I could have been more help,

Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote