SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-19-2013, 16:44   #81
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed View Post
For those of us that understand the firearm, the first shot is different than subsequent shots, because we do not recycle the trigger 100%
Take up the slack and that is what you get with a Glock. Exact same trigger pull for each shot Same thing with a 1911.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 10-19-2013 at 16:45..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 18:25   #82
Athink3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
By adding a stupid and flimsy aftermarket part and ruining the frame....
Stupid is relative. Flimsy? Have you tested them? Have you experience with these "flimsy" and "stupid" parts??
Athink3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 18:29   #83
Athink3r

Quote:
That's great. Over $1600 to ruin 12 Glocks, real smart.

Hope you don't plan to try to resell them anytime soon.

I think you guys are nuts, but to each their own...
Odd how you're so worried about his finances and his ability to resell.
Old 10-19-2013, 18:35   #84
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athink3r View Post
Stupid is relative. Flimsy? Have you tested them? Have you experience with these "flimsy" and "stupid" parts??
Stupid certainly is relative. There's all kinds of stupid in this thread.

I've only ever held one Glock with the safety. I never shot one. That said, I wasn't impressed. Could it have been the installation? Certainly.

In my opinion, it's about the dumbest mod in all of handgunning. YMMV, but the only opinion on this forum I care about is my own. Unlike a few in this thread, I can think for myself.

Whether its poorly done like the example I saw or a very sturdy modification, it's about as "STUPID" as it gets, in my book. Whether or not you care about my opinion doesn't matter to me in the least. Have fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 18:38   #85
bac1023

Quote:
Odd how you're so worried about his finances and his ability to resell.
Hey noob, here's a little secret for ya...

I don't give two DAMNS how anyone spends their hard earned. I was making a point after he called us liberals.

Now that you made your point, how many Glocks did you ruin with this same brilliant idea??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-19-2013, 18:39   #86
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
bac-

I suspect you would be hard pressed to prove that the integrity of the design would be sacrificed by adding a Cominolli safety. I haven't read anything authoritative to support your claim.

Some authoritative sources, like Maas, have written that the safety works reliably. Mass stated he isn't aware of any Cominolli failures; he doesn't endorse adding the safety to a Glock, but he states that they work well.

I have considered adding a Cominolli to one or more of my Glocks, but I haven't done it. My lack of action isn't because I think it might make the gun less reliable or weaken the frame.

This topic isn't worth a lengthy debate. I simply believe unsupported statements offered to support an opinion should be questioned. If I am wrong, I will 'eat crow' and remain forever mute on this subject.
^^^^what this gentleman said.
"You forgot your BRIEFCASE!!!!!!"-
TruthNotRelative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 18:39   #87
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Trolls are considered bad, yes.
Guy with 29,000 posts is harassing someone with 2,900 posts. lol
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 18:48   #88
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
I have no more proof that it compromises integrity than you do that it doesn't.

All I know is that altering a proven design to that degree is never a good thing.

You offered matter of fact that it compromises integrity, implying that you possessed some knowledge of the aforementioned. That's a no-no. You either have knowledge or you don't. If you don't, don't offer "facts" that are just pure conjecture, simply say "I believe that this MAY be the case".
Old 10-19-2013, 18:58   #89
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthNotRelative View Post
You offered matter of fact that it compromises integrity, implying that you possessed some knowledge of the aforementioned. That's a no-no. You either have knowledge or you don't. If you don't, don't offer "facts" that are just pure conjecture, simply say "I believe that this MAY be the case".
Really, a no-no? Says who? You?

I'll offer whatever I want, thank you. You can choose to disregard whatever you want.

You are altering the design of the gun. You are cutting the frame. What the hell do you think is going to happen? Do you think it's going to improve the integrity?

Last edited by bac1023; 10-19-2013 at 19:05..
Old 10-19-2013, 19:03   #90
tonyparson

bac1023 you might as well give up. I now see why a lot of the members that's been on this forum from the get go no longer posts on this forum.
Old 10-19-2013, 19:06   #91
Athink3r

Quote:
Hey noob, here's a little secret for ya...

I don't give two DAMNS how anyone spends their hard earned. I was making a point after he called us liberals.

Now that you made your point, how many Glocks did you ruin with this same brilliant idea??
Admittedly, I am a "noob" (thanks for noticing).

I haven't any manual safeties on my Glocks. No plans to install any.
Old 10-19-2013, 19:07   #92
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
bac1023 you might as well give up. I now see why a lot of the members that's been on this forum from the get go no longer posts on this forum.
I think you're right Tony. The stupidity in this thread is mind boggling.

Old 10-19-2013, 19:08   #93
bac1023

Quote:
Admittedly, I am a "noob" (thanks for noticing).

I haven't any manual safeties on my Glocks. No plans to install any.
I apologize for the noob comment, but please don't lecture me.

Welcome, by the way

Old 10-19-2013, 19:14   #94
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
Really, a no-no? Says who? You?

I'll offer whatever I want, thank you. You can choose to disregard whatever you want.

You are altering the design of the gun. You are cutting the frame. What the hell do you think is going to happen? Do you think it's going to improve the integrity?
I haven't installed any of these on any Glocks that I own, no interest.

But yes, definitely a no-no to offer pure conjecture as absolute fact.
Old 10-19-2013, 19:28   #95
bac1023

Quote:
I haven't installed any of these on any Glocks that I own, no interest.

But yes, definitely a no-no to offer pure conjecture as absolute fact.

Ok, you remind me of that next time

Since you blew off my question on the subject, I'll assume you're of the belief that you can cut the frame and not lose any integrity whatsoever. I got it.

That wasn't even my point in the first place. My point was to use the gun as designed instead of altering it. If you need a safety, buy a gun designed with one. Yes, I firmly believe you are compromising the design itself and the integrity of the product. Nobody on this planet is going to make me think otherwise.

Last edited by bac1023; 10-19-2013 at 19:36..
Old 10-19-2013, 19:32   #96
Made in Austria

I don't understand why one needs a manual safety in a Glock either, or even wants to install one in a Glock. Of course there are guns which need one if you carry it ready to go, like a 1911 for example.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 10-19-2013 at 22:16..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 19:36   #97
TruthNotRelative

Quote:

Ok, you remind me if that next time

Since you blew off my question on the subject, I'll assume you're of the belief that you can cut the frame and not lose any integrity whatsoever. I got it.

That wasn't even my point in the first place. My point was to use the gun as designed instead of altering it. If you need a safety, buy a gun designed with one. Yes, I firmly believe you are compromising the design itself and the integrity of the product. Nobody on this planet is going to make me think otherwise.
Now see, I didn't offer anything one way or the other, only you did, the burden of proof was on you alone, hence, I did not blow off your question.
Old 10-19-2013, 19:41   #98
bac1023

Quote:
Now see, I didn't offer anything one way or the other, only you did, the burden of proof was on you alone, hence, I did not blow off your question.
There is no burden on me whatsoever. Whether or not you agree with me views on the subject do not matter to me. I already said that.

Glocks are molded plastic. Cutting the frame or even stippling the frame the wrong way will alter the gun, albeit a minute amount depending on exactly what was done.

Again, that was not my main point.

Old 10-19-2013, 19:44   #99
tonyparson

Quote:
There is no burden on me whatsoever. Whether or not you agree with me views on the subject do not matter to me. I already said that.

Glocks are molded plastic. Cutting the frame or even stippling the frame the wrong way will alter the gun, albeit a minute amount depending on exactly what was done.

Old 10-19-2013, 19:50   #100
TruthNotRelative

Quote:

At the risk of being overly argumentative, the burden of proof is indeed on you when you make matter of fact statements (as opposed to mere opinions), implying absolute knowledge of a given thing.