SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-19-2013, 19:59   #101
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthNotRelative View Post
At the risk of being overly argumentative, the burden of proof is indeed on you when you make matter of fact statements (as opposed to mere opinions), implying absolute knowledge of a given thing.
I already told you it was my opinion...

Unless I performed the mod on one of my Glocks and tested the frame's strength under extreme adverse conditions against on unaltered frame, how do you suppose I show you proof? I'm not dumb enough to do the mod in the first place.

That said, you don't cut into the gun's frame and not experience any side effects, albeit it, it could be very small. Again, a little common sense here. Regardless of the frame, you're sacrificing the design's purity and integrity. Whether that alone will cause any issues over time is anyone's guess.

Since you're not offering any first hand knowledge either, enough with this point and enough with your lecture, as, once again, it was not even my main point in the first place. I made that very clear on a couple occasions.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 20:01   #102
Athink3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

You are altering the design of the gun. You are cutting the frame. What the hell do you think is going to happen? Do you think it's going to improve the integrity?
It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other, it can very easily be neither.
Athink3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 20:04   #103
TruthNotRelative

Quote:
I already told you it was my opinion...

Unless I performed the mod on one of my Glocks and tested the frame's strength under extreme adverse conditions against on unaltered frame, how do you suppose I show you proof? I'm not dumb enough to do the mod in the first place.

That said, you don't cut into the gun's frame and not experience any side effects, albeit it, it could be very small. Again, a little common sense here. Regardless of the frame, you're sacrificing the design's purity and integrity. Whether that alone will cause any issues over time is anyone's guess.

Since you're not offering any first hand knowledge either, enough with this point and enough with your lecture, as, once again, it was not even my main point in the first place. I made that very clear on a couple occasions.
Fair enough.
"You forgot your BRIEFCASE!!!!!!"-
TruthNotRelative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 20:14   #104
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthNotRelative View Post
Fair enough.
Cool

Let's put the issue to rest then...

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 10-19-2013, 20:18   #105
ashecht

I have to honest, I don't understand. When I took my first shooting lesson, the very first thing the instructor told was to keep your finger along the slide and not to put my finger on the trigger until I was ready to fire. I carry my G30 instead of my 1911 commander is because it has no external safety. Just my .02
Ruger SR1911 Commander
Colt LE6920
ashecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 20:39   #106
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecht View Post
I have to honest, I don't understand. When I took my first shooting lesson, the very first thing the instructor told was to keep your finger along the slide and not to put my finger on the trigger until I was ready to fire. I carry my G30 instead of my 1911 commander is because it has no external safety. Just my .02
LOL, I carry my G30 instead of my commander because it's lighter and holds 3 more rounds.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 21:10   #107
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
bac1023 you might as well give up. I now see why a lot of the members that's been on this forum from the get go no longer posts on this forum.
People come and go, but it is unfortunate that rude people, run off good people.
ShallNotBeInfringed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 21:34   #108
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
bac1023 you might as well give up. I now see why a lot of the members that's been on this forum from the get go no longer posts on this forum.
Unfortunately there are a lot of reasons why a lot of people no longer visit/post, or do so very little.

And none of them are changing for the better.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:49   #109
jstanfield103

I don't know about all the people here but I would like to carry my 26 in my pocket with out a holster so I am purchasing the Siderlock and a new trigger with the bar that way I can put the sliderlock on the gun and switch it back to stock if I don't like it. I do not want anything to snag that trigger and have a leg injury so it's getting the sliderlock.
jstanfield103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:45   #110
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfield103 View Post
I don't know about all the people here but I would like to carry my 26 in my pocket with out a holster so I am purchasing the Siderlock and a new trigger with the bar that way I can put the sliderlock on the gun and switch it back to stock if I don't like it. I do not want anything to snag that trigger and have a leg injury so it's getting the sliderlock.
Have you tried pocket carry without a pocket holster? I have and the gun seems to go all over the place. Aside from covering the trigger guard, a good pocket holster will keep the gun in place. They also help to break up the outline of the gun. While there are many that are too big IMO, there are some minimalist pocket holsters that add very little to the size of the gun.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:48   #111
dakrat

Quote:
Brilliant!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:49   #112
bac1023

Quote:
I would never pocket carry without a holster.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33   #113
red2rider

Quote:
I bought my first glock about 2 years ago. Was always a fan of a manual safety. I installed a siderlock trigger sometime after because I too felt a glock needed it, and I didn't want to carve into the frame for the cominalli kit. Now having carried my G4 27 religiously ever since and using a proper holster of which I have many for different needs I realized it doesn't need a manual safety on it. Proper gun training teaches us to keep off the trigger until needed. I would never advise anyone carrying a glock in a pocket cocked and locked without some form of trigger cover. It's just plain dangerous. Manual safety makes no difference floating loose in any kind of garment. It's not a matter of if, but when it will go off. I've had a knife to my neck and gun to my face in 2 instances over the years. Let me tell you, the adrenelin rush alone can keep you from doing some of the most instinctive things you want to do.
The manual safety defeats the purpose of a quick response to save your neck or those around you. I could go on and on about situational awareness, blah blah blah, but I think it's the one occasion when you have to use your gun at a short panic moment that the safety could defeat you in a win or lose scenario.
I now have 3 glocks that I carry and 1 more for comp shooting. LOVE my Glocks more than any other firearm I own. I'm over the manual safety fear and carry them for the purpose of which they were designed and intended to be carried. The siderlock was good for what it was, too bad it was me that was the problem, I'm glad I'm over that now. Get more familiar with your firearm or consider switching to what accommodates you best is about all you can do and do safely.

Last edited by red2rider; 10-20-2013 at 06:38..
red2rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35   #114
grizz

General Glocking
grizz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27   #115
dakrat

Quote:
I would never pocket carry without a holster.
but it has a "safety". nothing could go wrong.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:06   #116
grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
but it has a "safety". nothing could go wrong.
It has 3 safeties and something can always go wrong. I know this because I not only know Murphy, he is apparently stalking me.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11   #117
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz View Post
It has 3 safeties and something can always go wrong. I know this because I not only know Murphy, he is apparently stalking me.
Dakrat was being sarcastic about that...

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 10-20-2013, 09:23   #118
grizz

Quote:
Dakrat was being sarcastic about that...
I figured he was, just hedging my bet.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17   #119
PhotoFeller

From another thread, this post by F106Fan provides an explanation of the Glock safe trigger mechanism. The Glock trigger is more "forgiving" than the 1911 trigger mechanism. This mechanical feature of Glock pistols is the basis for the popular belief that Glocks don't need a manual safety.

"Understand the mechanism! The firing pin is cocked by moving the trigger to the rear. There isn't enough stored energy in the firing pin spring, at rest, to cause a discharge even if the firing pin accidentally dropped. And, of course, there is a firing pin block that blocks the pin from hitting the primer unless the trigger has been moved to the rear. And the trigger can't move to the rear unless the safety tab has first been moved to the rear.

The gun is not going to go off by itself. There are a number of ways to mess up but, by itself, the Safe Action is pretty good.

The single fact that the gun isn't cocked until the trigger is pulled fully to the rear just about prevents any failure....."

Some people (myself included) still believe Glocks would be more desirable with a manual safety. The most common retort to that is "then buy a gun that comes from the manufacturer with a manual safety". In fact, I agree.

I remain convinced that the Cominilli safety is a viable option for a Glock owner who decides the Safe Action Trigger lacks sufficient protection against an unintended discharge given his/her level of training and experience. Some Glock owners are not highly trained and lack extensive experience with handguns; and, most people will not seek extensive training and experience to overcome these deficiencies. While trading their Glock for a more suitable weapon might be the best solution, adding a Cominolli safety is not an unreasonable course of action, in my opinion.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-20-2013 at 10:21..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:29   #120
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
I remain convinced that the Cominilli safety is a viable option for a Glock owner who decides the Safe Action Trigger lacks sufficient protection against an unintended discharge given his/her level of training and experience. Some Glock owners are not highly trained and lack extensive experience with handguns; and, most people will not seek extensive training and experience to overcome these deficiencies. While trading their Glock for a more suitable weapon might be the best solution, adding a Cominolli safety is not an unreasonable course of action, in my opinion.
Go for it then...

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 10-20-2013, 10:38   #121
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Go for it then...
Go for what?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:44   #122
bac1023

Quote:
Go for what?
Uh, the safety.

If you see nothing wrong with it, buy a Glock and add it.

1911 Buyer's Guide
Old 10-20-2013, 10:51   #123
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Uh, the safety.

If you see nothing wrong with it, buy a Glock and add it.
Thanks, bac. Great chatting with you.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:22   #124
SCmasterblaster

Glocks definitely do NOT need any more safeties that it already has.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:45   #125
bac1023

Quote:
Thanks, bac. Great chatting with you.
You as well...

1911 Buyer's Guide