SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:38   #41
mrgreg5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

You spend $1500+ to put manual safeties on TWELVE Glocks, thereby ruining both integrity and value and you call us fools?

What planet are you from?

dam let the guy catch a breath............if u want a manual safety then do not buy a glock......get a xd..with grip safety and they offer manual safety....a complete waste of time///YUUUUP.......polymer pistols with safeties ..defeats the purpose...unless it has a hammer..like h&k.........but hell......whatever......im glad my glocks dont have them.......but someones is making money..lol......
Old 10-19-2013, 09:48   #42
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreg5000 View Post
dam let the guy catch a breath............if u want a manual safety then do not buy a glock......
Which was my whole point in the first place.

Thanks for clearing that up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:55   #43
mrgreg5000

Quote:
dam let the guy catch a breath............if u want a manual safety then do not buy a glock......get a xd..with grip safety and they offer manual safety....a complete waste of time///yuuuup.......polymer pistols with safeties ..defeats the purpose...unless it has a hammer..like h&k.........but hell......whatever......im glad my glocks dont have them.......but someones is making money..lol......

and i never voted for obama....he makes me sick
Old 10-19-2013, 10:07   #44
bac1023

Quote:
and i never voted for obama....he makes me sick
Yeah, I'm not sure why he brought politics into the thread in the first place.

He puts safeties on all his Glocks and calls us the liberals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:12   #45
mrgreg5000

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure why he brought politics into the thread in the first place.

He puts safeties on all his Glocks and calls us the liberals.

well let me tell u my good sir its only going to get WORSE
Old 10-19-2013, 10:31   #46
Mochahooligan

Quote:

You spend $1500+ to put manual safeties on TWELVE Glocks, thereby ruining both integrity and value and you call us fools?

What planet are you from?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Again so true!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:56   #47
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
He asked for our opinion we gave him our opinion. It's that simple!!!
I offered my opinion, too. Nothing more, nothing less.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58   #48
mrgreg5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post

its like buying a mercedes benz and putting ford rims on it
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58   #49
mrgreg5000

Quote:

just doesnt ...sit right
Old 10-19-2013, 11:06   #50
mrgreg5000

Quote:

Old 10-19-2013, 11:22   #51
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Huh?

So, it's better to sacrifice the integrity of the design and the frame, because a person is afraid to use the gun as it was intended? Sounds great.

I just don't understand the logic at all. In my opinion, one of the dumbest mods in the gun industry.
bac-

I suspect you would be hard pressed to prove that the integrity of the design would be sacrificed by adding a Cominolli safety. I haven't read anything authoritative to support your claim.

Some authoritative sources, like Maas, have written that the safety works reliably. Mass stated he isn't aware of any Cominolli failures; he doesn't endorse adding the safety to a Glock, but he states that they work well.

I have considered adding a Cominolli to one or more of my Glocks, but I haven't done it. My lack of action isn't because I think it might make the gun less reliable or weaken the frame.

This topic isn't worth a lengthy debate. I simply believe unsupported statements offered to support an opinion should be questioned. If I am wrong, I will 'eat crow' and remain forever mute on this subject.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-19-2013 at 11:48..
Old 10-19-2013, 11:50   #52
dakrat

External thumb safety on a Glock..

General Glocking

Last edited by dakrat; 10-19-2013 at 11:51..
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:26   #53
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
I think it is important to have a safety on a Glock. Good ones typically cost over $50. They are made of sturdy kydex, form fitted to the shape of the gun, completly cover the trigger guard, and the gun is pulled free from them with a firm "snap" sound.

Hmmm. Why do bac and others who tote 1911s want that darn manual safety when a $50+ holster is all they really need? All one has to do after the gun is drawn from the holster is keep from touching the trigger till its time to go boom. Problem solved! No manual safety needed...on any handgun!

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-19-2013 at 12:26..
Old 10-19-2013, 12:59   #54
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athink3r View Post
What's odd to me is that I'm sure that most if not all here have no problem with a manual safety on pistols that come with them
I don't buy pistols that have manual safeties because my handguns are all serve defensive use and I don't want manual safeties on defensive pistols.

And if the pistol comes with one...that's probably because the way it is designed requires that you use it in order to be safe. A Glock is always safe. Trigger not pulled = won't fire.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 13:03   #55
bac1023

Quote:
Now here ^^ is an idea worthy of consideration. Covering the trigger with a quality holster is all the protection one needs to carry with absolute safety.

Hmmm. Why do bac and others who tote 1911s want that darn manual safety when a $50+ holster is all they really need? All one has to do after the gun is drawn from the holster is keep from touching the trigger till its time to go boom. Problem solved! No manual safety needed...on any handgun!
Hopefully, you aren't being serious about the 1911. The trigger is totally different and it's a gun to be carried cocked and locked. You don't carry a 1911 with the safety off and hammer cocked. You're comparing apples and oranges.

While I usually carry a 1911, I do carry one of my Glocks on occasion.

Last edited by bac1023; 10-19-2013 at 13:41..
Old 10-19-2013, 13:04   #56
mrgreg5000

Quote:
Hopefully, you aren't being serious about the 1911. The trigger is totally different and it's a gun to be carried cocked and locked. You don't carry a 1911 with the safety off and hammer cocked. You're comparing apples and oranges.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Old 10-19-2013, 13:17   #57
bac1023

Quote:
bac-

I suspect you would be hard pressed to prove that the integrity of the design would be sacrificed by adding a Cominolli safety. I haven't read anything authoritative to support your claim.

Some authoritative sources, like Maas, have written that the safety works reliably. Mass stated he isn't aware of any Cominolli failures; he doesn't endorse adding the safety to a Glock, but he states that they work well.

I have considered adding a Cominolli to one or more of my Glocks, but I haven't done it. My lack of action isn't because I think it might make the gun less reliable or weaken the frame.

This topic isn't worth a lengthy debate. I simply believe unsupported statements offered to support an opinion should be questioned. If I am wrong, I will 'eat crow' and remain forever mute on this subject.
I have no more proof that it compromises integrity than you do that it doesn't.

All I know is that altering a proven design to that degree is never a good thing.

Old 10-19-2013, 13:50   #58
PhotoFeller

Quote:

While I usually carry a 1911, I go carry one of my Glocks on occasion.
My query goes to logic more than trigger design consideration.

The common 'logic' among GT members:

-Always use a quality holster in good condition to carry safely. If the trigger is covered in a secure holster, the pistol is absolutely safe from unintended discharge.

-Always keep the trigger finger outside of the trigger guard when handling the pistol for any reason, except at the moment when the pistol is to be intentionally fired at a specific target. This 'trigger finger discipline' is all that is needed to avoid a ND.

My question is, why doesn't this pair of widely held safety rules apply to all handguns, including the 1911? Either the rules are absolute, or they are not. If they are not absolutely true, why doesn't the logic hold for some handguns?
Old 10-19-2013, 14:26   #59
bac1023

Quote:

My question is, why doesn't this pair of widely held safety rules apply to all handguns, including the 1911? Either the rules are absolute, or they are not. If they are not absolutely true, why doesn't the logic hold for some handguns?
Come on, man...

The 1911 isn't designed that way. That would be akin to carrying a revolver with the hammer back, as the grip safety would be squeezed just by taking the gun out of its holster.

The Glock's trigger is designed to be much safer. When you carry a decocker design, such as a Sig, there is essentially no safety either.

Let's all use some common sense here.

The bottom line is to carry the gun as designed instead of altering the design to mimic a different gun that you probably should have bought in the first place.

Old 10-19-2013, 14:41   #60
PaLEOjd

Quote:
If you want a manual safety, you don't buy a Glock. It's that simple.

Glock did offer models with an external manual safety. Not sure if there are any here in the USA or if they still come from the factory for anybody anymore but Glock did make them for the Tasmanian police at one point.

Here is a photo from Glock. Not sure how long ago this was but it was posted on here a few years ago.

General Glocking