GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 05:33   #26
markerbeacon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich47 View Post
Hi, I just watched a YouTube video in which someone had a external manual safety put on their Glock 30s. Has anyone here had that done? By whom?

Thanks
Rich
Rick,

Iíve put a manual Thumb Safety on all 12 of my Glock Pistols. Iíll post pictures later, most of me holding them, fondling them, etc... Hereís a Link to have them install on all of your Glockís http://tenring.com/glock-pistol-work-2/

Cost is $135 including shipping and all the hate mail youíre already received.

Screw them all. Most of them voted for Obama,

Last edited by markerbeacon; 10-19-2013 at 05:36.. Reason: Just to screw with everyone
markerbeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:52   #27
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athink3r View Post
What's odd to me is that I'm sure that most if not all here have no problem with a manual safety on pistols that come with them (1911 example), but think the idea of a Glock with the same type of safety is rediculous. To me, it comes down to the quality/durability of the product, and not some strange bias against Glocks with manual safeties. If one shoots 1911's almost exclusively (example), and likes and is used to this type of safety and then gets turned onto Glocks, this seems to me to be a viable, legitimate option, despite the ridicule of some GT members.
I carry a 1911 most of the time, do I'm no stranger to manual safeties. Glocks DO NOT have manual safeties. By adding a stupid and flimsy aftermarket part and ruining the frame, you're compromising that durability you just spoke of.

Glocks are not the only pistols without a manual safety. I think the notion of adding an aftermarket safety to any pistol is totally asinine.
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58   #28
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich47 View Post
hi, i just watched a youtube video in which someone had a external manual safety put on their glock 30s. Has anyone here had that done? By whom?

Thanks
rich


it wasnt a 30s...it was a 30sf
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58   #29
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by markerbeacon View Post
Rick,

Iíve put a manual Thumb Safety on all 12 of my Glock Pistols. Iíll post pictures later, most of me holding them, fondling them, etc... Hereís a Link to have them install on all of your Glockís http://tenring.com/glock-pistol-work-2/

Cost is $135 including shipping and all the hate mail youíre already received.

Screw them all. Most of them voted for Obama,
That's great. Over $1600 to ruin 12 Glocks, real smart.

Hope you don't plan to try to resell them anytime soon.

I think you guys are nuts, but to each their own...
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:15   #30
tonyparson
Senior Member
 
tonyparson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dayton, TN.
Posts: 5,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by markerbeacon View Post
Rick,

Iíve put a manual Thumb Safety on all 12 of my Glock Pistols. Iíll post pictures later, most of me holding them, fondling them, etc... Hereís a Link to have them install on all of your Glockís http://tenring.com/glock-pistol-work-2/

Cost is $135 including shipping and all the hate mail youíre already received.

Screw them all. Most of them voted for Obama,
I think your the one that voted for Obama!!! Obama and all his liberal friends want every gun in America to have manual safeties and locks on them.
__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.......
Thomas Jefferson
tonyparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:04   #31
D.S.Brown
Senior Member
 
D.S.Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: North Texas
Posts: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by markerbeacon View Post
Rick,

I’ve put a manual Thumb Safety on all 12 of my Glock Pistols. I’ll post pictures later, most of me holding them, fondling them, etc... Here’s a Link to have them install on all of your Glock’s http://tenring.com/glock-pistol-work-2/

Cost is $135 including shipping and all the hate mail you’re already received.

Screw them all. Most of them voted for Obama,
You were doing well in your response, right up until you won the "Insert Nonesensical Political Reference To The President, In A Thread That Has NOTHING To Do With The President Award." Congratulations!

To the OP, I never have. I'm of the mind to carry a gun the way it was enginneered, so yes my Glocks don't have a manual, safety, when I carry 1911's the hammer is cocked back, thumb safety engaged, (condition 1), and I fire double action revolvers in double action. That's just me. As others have said, it's your money, your property, do what you like.

Best,

Dave

Last edited by D.S.Brown; 10-19-2013 at 07:05..
D.S.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:22   #32
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK
 
Nakanokalronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
That's great. Over $1600 to ruin 12 Glocks, real smart.

Hope you don't plan to try to resell them anytime soon.

I think you guys are nuts, but to each their own...
I agree and it's a complete waste of money. I'm used to 1911s, but there are plenty of other guns out there with and without manual safeties. Adding one to a Glock is just not needed, especially since it's closer to a DAO pull.
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:25   #33
Calhoun123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: LA
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
He asked for our opinion we gave him our opinion. It's that simple!!!
You people need to read the OP. He didn't ask for opinions. He asked for information about the product. If you don't like the safety option or have experience with it, there is no reason for you to beat the OP up over his interest.

I don't have a Cominolli safety, but wouldn't object to one either. I can think of several reasons why someone would add one to their Glock, rather than buy a different brand. There is also at least 1 gunsmith offering a much improved version of the original Cominolli safety. I've seen pix on the net, but don't know who it is.
Calhoun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:44   #34
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun123 View Post

I don't have a Cominolli safety, but wouldn't object to one either. I can think of several reasons why someone would add one to their Glock, rather than buy a different brand.
Huh?

So, it's better to sacrifice the integrity of the design and the frame, because a person is afraid to use the gun as it was intended? Sounds great.

I just don't understand the logic at all. In my opinion, one of the dumbest mods in the gun industry.
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:51   #35
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK
 
Nakanokalronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Huh?

So, it's better to sacrifice the integrity of the design and the frame, because a person is afraid to use the gun as it was intended? Sounds great.

I just don't understand the logic at all. In my opinion, one of the dumbest mods in the gun industry.
I think the siderlock safety is just a little dumber. At least it doesn't alter the frame.

General Glocking
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:52   #36
ithaca_deerslayer
Senior Member
 
ithaca_deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Upstate NY, USA
Posts: 18,628
I think it is important to have a safety on a Glock. Good ones typically cost over $50. They are made of sturdy kydex, form fitted to the shape of the gun, completly cover the trigger guard, and the gun is pulled free from them with a firm "snap" sound.

___________
I joined the NRA, have you yet?
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:04   #37
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
I think the siderlock safety is just a little dumber. At least it doesn't alter the frame.

General Glocking
Yeah, that one is pretty dumb as well. I actually saw a person at the range with one of those.

It's not doing harm to the gun, at least.
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:14   #38
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK
 
Nakanokalronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
I think it is important to have a safety on a Glock. Good ones typically cost over $50. They are made of sturdy kydex, form fitted to the shape of the gun, completly cover the trigger guard, and the gun is pulled free from them with a firm "snap" sound.

___________
I joined the NRA, have you yet?
Who would make such a product?
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:09   #39
markerbeacon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
you just opened a can of worms. have fun


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

I am as a matter of fact! Itís so easy to bait these fools.
markerbeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21   #40
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by markerbeacon View Post
I am as a matter of fact! Itís so easy to bait these fools.


You spend $1500+ to put manual safeties on TWELVE Glocks, thereby ruining both integrity and value and you call us fools?

What planet are you from?

__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:38   #41
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post


You spend $1500+ to put manual safeties on TWELVE Glocks, thereby ruining both integrity and value and you call us fools?

What planet are you from?


dam let the guy catch a breath............if u want a manual safety then do not buy a glock......get a xd..with grip safety and they offer manual safety....a complete waste of time///YUUUUP.......polymer pistols with safeties ..defeats the purpose...unless it has a hammer..like h&k.........but hell......whatever......im glad my glocks dont have them.......but someones is making money..lol......
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:48   #42
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreg5000 View Post
dam let the guy catch a breath............if u want a manual safety then do not buy a glock......
Which was my whole point in the first place.

Thanks for clearing that up
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:55   #43
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreg5000 View Post
dam let the guy catch a breath............if u want a manual safety then do not buy a glock......get a xd..with grip safety and they offer manual safety....a complete waste of time///yuuuup.......polymer pistols with safeties ..defeats the purpose...unless it has a hammer..like h&k.........but hell......whatever......im glad my glocks dont have them.......but someones is making money..lol......


and i never voted for obama....he makes me sick
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:07   #44
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 87,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreg5000 View Post
and i never voted for obama....he makes me sick
Yeah, I'm not sure why he brought politics into the thread in the first place.

He puts safeties on all his Glocks and calls us the liberals.
__________________
.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:12   #45
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure why he brought politics into the thread in the first place.

He puts safeties on all his Glocks and calls us the liberals.


well let me tell u my good sir its only going to get WORSE
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:31   #46
Mochahooligan
Senior Member
 
Mochahooligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago West burbs
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post


You spend $1500+ to put manual safeties on TWELVE Glocks, thereby ruining both integrity and value and you call us fools?

What planet are you from?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Again so true!
__________________
Love my guns love my Monster 900. Is there anything else, oh yea love the wife my son, new daugehter and the puppy! Glock certified armorer.
Mochahooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:56   #47
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,685
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
He asked for our opinion we gave him our opinion. It's that simple!!!
I offered my opinion, too. Nothing more, nothing less.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58   #48
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
I offered my opinion, too. Nothing more, nothing less.

its like buying a mercedes benz and putting ford rims on it
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58   #49
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreg5000 View Post
its like buying a mercedes benz and putting ford rims on it


just doesnt ...sit right
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:06   #50
mrgreg5000
Senior Member
 
mrgreg5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
I offered my opinion, too. Nothing more, nothing less.

its like buying a mercedes benz and putting ford rims on it
__________________
greg dennis
mrgreg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 725
199 Members
526 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42