GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 12:52   #201
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
Afternoon Bucky

So you removed the Target Trigger & added a COMBAT trigger says the prosecuting attorney. Who do you think you are, Rambo?

Honestly I think they would go after anything they could if given a chance. If your gun was completely stock with no modifications then the prosecuting side would go after your gun type, or your bullet choice (why would a reasonable person have any reason to use a killer bullet with a huge hollow point that expands & causes massive internal damage?). Or the type of flashlight you carried, or the type of vehicle you drive, or you get the idea.

This is where your (good) defense attorney comes in to poke large holes in the prosecution's "fishing for" stories.

To tell you the truth, personally, I worry more about my military combat past coming up at a trial than anything I would do to modify my carry weapon.

I am old so my old eye sight needs good sights to see the darn things, my arthritis fingers need a trigger pull I can use effectively, so my personal take is--if I modify my gun to fit my physical limitations I just can't see a jury buying into the modifications were to make the gun more deadly or whatever they are fishing for.

I see it a lot like a vehicle modified for a handicapped person. There is just no way the modified vehicle wouldn't come up at trial but if the accident was because the other person illegally turned in front of the handicapped vehicle I just can't see it effecting the outcome.
I agree. They would try on any alteration from stock but mostly on the trigger actions. The part about the military action seen could be a way to avoid a murder conviction if the attorney was good. There was the incident in Ca where the man shot a few men with the AR after they stole his solar lights and he chased them. He was a former Ranger..that could have been used to say he zoned out and he may have avoided a murder conviction.

I remember the Fish case with the 19mm and that was about the caliber of the firearm playing a part in it. If a person modifies that trigger to be easier they are looking for trouble in a shooting if the event is questionable. Just my opinion.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:54   #202
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: You can't get here from there!
Posts: 15,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glotin View Post
The difference between you and Mas being that he's an expert and you have no idea what you're talking about.

You form and offer an opinion without having the requisite knowledge. Mas, and other people who don't wish to look like idiots, do not. Your argument about a 1911 (or any other pistol) not needing a safety if a Glock doesn't need one is a great example. You didn't know the basic operation of either firearm (if you did you would understand why the 1911 requires an external safety and why a Glock does not) yet you spouted off anyway.
John Browning didn't originally design the 1911 with a thumb safety; that was a requirement added by the Army (the Cavalry). But it also wasn't designed to be carried cocked and locked either.

Regards,
Happyguy
__________________
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 13:26   #203
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
John Browning didn't originally design the 1911 with a thumb safety; that was a requirement added by the Army (the Cavalry). But it also wasn't designed to be carried cocked and locked either.

Regards,
Happyguy
Very true. but it certainly wasn't designed to be carried cocked and unlocked, which was eluded to by a certain member here.

It was originally designed to be carried hammer down on a loaded chamber and the hammer to be manually cocked before firing. The half cock position was designed into the gun to prevent an AD in the event your thumb slipped off the hammer while cocking.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 18:03   #204
fg17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
The part about the military action seen could be a way to avoid a murder conviction if the attorney was good. There was the incident in Ca where the man shot a few men with the AR after they stole his solar lights and he chased them. He was a former Ranger..that could have been used to say he zoned out and he may have avoided a murder conviction.
Just make sure your not telling tall tales, that case in CA, the man said he was an army ranger, he never was a ranger and was never even overseas. Also why do you need a manual safety, just dont keep a round in the chamber
fg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 18:18   #205
glockeglock
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,396
"Don't do it! Taint right! Customizing is just stoopid."
"Thar's only one right way for everyting and ebreybooty.....my way!"
"If you is different, den you is da most dumbester of the dumbesters."
"Booger hooker, bang switch, and other saying of equally myopic stupidity....."


On a serious note: The Glock has a lot to offer over other firearms. If you want the benefits of a Glock AND you want a manual safety, then have a Cominolli installed.

I have Glocks with and without the Cominolli manual safety. I also have other customized guns. They all work great and each has its place.

To provide useful criticism, the Cominolli works well and ergonomically. However it would have been better served with a quality, low profile lever ala the S&W M&P lever. The Cominolli lever is cheap pot metal and protrudes too far from the frame, IMHO.

I don't like the Siderlock, as disengagement requires placement of the finger inside the trigger guard.

Last edited by glockeglock; 10-22-2013 at 23:07..
glockeglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 19:59   #206
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockeglock View Post
To provide useful criticism, the Cominolli's would have been better served with a quality, low profile lever ala the S&W M&P lever. The Cominolli lever is cheap and protrudes too far from the frame.
Yeah, I wasn't impressed at all with the Cominolli safety that was installed on one glock I handled, though I didn't shoot it.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 20:01   #207
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
PhotoFeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and SW Florida
Posts: 3,258
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockeglock View Post
"Don't do it! Taint right! Customizing is just stoopid."
"Thar's only one right way for everyting and ebreybooty.....my way!"
"If you is different, den you is da most dumbester of the dumbesters."
"Booger hooker, bang switch, and other saying of equally myopic stupidity....."


On a serious note: The Glock has a lot to offer over other firearms. If you want the benefits of a Glock AND you want a manual safety, then have a Cominolli installed.

I have Glocks with and without the Cominolli manual safety. I also have other customized guns. They all work great and each has its place.

To provide useful criticism, the Cominolli's would have been better served with a quality, low profile lever ala the S&W M&P lever. The Cominolli lever is cheap and protrudes too far from the frame.

I don't like the Siderlock, as disengagement requires placement of the finger inside the trigger guard.
Thanks. Objective, first hand knowledge is hard to beat.
PhotoFeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 20:14   #208
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
You're right, he was way out of line. However, there are smarter ways to deal with a name caller than calling him a bad name.


Yeah, I guess I wasn't in a very diplomatic mood, nor do I always have the patience do deal with nonsense. However, I never actually called the guy a "bad name".

Having said that, after reading some of your posts in this thread, I'm not convinced you're the best judge of what is or isn't smart around here.

Good day
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 22:10   #209
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'
 
Jack23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Deer Park, Texas
Posts: 2,971


Sorry but I don't have time to read 9 pages of responses and I just saw this. Please forgive if this has already been stated as I would hope it has.

It doesn't matter whether you are talking about a gun, a lawn mower, a chain saw or what ever. The best and only effective safety device for anything is YOUR BRAIN. What ever guns you have/use you should learn them intimately, practice frequently and develop that all important MUSCLE MEMORY. If you need a manual safety buy a gun that has that already on it. Never buy a gun you have to reinvent. Regardless of what you may have heard there IS a cure for stupid.............and it is painful.
__________________
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 22:15   #210
tonyparson
Senior Member
 
tonyparson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dayton, TN.
Posts: 5,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack23 View Post
Sorry but I don't have time to read 9 pages of responses and I just saw this. Please forgive if this has already been stated as I would hope it has.

It doesn't matter whether you are talking about a gun, a lawn mower, a chain saw or what ever. The best and only effective safety device for anything is YOUR BRAIN. What ever guns you have/use you should learn them intimately, practice frequently and develop that all important MUSCLE MEMORY. If you need a manual safety buy a gun that has that already on it. Never buy a gun you have to reinvent. Regardless of what you may have heard there IS a cure for stupid.............and it is painful.
__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.......
Thomas Jefferson
tonyparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 22:50   #211
Sierra9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 447
All these pages of comment, and hardly anyone has answered the OP. I shamelessly admit to installing the Cominolli safety on three Glocks myself. The OP doesn't ask for reasons, so I don't offer any. One of the three was a G26 owned by a friend who wanted the safety. He's very happy with it.

One of my Glocks was a 29 with thousands of rounds of full 10mm through it. It was also abused generally. Never any evidence of frame damage from the slot or malfunction of the safety. As for resale, sold it for $475.

The other a G26, rough use, thousands of rounds. No malfunction of safety and no frame damage from the slot. I still own it.

I also have a G20 which I will not put a safety on. It's for carry in woods with big animals.

I agree that the Cominolli lever is not designed well, but the internals are sound and easily replaced with the stock parts.

According to posters here, I'm a nut, Darwin award winner, stupid ass, libtard, defiler of Mr. Glock, etc., for having a safety on a Glock. Hard to understand the vitriol and emotion in this thread. I hope the OP, a new poster, hasn't fled forever.
Sierra9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 23:15   #212
tonyparson
Senior Member
 
tonyparson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dayton, TN.
Posts: 5,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra9 View Post
All these pages of comment, and hardly anyone has answered the OP. I shamelessly admit to installing the Cominolli safety on three Glocks myself. The OP doesn't ask for reasons, so I don't offer any. One of the three was a G26 owned by a friend who wanted the safety. He's very happy with it.

One of my Glocks was a 29 with thousands of rounds of full 10mm through it. It was also abused generally. Never any evidence of frame damage from the slot or malfunction of the safety. As for resale, sold it for $475.

The other a G26, rough use, thousands of rounds. No malfunction of safety and no frame damage from the slot. I still own it.

I also have a G20 which I will not put a safety on. It's for carry in woods with big animals.

I agree that the Cominolli lever is not designed well, but the internals are sound and easily replaced with the stock parts.

According to posters here, I'm a nut, Darwin award winner, stupid ass, libtard, defiler of Mr. Glock, etc., for having a safety on a Glock. Hard to understand the vitriol and emotion in this thread. I hope the OP, a new poster, hasn't fled forever.
What's the difference between a bad guy and a big animal? Do you think you'll have more time with the bad guy?
__________________
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.......
Thomas Jefferson
tonyparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 23:31   #213
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg17 View Post
Just make sure your not telling tall tales, that case in CA, the man said he was an army ranger, he never was a ranger and was never even overseas. Also why do you need a manual safety, just dont keep a round in the chamber
So you are saying that the guy(Wallin Reed) that killed one guy with the AR15 and shot the others was never an Army Ranger? That really shows he had some issues.. I would have plead mental instability in that one but if the kids had not stolen the lights the events would have not happened. His gun was legal but he may not have been.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 10-22-2013 at 23:51..
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 23:52   #214
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 18,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
What's the difference between a bad guy and a big animal? Do you think you'll have more time with the bad guy?
I go by the 21 foot rule and I think it still applies today even though the rule has been around for many years. I think an animal is better than a bad guy..much more predictable.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:03   #215
Parausa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KY
Posts: 239
Hi. You can have this done by Alex Hamilton at Ten-Ring Precision in San Antonio TX. He has done a beautiful job an all 4 of my Glock pistols. You can find him on the web at ten-ringprecision.com
Parausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:23   #216
tager
Senior Member
 
tager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
What's the difference between a bad guy and a big animal? Do you think you'll have more time with the bad guy?
I have yet to see an armed animal.

Last edited by tager; 10-23-2013 at 06:24..
tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:40   #217
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra9 View Post
All these pages of comment, and hardly anyone has answered the OP.
There's good reason for that, as not many people would install it on the Glock they just paid $500 for.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:08   #218
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty
 
happyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: You can't get here from there!
Posts: 15,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
There's good reason for that, as not many people would install it on the Glock they just paid $500 for.
Another reason is most people don't have any first hand experience with it, myself included.

Regards,
Happyguy
__________________
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26   #219
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 95,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Another reason is most people don't have any first hand experience with it, myself included.

Regards,
Happyguy
exactly...
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:19   #220
Sierra9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
What's the difference between a bad guy and a big animal? Do you think you'll have more time with the bad guy?
You have no idea how and for what I use the G26 and used the G29, and I ain't entering that slug-fest, just tried to answer the OP as someone who has actually installed and used it. Bye
Sierra9 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:23.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 954
294 Members
660 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31