SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:08   #181
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
You mean the guy that called us all foolish liberals?
You're right, he was way out of line. However, there are smarter ways to deal with a name caller than calling him a bad name.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 10-21-2013 at 12:12..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:11   #182
tager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post

That being said, both my G27 and G30 have the factory smooth triggers.
Afternoon Bucky

So you removed the Target Trigger & added a COMBAT trigger says the prosecuting attorney. Who do you think you are, Rambo?

Honestly I think they would go after anything they could if given a chance. If your gun was completely stock with no modifications then the prosecuting side would go after your gun type, or your bullet choice (why would a reasonable person have any reason to use a killer bullet with a huge hollow point that expands & causes massive internal damage?). Or the type of flashlight you carried, or the type of vehicle you drive, or you get the idea.

This is where your (good) defense attorney comes in to poke large holes in the prosecution's "fishing for" stories.

To tell you the truth, personally, I worry more about my military combat past coming up at a trial than anything I would do to modify my carry weapon.

I am old so my old eye sight needs good sights to see the darn things, my arthritis fingers need a trigger pull I can use effectively, so my personal take is--if I modify my gun to fit my physical limitations I just can't see a jury buying into the modifications were to make the gun more deadly or whatever they are fishing for.

I see it a lot like a vehicle modified for a handicapped person. There is just no way the modified vehicle wouldn't come up at trial but if the accident was because the other person illegally turned in front of the handicapped vehicle I just can't see it effecting the outcome.
tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:12   #183
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
He asked for our opinion we gave him our opinion. It's that simple!!!
Actually, he didn't ask for anyone's opinion. His posts simply asked if anyone had it done and if so, by whom.

I've not had it done, but I've seen the key device installed with the backplate replaced. Been curious about it myself.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:17   #184
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
Afternoon Bucky

So you removed the Target Trigger & added a COMBAT trigger says the prosecuting attorney. Who do you think you are, Rambo?
Yep, anything can come in to play, which is asinine. I remember the defense pointed out that the gun didn't have a safety, just like the sheriff's gun in the court, and it was loaded will full mag + 1, just like the police / sheriff / bailiff / etc.

Kind of off topic, that stupid "target trigger" was only added for import points. I wonder if, now that they are making the guns here, if the smaller guns will start coming with the "normal" trigger.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:50   #185
SCmasterblaster

And modern Glocks have a loaded chamber indicator as well - the extractor sticks out a little.
Old 10-21-2013, 13:08   #186
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athink3r View Post
I know that playing the grammar police always makes one look like an ass, but you said "their junk" twice already. I believe that you meant "they're junk".

Stay in school boys and girls!
And you get the grammar police award of the week. Just so you know I'm on a iPhone. Sometimes my iPhone writes what it wants.
Old 10-21-2013, 13:16   #187
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post

And you get the grammar police award of the week. Just so you know I'm on a iPhone. Sometimes my iPhone writes what it wants.
Autocomplete signals the doom of Western civilization.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 15:18   #188
hunter1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
Glock did offer models with an external manual safety. Not sure if there are any here in the USA or if they still come from the factory for anybody anymore but Glock did make them for the Tasmanian police at one point.

Here is a photo from Glock. Not sure how long ago this was but it was posted on here a few years ago.

General Glocking
That doesn't look like it would be too hard for a gunsmith to fab
Old 10-21-2013, 15:22   #189
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1111 View Post
That doesn't look like it would be too hard for a gunsmith to fab
Oh the humanity!

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

Old 10-21-2013, 15:34   #190
tager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaLEOjd View Post
General Glocking

Oh, that looks like a winner. So close & so similar to the mag release.

Bet a lot users dropped the mag out when they thought they were using the safety button.
Old 10-21-2013, 15:59   #191
tonyparson

Quote:

Bet a lot users dropped the mag out when they thought they were using the safety button.
I thought the same thing when I first saw the ad.
Old 10-21-2013, 16:21   #192
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:

Except you can have it on safe when it is protruding from the right side of the frame where there is no possibility of pressing the magazine release.

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 10-22-2013, 07:22   #193
jcrow

Maybe you guys could help me since you know so much. Why does my clip fall out every time I push the little safety button on the side? And which trigger makes the gun shoot, the big one or the little one inside it?

Wait for it.....wait for it.....
jcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:26   #194
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Maybe you guys could help me since you know so much. Why does my clip fall out every time I push the little safety button on the side? And which trigger makes the gun shoot, the big one or the little one inside it?

Wait for it.....wait for it.....
I would explain it to you but...it's complicated.

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 10-22-2013, 08:17   #195
tager

Quote:

Sounds like a fair question from a newbie so try reading the manual that came with your gun.

If you are still confused after reading the manual then you may have to seek help from a more experienced shooter or an experienced instructor.

Good luck in figuring it out.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01   #196
jcrow

Quote:
Sounds like a fair question from a newbie so try reading the manual that came with your gun.

If you are still confused after reading the manual then you may have to seek help from a more experienced shooter or an experienced instructor.

Good luck in figuring it out.
Wow. Uh, thanks. 😂
Old 10-22-2013, 10:08   #197
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Wow. Uh, thanks. 😂
Just give it another 5 years and you won't be a noob anymore.

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 10-22-2013, 10:31   #198
jcrow

To answer the op....yes someone here has done that, but not me.

Make sure if you are going to modify platforms, holsters, etc, or even switch between the two that you train correctly. There was a video of a guy shooting himself in the leg with a 1911 bc he switched holsters but didn't turn the page mentally. He was initially drawing from a safari land holster with a thumbswitch release and then switched to a serpa cqc. When he drew from the serpa, his muscle memory hit the thumb switch that wasn't there (he thumbed off the safety a little earlier than he was used to) and his finger slipped off the serpa release into the trigger guard. It went into his thigh and exited his calf.
My point is ( my preference, not yours) that I like to have my glocks operate the same. I don't want to have to remember which one has a safety and which one doesn't in the heat of the moment.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:42   #199
jcrow

I think this is it.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52   #200
Glotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Its all about keeping balance in the discussion. You know, you imply its foolish to spend money on a mod that ruins a Glock (post #170) and I offer a different point of view from Maas Ayoob..
The difference between you and Mas being that he's an expert and you have no idea what you're talking about.

You form and offer an opinion without having the requisite knowledge. Mas, and other people who don't wish to look like idiots, do not. Your argument about a 1911 (or any other pistol) not needing a safety if a Glock doesn't need one is a great example. You didn't know the basic operation of either firearm (if you did you would understand why the 1911 requires an external safety and why a Glock does not) yet you spouted off anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote