Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:54   #1
Sportsfame18

belt comparison

I always here about how great beltman belts are, but I was wanting to know how good the aker b21 belt is compared to it? I've decided to go with leather for ccw as it just looks more casual and the aker is alot more cheaper.
Thanks
Old 10-17-2013, 08:49   #2
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

I do not know about the Aker but like many things better costs more.
I really like my Beltman belts.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:03   #3
dosei

The Aker B21 would be stiffer than an unreinforced beltman. The beltman uses higher quality leather, resulting in a belt that is more durable as well as attractive. A reinforced bullhide beltman would be a little stiffer than the B21, and should easily outlast the B21 by a good margin. A reinforced horsehide beltman would be a LOT stiffer than the B21, and may well outlast the person who buys it.

Which is best for you...depends on how stiff you like your belts.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:11   #4
ranger1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post
The Aker B21 would be stiffer than an unreinforced beltman. The beltman uses higher quality leather, resulting in a belt that is more durable as well as attractive. A reinforced bullhide beltman would be a little stiffer than the B21, and should easily outlast the B21 by a good margin. A reinforced horsehide beltman would be a LOT stiffer than the B21, and may well outlast the person who buys it.

This is a pretty good assessment of the two products;

Get the Beltman, and you will never look back.
ranger1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:44   #5
Sportsfame18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosei View Post

I have never had a true stiff belt before so I wouldn't know lol
Old 10-20-2013, 06:04   #6
fortheboys

I bought one of those Aker belts a couple of years back. It started to wear fast on the certain spots I kept my gear on. Not impressed.
I have a belt from Rafter gunleather that I bought several years ago. It is still going strong. I am going to purchase from the beltman shortly.
fortheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 19:48   #7
R*E

I just received a horsehide belt from Beltman a couple of weeks ago. The quality of leather and workmanship is outstanding. It's much too soon to know how it will hold up but I have a favorable first impression.
R*E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:31   #8
SCmasterblaster

The next time that I need a belt, I'll likely buy one from the Beltman.
Old 10-25-2013, 20:40   #9
sig83

I have a Beltman as well. It lasted me about 4 years. When I say lasted, it will no longer support the weight of a full size 1911 OWB. So now the Beltman is on Glock duty. But to be fair, it was the only belt I wore for 4 years, every single day. It has stretched about an inch and is almost as flimsy as a walmart belt now.

Currently I am using a AG Gunleather belt, which is stiff as hell and supports my 45 perfectly. Ask me in 4 years about it

I plan to order a CompTac belt with the stiffener in it just to see how it is.
sig83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 20:58   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

I have used the Aker belt. mI only used it for competition and it didn't last all that long. The stiffener between layers will wear out any belt. Hoowever, the Aker is a lot cheaper and I can buy one and walk out of the store with it, instead of waiting.

Now I don't use stiffener lined belts or bellts with stitched layers. A single thickness of thick leather is the best way to get a durable belt and I can make those for myself all day long, since I started making leather stuff.

Last edited by Bren; 10-25-2013 at 20:59..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 20:24   #11
iron medic
My Little Men!

I just bought a new 5.11 reinforced belt and have been very impressed with it. Springfield TRP in a galco combat master, spare mag, and surefire.
iron medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 20:43   #12
Nickanto

I've got one coming from Zachs gun belts coming this week. From what I've seen and read, I shouldn't be disappointed
Nickanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 13:01   #13
PuroMexicano
VIVA MEXICO !!!

8 years with my BELTMAN belts, had to buy new ones because of size. Old ones are like new.

I love my new ones, as good as ever.
Quote:
I once didn't kill a mountain lion by hand when it tried to stare me down...once.
Quote:
Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.:rofl::rofl:
PuroMexicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 13:07   #14
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig83 View Post
I plan to order a CompTac belt with the stiffener in it just to see how it is.
I've had mine for a year, and aside from getting fat, I hope to never have to replace it.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote