GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47   #176
mhambi
Hegemon
 
mhambi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Phlegethon
Posts: 22,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post


Do you even lift?
Every other day. Still pasty-scandinavian white.
__________________
Where nameless men by nameless rivers wander, and in strange valleys die strange deaths alone.
mhambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48   #177
droidfire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: All over, United States.
Posts: 1,979
I eat a ton of garbage - fast food out the wazoo, pounds of sugar per week, lots of candy and i am a sucker for noodles and pasta. I like red meat, and eat raw meat a lot too.

I have consigned myself to the fate of never being any more then maybe 130 pounds tops. I just can't gain weight to save my life, so discussions like this are entertaining to me.
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:52   #178
smokeross
GTDS Member #49
 
smokeross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
The proper response is I may be fat but you are ugly and I can loose weight. Ugly applies to more than physical looks.
No, it goes like this. "beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone"
__________________
Originally Posted by GTFor died instantly because his lungs froze from breathing in Arctic air.
Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.
smokeross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54   #179
smokeross
GTDS Member #49
 
smokeross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post
Here's another photo she posted on her Facebook page.

I would tap that 100 ways from Sunday...
Guess I should send her a friend request.
__________________
Originally Posted by GTFor died instantly because his lungs froze from breathing in Arctic air.
Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.
smokeross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:55   #180
ChuteTheMall
What Difference
 
ChuteTheMall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Sinkholeville
Posts: 57,369


Quote:
Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
Every other day. Still pasty-scandinavian white.
Maybe you need to go outside and play.....


The Okie Corral


Take a hike!!!!


ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:58   #181
smokeross
GTDS Member #49
 
smokeross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That's not what I'm saying. Would the world be better off if everyone was 6'4"? If so why isn't everyone 6"4"? Should people who are 6"4" brag about being the perfect height and get to look down at everyone else? After all, if you had the discipline you would be 6'4" too. It's the same absurd argument. Our phenotype is genetically determined. It's not a matter of discipline or hard work. It's nothing to brag about or lord over people who don't conform to your prejudice.
I'm calling bull hunky here. Just look at photos from a generation or 2 ago. Hardly any fatties in them. Now you rarely see anything but fatties.
BTW, I'm only 6'2", but I'm working on it.
__________________
Originally Posted by GTFor died instantly because his lungs froze from breathing in Arctic air.
Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.

Last edited by smokeross; 10-17-2013 at 11:58..
smokeross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:58   #182
Syclone0538
Senior Member
 
Syclone0538's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidfire View Post
I eat a ton of garbage - fast food out the wazoo, pounds of sugar per week, lots of candy and i am a sucker for noodles and pasta. I like red meat, and eat raw meat a lot too.

I have consigned myself to the fate of never being any more then maybe 130 pounds tops. I just can't gain weight to save my life, so discussions like this are entertaining to me.
I weighed 155 from high school to about 30, then I gained about 15 lbs in like 2 months, without changing anything.

I don't know how old you are, but don't count on it lasting forever.
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:01   #183
audiomechanic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
I'm calling bull hunky here. Just look at photos from a generation or 2 ago. Hardly any fatties in them. Now you rarely see anything but fatties.
BTW, I'm only 6'2", but I'm working on it.
Yep. Diet. No body exercized back then. Exercizing on purpose is a fairly recent phenominon.

Sent from my orifice
audiomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:01   #184
droidfire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: All over, United States.
Posts: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone0538 View Post
I weighed 155 from high school to about 30, then I gained about 15 lbs in like 2 months, without changing anything.

I don't know how old you are, but don't count on it lasting forever.
In my 30's, been waiting for this change to happen with baited, sugary breath and been disappointed so far. Doc says i am some 20 pounds under weight, so that would be most welcome. unfortunately, still disappointed.
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:09   #185
smokeross
GTDS Member #49
 
smokeross's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 4,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomechanic View Post
Yep. Diet. No body exercized back then. Exercizing on purpose is a fairly recent phenominon.

Sent from my orifice
I think most people generally worked harder though, and had less leisure time. TV hasn't helped things either.
__________________
Originally Posted by GTFor died instantly because his lungs froze from breathing in Arctic air.
Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.
smokeross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:10   #186
mhambi
Hegemon
 
mhambi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Phlegethon
Posts: 22,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Maybe you need to go outside and play.....


The Okie Corral


Take a hike!!!!




Dead sexy!
__________________
Where nameless men by nameless rivers wander, and in strange valleys die strange deaths alone.
mhambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:11   #187
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor
 
Santa CruZin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Dixie
Posts: 21,709


Quote:
Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
Every other day. Still pasty-scandinavian white.
Do you expect lifting to make you tan?
__________________
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Last edited by Santa CruZin; 10-17-2013 at 13:42..
Santa CruZin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 13:04   #188
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
I'm calling bull hunky here. Just look at photos from a generation or 2 ago. Hardly any fatties in them. Now you rarely see anything but fatties.
BTW, I'm only 6'2", but I'm working on it.
Good luck.Keep after it.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 13:34   #189
racerford
Senior Member
 
racerford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DFW area
Posts: 4,871


Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Many of them do quite well and are happier than the people in the U.S. A team will always outperform an individual.
Provide proof.

Get a team of 12 cup stackers, all must stack an share of the cups.

Put them up against a world class cup stacker, with an equal number of total cups. See which one wins.

Some competitions are solitary.

Getting 9 women pregnant doesn't get you a baby in one month. It might get you killed, but it doesn't make the baby come in a month.

I am not aware of any functioning large scale society where there is no competition, please provide cites.

You cited several revolutions that were supposed to be examples of losers changing the rules. The fact that the revolution succeeded is evidence that those people that changed the rules were the winners. They "won" the revolution, so they were able to change away from the existing monarchy. A very poor example.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 14:02   #190
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,587
Blog Entries: 1


Never argue with a...

Sent from Tapatalk 2 on my Obama phone
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 14:57   #191
PBCounty
Senior Member
 
PBCounty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
Posts: 16,290
Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
The message I am getting here is that *someone* hasn't gotten much attention from hot chicks during his life.
__________________
Fleece it out, dinkin' flicka.
PBCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:04   #192
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You don't see any vanity of condescension in Ms Kang's statement? Her message is that if the rest of you were as worthy as me you would be as beautiful as me.
No, I take it as a friendly motivational statement.

“If I can do it, anyone can”
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:12   #193
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
No, I take it as a friendly motivational statement.

“If I can do it, anyone can”
Which is, as usual, met by the lifelong victim's cry: "No I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't!"
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:16   #194
hpracing007
Senior Member
 
hpracing007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,902
Seems there are more victims these days, which makes it much easier to be better than average if you would just try.

Last edited by hpracing007; 10-17-2013 at 15:17..
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:22   #195
PBCounty
Senior Member
 
PBCounty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Palm Beach County, FL
Posts: 16,290
Send a message via AIM to PBCounty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
Seems there are more victims these days, which makes it much easier to be better than average if you would just try.
It takes such little effort to stand out these days that it's disturbing.
__________________
Fleece it out, dinkin' flicka.
PBCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:22   #196
Adjuster
Senior Member
 
Adjuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ft. Lauderdale FL
Posts: 9,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidfire View Post
In my 30's, been waiting for this change to happen with baited, sugary breath and been disappointed so far. Doc says i am some 20 pounds under weight, so that would be most welcome. unfortunately, still disappointed.

I was always called skinny and lanky. 6'2" 155 lbs.. At about 35 I got a little belly on me. Since then the rest of me has filled out. Still 6'2" but now 215 lbs.. I would really like to see 185-190lbs. again.


/
Adjuster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:44   #197
The Fist Of Goodness
Senior Member
 
The Fist Of Goodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Falling into Crime's Dinner Party.
Posts: 2,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
I'm calling bull hunky here. Just look at photos from a generation or 2 ago. Hardly any fatties in them. Now you rarely see anything but fatties.
BTW, I'm only 6'2", but I'm working on it.
I have my grandfather's discharge papers from WWII. He was 5'10, 125 lbs at age 26. At 25, I had 4 inches and 80 lbs on him after 6 months of training at FLETC. I was in good shape.

I think the fact that he grew up during the depression, and really knew what hunger was, had something to do with the difference.

I also think that while there are a lot of unhealthy fat people in America, the word obese may be overused. A friend of mine is 52, 6'5 and 285 lbs. He has been a weight lifter for 30 years, and works out like a fiend. Every year, at his annual physical, he is deemed obese by some standard :confused:

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Don't forget that everything we know is being filtered through the media which is like playing a game of telephone with mentally challenged people in the middle.
The Fist Of Goodness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 15:55   #198
ignantmike
Senior Member
 
ignantmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,293
smoking hot right there............and no excuses
__________________
rimfire club member #504
ignantmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 16:23   #199
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,873


Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Really? Then what happened to Louis XVI, Nicholas II, William II? I'm pretty sure those on the loosing end of society changed the rules. How did Obama get reelected? I'm pretty sure it was by people that many in here would call losers demanding a change in the rules so they could stop losing and start wining. As Bob Dylan said,



Of course you will insist that the current rules are sacred and changing them will cause unmitigated disaster for everyone. That's always the argument and it always fails. The rules have been in constant change since we first walked upright. They'll still be changing when no one remembers our names.
You don't even know how to identify the winners and losers in the game of life.

If you are the King, then a group of people come and chop your head of...you are the loser.

Winners make the rules, it cant work any other way. There is nothing that says the title of "winner" cant be a fluid thing. It doesn't have to be good, bad, evil or right. It is just the entity that makes the rules. Sometimes it is a horrid entity.

If you are bichin' about the rules, you are not the winner. Again, this isn't a right or wrong issue. This is a factual condition issue.

Besides not being able to form a cogent though, it seems as though your delusions extend to how you are sure other people must feel so as to prove your point. Once again, you are wrong an in a great irony, demonstrate you understand the concept I am trying to teach you, but are trying to claim it as your own, after the fact.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 10-17-2013 at 16:25..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 17:02   #200
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)
 
Cavalry Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 41,184


Forkin WOW.

Barry has just about nothing to do with this thread. Get the to GTPI.

She's accomplished something she is proud of. The fact is that if you live right, you will look better than if you are lazy and give into your normal impulses. Humans are designed to like the taste of carbs and fat. They are high density sources of energy. In times of plenty, genetic predispositions that are designed to survive times of famine, don't do so well. Obesity, diabetes, fatty liver infiltration, atherosclerosis, I could go on, but that's enough for now.

If you eat right, exercise, and pay attention to your weight and your caloric intake, you can do better than if you don't.

I walked over 15 miles in the last week with my wife and dogs. She walked over 22 miles. She went gluten free, I am gluten free at home. She is dairy free, I am dairy free at home. In the last few months, I went from a 38+ waist to a 34-. She went from a size 14 to a size 6-8. I'm suffering though this change, and her feeling frisky has cut into my GT posting time quite a bit.

The whole point is, it may be easy to eat and rest according to your urges, but it might be a lot more fun to try a different lifestyle. I'm smiling a LOT. Do whatever you want, but try not to whine about the results of bad choices.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 745
208 Members
537 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42