Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-16-2013, 14:29   #101
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Mainstream society/media is trying to push fat, gay,and stupid as the new norms. Welcome to the new America where if you are against or the opposite of either of the three above, you are discriminatory and should be shamed.
you mean they want more democrats?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 14:34   #102
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
Fat women going to hate, oh it's my genetics or some other excuse.
Your phenotype is genetic. You can modify it some, but not much. There are women in this world who would be larger than Ms. Kang if they were anorexic. There are some who would be thinner no matter what they did. Ms. Kang is showing off. It's like posting your IQ scores or posting pictures of your genitalia. That would obviously be in bad taste. So is bragging about the body she was born with. So is shaming people who weren't born like you.

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 14:40   #103
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
Your phenotype is genetic. You can modify it some, but not much. There are women in this world who would be larger than Ms. Kang if they were anorexic. There are some who would be thinner no matter what they did. Ms. Kang is showing off. It's like posting your IQ scores or posting pictures of your genitalia. That would obviously be in bad taste. So is bragging about the body she was born with. So is shaming people who weren't born like you.
do you think she had to work at it to get back in shape after three kids born one year apart?

so she is bragging about her personal accomplishment, a lot like a football player after they make a touch down or a baseball player after they hit a home run.... or is that showing off and shaming people sitting on the couch watching them do it?

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 10-16-2013 at 14:41..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:00   #104
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Are you a pinko commie that voted for Obama? You sound like one of those "everybody should win" types.

Your position is that she's simply showing off when what she is actually doing is making a living off of her hard work. You demonize her for her appearance in an effort to avoid making people feel bad about theirs. You're no better than the people who make fun of fat people, in fact, you're just as bad as them.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realize just how foolish you sound. Ms Kang was not born like that, she works very hard to have that body, just like just about every other ripped and in shape person out there. You can lie to yourself to make you feel better about your own short comings but that doesn't change the fact that being in great shape takes hard work and dedication. It does come easier for some people more than others but it still takes hard work.

Just because fat people get offended doesn't mean she should be hiding her body.

Last edited by DaleGribble; 10-16-2013 at 15:22..
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:07   #105
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Ms. Kang was not born with the body in that pic. She might have been born with a good foundation, but she worked for what she's showing off with pure tenacity and discipline. NO ONE is handed her results by simply being born.
Old 10-16-2013, 15:10   #106
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
As usual, bull. Sure, some people have to work harder to maintain a high level of fitness, but the number of people who actually can't due to a glandular problem (or whatever) is incredibly slim.

Lazy is the problem, not genetics.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:21   #107
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post

Lazy is the problem, not genetics.
And we have a winner!
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:21   #108
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Do you really think the world would be a better place if everyone was exactly equal?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:28   #109
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

There's also the concept of showing others what can be done as an inspirational tool. Should those who really achieve hide their accomplishments? Should we dissolve all sports? Academia ranking?
Old 10-16-2013, 15:40   #110
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

My wife has been into fitness her entire life. Yes, people can be petty about others hard work.

As above, others can be inspired by it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?

Last edited by TBO; 10-16-2013 at 15:41..
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 15:48   #111
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Fat chicks and/or ugly chicks will hate attractive chicks. It's the law of nature.
Old 10-16-2013, 16:06   #112
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Do you really think the world would be a better place if everyone was exactly equal?
That's not what I'm saying. Would the world be better off if everyone was 6'4"? If so why isn't everyone 6"4"? Should people who are 6"4" brag about being the perfect height and get to look down at everyone else? After all, if you had the discipline you would be 6'4" too. It's the same absurd argument. Our phenotype is genetically determined. It's not a matter of discipline or hard work. It's nothing to brag about or lord over people who don't conform to your prejudice.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-16-2013, 16:06   #113
s&wfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Fat chicks and/or ugly chicks will hate attractive chicks. It's the law of nature.
And you know who will hate hot chicks more than ugly chicks and fat chicks will? Other hot chicks.
s&wfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:13   #114
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
That's not what I'm saying. Would the world be better off if everyone was 6'4"? If so why isn't everyone 6"4"? Should people who are 6"4" brag about being the perfect height and get to look down at everyone else? After all, if you had the discipline you would be 6'4" too. It's the same absurd argument. Our phenotype is genetically determined. It's not a matter of discipline or hard work. It's nothing to brag about or lord over people who don't conform to your prejudice.
This is absurd. People have strengths and weaknesses. They can just as easily screw them up as excel.

Even if you take steroids all day in massive doses, you wont look like a body builder if you don't bust your ass.

Honing a gift is what a person should do. It is the absolute best choice for most everyone. If the succeed, well, suck it. They get to play the game how they want.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:19   #115
Altaris

Quote:

Not a good comparison.
Hard work with your diet and hard work in the gym won't make you grow taller. It can get you in great shape though.

My roommate in college was 360lbs....I was 180lbs. We ate the same crazy amount and type of food everyday as well. The difference was that I went to the gym 2+hrs every single day, and he never went.
He would on occasion throw out a joking complaint of, "you suck that you can eat that whole large pizza, yet you look like that". Though he knew exactly why that was the case.
Sure, his parents were huge and his genetics were probably not great, so maybe he wouldn't be a fitness model, but he didn't even put forth an effort to try.
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:22   #116
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Wow, that's dumb.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:25   #117
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

Quote:
So leading by example and challenging others is non sequitur?
Old 10-16-2013, 16:33   #118
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
I don't buy that at all. Fat people are fat because they eat too much.

Anyone who believes otherwise is living in denial.

Add some exercise and ANY able woman can be fit and healthy. Difficult for the physically handicaped to be fit, but other than that, only excuses.

As the fit woman says, "What's your excuse?"

Old 10-16-2013, 16:42   #119
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
I don't buy that at all. Fat people are fat because they eat too much.

Anyone who believes otherwise is living in denial.

Add some exercise and ANY able woman can be fit and healthy. Difficult for the physically handicaped to be fit, but other than that, only excuses.

As the fit woman says, "What's your excuse?"

Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:47   #120
hpracing007

If these fat hateful women would just use their Internet for info on proper exercise and diet info instead of hating a thinner women, they could be thin as well.

Last edited by hpracing007; 10-16-2013 at 16:48..
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:55   #121
BradD

LOL muscogee, I'm about halfway between the other guys and you. Genetics definitely play a big role in how easy it is to keep fat off. I don't know which plays a bigger role, genetics or diligent work, but my guess is they're about equally as influential. Can't prove it, though.

Romans 3:23 -> 6:23 -> 5:8 -> 10:9 -> 10:13

An Excellent Gospel Presentation

Last edited by BradD; 10-16-2013 at 16:57..
BradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 16:58   #122
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
It is often not the amount of food, but the quality of it. Next time you're there, observe what fat families have in their shopping carts at the supermarket. HH
I could have just looked in my own shopping cart a few months ago

I'm not immune to being fat. Neither is my wife. But we are trying to do something about it. So I'm inspired by people who actually make good choices with diet and work hard to exercise.

I certainly believe that some foods make you hungrier than other foods. Fast foods, fast to spike your blood sugar, fast to put on fat, and fast to make you hungry again.

Go paleo! Or at least more veggies and fruits. Less bread, less chips, less soda, less snackcakes, less cookies, all the way down to zero on that stuff if needed Replace with veggies and meat for the meals, and fruits for the snacks, and drink only water.

I'm typing this to myself, too. Gotta stay away from the donut capital of the world, Dennis MA

Old 10-16-2013, 17:00   #123
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
This is absurd. People have strengths and weaknesses. They can just as easily screw them up as excel.

Even if you take steroids all day in massive doses, you wont look like a body builder if you don't bust your ass.

Honing a gift is what a person should do. It is the absolute best choice for most everyone. If the succeed, well, suck it. They get to play the game how they want.
I agree. I don't know where you got the idea that I felt everyone should be alike. We should all be what we are and not be shamed for it.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-16-2013, 17:01   #124
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Wow, that's dumb.
It's absurd.

Leona Helmsley
Old 10-16-2013, 17:02   #125
muscogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Not a good comparison.
Hard work with your diet and hard work in the gym won't make you grow taller. It can get you in great shape though.

My roommate in college was 360lbs....I was 180lbs. We ate the same crazy amount and type of food everyday as well. The difference was that I went to the gym 2+hrs every single day, and he never went.
He would on occasion throw out a joking complaint of, "you suck that you can eat that whole large pizza, yet you look like that". Though he knew exactly why that was the case.
Sure, his parents were huge and his genetics were probably not great, so maybe he wouldn't be a fitness model, but he didn't even put forth an effort to try.
We can all get in shape, but all women can't look like the one in the picture.

Leona Helmsley