SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2013, 22:38   #81
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

I quit drinking about five minutes ago. Ran out of cold beer, didn't feel like hooking up the keg, and want to ride tomorrow.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 22:54   #82
390ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommieforniaGlocker View Post
Thread title:

"who here is boring"
That's good.

I gave up drinking about two years ago. I do think I am (more) boring now. Oh, well.
390ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 23:10   #83
Nemesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Back when there was not a purification process for water, drinking water could make you quite ill.
Not so. In John 4, Jesus was at Jacob's well, getting water. When Abraham cast out Hagar and Ishmael, he gave them water.

They were accustomed to the water. I've been in countries where I couldn't drink the water, but the natives could.

They also drank alcoholic beverages for recreational purposes. Deuteronomy 14, Moses tells them when they reached their intended destination, to buy wine and strong drink.

It was a part of their culture, and from all I read, did so with God's approval. (Cf Proverbs 31)
Nemesis. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 23:21   #84
KommieforniaGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30SF/F-250 View Post
Restless28,

Do you have anything to add to this?

Do you want to "call him out" on anything else?
It's okay I don't mind folks calling me out any constructive criticism I take. Unless they are meanies and hurt my feelings, then I won't know what to do if some one on glocktalk does not like me.
KommieforniaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 00:04   #85
F350

Who me???

Never drink to excess, only drink top shelf

Last edited by F350; 06-08-2014 at 15:22..
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 00:16   #86
KommieforniaGlocker

Cos I'm TNT,
I'm dynamite
TNT
And I'll win the fight
TNT
I'm a power load
TNT
Watch me explode!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:54   #87
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis. View Post
Not so. In John 4, Jesus was at Jacob's well, getting water. When Abraham cast out Hagar and Ishmael, he gave them water.

They were accustomed to the water. I've been in countries where I couldn't drink the water, but the natives could.

They also drank alcoholic beverages for recreational purposes. Deuteronomy 14, Moses tells them when they reached their intended destination, to buy wine and strong drink.

It was a part of their culture, and from all I read, did so with God's approval. (Cf Proverbs 31)
I didn't say there wasn't sources of safe water, or that they never drank water. Of course they did, you'd have to be an idiot to suggest otherwise. I highly doubt water was drinkable in all areas of the country, or that there was ever a situation where they didn't find themselves in a situation w/o access to drinkable water..

I'm not saying alcohol is bad.. granted, it's not for me, but.. if people want to drink, that is their business. I can understand someone saying that because of their faith, they do not drink because Christians are often judged differently than others.. ie.. "Oh look, he's a Christian and he's drinking/smoking". It's not right, as we all have flaws, Christians included. However, many Christians try not to imbibe in these activities, because they believe it kills their testimony to nonbelievers.
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:00   #88
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Cos I'm TNT,
I'm dynamite
TNT
And I'll win the fight
TNT
I'm a power load
TNT
Watch me explode!!!
if I remember right, after a night of heavy drinking, the guy that sang that ended up dead in a reneault.

Last edited by jakebrake; 10-13-2013 at 11:01..
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:09   #89
mac66
Plant the seed

I commend all of you who don't, can't or won't drink alcohol. Lots of years in law enforcement showed me the devastating effect of alcohol on families, health and wealth if you can't handle it. Some people just should not drink.

I was never much of a drinker, always was too busy, too tired, too focused on other things. No alcoholism in my family however and I have found in my retirement that I like an occasional good scotch, good wine and good craft beer. Quality over quantity, moderation in all things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:20   #90
BradD

I think I've had three or four drinks in my entire life. It was somewhat taboo in our family. As I got older, I just never took an interest. Same with my wife. That's a good thing for both of us also, because we are very all-or-nothing types, so we'd probably be high risk of over doing it.
Romans 3:23 -> 6:23 -> 5:8 -> 10:9 -> 10:13
BradD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:47   #91
Locojmc
Native Texan

I quit drinking Feb 2013 for health reasons. I am morbidly obese and had to do something about weight. It was common for me to kill a fifth of good vodka in a three to four hour period of time, but thanks to the Paleo Diet and lots of exercise I am down over 90 pounds.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:04   #92
BAILIFF
Piece Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
What are you talking about? That is bailiff.
Actually, that's me in the background.

BAILIFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:16   #93
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locojmc View Post
I quit drinking Feb 2013 for health reasons. I am morbidly obese and had to do something about weight. It was common for me to kill a fifth of good vodka in a three to four hour period of time, but thanks to the Paleo Diet and lots of exercise I am down over 90 pounds.
Good for you! Keep it up!
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:21   #94
KommieforniaGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
if I remember right, after a night of heavy drinking, the guy that sang that ended up dead in a reneault.
Thank you Debbie downer
Old 10-13-2013, 12:22   #95
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Thank you Debbie downer
think of it as a glocktalk p.s.a.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:26   #96
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

After many years in the beer industry (manufacturing, sales, marketing, distribution), and the food and beverage industry (management), and more than my share of alcoholic beverages consumed, I decided to call it quits for good.

Simply not healthy, physically or mentally. I figure I've had more than a lifetime's worth already, so might as well quit while I'm ahead. Plus, a lot of my hobbies don't mix well with drinking (guns, sports, hanging with my kids). In addition, I'm convinced that drinking makes me stupid.

Cheers!
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:37   #97
JDA58

When I first saw this I thought I would be one of a very few.. if not the ONLY one to say NO.
Pretty much gave it up 15 years ago.. Never liked the taste of beer.. and Loved Rum and Coke a little too much..
I've had a Mike's Hard Lemonade or something like that a few times over the years while sitting at camp...But my choice of poison today is having a Pepsi or a Coke
JDA58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:37   #98
Rizzo
Garbage Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30SF/F-250 View Post
Restless28,

Do you have anything to add to this?

Do you want to "call him out" on anything else?
I doubt he does; Kommie seems to be doing just fine in justifying the choices in his non-boring life.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 15:53   #99
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
So he had his issues. Why would that keep you from drinking??
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 16:17   #100
Dan_ntx

I quit for good a few years ago, and before that I had to force myself to drink beer or wine. I don't care for the taste, and it just became less fun to intentionally do something I don't like. Liquor was always a non-starter for me, it all taste the same to me and leaves me with a metallic taste in my mouth for hours after.

I was a bartender for 4-5 years back in my 20's and tried harder then... But starting at about 35 it became easier to just say "I don't drink, thanks".

Last edited by Dan_ntx; 10-13-2013 at 16:18..
Dan_ntx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken logic, definitely not certified, drinking =/= alcoholism, like watching paint dry, not gtds certified.