Old 10-12-2013, 15:35   #52
G30SF/F-250
Platinum Membership
GTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommieforniaGlocker View Post
Thread title:

"who here is boring"

He said been busy keeping the kids and wife happy, did you miss that? Probably time for you to turn off pretty woman and wipe the ********* tears from your eyes, you might be able to read better ahole.
By AJ
G30SF/F-250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 15:42   #53
TK-421

Quote:
Why do you guys hate 'Murica?

Jack Daniels is American
So is Ted Bundy.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 15:55   #54
goosem36
Lifetime Membership

Drinking consumed double the amount of time that I ever put into it and is about economical as drinking fancy coffee. Pay $5 and piss it away. That's my take.
“He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; Then it was well. Is not that what it means to know Me?” Declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 22:16
goosem36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 15:57   #55
KommieforniaGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosem36 View Post
Drinking consumed double the amount of time that I ever put into it and is about economical as drinking fancy coffee. Pay $5 and piss it away. That's my take.
They sell booze at dollar tree cheap skate
KommieforniaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 16:21   #56
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I don't drink. I haven't for many years.

Why?

Far too many reasons not to and no good ones to justify it.

Old 10-12-2013, 16:25   #57
clancy

Having tended bar off and on for years I have often been amused and sometimes scared as hell from the effects alcohol have on some people. From women stripping and dancing on the bar, a woman who got upset at her boyfriend because he was talking to another woman so she slashed her wrists with a broken beer glass, brutal fistfights(and a couple stabbings) over something as stupid as who had the next quarter up at the pool table.

I have seen 2 shootings, 1 by a drunken off duty NYC cop who didn't like the country music being played on the juke box so he shot it, and another by another off duty cop who, after spending the night hitting the bars looking for his ex-girlfriend, shot her in the bar and then chased her into the parking lot where he finished her off.

When I last tended bar, back in '98, I swore I would never go back to it. Life circumstances have brought me back to it, as I haven't been able to find anything else, and it isn't for a lack of looking. In the past 5 months I have been doing it, I haven't even had a really bad argument, let alone a fistfight in the bar I work at.

I am off to work, and hope to hell things stay the way they have these past months.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 16:29   #58
JMS

Alcohol isn't good or bad, nor is a gun. It's all about who's hands it is in. I drink once in a blue moon, maybe a beer or two or maybe a 1/2 dozen shots, it's not something I need to do nor think about when I'm not doing it.

Seems like whenever a thread like this comes up you have the people who can drink in moderation or those that are completely against it because they have/had issues with it or had parents/family with issues.

JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 16:46   #59
BAILIFF
Piece Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post
The only thing I miss about drinking is bar fluzzies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
The Okie Corral

BAILIFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:02   #60
KommieforniaGlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILIFF View Post
The Okie Corral

Bailiff, you know you would hit that, if you were liquored up.
KommieforniaGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:05   #61
Jake514

Send a message via Yahoo to Jake514
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Having tended bar off and on for years I have often been amused and sometimes scared as hell from the effects alcohol have on some people. From women stripping and dancing on the bar, a woman who got upset at her boyfriend because he was talking to another woman so she slashed her wrists with a broken beer glass, brutal fistfights(and a couple stabbings) over something as stupid as who had the next quarter up at the pool table.

I have seen 2 shootings, 1 by a drunken off duty NYC cop who didn't like the country music being played on the juke box so he shot it, and another by another off duty cop who, after spending the night hitting the bars looking for his ex-girlfriend, shot her in the bar and then chased her into the parking lot where he finished her off.

When I last tended bar, back in '98, I swore I would never go back to it. Life circumstances have brought me back to it, as I haven't been able to find anything else, and it isn't for a lack of looking. In the past 5 months I have been doing it, I haven't even had a really bad argument, let alone a fistfight in the bar I work at.

I am off to work, and hope to hell things stay the way they have these past months.
Even in a poor economy there will always be a need for bartenders. People will find a way to drink.

I unofficially tended bar when the bar owner would rather sit on the other side of the bar. It was a very rough and hard drinking, blue collar bar but for decades the owner always would handle his own bar problems and never call the cops. That was his only rule when anyone tended bar - under no circumstances should anyone call the cops. He was a good guy and very street smart, but always said there should be a law for everyone when they turned 21 they "had to tend bar for 2 years, or until they get good and tired of it. It let's you see the true human nature of people."
Jake514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:07   #62
wrangler_dave9

I don't. The thought of getting drunk and doing stupid things with no memory afterward just isn't appealing to me. Plus I have an addictive personality, so it wouldn't take much to make me an alcoholic.

Just another day in paradise.
wrangler_dave9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:08   #63
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
I looked for an old thread that had some interesting discussion on not drinking alcohol, but it was an old one.

That being said, who here doesn't drink alcohol?

Any particular reason(s) why?
Almost 32. Only time I've ever drank alcohol, was when I had a massive chest/head cold, and a friend made me a hot totti. Never have I drank recreationally, or "to get hammered", etc.

As for reasoning?.. Well, there's several, but one of the more prevalent ones is that I come from a family of raging alcoholics (not my parents thank goodness, but their parents, aunts/uncles, etc.).. so it was just something I decided in my early teens I didn't need to mess with, and I never have.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:33   #64
briarpatch

No I dont in any way. Church forbids it.
briarpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:35   #65
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

No I do not.

I have already consumed more than my fair share.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:37   #66
tryn2hrd

I drank from age 19 until the age of 53. When i decided to quit, i quit completly im 61 now. Saw my dad from the time i was old enough to remember drink everyday, and saw the many problems it caused.
tryn2hrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 17:58   #67
bubba803

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post

I have seen 2 shootings, 1 by a drunken off duty NYC cop who didn't like the country music being played on the juke box so he shot it,

Was it playing a sad song that made him cry?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 10-12-2013, 18:01   #68
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post

............how do they explain the whole Last Supper thing??

I have a cocktail or two a day after work or wine with dinner.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 18:02   #69
Restless28

Quote:
Thread title:

"who here is boring"
Didn't you post some stuff yesterday about drinking on the job and how it was consuming your life?

Boring may be what you need.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 18:10   #70
goosem36
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
They sell booze at dollar tree cheap skate
Yes and yes
“He pled the cause of the afflicted and needy; Then it was well. Is not that what it means to know Me?” Declares the Lord. - Jeremiah 22:16
goosem36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 18:17   #71
Rizzo
Garbage Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? You'd think that by doing that, he's tacitly condoning people drinking.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 18:45   #72
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? You'd think that by doing that, he's tacitly condoning people drinking.
Back when there was not a purification process for water, drinking water could make you quite ill. Thus why people drank wine. As for the church expressly forbidding alcohol... I've never heard that.. but they certainly discourage drinking it in excess.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 19:09   #73
Tx-SIG229

gave up drinking alcohol a long time ago..
Old 10-12-2013, 19:29   #74
ddbtoth

I'll pick up the slack for all you quitters tonight.

"Thank you, but I would rather die behind the chemical sheds."
ddbtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 19:43   #75
Hellraiser

Quote:
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~ Frank Sinatra
Hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken logic, definitely not certified, drinking =/= alcoholism, like watching paint dry, not gtds certified.