Problem Solved!

Send a message via AIM to wolf19r
Wait for it..... gen5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 07-19-2013, 01:30   #52
336bl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPOff View Post
While conceivable that Glock could consider a small single stack 380 there are some things Glock will have to do before that happens.

From a technical standpoint, the polymer Glock currently uses has too much flex in it to make a pistol much smaller than the 26/27 sized pistols. Glock requires their current polymer to size ratio to maintain strength. Think in terms of a sheet of aluminum. A 1/8 inch thick piece is easy to bend, while a 3 inch piece is much harder. That is a simplified analogy, but the concept is the same.

Other manufacturers are using a reinforced polymer, H&K, Ruger, FN, S&W, XD, Kahr, etc etc. Their frames are more rigid which in turn equals a greater strength per ounce of polymer. This has allowed them to manufacture smaller frames while maintaining durability and strength. The other manufacturers above use non polymer coated magazines. This also allows the design of the frames to be smaller and thinner. Until Glock ditches the coated magazines, it will be hard for them to reduce the size of their pistols.

Glock may be able to accomplish it by using a subframe within the polymer, IE S&W, SIG. This could possibly add enough strength and rigidity to their current polymer formula.

The Glock's current iteration has basically reached it maximum design potential without changing something. They can tweak it here and there, but I wouldn't look for anything evolutionary.

This is just my opinion of course, and I am serving a grain of salt with it.
TXPO
ever seen a Kel-Tex plastic frame...
Old 07-19-2013, 02:29   #53
COYBOY

Problems

If it is like their other single stack weapon, beware, a lot of the G36's had FTF and FTE problems. Glock replaced my G36 that was 2 years old because it would not function properly after it went to the factory twice.
COYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:14   #54
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336bl View Post
ever seen a Kel-Tex plastic frame...
Have never seen a Kel-Tex frame, but have worked on Kel-Tec frames and they use a more rigid polymer also. Kel-Tec uses DuPont ST-8018 a Zytel polymer/plastic. It is considerably more rigid per ounce than the Nylon family of polymers being used by Glock. Kel-Tecs also use an aluminum sub frame to increase their overall strength.
TXPO
Certified M&P LE Armorer
www.ColdBoreCustom.com "DUMP THE HUMP"

Last edited by TexasPOff; 07-19-2013 at 04:27..
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:12   #55
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
Yeah, gonna come out with the carbine or the 1911, too?
Quite obviously. And that polymer revolver.
Old 07-20-2013, 13:49   #56
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!

Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Stomper View Post
Tell me this is a joke. Why would Glock develop an AR15 that uses their magazine. Nothing innovative or new here.
Um, because I want one?

And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
thetoastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 16:06   #57
cmzneb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
That would be perfect!!!

Since the G22 is a .40, the G40 really should be a .22!
I've been thinking that too! For a while now!!!! Still waiting for that "Glock 40" to come out
Old 07-20-2013, 16:20   #58
Boot Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
Um, because I want one?

Don't get me wrong... I want one as well. My thought was why would Glock take an existing platform, (AR15) and modify it around the Glock magazine. I would think the Austrians could come up with something better and not someone elses (Stoner) design originally designed around a rifle cartridge.
Boot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 20:15   #59
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!

Send a message via ICQ to thetoastmaster Send a message via AIM to thetoastmaster
Sure, there are new/faster/better ways to do one; and I sure would love to see a simple, rugged carbine that takes GLOCK magazines, preferably something that actually comes with low-mounted, adjustable iron sights, with a fixed ejector, a Mauser extractor, and a left-sided reciprocating bolt handle.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:25   #60
tager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoastmaster View Post
Sure, there are new/faster/better ways to do one; and I sure would love to see a simple, rugged carbine that takes GLOCK magazines, preferably something that actually comes with low-mounted, adjustable iron sights, with a fixed ejector, a Mauser extractor, and a left-sided reciprocating bolt handle.

KRISS Vector-- already takes Glock mags.

General Glocking
tager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:12   #61
thetoastmaster
NOT a sheepdog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tager View Post
KRISS Vector-- already takes Glock mags.

General Glocking
Hmmm...

MSRP at about two thousand dollars, and only available in .45 acp? Is that right?

I'll pass.

- John Steinbeck

2+2≠4!
Old 07-22-2013, 00:05   #62
onemanwolfpack
1 man wolf pack

i personally dont see why people have their panties in a bunch over a 380...im good on that, if it was available, i still wouldnt have one...with that said, i do feel as if glock needs to really hammer something home soon, they cant just sleep on their fluffy pillow of reliability forever, the rest of the pack is right on their tales in that respect. and yes i do feel they lost the race to the single stack with the XDS models...theyre gonna need another gamechanger, just like the gen 1 g17
onemanwolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 00:10   #63
onemanwolfpack
1 man wolf pack

....this just in!!!! its a revolver carbine, sunk into an AR lower and glued to a 1911 slide!
onemanwolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 00:33   #64
Made in Austria

Even if they come out with something new, you still have/ should wait at least two years till they fix all the bugs. Nothing happens in the first year because they have to gather all the information/ complaints from their customers/ free beta testers. First tests and fixes happen in the second year, if that.

No thanks, I have seen it with the introduction of the S&W shield and its mag dropping issues which took a long time till they finally fixed it. I have had problems with the first gen4 Glocks, with the beretta nano, and the first Ruger LCP's. I will never again buy a firearm shortly after its introduction. They can send me one for free to test for them along with some ammo if they want, and that's about it.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 07-22-2013 at 00:46..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23   #65
LarryNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post
Even if they come out with something new, you still have/ should wait at least two years till they fix all the bugs. Nothing happens in the first year because they have to gather all the information/ complaints from their customers/ free beta testers. First tests and fixes happen in the second year, if that.

No thanks, I have seen it with the introduction of the S&W shield and its mag dropping issues which took a long time till they finally fixed it. I have had problems with the first gen4 Glocks, with the beretta nano, and the first Ruger LCP's. I will never again buy a firearm shortly after its introduction. They can send me one for free to test for them along with some ammo if they want, and that's about it.
My late father was a mechanic when I was born and he used to say the same thing about any kind of first year new automobile. It does make sense.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:30   #66
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Austria View Post

This is sound advice, but if something really innovative comes out it's hard to resist. Plus if everyone felt this way, it would be hard for a company to introduce anything new.

I'll knock on wood now, my XDs has been flawless.
BuckyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 17:41   #67
rrrr

I would bet the next big thing in handguns is a convertible line along the concept of the Sig P250, but with better execution. For example, being able to have one frame and make it a sub, compact, or fullsize, just by changing the bottom half of the grip and the end of the recoil assembly shield on the front of the frame.

I think Glock hinted at it on their facebook page back when they were making "the big announcement" that ended up being the stupid G30s and web page. At one point, they showed a G17 and G34 and said something like which would you want? and then just kind of left it alone.

Supposedly, Wilhelm Bubits the Steyr M series, and Caracal designer is working for an unsaid manufacturer and has dropped off all internet sites for the past couple years. He is supposed to be developing something along the lines of a convertible pistol as he hinted about in various post over on Steyr club. We will see.
rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 18:53   #68
Made in Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
This is sound advice, but if something really innovative comes out it's hard to resist. Plus if everyone felt this way, it would be hard for a company to introduce anything new.

I'll knock on wood now, my XDs has been flawless.
Oh yes, I still have a hard time to resist new stuff. But it's getting better. I just spent too much time and money on ammo to see if it has been fixed, on shipping costs, and of course it sometimes caused headaches. I purchased a Ruger SR1911 shortly after it hit the market, I had never any problems with that gun, it's a very nice and reliable 1911.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 07-22-2013 at 18:59..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 20:09   #69
Impact10

A person within Glock told me he saw renderings of a "tactical 45" and .380 pistol. I forgot the size of the 380 if he mentioned it. This is from a Glock employee who also said they are in R&D for unveiling at the 2014 SHOT Show.
Impact10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 23:07   #70
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

380 is more than 45, which is more than 9. Wait till Diane Feinstein finds about this. This mega weapon must be banned!

Actually, I know a guy whose cousin knows a reliable source that says The NRA, NSA, DIA, and CIA are going to combine into one mega agency called Canada.

No more shot shows ever until all Americans end each sentence with "A?"

Last edited by Paul53; 07-22-2013 at 23:08..
Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 00:06   #71
March817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact10 View Post
A person within Glock told me he saw renderings of a "tactical 45" and .380 pistol. I forgot the size of the 380 if he mentioned it. This is from a Glock employee who also said they are in R&D for unveiling at the 2014 SHOT Show.
What is a "tactical 45"? A G21 grip and G30 slide?
Old 07-23-2013, 23:54   #72
Falcon78

Even though other manufacturers may price a subcompact 380 around 350 dollars, there is no reason Glock would. I could easily see them selling such a model for 500+ and successfully at that, given the pent up demand for a single stack subcompact Glock.
Falcon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:43   #73
vactor
Glock Armorer

hope they announce a Gen4 G30S and G29S ...

a single stack compact 9mm / .40 would be cool, now that i have played with the walther PPS and S&W shield. but, not a high priority. would rather have the better mag release and texture and backstraps and slimmer slide on the 10mm and .45
vactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:24   #74
Opie 1 Kenopie
Regular Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact10 View Post
Sweet baby Jesus, how many times have we heard about something from a secret inside Glock R&D source? Nothing ever comes of this info, so No Thanks.

Although I'm a lifetime Glock FanBoy and always will be, my new XDs .45 is the bomb. 100% reliable and surprisingly accurate. Its the perfect hot weather deep concealment gun. It's on me right now as I run daughters around in the big evil city. It's been replacing my go-to G27 for a while now. Glock missed the boat big time. I wish my XDs was stamped Glock on the frame.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16   #75
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNC View Post
I keep hearing this "not importable" excuse, but I don't believe it. People said they would like a single stack, slim 9mm, but it won't be importable. Why is it that companies like Walther can import something like the Walther PPS? This non-importable excuse is just not acceptable anymore. Look at the single stack Springfield XD, The Beretta Nano, the single stack Sigs. All these other companies can build and sell what Glock owners have been wanting for a lot of years now, from Glock. Mr. Glock needs to get off the new Mrs. Glock and get back to work. Where does it say these are made?
To qualify for import a pistol must score 75 points based on the following system:

Characteristic Points
Length: for each 1/4" over 6" = 1 point
Forged steel frame = 15 points
Forged HTS alloy frame = 20 points
Unloaded weight w/mag (per oz.) = 1 point
.22 short and .25 auto = 0 points
.22 LR and 7.65mm to .380 auto = 3 points
9mm parabellum and over = 10 points
Locked breech mechanism = 5 points
Loaded chamber indicator = 5 points
Grip safety = 3 points
Magazine safety = 5 points
Firing pin block or lock = 10 points
External hammer = 2 points
Double action = 10 points
Drift adjustable target sight = 5 points
Click adjustable target sight = 10 points
Target grips = 5 points
Target trigger = 2 points

As you can see, if two guns are exactly identical except for caliber (one 380 and one 9mm), the 380 handgun would have fewer points than it's higher caliber version. The point systems makes it pretty much impossible for anyone to import a small & lightweight 380 (or smaller) handgun into the US. The only way to sell it in the US is to build it in the US.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)

Last edited by dosei; 07-24-2013 at 11:19..
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glock 42, glock42