Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:09   #1
studawg170

Most Epic fight matchups ever.....

Real life people or fictional characters...

Jason Vorhees vs Chuck Norris
studawg170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:18   #2
Jakestir

Goku vs Superman

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Jakestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:43   #3
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
Goku vs Superman

Goku would destroy Superman.

There are villains in dragonball that could kill superman with ease.

I dont think superman could destroy the planet and then some, like Goku and many other characters could.

Plus Goku is way faster. Particularly later in the series.

How about...Superman vs Piccolo....or Nappa

Last edited by jp3975; 10-18-2013 at 02:46..
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:47   #4
Jakestir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
Goku would destroy Superman.

There are villains in dragonball that could kill superman with ease.

I dont think superman could destroy the planet and then some, like Goku and many other characters could.

Plus Goku is way faster. Particularly later in the series.

How about...Superman vs Piccolo....or Nappa
Ya but he can regrow limbs. Sups might have a chance against Yamcha. Haha

Old 10-18-2013, 03:10   #5
jp3975

Snake vs Sam Fisher
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12   #6
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakestir View Post
Ya but he can regrow limbs. Sups might have a chance against Yamcha. Haha

Ill give him more credit then that...id say he could probably take the average saiyan.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:08   #7
VinnieD

This was already settled. Superman won. Sups wipes out whole star systems when he sneezes.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:11   #8
studawg170

Rooster Cogburn vs Augustus McRae
studawg170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18   #9
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Paula Dean vs. Oprah Winfrey for obvious reasons.

Ted Cruz vs. Harry Reid, winner runs the Senate!

Jennifer Aniston vs. Mila Kunis, naked, in jello.
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24   #10
southernshooter

real life

This Saturday MMA: Jr Dos Santos vs Cain Valasquez. Those are the two baddest dudes I have ever seen.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27   #11
RedTop

Epic Beard Man vs. Wannabe Thug on bus.

The Okie Corral
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:59   #12
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleGribble View Post

Jennifer Aniston vs. Mila Kunis, naked, in jello.
Who wins? WE DO!!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:16   #13
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieD View Post
DEATH BATTLE! - Goku VS Superman - YouTube This was already settled. Superman won. Sups wipes out whole star systems when he sneezes.
I saw that and disagree with their results. I never read the comics, so maybe thats what they are basing it on, but i watched all the shows and movies.

Hell...if mortal men can just about kill superman, you think a guy that has killed people capable of destroying planets with a flick of their wrist cant?

Plus what they are forgetting is that with a ton of villains in DB, Goku got stronger than he was before to beat a stronger opponent.

Doesnt superman get part of his power from the sun? Goku could destroy the sun and there where would superman be?

Superman has weaknesses where as Goku does not.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:49   #14
Rinspeed
JAFO

Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs. Sugar Ray Leonard

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14   #15
Eric
Big Giant Head

Reagan vs Stalin
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21   #16
arclight610

Jango Fett vs the Master Chief
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:06   #17
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Abraham Lincoln vs. Adolf Hitler...bare knuckle, no rules cage match.
Old 10-18-2013, 15:55   #18
VinnieD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
I saw that and disagree with their results. I never read the comics, so maybe thats what they are basing it on, but i watched all the shows and movies.

Hell...if mortal men can just about kill superman, you think a guy that has killed people capable of destroying planets with a flick of their wrist cant?

Plus what they are forgetting is that with a ton of villains in DB, Goku got stronger than he was before to beat a stronger opponent.

Doesnt superman get part of his power from the sun? Goku could destroy the sun and there where would superman be?

Superman has weaknesses where as Goku does not.
The movies and TV shows tend to depict Superman much weaker than he actually is, since it's hard to make him believable outside of comics at his full power. And that battle didn't even take into account silver age Superman who was vastly more powerful.

Goku by comparison gets stronger if he loses a fight, but he has to survive. He'd still have lost the fight either way, and he's died multiple times in one on one fights. In fact the whole point of the Dragon Ball series from beginning to end is that there's always someone stronger. It was even a tradition for most of the classic series for Goku to lose the last battle of each season, and in the Z series he lost several of the major battles and was upstaged by other characters.

Destroying the sun isn't much of a strategy. IF Goku could do that, which is highly questionable since the sun is MUCH larger than a planet and would have a much higher amount of gravity to overcome by several orders of magnitude, he'd just end up incinerating himself, while Sups regularly flies through suns and supernovas and would have enough reserve power to keep going. Not to mention it's been pointed out on more than one occasion that Goku can't survive in space. In fact blowing up the planet is something he's never done himself, and has on more than one occasion shown to be limited by, forcing him to either stop the planet killer attack or flee from battle. Superman meanwhile has no such limitation, previously having his space flight limited by how long he could hold his breath (long enough to make inter stellar flights), and later by having no need to breathe at all.

Really counting the comics Superman is a cosmic level character more on par with Marvel's Silver Surfer, than he is an earthly crime fighter, but he prefers to remain on Earth solving Earth problems and that means holding back his full power unless he needs to take on a cosmic threat.

DBZ is one of the biggest anime in terms of power scale but Goku is not the be all end all of superhuman characters. He's mortal, he's lost plenty of fights, and shown to have clear limitations. There are plenty of characters that surpass Goku including, but not limited to the Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Simon the Digger with the Gurren Lagann.

Moving on, something a little more fun if obscure.

Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star vs. Bruce Lee
Old 10-18-2013, 16:09   #19
Jakestir

Quote:
The movies and TV shows tend to depict Superman much weaker than he actually is, since it's hard to make him believable outside of comics at his full power. And that battle didn't even take into account silver age Superman who was vastly more powerful.

Goku by comparison gets stronger if he loses a fight, but he has to survive. He'd still have lost the fight either way, and he's died multiple times in one on one fights. In fact the whole point of the Dragon Ball series from beginning to end is that there's always someone stronger. It was even a tradition for most of the classic series for Goku to lose the last battle of each season, and in the Z series he lost several of the major battles and was upstaged by other characters.

Destroying the sun isn't much of a strategy. IF Goku could do that, which is highly questionable since the sun is MUCH larger than a planet and would have a much higher amount of gravity to overcome by several orders of magnitude, he'd just end up incinerating himself, while Sups regularly flies through suns and supernovas and would have enough reserve power to keep going. Not to mention it's been pointed out on more than one occasion that Goku can't survive in space. In fact blowing up the planet is something he's never done himself, and has on more than one occasion shown to be limited by, forcing him to either stop the planet killer attack or flee from battle. Superman meanwhile has no such limitation, previously having his space flight limited by how long he could hold his breath (long enough to make inter stellar flights), and later by having no need to breathe at all.

Really counting the comics Superman is a cosmic level character more on par with Marvel's Silver Surfer, than he is an earthly crime fighter, but he prefers to remain on Earth solving Earth problems and that means holding back his full power unless he needs to take on a cosmic threat.

DBZ is one of the biggest anime in terms of power scale but Goku is not the be all end all of superhuman characters. He's mortal, he's lost plenty of fights, and shown to have clear limitations. There are plenty of characters that surpass Goku including, but not limited to the Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Simon the Digger with the Gurren Lagann.

Damn! Great post.

Old 10-18-2013, 16:12   #20
Sinister Paige

The Okie Corral

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 16:18   #21
Michael Rye

Assuming they could have all fought each other in their primes...

Ali V. Marciano
Ali V. Tyson
Foreman V. Tyson
Ali V. Holmes
Holmes V. Marciano
Norton V. Tyson
Shavers V. Tyson
Foreman V. Shavers
Tyson V. Lyle
Old 10-18-2013, 16:22   #22
Michael Rye

In the Star Wars universe:

I think Darth Maul against Count Dooku would have been good.

Young Vader ( before the lava bath ) against Maul would have been interesting as well.
Old 10-18-2013, 20:31   #23
jp3975

Quote:

Goku would still win....eventually

Superman isnt typically the type to kill, so goku would keep coming back stronger until he gets him.

If we assume its a fight to the death, Goku would just kept getting wished back to life.

If he has some of his smarter friends do some research[he does have a large circle of friends that do that sort of thing...im sure theyd track down lex.], then they could wish for his energy blasts to contain red sun energy...or for a kryptonite sword.

He couldve wished for infinite power and immortality long ago but he was always too nice to worry about his own personal gain.

Superman has major weaknesses that smart humans can exploit. Even not so smart average people. Anyone on Glocktalk could kill superman given the proper preparation. While he may be stronger, his weaknesses would be his undoing.
Old 10-18-2013, 21:11   #24
6801car

Send a message via AIM to 6801car
Easy. Archie Moore vs Yvon Durelle, December 10,1958. Old Archie had to come from way,way back to win this incredible bout. More knockdowns than a porcupine has quills!

Here is the entire fight:

6801car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 21:30   #25
BAILIFF
Piece Officer

The Okie Corral
BAILIFF is offline   Reply With Quote