GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2013, 13:37   #101
hpracing007

Man, I really want a range rover sport now.

Last edited by hpracing007; 09-30-2013 at 13:37..
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:39   #102
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Those guys give all bike riders a bad name and they are in serious need of some wall-to-wall counseling.
Well, a few of them got sidewall counseling.
Old 09-30-2013, 13:39   #103
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf View Post
The RR drive is far to nice. I would have been actively trying to splatter more of them. At the traffic light I would have been in reverse actively trying to splatter even more.
What they need to do is try that around where I live in front of one of the thousands of jacked-up diesel trucks.

Most are driven by rednecks (use the term in a positive way) that don't take carp from people.

Even my 2wd Silverado would be formidable. I can't go over it but 5.3L of V8 doesn't stop for much when it doesn't want to.

There would be a bunch of greasy spots in the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:40   #104
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

If Comrade Zero had a biker...

In all my years of riding, that has to be the saddest bunch of losers I've ever seen. Having totally failed at their attempt to create a rolling road-block--to clear the highway, and thus create space for stunt riding--they then totally fail at riding down and stopping an SUV. Really? What sad little losers, no brains, no skill, just weak, weak, weak... I hope all the bikers in that video do some serious jail time. Only one of them dead is very disheartening. That he/she/it might not be dead at all, is beyond tragic.

That video makes me miss my old KZ-1000. That bike was fan-****ing-tastic at putting vast distance between me, and any pack rat morons I might have encountered. Remember kids: never ride in tight groups with *******s who have no riding skills. It's sad. It's weak. And it's pathetic.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:41   #105
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Observation on watching the video:

Riding a M/C and behaving like that can leave you tired...

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:42   #106
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Observation on watching the video:

Riding a M/C and behaving like that can leave you tired...
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:47   #107
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
That would all be correct, except we have a video of what actually happened. Insurance probably will not pay a dime to the bikers.
Oh don't get me wrong, insurance will fight it and most likely not have to pay anything. I'm just saying that from the start, the range rover would be responsible for all damages. However, when you start going to steps 2, 3, 4, etc., the range rover starts becoming less and less responsible.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:51   #108
HiddenEyes
It can be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
You know EXACTLY what they are doing. It was in no way, shape or form the SUV drivers fault. There is no reason for him to stop or "brake check" anyone other than trying to be a jackass.

Wrong side of the coin here, chief.

I agree with your post, but mostly I just wanted to say I like your avatar.

Mr. HE

Moi Нет sprechen español
HiddenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:55   #109
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Clarification input. You are talking about the m/c rider, correct?

I can see that many of them were riding in an aggressive manner.
Yes....especially the one who did the brake check or any sort of cutting off or impeding the vehicle. There was no legit purpose and the intent was to harass.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:01   #110
djf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
They only stopped and blocked traffic after the range rover rear ended a bike.
And that's just fine with you? What planet are you from?
djf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:09   #111
DanaT
Pharaoh

These guys were up to something before the RR hit the bike.

I suspect, being they are "stunters" they were trying to shut the road down for their private use.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:12   #112
Adjuster

The Range Rover did what any of us would do and rightly so given the circumstances. The only thing I can say in the bikers defense is it looks like the initial brake check bike was accidental. He turns around but it doesn't look like he turns around far enough to see the Rover right behind him. It looks like he was being stupid for the camera. I think the biker was completely distracted by all the fun and excitement and lost perception of how close he was to the Rover. I am at least trying to give him the benefit of doubt.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:13   #113
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
These guys were up to something before the RR hit the bike.

I suspect, being they are "stunters" they were trying to shut the road down for their private use.
Of course they were...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...225817761.html

Notice no license plates on the bikes?
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:15   #114
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Interesting. Is there a citation one could receive for brake checking the vehicle behind them, causing them to hit them? Or would the.following vehicle receive a citation for following too close?
It would be a reckless driving charge here, at the very least, if an officer witnessed it.

Only an idiot could think he could serve over in front of an SUV, jam on his brakes, get hit, and it wouldn't be his fault.
Old 09-30-2013, 14:17   #115
Kevinr20

Quote:
I was making a statement of what happened. They stopped after the first biker got hit. I never said anything was ok. And I'm from earth. We have many languages on our planet. English being the one I'm using. Learn it and don't make assumptions or put words in my mouth.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:19   #116
Glotin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
We all need to go back to the moment the range rover was brake-checked to a stop and inadertantly bumped a bike.

Now what to do?

If one could control fear, I'm not sure driving over a bunch of bikes is the right thing to do. Where you going to drive to? Maybe hope a cop eventually catches up and polices the situation?

Bikers are 100% wrong in this. But what would the best option have been for the RR driver?
Well this guy didn't lock his doors even after the 1st confrontation... problem #1.

Should have had his wife on 911 immediately following the accident. Stop and sit there not doing anything unless they try to break your windows/otherwise enter the vehicle.

If they are surrounding you trying to enter your vehicle then driving over them is definitely the right thing to do. Your other option is to sit there patiently and wait for them to smash your windows and drag you out of the car.

This occurred in NYC, so this guy was denied the right to be armed and defend himself. Most of us would be armed in this situation... that gives you another option. Not sure if it's a better one given that: 1. The bikers might also be armed and 2. My wife and child are in the car.

After they started chasing, I'd have done my best to avoid traffic (stayed on the interstate) and waited for the police to show up.

The Law
Glotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:20   #117
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
It would be a reckless driving charge here, at the very least, if an officer witnessed it.

Only an idiot could think he could serve over in front of an SUV, jam on his brakes, get hit, and it wouldn't be his fault.
Doesn't change the fact that someone has to be held at fault to pay for damages. Who do you think that will be?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Old 09-30-2013, 14:25   #118
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
Quote:
They only stopped and blocked traffic after the range rover rear ended a bike.
Quote:
The bikes appeared to be running a rolling roadblock that overtook and engulfed the RR. It looks like a bike passed him, cutting very close to him, and got about 10 feet in front of him before hitting the brakes.

The moment the collision occurred is when the roadblock stopped.

I would have also been concerned about the bikes behind and around me, and can understand how challenging it can be to track multiple moving hazards. I think the driver did very well at attempting to avoid a collision, but is no match for a bike when braking.
Old 09-30-2013, 14:29   #119
IceAxe

The RR driver had his wife and 2 yr old daughter in the vehicle when the goons started beating on his vehicle, presumably to gain entry and go Reginald Denny on him. Short of ventilating the goons with high velocity lead, he did exactly the right thing to preserve the protection of his family.
IceAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:48   #120
Syclone0538

At about 1:40, they had the next on ramp blocked.

I think around 2:30 and 3:30 you can hear a 2 stroke.

The guy at 5:05 and the 2 guys at 6:20 should have been shot.

I bet these guys are pretty upset with the guy filming. lol

If one of them did die, could the rest be charged with murder?
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:49   #121
ray9898

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that someone has to be held at fault to pay for damages. Who do you think that will be?
Motorcyclist....he was in the commission of a crime which caused the collision.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 14:50   #122
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
It certainly WON'T be the Range Rover based upon the video. I can tell you that for a fact.
Old 09-30-2013, 14:55   #123
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Us. The insurance company will pay the actual damages. Even if the thugs are found guilt and ordered to pay, they won't.
Insurance companies will raise the rates of the range rover and all the rest of us to make up their loss.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 15:11   #124
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Pretty much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 15:13   #125
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac45 View Post
It certainly WON'T be the Range Rover based upon the video. I can tell you that for a fact.
How do you know for a fact? I'd bet the insurance company for the rover says "you rear ended someone. That's a fact. End of story" and pay out. I have no idea how it will work with the other bikes he ran over.

Tags
calamari, range rover, road rage, sonso'zeromc, team range rover!!!