SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:30   #76
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
They only stopped and blocked traffic after the range rover rear ended a bike.

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked. When he bumped into the bike, he stopped like he should. Then he fled to avoid being attacked by a mob of idiots. I wonder if they were on the phone with 911 while fleeing.
You know EXACTLY what they are doing. It was in no way, shape or form the SUV drivers fault. There is no reason for him to stop or "brake check" anyone other than trying to be a jackass.

Wrong side of the coin here, chief.
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37   #77
SRS

That had to be a pretty terrifying experience for the occupants of the RR. It's disappointing that none of the jackasses on motorcycles actually died. Given the circumstances, I think the driver showed a lot of restraint.
SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:40   #78
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Traffic laws are all about revenue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:51   #79
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
Wait...you mean, a bunch of doucbebag crotch-rocket-riding morons clogging up traffic, doing wheelies, and breaking the law pissed off another driver?!
Hell's yeah!!! If you gonna ride a motorcycle then ride a real motorcycle instead of some two-wheeled lounge chairs.

Quote:
I'm not condoning the driver's actions, but at the same time: this was bound to happen sooner or later. No doubt some d-bag crotch-rocket-riding moron on here disagrees with me. Because, ya know: they have such a stellar record of safe driving. Saints, the lot of them.

Better being a ****** bag crotch rocket riding moron than a ****** bag cager moron.

I wheelie for safety. Safety is for fuddie duddies with no cojones.

Ruff Rydaz 4 Life, yo!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:52   #80
SGT HATRED

Scary stuff. I bet the RR driver is kicking himself for not thinking to put it in reverse when he hit traffic...
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54   #81
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
Interesting point omitted in virtually ALL of the media coverage: Bikers were mostly, if not all, Sons of Obama. Now cue the faithful who will say, "What difference does that make?" And my favorite, "What are you implying?" Oh, and I'm not answering those. You figure it out, or don't.
I thought that bikers are mostly Sons of Anarchy wannabes?
Old 09-30-2013, 11:58   #82
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Too bad the RR operator didn't thin the herd a little bit more.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14   #83
ithaca_deerslayer

We all need to go back to the moment the range rover was brake-checked to a stop and inadertantly bumped a bike.

Now what to do?

If one could control fear, I'm not sure driving over a bunch of bikes is the right thing to do. Where you going to drive to? Maybe hope a cop eventually catches up and polices the situation?

Bikers are 100% wrong in this. But what would the best option have been for the RR driver?
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:17   #84
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post

Bikers are 100% wrong in this. But what would the best option have been for the RR driver?

A few doughnuts?...
Old 09-30-2013, 12:18   #85
LippCJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
We all need to go back to the moment the range rover was brake-checked to a stop and inadertantly bumped a bike.

Now what to do?

If one could control fear, I'm not sure driving over a bunch of bikes is the right thing to do. Where you going to drive to? Maybe hope a cop eventually catches up and polices the situation?

I enjoy riding my bike every chance I get, but I have absolutely no problem with how the RR handled it at all, of course I am assuming someone in the RR was on the phone with 911.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:58   #86
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBaldy View Post
Interesting point omitted in virtually ALL of the media coverage: Bikers were mostly, if not all, Sons of Obama. Now cue the faithful who will say, "What difference does that make?" And my favorite, "What are you implying?" Oh, and I'm not answering those. You figure it out, or don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I see many parallels to the Zimmerman case here.
Again, I see many parallels to Zimmerman. Go to the end of the video and look at the people involved.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:00   #87
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
You know EXACTLY what they are doing. It was in no way, shape or form the SUV drivers fault. There is no reason for him to stop or "brake check" anyone other than trying to be a jackass.

Wrong side of the coin here, chief.
As you're LE, I'm curious how you would determine fault in the initial accident (the rear end) would the biker receive a citation?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:03   #88
390ish

If the guy in the RR happened to be an off-duty NYPD officer, there probably would have been about 20 bikers shot when they first blocked the RR in and tried pulling the door handle.

In VA, at least in my county, every one of the people chasing the RR would probably be tried for mob action violence / lynching and everyone who showed up for the party with conspiracy to commit the same. Groups of men chasing others with violent intent is a big, big deal. I am surprised the RR driver did not end up dead.
390ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:04   #89
390ish

If the guy in the RR happened to be an off-duty NYPD officer, there probably would have been about 20 bikers shot when they first blocked the RR in and tried pulling the door handle.

In VA, at least in my county, every one of the people chasing the RR would probably be tried for mob action violence / lynching and everyone who showed up for the party with conspiracy to commit the same. Groups of men chasing others with violent intent is a big, big deal. I am surprised the RR driver did not end up dead.
390ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:08   #90
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
As you're LE, I'm curious how you would determine fault in the initial accident (the rear end) would the biker receive a citation?
LE really doesn't determine "fault" in a motor vehicle crash/collision. LE may determine a violation of traffic law occurred, but the Insurance CO. is the one who determines "fault".

FWIW: I always included my opinion in accident notes if I thought a driver was clearly "at fault" for an accident.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:14   #91
mike0262p
Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Again, I see many parallels to Zimmerman. Go to the end of the video and look at the people involved.
I was thinking the same when I saw the end of the video. I don't understand the reasoning why the biker in white was crowding the Range Rover. I just answered my own question, there was no reasoning going on here.
mike0262p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:14   #92
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
LE really doesn't determine "fault" in a motor vehicle crash/collision. LE may determine a violation of traffic law occurred, but the Insurance CO. is the one who determines "fault".

FWIW: I always included my opinion in accident notes if I thought a driver was clearly "at fault" for an accident.
Interesting. Is there a citation one could receive for brake checking the vehicle behind them, causing them to hit them? Or would the.following vehicle receive a citation for following too close?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:17   #93
ray9898

Quote:

In Georgia I would have took him to jail. Our aggressive driving law is not a traffic infraction, it is a criminal charge.

Quote:
40-6-397. Aggressive driving; penalty

(a) A person commits the offense of aggressive driving when he or she operates any motor vehicle with the intent to annoy, harass, molest, intimidate, injure, or obstruct another person, including without limitation violating Code Section 40-6-42, 40-6-48, 40-6-49, 40-6-123, 40-6-184, 40-6-312, or 40-6-390 with such intent.

(b) Any person convicted of aggressive driving shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature. .
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:20   #94
Rabbit994

Quote:
Interesting. Is there a citation one could receive for brake checking the vehicle behind them, causing them to hit them? Or would the.following vehicle receive a citation for following too close?
I'm not a cop but most states have impeding traffic statute I would imagine. In Virginia it reads as follow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Code 46.2
No person shall stop a vehicle in such manner as to impede or render dangerous the use of the highway by others, except in the case of an emergency, an accident, or a mechanical breakdown.
EDIT: Virginia law would allow you to be hooked up for aggressive driving as well. That's criminal charge and can result in new set of shiny bracelets.

Last edited by Rabbit994; 09-30-2013 at 13:22..
Rabbit994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:23   #95
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

And short of that snippet of video, who was going to charge the said dirtbag brake-checker????

This is just as bad as the "gauntlets" that used to go on (and may still) during the PR Pride parades in NYC. Mob mentality around there is just scary. OTOH, we DID riot a little bit when we won the World Series (by WE I mean drunk people near Fenway Park in Boston).
Old 09-30-2013, 13:27   #96
CarryTexas

One of these days idoits like these are going to pull this stuff on the wrong person.

Hopefully, the biker body count will be high... 80%+ of those involved...

If I was in that guys shoes here in my town... The wife would have been on 911 and I would have run every single one of those $#@% over that prevented me from escaping.

If we got trapped.... Then I'd get really violent...

This stuff pisses me off to no end....

Serenty now......

Last edited by CarryTexas; 09-30-2013 at 13:31..
CarryTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:28   #97
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

A few points:

1) The Range Rover is one of, if not the, most capable off-road vehicles ever made. Running over a crotch rocket isn't even a good challenge.

2) Brake check a 5000lb truck and you will probably get hit. Attack the driver of said truck and you will probably get run over.

3) Overall, to the biker "gang" - play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Hope the driver of the SUV and his family are okay. Hope the SUV isn't hurt bad.

Don't give a #### about the bikers - they got themselves into this.

Different perspective on this - apparently there is something going on in Manhatten right now involving a bunch of bikes:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/30...h-speed-chase/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Last edited by SC Tiger; 09-30-2013 at 13:32..
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:31   #98
djf

The RR drive is far to nice. I would have been actively trying to splatter more of them. At the traffic light I would have been in reverse actively trying to splatter even more.
djf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 13:31   #99
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
OTOH, we DID riot a little bit when we won the World Series (by WE I mean drunk people near Fenway Park in Boston).

To kinda'-quote Howie Carr...."isn't it amazing how "WE" won the world series, but next year "THEY" lost it??"

I'm still getting over the '67 loss and still hate the Cardinals and still hate Bob Gibson, all his family, all his friends, and all their descendants!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 13:34   #100
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
In Georgia I would have took him to jail. Our aggressive driving law is not a traffic infraction, it is a criminal charge.
Clarification input. You are talking about the m/c rider, correct?

I can see that many of them were riding in an aggressive manner.

I ride a sportbike (well I have one..i cant say I ride much anymore) but these guys were out of control.

In my younger days I did do some stupid stuff. There was street racing that went on, but it was away from people and the only real traffic that street racing blocked was to/from the races. It was irresponsible (and criminal) then but the "stunters" have taken it to a whole new level. With the street racing, you had to actively go find it; the stunters are in yo face about how they ride...

Wait...kinda like OC activists....
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calamari, range rover, road rage, sonso'zeromc, team range rover!!!