GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 10:00   #51
frank4570
Feral human
 
frank4570's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cul Va
Posts: 16,678
Blog Entries: 1
It looked to me like the video started with the bikers harassing the RR then cutting him off and holding him in place in the road while people started getting off their bikes.
__________________
Fear your government.
"Rats aren't creepy, experimenting on them IS." Emilie Autumn.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:01   #52
Syclone0538
Senior Member
 
Syclone0538's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
I'll have to watch it again. Maybe the bikers start out antagonizing the suv. To me, it looked like the biker braked and the suv accidentally bumped him.
...
Well that is true, just incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
...
I wasn't defending the actions of the bikers. I specifically referred to them as idiots. However, anytime you rear end someone, you're likely to be determined at fault, legally.
That's because most people who rear end someone are at fault. And most of the ones who are not, don't have video like this to prove they were not at fault.
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07   #53
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Too bad there wasn't more, or any, dead ********* motorcycle riders. They earned every crushed bike they got.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07   #54
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
You mad? Jeez. I ride a sportsbike so I'm automatically a ****** bag moron. Eric rides some wicked fast ZX-14's. Stereotype much?
Get over yourself. He's not saying ALL crotchrocket riders are d-bags, he's just saying there's bound to be a d-bag on here who rides crotch rockets and would do something similar to what the riders did on the video.

Don't get your panties in a bunch because you were silly enough to jump to a conclusion that happened to be the wrong conclusion.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:09   #55
Kevinr20
Senior Member
 
Kevinr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: America
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syclone0538 View Post
Well that is true, just incomplete.



That's because most people who rear end someone are at fault. And most of the ones who are not, don't have video like this to prove they were not at fault.

You're thinking of "fault" in a manner of morals.

Either you rear ended someone or you didn't. Whether the actions of the other party put you in that position doesn't matter much when determining fault. They'll just say you should have kept more distance between you. Is it right? Do I agree with it? No. But that's just how it usually is.
__________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:11   #56
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
You're thinking of "fault" in a manner of morals.

Either you rear ended someone or you didn't. Whether the actions of the other party put you in that position doesn't matter much when determining fault. They'll just say you should have kept more distance between you. Is it right? Do I agree with it? No. But that's just how it usually is.
Stop defending the idiot bikers. They are on video stopping traffic for **** sake! They are at fault.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:14   #57
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: US
Posts: 31,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
It looked to me like the video started with the bikers harassing the RR then cutting him off and holding him in place in the road while people started getting off their bikes.
Looked like the beginnings of a car jacking to me.........
Bike vs Range Rover.........bike lost.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:16   #58
ray9898
Senior Member
 
ray9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 17,162


Too bad some more of them didn't get ran over. How anyone could say they guy in the RR did not act reasonable is crazy. His only mistake was getting caught in traffic, if he could have stayed on open roads no telling how many he could have took out.

Last edited by ray9898; 09-30-2013 at 10:17..
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:17   #59
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
You're thinking of "fault" in a manner of morals.

Either you rear ended someone or you didn't. Whether the actions of the other party put you in that position doesn't matter much when determining fault. They'll just say you should have kept more distance between you. Is it right? Do I agree with it? No. But that's just how it usually is.
Yes he rear ended someone, he even pulled over to try and make sure the bike was okay. And then people started blocking him in and getting off their bikes and swarming him. At that point I would feel in fear for my life, especially since when you get that many people in such a big group there is such a thing as mob mentality, which can be extremely deadly.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:18   #60
Kevinr20
Senior Member
 
Kevinr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: America
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Stop defending the idiot bikers. They are on video stopping traffic for **** sake! They are at fault.
You're not reading what I'm writing. I'm not defending the bikers. In fact, I've clearly stated numerous times that they are idiots.

Being jackasses on the road does not make them at fault for someone rear ending them. Did they deserve it? Most definitely. You're not thinking about it logically. Whose fault would it be if you rear ended someone, even if they were being an ass on the road? 9/10 times you will be determined at fault. AGAIN, is it right? Nope but that's the way it is.
__________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:20   #61
Syclone0538
Senior Member
 
Syclone0538's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
You're thinking of "fault" in a manner of morals.

Either you rear ended someone or you didn't. Whether the actions of the other party put you in that position doesn't matter much when determining fault. They'll just say you should have kept more distance between you. Is it right? Do I agree with it? No. But that's just how it usually is.
Well I'm not a lawyer, but no, I'm not just thinking about morals.

Imagine it's just the bike that got rearended, the suv, and a cop following positioned about where the camera is. The bike cuts in a few feet in front of the suv and stops for no reason with no traffic in front. You seriously think the suv is getting an assured clear distance ticket???
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:20   #62
Kevinr20
Senior Member
 
Kevinr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: America
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Yes he rear ended someone, he even pulled over to try and make sure the bike was okay. And then people started blocking him in and getting off their bikes and swarming him. At that point I would feel in fear for my life, especially since when you get that many people in such a big group there is such a thing as mob mentality, which can be extremely deadly.
Couldn't agree more. I stated in my original post that he pulled over and tried to do the right thing and he had to flee from the idiots.
__________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:21   #63
Eric
Big Giant Head
 
Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Posts: 22,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Looked like the beginnings of a car jacking to me.........
Bike vs Range Rover.........bike lost.

What was happening was the bikes were attempting to stop all the traffic, so they could grab-ass and show off on the empty stretch of road for a few minutes, until the cops responded. This sort of thing happens all the time all over the country. There is no mystery here.

If a bunch of jackasses attempted that bull**** in front of me, I'm not sure how I would respond. In this case, either the RR driver did not appreciate these idiots trying to stop him and bumped one of their bikes, or one of the idiots on the bikes applied his brakes a bit too aggressively in front of the RR, to make it stop (Which I believe to be the case). Either way, the jackasses on the bikes incited the incident and are 100% responsible for what followed.

Most of you know that I ride a Kawasaki ZX14 and that is about as rockety as crotch-rockets get. I've ridden fast bikes all my adult life, but I have never pulled crap like those morons on that video did. Those guys give all bike riders a bad name and they are in serious need of some wall-to-wall counseling. Nobody has a right to behave that way on public roads.
__________________
"I don't care, what the future brings
Give a damn, about anything
I'd be fine, if they'd only leave me alone."...
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:29   #64
hpracing007
Senior Member
 
hpracing007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,902
Law should be that if any bikers or anyone hold up traffic to "stunt" or intimidate, they should get run over and have to pay all damages.

Holding up me, not to mention emergency services, to do a damn wheelie is in not acceptable.
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:30   #65
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
You're not reading what I'm writing. I'm not defending the bikers. In fact, I've clearly stated numerous times that they are idiots.

Being jackasses on the road does not make them at fault for someone rear ending them. Did they deserve it? Most definitely. You're not thinking about it logically. Whose fault would it be if you rear ended someone, even if they were being an ass on the road? 9/10 times you will be determined at fault. AGAIN, is it right? Nope but that's the way it is.
Well thank you for the idiot biker's point of view of this incident.

It's just that none of us see it that way. Sorry.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:31   #66
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
You're not reading what I'm writing. I'm not defending the bikers. In fact, I've clearly stated numerous times that they are idiots.

Being jackasses on the road does not make them at fault for someone rear ending them. Did they deserve it? Most definitely. You're not thinking about it logically. Whose fault would it be if you rear ended someone, even if they were being an ass on the road? 9/10 times you will be determined at fault. AGAIN, is it right? Nope but that's the way it is.
Yes, I'm reading what you are writing, you are completely wrong. The bikers caused it all.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:33   #67
Kevinr20
Senior Member
 
Kevinr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: America
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Well thank you for the idiot biker's point of view of this incident.

It's just that none of us see it that way. Sorry.
How is that the bikers point of view?
__________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:38   #68
BlownFiveLiter
Senior Member
 
BlownFiveLiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 169
When the Range Rover originally stops, after the idiot cut him off, you can see someone pulling on his door handle. Hell yeah, I would have left, too. I also ride, but I don't see any reason why not to play sportbike bowling and run them down just like he did. He was nicer than I would have been though. I would have swerved and brake checked them, too. This is coming from someone who also rides a sportbike. I go to great lengths to keep from associating with these idiots. It's a shame he didn't take out a few more.
BlownFiveLiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:41   #69
TK-421
Senior Member
 
TK-421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Yes, I'm reading what you are writing, you are completely wrong. The bikers caused it all.
He's not disagreeing that the bikers didn't cause it, he's even agreeing that the bikers caused it all. However, what he's failed to mention is that he's looking at this from the viewpoint of an insurance agency, while you're thinking he's seeing it from the viewpoint of being pro-biker.

What he's saying is that from an insurance company viewpoint, the range rover is at fault for hitting the biker. Most of the time they don't care if the person in front brake checked the guy or not. What they care about is that the guy in back hit the guy in front. And in this instance, that's what happened. The range rover hit a bike, and the range rover is at fault for hitting the bike.

What you fail to realize is that kevin isn't saying the range rover is responsible for everything, he's simply saying the range rover is responsible for any damage that might be done to the bike he initially hit.

I'm also sure he'll be responsible for any damage done when he ran the other bikes over, but he might be able to fight it and claim he was in fear for his life, the life of his wife and the life of his kid. And insurance companies will likely pay attention to that.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:45   #70
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
He's not disagreeing that the bikers didn't cause it, he's even agreeing that the bikers caused it all. However, what he's failed to mention is that he's looking at this from the viewpoint of an insurance agency, while you're thinking he's seeing it from the viewpoint of being pro-biker.

What he's saying is that from an insurance company viewpoint, the range rover is at fault for hitting the biker. Most of the time they don't care if the person in front brake checked the guy or not. What they care about is that the guy in back hit the guy in front. And in this instance, that's what happened. The range rover hit a bike, and the range rover is at fault for hitting the bike.

What you fail to realize is that kevin isn't saying the range rover is responsible for everything, he's simply saying the range rover is responsible for any damage that might be done to the bike he initially hit.

I'm also sure he'll be responsible for any damage done when he ran the other bikes over, but he might be able to fight it and claim he was in fear for his life, the life of his wife and the life of his kid. And insurance companies will likely pay attention to that.
That would all be correct, except we have a video of what actually happened. Insurance probably will not pay a dime to the bikers.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50   #71
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
How is that the bikers point of view?
So, you're giving us the driver of the Range Rover's point of view?
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:52   #72
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
That would all be correct, except we have a video of what actually happened. Insurance probably will not pay a dime to the bikers.
Exactly, a video of what actually happened trumps what ever circumstancial static forensic evidence suggests
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.

Last edited by series1811; 09-30-2013 at 10:52..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14   #73
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP
 
MtBaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: At the beach
Posts: 15,946


Interesting point omitted in virtually ALL of the media coverage: Bikers were mostly, if not all, Sons of Obama. Now cue the faithful who will say, "What difference does that make?" And my favorite, "What are you implying?" Oh, and I'm not answering those. You figure it out, or don't.
__________________
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury."
― Elmer T Peterson
MtBaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:21   #74
eb07
Sharkin'
 
eb07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Third Rock From the Sun
Posts: 2,038
Only in gun free zones. They know you do not have the ability to protect yourself so they become tough guys.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:29   #75
HiddenEyes
It can be done
 
HiddenEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 40,390
RR driver should have made better use of his weapon and disabled more bikes to get to safety. No reason at all in that video to not use his bigger heavier vehicle to defend himself and his family. He would have been doing the rest of us a favor.

To all who ride responsibly, thank you. A guy owning a bike he enjoys and riding it properly is very American.

That video is of a mob trying to enforce the rules of the mob counter to the rules of society. Society must win this or we will be in for some very rough times. Our politicians are losing control, but they sure are living fat and happy while the rest suffer.



Mr. HE
__________________
Dear Mr. President, If I had a son he would look like one of the heroes you let be murdered in Benghazi.

Moi Нет sprechen español
HiddenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
calamari, range rover, road rage, sonso'zeromc, team range rover!!!
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,062
349 Members
713 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42