GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:52   #26
attrapereves

Amazing how the recording stops just as they begin to vandalize the Range Rover.

Let's say this happened outside of New York... I would have definitely had my carry gun drawn if I were forced to stop. I guess lethal force would be justified if the biker thugs brought out weapons.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:54   #27
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
Friend of mine riding his bike, for some reason a 'little old lady in a Rambler' took a dislike to him, chased him down an ran him into a ditch ....

Everybody laughes when he tells the story, but he probably wasn't laughing at the time.

A good example of 'weight makes right' on the highway ...

When I was 15 years old, I was riding my Yamaha Virago 250cc outside of Rapid City. Out of nowhere a suburban pulls up next to me and the driver is screaming at me, flipping me off, and trying to swerve over me. His female passenger is crying and holding onto the steering wheel and was the only thing that kept him from running me over. I must have cut him off or something but I didn't see it.
Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57   #28
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post
The post I quoted specifically said "the lot of them" referring to ****** bag crotch rocket riders including the ones on this forum.
If you ride and act like that which is posted in this video, and in the countless thousands of other videos across the internet, then yes, you are a *********. Good riddance.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:57   #29
MtBaldy
Obie Wan, RIP

Crotch rocket riders were being DBags. I hope the Range Rover driver isn't charged. Moron breaking in the Range Rover's window is lucky this didn't happen in FL or TX.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:59   #30
Anon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
Amazing how the recording stops just as they begin to vandalize the Range Rover.
I think it is more likely that the recording kept going but the uploaded video was cut at that spot to prevent it showing the assault on the driver.
Anon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:02   #31
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
If you ride and act like that which is posted in this video, and in the countless thousands of other videos across the internet, then yes, you are a *********. Good riddance.
That's not what you said. You said crotch rocket riders including ones on this forum are ****** bags. I can also find thousands of videos of people in corvettes, mustangs, civics, eclipses doing ridiculous things on the road. Would you say "the lot of" car drivers are d bags?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:04   #32
hpracing007

"The crew then slashed the man in front of his wife and child, police sources said."

http://nypost.com/2013/09/30/bikers-...r-rams-riders/

Last edited by hpracing007; 09-30-2013 at 09:04..
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:04   #33
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Massengill is full of d-bags as well.

I'm just sayin.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:08   #34
eaglefrq
NRA Member

Quote:
They only stopped and blocked traffic after the range rover rear ended a bike.

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked. When he bumped into the bike, he stopped like he should. Then he fled to avoid being attacked by a mob of idiots. I wonder if they were on the phone with 911 while fleeing.
Nope, you're wrong. Look at 0:20ish and you will see the white sport bike beside the RR and it looks like he is gesturing. He then pulls in front of the RR, looks back and then brake checks. There is no way the RR could have anticipated that, he wasn't following too closely.

The RR did stop, but the video is too far away to see what is happening, but I'm assuming the driver was either being threatened or felt threatened and drove off hitting one or more of the bikers.

The RR was doing nothing wrong that I could see in the video initially. I don't know why the guy on the white bike was riding parallel to the RR in the RR's lane.

For the record, I ride and yes, the bikers were acting like total jackasses. They had no right, even after the RR drove off to try and force him to stop and then attack him when he did stop.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:10   #35
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:
That's not what you said. You said crotch rocket riders including ones on this forum are ****** bags. I can also find thousands of videos of people in corvettes, mustangs, civics, eclipses doing ridiculous things on the road. Would you say "the lot of" car drivers are d bags?
If you behave in a way which endangers lives and breaks the laws of the road, then yes, you're a d-bag, regardless of what vehicle you drive.

But if you're a Saint, like you, then you need not get your panties in a twist; for my post obviously does not apply to you.

But only you know how you drive, not me. So if you're getting pissed off, then that says something, doesn't it?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:14   #36
Syclone0538

Quote:

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked.
You should watch the video.
Syclone0538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20   #37
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
I don't know why the Rover took off so abruptly at first, but I assume the driver was threatened judging be the behavior of the group of bikers. While the Rover driver was close to the first bike hit, it was the direct result of the biker riding next to him, then passing, then brake checking. The Rover was surrounded by bikes, and if I was in that position, I would be busily scanning in all directions to make sure I didn't hit any. In such a situation, it would be easy to close the distance he had in between the Rover and the bike.

From then on, anyone that threatened me would be treated like a bowling pin on half price night.

Last edited by Breadman03; 09-30-2013 at 09:22..
Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:21   #38
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Darwin doing what Darwin does.

The gene pool is stronger now.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:24   #39
fireguy129
NRA Member 2008

It's all I could think of is the video from It's Always Sunny where they run over the bicycle rider.....

Last edited by fireguy129; 09-30-2013 at 09:27..
fireguy129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:27   #40
Wake_jumper

Just another gang of thugs that happen to be on bikes. I esp liked the dreadlocks peeking out from under the helmet. The driver was pulled out of his suv at a stoplight and beat up... put him in the hospital. He should not have stopped. Mad Max in real life. What a crazy world we are living in.

Last edited by Wake_jumper; 09-30-2013 at 09:58..
Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:30   #41
frank4570
Feral human

I would really like to know what the whole story is here. The gang of bikers didn't look like a bunch of lawyers or doctors to me.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:30   #42
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post
Max Max in real life. What a crazy world we are living in.
Yeah, I guess I never thought about how many people were cheering for the bad guys in Mad Max. We see who they are now.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40   #43
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked. When he bumped into the bike, he stopped like he should. Then he fled to avoid being attacked by a mob of idiots. I wonder if they were on the phone with 911 while fleeing.
WRONG.

Look at this. The biker was next to RR yelling or something then pulled in front of the RR and did a brake check.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

These bikers surrounded the RR and were trying to stop him by surrounding him.

Why were these bikes trying to surround him to start with?
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:41   #44
Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42   #45
clancy

I have driven through that area dozens of times, and always saw at least one cop car. I am amazed there was none around. Too bad for the RR driver. I have also seen sport bike riders do the same thing. Pack mentality can be interesting to watch.

As for the RR driver, hitting the brakes, hard, and repeating as often as necessary would have taken care of several more of those ****** bags and they would probably have stopped after another 3 or 4 of their buddies had been turned into asphalt lubricant. Reverse and stomping on the accelerator a couple times wouldn't hurt, either.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:44   #46
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
If you behave in a way which endangers lives and breaks the laws of the road, then yes, you're a d-bag, regardless of what vehicle you drive.

But if you're a Saint, like you, then you need not get your panties in a twist; for my post obviously does not apply to you.

But only you know how you drive, not me. So if you're getting pissed off, then that says something, doesn't it?
You'd think bikers pilfered your village and took your family. Relax. Yes there are plenty of idiots on bikes, yes these bikers were in the wrong. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. You said the lot of crotch rocket riders, including the ones on this board that you've never met are d bags and I called you on it. My panties are just fine and I'm not even a little bit "pissed."
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45   #47
Anon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post
Max Max in real life. What a crazy world we are living in.
Man, that is *exactly* what I was thinking. Mad Max highway thuggery type **** right here right now. We've come so far, we're pretty much devolving.
Anon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49   #48
WT

Looked like a nice day for a ride along the Hudson River.

I am impressed with the RR capabilities. Easily rode over a motorcycle or two. Good acceleration. Does need stronger side windows, though.

The motorcycle enthusiasts need some training in group riding. I doubt what they were doing would be approved by the MSF.

Last edited by WT; 09-30-2013 at 09:50..
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53   #49
DanaT
Pharaoh

I see many parallels to the Zimmerman case here.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:54   #50
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
WRONG.

Look at this. The biker was next to RR yelling or something then pulled in front of the RR and did a brake check.

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral

These bikers surrounded the RR and were trying to stop him by surrounding him.

Why were these bikes trying to surround him to start with?
I'll have to watch it again. Maybe the bikers start out antagonizing the suv. To me, it looked like the biker braked and the suv accidentally bumped him. I wasn't defending the actions of the bikers. I specifically referred to them as idiots. However, anytime you rear end someone, you're likely to be determined at fault, legally.

Tags
calamari, range rover, road rage, sonso'zeromc, team range rover!!!