Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:29   #1
Gonetodarkside
owl protector

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC, 1 dead.

Gonetodarkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32   #2
FullClip
CLM Number 171
NRA Benefactor

Ya' beat me to the post!

But according to this article from The Daily Mail, nobody was killed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-ride.html

I still think that almost any car is more than a match for any bike if it comes to a game of push and shove....

That's unless you've got Wez and The Humongous from "Road Warrior" chasing you around on the roads.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41   #3
RazorTM

I'm an avid sport bike rider, but if the Daily Mail story is accurate, then I side with the Range Rover driver in this case. I hope he was calling 911 as he attempted to escape.

Oh, and open carry would have prevented this.

Last edited by RazorTM; 09-30-2013 at 07:41..
RazorTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42   #4
mikeflys1
Pastafarian

What happened there? Looks like the squid was trying to brake check the truck. In which case, oh well....don't play tough guy with a 5,000 lb truck bearing down on ya.
mikeflys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:45   #5
hpracing007

Why were all of those motorcycles blocking the street and holding up traffic before the incident? I hate people who inconvenience me so meh.

**** motorcyclist who mess with traffic and "cagers" on the road, hope this taught them a lesson.

Last edited by hpracing007; 09-30-2013 at 07:46..
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:04   #6
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonetodarkside View Post
Wait...you mean, a bunch of doucbebag crotch-rocket-riding morons clogging up traffic, doing wheelies, and breaking the law pissed off another driver?!

Imagine that.

I'm not condoning the driver's actions, but at the same time: this was bound to happen sooner or later. No doubt some d-bag crotch-rocket-riding moron on here disagrees with me. Because, ya know: they have such a stellar record of safe driving. Saints, the lot of them.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:24   #7
hpracing007

Oh and to not sound totally cold...

Is the range rover okay?
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27   #8
droidfire

Looks like darwin claimed another one, if the story is true that one is dead - I would think it was the one who was posing for the camera in front of the range rover before getting hit...
droidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29   #9
dac1204

Wonder why the video went for almost 7 minutes but stopped like that. Guess he didnt want to show the people damagin the suv. Guy was out numbered and did eaxctly what i would hve in that case except I would not have went into traffic where you could get stopped.

Notice how the guy filiming kept looking back to see how many were coming with him?
dac1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32   #10
1-2man
Part Time

Wow!
1-2man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32   #11
Dan_ntx

The "sport bike" crowd here in the Dallas area makes the news frequently for blocking traffic and spooking motorists, some even raise the bar by slapping cars while surrounding them on the highway freaking the driver out.

I guess their helmets are too tight, many drivers can barely keep their car between the ditches with no distractions...riding motorcycles all around them and spooking them seems like a career limiting decision when they freak out and brake or spin the wheel.

It's never a good thing when people get run over, but if your actions continually bring that consequence on the table it's bound to happen. If you are perched on top of a machine that goes faster, stops faster, and flies like a football when struck by my 4000lb slow four wheeler...the onus is on you to keep yourself safe.
Dan_ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:33   #12
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpracing007 View Post
Why were all of those motorcycles blocking the street and holding up traffic before the incident? I hate people who inconvenience me so meh.

**** motorcyclist who mess with traffic and "cagers" on the road, hope this taught them a lesson.
They only stopped and blocked traffic after the range rover rear ended a bike.

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked. When he bumped into the bike, he stopped like he should. Then he fled to avoid being attacked by a mob of idiots. I wonder if they were on the phone with 911 while fleeing.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Kevinr20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:38   #13
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

PSG-WSP!

All that vibration between their legs has dulled their brains.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40   #14
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
Wait...you mean, a bunch of doucbebag crotch-rocket-riding morons clogging up traffic, doing wheelies, and breaking the law pissed off another driver?!

Imagine that.

I'm not condoning the driver's actions, but at the same time: this was bound to happen sooner or later. No doubt some d-bag crotch-rocket-riding moron on here disagrees with me. Because, ya know: they have such a stellar record of safe driving. Saints, the lot of them.

You mad? Jeez. I ride a sportsbike so I'm automatically a ****** bag moron. Eric rides some wicked fast ZX-14's. Stereotype much?
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams, August 20, 1789
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40   #15
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr20 View Post

It started off being the range rovers fault. He was following way too close when the bike braked. When he bumped into the bike, he stopped like he should. Then he fled to avoid being attacked by a mob of idiots. I wonder if they were on the phone with 911 while fleeing.
Watch that again. White bike guy was pushing him into the next lane to be a d-word. Then he cuts in front of him, looks back and brake-checks him.

Hard to "follow too close" when some dirtbag pulls in front of you.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42   #16
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

Quote:

You're kidding, right? Surrounded by what looks like 70'ish motorcycles, many of whom are riding irresponsibly and illegally, and you think the Range Rover was riding too close?

Get over yourself.

I will say that perhaps he should have pulled to the right, and waited for the mob to pass, then continued on his journey (that's what I would have done). If he had done this, there's a chance he wouldn't have rear-ended anyone.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:43   #17
Dan_ntx

Quote:

What video were you watching? The sport biker clearly pulled in front of the Rover and intentionally tried to stop traffic. Sorry the Rover driver didn't stop in time to watch the illegal stunt show that was surely to follow...but if you stop in the middle of the road right in front of a moving SUV you are subject to that SUV and the driver's ability to read your law breaking mind and not hit you...he didn't.

After that he was surrounded by surely level headed and rational motorcycle enthusiasts right? If he felt threatened...which seems to be the case...he acted in self preservation and removed himself from the situation. Judging by the biker that opened his door at the 5 min mark...I feel like that sort of thing may have happened at the original crash site.

If someone rips my door open in traffic I am absolutely going to think the worst and act fast (I hope) to keep myself and my passengers safe.

Where are the police? 100 bikes on the road and countless witnesses to some crazy behavior...no law in sight.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44   #18
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Waiter, another serving of calamari, please!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44   #19
Anon1

That there at the very end of the video is when we should have heard gunshots coming from the truck.

add: followed by throwing it into reverse and getting the hell out of there. Always leave an out when driving.

Last edited by Anon1; 09-30-2013 at 08:47..
Anon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45   #20
dac1204

Quote:

I dont see it the same way.

The bikers were blocking traffic by riding in such a tight group across all lanes. Do they not have slower traffic keep right laws there?

The guy on the bike brake checked the suv. Without being there I believe there was a confrontation. Before the film started rolling and that is why the bike brake checked him.

If i were hit like that I certainly would not go following the guy and beat him down like that. I guess it was the pack mentality.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47   #21
Dan_ntx

Quote:
You mad? Jeez. I ride a sportsbike so I'm automatically a ****** bag moron. Eric rides some wicked fast ZX-14's. Stereotype much?
Advil for pain, Midol for cramps.
There was no stereotyping, the video is absolutely about a bunch of d-bag sport bikers. Nowhere did anyone say EVERY sport biker is a d-bag, that would be a stereotype.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:48   #22
dac1204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
You're kidding, right? Surrounded by what looks like 70'ish motorcycles, many of whom are riding irresponsibly and illegally, and you think the Range Rover was riding too close?

Get over yourself.

I will say that perhaps he should have pulled to the right, and waited for the mob to pass, then continued on his journey (that's what I would have done). If he had done this, there's a chance he wouldn't have rear-ended anyone.
How do you pull over when they were blocking those lanes also?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:50   #23
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Friend of mine riding his bike, for some reason a 'little old lady in a Rambler' took a dislike to him, chased him down an ran him into a ditch ....

Everybody laughes when he tells the story, but he probably wasn't laughing at the time.

A good example of 'weight makes right' on the highway ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:51   #24
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ntx View Post
There was no stereotyping, the video is absolutely about a bunch of d-bag sport bikers. Nowhere did anyone say EVERY sport biker is a d-bag, that would be a stereotype.
Best is the moron that filmed it AND posted it basically made the case for the Rover driver. Payback sucks.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52   #25
Kevinr20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ntx View Post
The post I quoted specifically said "the lot of them" referring to ****** bag crotch rocket riders including the ones on this forum.

Tags
calamari, range rover, road rage, sonso'zeromc, team range rover!!!