Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 08:00   #21
JBP55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
I wonder what a G23C RTF2, or a G22C RTF2 will go for now.

At the gun store NIB about $525, used would be less.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:42   #22
CDW4ME
Senior Member
 
CDW4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,158
I have a 19c and its MIM free (made before 2008).
__________________
No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!
CDW4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:14   #23
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Favuzza View Post
My Glock Rep sent out an e-mail confirming that Compensated Glocks are now a thing of the past...
Is that e-mail from a factory Glock rep with a Glock e-mail address?

I've seen posts months ago about Glock distribution plans and when questioned, found that the "Glock rep" was a distributor-level rep - not a Glock employee.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 13:32   #24
AN-HERO
Invader
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: U.S.
Posts: 411
Cory Denney at Glock. Also, someone said this was old news. I was at my Glock Armorers Course and they were still considering the C Models as part of their product line. That was in early August.
__________________
"My interest in Al Gore's pronouncements could fit into a gnat's navel & still leave room for a Liberal's sense of humor." - Pat Sayjak
AN-HERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 13:35   #25
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Favuzza View Post
Cory Denney at Glock. Also, someone said this was old news. I was at my Glock Armorers Course and they were still considering the C Models as part of their product line. That was in early August.
Yep, spoken with him many times. Definitely Glock.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 13:40   #26
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
ALL “C” Models Will Be Discontinued
Good riddance. Are GAP models next?

Last edited by glock2740; 08-24-2013 at 13:41..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 14:50   #27
GLK8876919
Lifetime Membership
Confused...
 
GLK8876919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NRA LIFE MEMBER
Posts: 969
i have a Gen4 G35, the top of the slide near front sight is slotted like a C slide. i assumed they made 1 slide for regular and compensated. now i think i'm wrong. was this for less weight?
GLK8876919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 15:15   #28
JBP55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLK8876919 View Post
i have a Gen4 G35, the top of the slide near front sight is slotted like a C slide. i assumed they made 1 slide for regular and compensated. now i think i'm wrong. was this for less weight?
For less weight.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 15:26   #29
GLK8876919
Lifetime Membership
Confused...
 
GLK8876919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NRA LIFE MEMBER
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
For less weight.
thanks. seeing they are discontinuing the C they could just produce all slides in compensated design and offer ported or regular barrels... or is that too simple?
GLK8876919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 15:35   #30
Ryobi
SummertimeRules
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,416
I thought the 35 had a rectangle cut out for weight, far different than the slots in a c model.
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 16:32   #31
JBP55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
I thought the 35 had a rectangle cut out for weight, far different than the slots in a c model.

You are correct.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 16:38   #32
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 22,404
The email seems to suggest they will still be capable of producing them for agency sales. I am not sure what IOP or sub-d sales are; is it possible that if a distributor ordered a sufficient quantity that they would be discontinued much the same as the OD frame was discontinued?
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 16:52   #33
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Thanks. I've never seen any need for the Cs, myself.
However, I am on a waiting list for a Gen3 Model 20....so that kind of stinks. Guess I'm now on a waiting list for a Gen4!
You can still get a Gen3 SF 20...
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 17:50   #34
JBP55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
The email seems to suggest they will still be capable of producing them for agency sales. I am not sure what IOP or sub-d sales are; is it possible that if a distributor ordered a sufficient quantity that they would be discontinued much the same as the OD frame was discontinued?
A Sub D dealer is an authorized Glock retailer who can purchase Blue Label Glocks from a distributor for approximately $30 more than a LEO Glock dealer pays and the Sub D dealer sells them for approximately $30 more. Same Blue Label qualifications to purchase apply. The LEO dealer gets his pistols directly from Glock.
JBP55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 23:37   #35
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
At the gun store NIB about $525, used would be less.
Those particular models are few and far between.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:09   #36
Jeffrey Lebowski
Not a golfer
 
Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
You can still get a Gen3 SF 20...
Yeah, sort of saw that comment coming....
I'm 6'5" and could palm a full size NBA basketball in about 6th grade.

Incidentally, I was at the LGS last night and I did look at the Gen3 20 they had in stock. That was about right, but the more I thought about it, I might like it even more in Gen4 with the bigger backstraps to build it up even bigger yet. Since this is what I'm on a waiting list for, I'm going to go for that! Seems like it may work out even better.


Last edited by Jeffrey Lebowski; 08-25-2013 at 08:11..
Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 23:31   #37
AustinTx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tx
Posts: 8,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLK8876919 View Post
thanks. seeing they are discontinuing the C they could just produce all slides in compensated design and offer ported or regular barrels... or is that too simple?
The weight cutout compensation is in the slide and the ports (C-slots) are in the barrel. The slides ARE all the same between the 9mm and 40 S&W full size P/T frames and have always been.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 00:41   #38
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock
 
mrsurfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,790
I see Glock is beginning to phase out certain Gen 3 models. I imagine all Gen 3s will be phased out eventually.
__________________
Sig P225/S&W 60, 66, M&P 45, M&P 9c, 1911SC/Glock G22 Gen4, G23 Gen4 & G36/Kimber Pro Tactical II/Ruger Mk II/H&K P30, 45c/Colt Defender
mrsurfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 00:41   #39
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock
 
mrsurfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
You can still get a Gen3 SF 20...
For now.
__________________
Sig P225/S&W 60, 66, M&P 45, M&P 9c, 1911SC/Glock G22 Gen4, G23 Gen4 & G36/Kimber Pro Tactical II/Ruger Mk II/H&K P30, 45c/Colt Defender
mrsurfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13   #40
Slug71
Senior Member
 
Slug71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oregon - U.S.A
Posts: 4,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Yeah, sort of saw that comment coming....
I'm 6'5" and could palm a full size NBA basketball in about 6th grade.

Incidentally, I was at the LGS last night and I did look at the Gen3 20 they had in stock. That was about right, but the more I thought about it, I might like it even more in Gen4 with the bigger backstraps to build it up even bigger yet. Since this is what I'm on a waiting list for, I'm going to go for that! Seems like it may work out even better.

Ahh..got ya.
Good luck.
__________________
GSSF Member
Bull Dawgs Club #571
Rimfire Club #571
Slug71 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
cancellation, compensated, glock, glock c compensated
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 971
252 Members
719 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31