GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2014, 00:20   #1
glockman66

Using Snipers To Protect A Tortoise(Snail Darter/Spotted Owl, Pt. 2)

Cliven Bundy may not be standing on solid ground(owes .gov $300,000+) in his "Beef" with the BLM. But what is really screwy and casts doubt on the .gov's story is that the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center had to euthanize a bunch of tortoises because:
1. They had too many of them
2. Releasing the tortoises back into the wild would stress native population with overcrowding(from another article).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbla...ct-a-tortoise/
David Blackmon, Contributor
Energy
4/09/2014 @ 10:02PM |1,658 views
Using Snipers To Protect A Tortoise

Last edited by glockman66; 04-10-2014 at 00:22..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:16   #2
AA_Khost

Fox News is reporting the Nevada Governor and a Nevada Senator are condemning the BLM for their heavy-handed tactics.
It appears they have been dealing with him for 20 years?
Hope it turns out okay for both sides

'Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'-Thomas Jefferson
AA_Khost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:25   #3
mgs
Always Carrying

And they reported the Turtle project is closing so they will be killing all the Turtles they saved. Typical Gooberment Program.
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:08   #4
RedTop

This whole thing could get ugly real quick... Another Waco or Ruby Ridge.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/blm-ran...nch-emergency/

Last edited by RedTop; 04-11-2014 at 08:23..
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:25   #5
RenoF250

The tortoise program has been a ridiculous boondoggle from the beginning. They have never been at risk and the program has done nothing to save them. Just a bunch of envirohippies using the government to strong arm people. I grew up in Clark County and the turtles caused many building delays etc. Also, if you wanted to build a house on your land you had to pay a $3,500 turtle study fee to have the hippies come out and check your property for turtles. Then if they found one you had to pay a turtle relocation fee. I was told that was something like $20k.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49   #6
vikingsoftpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTop View Post

It has that potential. It all depends on how much the BLM rangers want to shed blood to please His Barakness.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine
vikingsoftpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:30   #7
Booker

As bad as the government thugs are, the real bastards are the other cowboys who they hired to round up the cattle. Sell Outs!
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16   #8
racerford

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTop View Post

http://freebeacon.com/issues/blm-ran...nch-emergency/
Neither of those situations was a problem from the governemnt's perspective. No one in the government went to jail (really even held accountable in any meaningful way) for their actions.

I can't remember anyone being convicted of the crimes that the original warrants were for. So a lot of dead people for no real original crime. Many of the dead were women and children.

Last edited by racerford; 04-11-2014 at 12:18..
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:38   #9
clancy

[QUOTE=vikingsoftpaw;21152537]It has that potential. It all depends on how much the BLM rangers want to shed blood to please His Barakness.[/QUOTE

It doesn't really matter who is president, when one defies the Federal Government(or state and local governments for that matter) one is going to have to deal with severe repercussions, whether they be financial, the taking of one's freedom, or even one's life.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 13:13   #10
frank4570
Feral human

"The trouble started when Bundy stopped paying grazing fees in 1993. He said he didn't have to because his Mormon ancestors worked the land since the 1880s, giving him rights to the land."

So, he's saying that he can do what he wants to whether the federal government says it is illegal or not. That sounds like it will be a problem.
But, yeah, the government is going WAY overboard with the guns and trucks and helicopters. A good way to get people needlessly killed.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 13:28   #11
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
It has that potential. It all depends on how much the BLM rangers want to shed blood to please His Barakness.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 13:35   #12
JamesPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
The tortoise program has been a ridiculous boondoggle from the beginning. They have never been at risk and the program has done nothing to save them. Just a bunch of envirohippies using the government to strong arm people. I grew up in Clark County and the turtles caused many building delays etc. Also, if you wanted to build a house on your land you had to pay a $3,500 turtle study fee to have the hippies come out and check your property for turtles. Then if they found one you had to pay a turtle relocation fee. I was told that was something like $20k.
Nope. Before I pay a dime I'm going over every square inch of MY land and eradicating every pest I find.
JamesPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 13:38   #13
glockman66

http://www.nevadabusiness.com/2013/1...ortoises-roam/
Home, Home on the Range: Where the Desert Tortoises Roam?
November 1, 2013 By Lyle Brennan

"You may have read recently that the center(Desert Tortoise Conservation Center, my emphasis) was so overcrowded with tortoises that they had to euthanize many of them. They couldn’t release them into the wild because that would cause overcrowding in the native population."

Last edited by glockman66; 04-11-2014 at 13:39..
Old 04-11-2014, 13:50   #14
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
And they reported the Turtle project is closing so they will be killing all the Turtles they saved. Typical Gooberment Program.
They can kill thousands of tortoises, but they can't stop them from voting for Harry Reid.

Old 04-11-2014, 14:03   #15
Obi Wan

Might THIS be the REAL reason behind everything???

I'm usually pretty cautious about anything from Alex Jones, but this story sure has a solid ring to it...

Quote:
Breaking: Sen. Harry Reid Behind BLM Land Grab of Bundy Ranch

BLM attempted cover-up of Sen. Reid/Chinese gov’t takeover of ranch for solar farm.

Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
April 11, 2014

The Bureau of Land Management, whose Director was Sen. Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations.

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen...f-bundy-ranch/
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Virg Muelleri

Last edited by Obi Wan; 04-11-2014 at 14:03..
Obi Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 14:08   #16
glockman66

[quote=clancy;21152905]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
It has that potential. It all depends on how much the BLM rangers want to shed blood to please His Barakness.[/QUOTE

It doesn't really matter who is president, when one defies the Federal Government(or state and local governments for that matter) one is going to have to deal with severe repercussions, whether they be financial, the taking of one's freedom, or even one's life.
Obama and Holder seem to have been getting away with defying the Rule of Law and the US Constitution and they get to party, play golf and travel a lot.
Old 04-11-2014, 14:22   #17
glockman66

More on Dingy Harry Reid's role in this debacle.

http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-...e-bundy-ranch/
The Real Story Behind The Bundy Ranch Harassment
Posted on April 11, 2014 by Dana radio

"*UPDATE: Those who say Bundy is a “deadbeat” are making inaccurate claims. Bundy has in fact paid fees to Clark County, Nevada in an arrangement pre-dating the BLM. The BLM arrived much later, changed the details of the setup without consulting with Bundy — or any other rancher — and then began systematically driving out cattle and ranchers."

Last edited by glockman66; 04-11-2014 at 14:23..
Old 04-11-2014, 14:33   #18
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
"The trouble started when Bundy stopped paying grazing fees in 1993. He said he didn't have to because his Mormon ancestors worked the land since the 1880s, giving him rights to the land."

So, he's saying that he can do what he wants to whether the federal government says it is illegal or not. That sounds like it will be a problem.
But, yeah, the government is going WAY overboard with the guns and trucks and helicopters. A good way to get people needlessly killed.
This has been escalating for over 20 years. The BLM has negotiated, used the legal system, offered to reimburse him for improvements made to the land and gotten multiple court orders requiring him to stop illegally grazing. Finally, after two decades of allowing him to illegally graze they give him one last chance to remove the cattle or have the BLM do it for him to which he responded with threats of violence. If anyone's guilty of going overboard, it's the rancher.

Last edited by HarlDane; 04-11-2014 at 14:34..
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 14:36   #19
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlDane View Post
This has been escalating for over 20 years. The BLM has negotiated, used the legal system, offered to reimburse him for improvements made to the land and gotten multiple court orders requiring him to stop illegally grazing. Finally, after two decades of allowing him to illegally graze they give him one last chance to remove the cattle or have the BLM do it for him to which he responded with threats of violence. If anyone's guilty of going overboard, it's the rancher.

Shale mining leases. Payoffs. Intimidation. Hmmmm who is going overboard?

It's not just solar panels.... follow the money trail

http://www.naturalnews.com/044670_BL...dy_ranch.html#

Last edited by eb07; 04-11-2014 at 14:38..
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 14:46   #20
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Shale mining leases. Payoffs. Intimidation. Hmmmm who is going overboard?

It's not just solar panels.... follow the money trail

http://www.naturalnews.com/044670_BL...dy_ranch.html#
And it's still not his land. When you suck off the government teat for twenty years, I'm sure it sucks to have it ripped away, but I'm not going to feel bad for you. If he wants to continue ranching, I suggest he go and buy a cattle ranch.

If the government was taking private land for a shale lease I'd be outraged.
Old 04-11-2014, 14:48   #21
eb07
Sharkin'

More of this overboard activity:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...county-nevada/

Cliffnotes:

They stopped using the money he paid for improvements, and started using it to run off other ranchers.

He offered to pay the county, they refused.

He then used his own money for management and improvements which the feds were supposed to do with collected tax money and stopped doing. Instead started using it to buy ranchers out.

they low balled him. He refused as his family has been there forever. They started using strong arm tactics and evoked the environmental angle.

Solar panels?
Shale leases?

Whatever the reason they want all the ranchers OFF that land because they want to make money off of it.

HarlDane I know you are so californicated that you will just take whatever s%$#sandwich the government will feed you and thank them, but this man is standing up for his rights. He never did freeload. His family was there and pioneered that land. They have every right to be there.

But you think big gov is right and maybe they should shove him and his family on a reservation in exchange for what they want..... oh wait... dejavu

It is getting ridiculous. BLM is fencing off hundreds of thousands of square miles of "federal land" deeming it unmanageable, meaning we cannot use it then they turn around and sell mining or wind farm or solar array rights to it and we just sit back and let it happen.

Again HE WAS NOT FRELOADING. He was demanding ACCOUNTABILITY for his fees. He stopped paying when they stopped improving and managing. Which was part of the law/agreement.

but of course, .gov changed the rules midstream, demanded compliance and pushed someone into a corner and now they don't like it that he isn't kneeling down to kiss the ring.

I dont agree with you, I dont care what you say about it and I hope this man prevails.

Last edited by eb07; 04-11-2014 at 14:52..
Old 04-11-2014, 15:00   #22
eb07
Sharkin'

Time to open your eyes as to what is really happening. I suggest this as a must read for anyone on either side of this debate:

http://rangemagazine.com/specialrepo...l_landlord.pdf

There is a bigger broader issue here.

But don't worry. After they destroy all the farming and ranching in this country, just like they did to the manufacturing base, and they are trying to do with energy.

You will sleep comfortably knowing that we will rely more and more on foreign countries to provide our food.
Old 04-11-2014, 15:01   #23
HarlDane

Quote:
More of this overboard activity:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...county-nevada/

Cliffnotes:

They stopped using the money he paid for improvements, and started using it to run off other ranchers.

He offered to pay the county, they refused.
Why should the county be paid, they don't own the land.

Quote:
He then used his own money for management and improvements which the feds were supposed to do with collected tax money and stopped doing. Instead started using it to buy ranchers out.

they low balled him. He refused as his family has been there forever. They started using strong arm tactics and evoked the environmental angle.

Solar panels?
Shale leases?

Whatever the reason they want all the ranchers OFF that land because they want to make money off of it.

HarlDane I know you are so californicated that you will just take whatever s%$#sandwich the government will feed you and thank them, but this man is standing up for his rights. He never did freeload. His family was there and pioneered that land. They have every right to be there.
You and others keep talking about rights. Show me where this man has rights to the land he's grazing on. A deed, a title, a contract, anything that gives him the right to use the land. Show me.

Quote:
But you think big gov is right and maybe they should shove him and his family on a reservation in exchange for what they want..... oh wait... dejavu

It is getting ridiculous. BLM is fencing off hundreds of thousands of square miles of "federal land" deeming it unmanageable, meaning we cannot use it then they turn around and sell mining or wind farm or solar array rights to it and we just sit back and let it happen.
You have a problem selling solar and mining leases but not cattle grazing leases?
Old 04-11-2014, 15:02   #24
eb07
Sharkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlDane View Post
Why should the county be paid, they don't own the land.

You and others keep talking about rights. Show me where this man has rights to the land he's grazing on. A deed, a title, a contract, anything that gives him the right to use the land. Show me.

You have a problem selling solar and mining leases but not cattle grazing leases?
One day the government will have no need for you anymore and a death panel will decide that someone elses needs are more important than yours....

just like they have decided that the mines and solar arrays are more profitable than the ranchers now.

Show me where they feds have the rights to that land over the states?

Read the article I posted, it explains how the feds stole that land ( twice now). I am done with your progressive mindset. You wont change my mind, I wont change yours. It must be a Kalifornia thing.

Last edited by eb07; 04-11-2014 at 15:04..
Old 04-11-2014, 15:06   #25
eb07
Sharkin'

Oh and don't forget about the danger to the desert tortoise that the BLM keeps using as their rally cry....

oh wait

http://www.kingsnake.com/blog/archiv...-of-money.html