SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-16-2014, 21:41   #1
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Facebook local selling groups....

I was a Facebook nay sayer for a long time. Recently gave it a whirl and its been a fun tool to get back in touch with folks that got out of this town and I had lost track of.

Now with that being said on to the point of me posting this thread. There's local groups you can join where you can sell stuff. Every once in a while somebody will post a cry out for help and many folks are quick to jump in and aid in assistance.

Tonight's one was...

A single mother of two that's six months pregnant was in an abusive relationship. She "lost" everything and her twins don't have a bed to sleep in and needs help.

Now, that sounds sad but upon further investigation on my part out of the hell of it. She doesn't work, doesn't have a car, can't afford the two she has but was excited to have another. One thing in her timeline was wanting five kids or more.

It got good when her sister called her out and said oh great another welfare baby that won't even have a chance.

So many are quick just to throw free stuff at people it blows my mind.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 21:46   #2
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

I should ad she has a boyfriend now that sends her letters. I can only imagine the kind of people that still send letters.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Old 09-16-2014, 22:23   #3
GamerGirl
100% Relevant

I just cannot tell you how irritated I am by people who do this. One of my school mates from high school is on like her seventh taxpayer sponsored baby. The absolute worst part to me is how everyone clamors to give her all of these dumb platitudes about how wonderful it is she's pregnant. Um, it isn't wonderful at all. It's actually quite horrible. Oh, and of course she can't work because babies and her husband can only work part time due to a disability that I can only assume is crippling stupidity and fecklessness.

She's also a ham handed grifter that posts constantly about needing stuff but poses it like "I need to fix my electrical wiring in my house but am short on cash. Can anyone think of a creative way to handle this? Literally "give me money".

Once I actually posted and asked if she was asking how to get electrical wiring for free because the only way I knew to get home repairs was to either charge them to a credit card or save up money ahead of time and she got incredibly offended saying all she was doing was trying to be creative and see what solutions people had. I told her "this is very out of the box, but have you considered you or your husband getting a job?" And of course everyone got super offended and I am a horrible person and I can't lie that I enjoyed it immensely.

When I do it I'm "wasted" and "have to leave Home Depot immediately"
GamerGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 22:25   #4
JustMelissa

Have a few of these local fb sale pages in our area.. there are mostly, what I will call "normal" legit type stuff where people are doing a de clutter, or selling so they don't have to have a garage sale or just make a few bucks. I see furniture, gently used clothes, tires, sometimes a boat or car . There are a couple of trainwreck types that are always in crisis. Trying to make rent, hustle something. We just kind of sift around those. If they get too bad, the admins will sometimes limit them. It gets weird too. One guy was selling all of his "bed room" equipment.. Seriously dude. No one is buying your "trapeze and lotions!"

Last edited by JustMelissa; 09-16-2014 at 22:26..
JustMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 22:38   #5
Cubdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folsom_Prison View Post
I was a Facebook nay sayer for a long time. Recently gave it a whirl and its been a fun tool to get back in touch with folks that got out of this town and I had lost track of.

Now with that being said on to the point of me posting this thread. There's local groups you can join where you can sell stuff. Every once in a while somebody will post a cry out for help and many folks are quick to jump in and aid in assistance.

Tonight's one was...

A single mother of two that's six months pregnant was in an abusive relationship. She "lost" everything and her twins don't have a bed to sleep in and needs help.

Now, that sounds sad but upon further investigation on my part out of the hell of it. She doesn't work, doesn't have a car, can't afford the two she has but was excited to have another. One thing in her timeline was wanting five kids or more.

It got good when her sister called her out and said oh great another welfare baby that won't even have a chance.

So many are quick just to throw free stuff at people it blows my mind.
Holiday dinners with the family must be a laugh riot!!

-Pat
Old 09-16-2014, 22:54   #6
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Well I couldn't contain myself and let the cat out the bag. It's safe to say I'm the "bad guy now"

8-Ball
Old 09-16-2014, 22:57   #7
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGirl View Post
I just cannot tell you how irritated I am by people who do this. One of my school mates from high school is on like her seventh taxpayer sponsored baby. The absolute worst part to me is how everyone clamors to give her all of these dumb platitudes about how wonderful it is she's pregnant. Um, it isn't wonderful at all. It's actually quite horrible. Oh, and of course she can't work because babies and her husband can only work part time due to a disability that I can only assume is crippling stupidity and fecklessness.

She's also a ham handed grifter that posts constantly about needing stuff but poses it like "I need to fix my electrical wiring in my house but am short on cash. Can anyone think of a creative way to handle this? Literally "give me money".

Once I actually posted and asked if she was asking how to get electrical wiring for free because the only way I knew to get home repairs was to either charge them to a credit card or save up money ahead of time and she got incredibly offended saying all she was doing was trying to be creative and see what solutions people had. I told her "this is very out of the box, but have you considered you or your husband getting a job?" And of course everyone got super offended and I am a horrible person and I can't lie that I enjoyed it immensely.
I said to her crony 20 bucks says she will be back with her con when he gets out of the pen and get knocked up with a fourth kid she can't afford. I added I always see subway is hiring.....

Apparently I'm very jidgemental.

8-Ball
Old Yesterday, 06:53   #8
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:

Lots of good stuff in here, about your old classmate.

Creative ways for electrical wiring? Does that mean doing it so your house burns down, or does that mean creative ways to pay for it, such as prostitution, or tricking people into giving you money

Getting a job may just not be an option, if you can creatively avoid it
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17   #9
fireguy129
NRA Member 2008

Quote:
I should ad she has a boyfriend now that sends her letters. I can only imagine the kind of people that still send letters.
I think facebook is blocked in the county pen.
fireguy129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:08   #10
NEP

Some people just have no shame at all. If I was going to be a moocher or a leech I definitely wouldn't be advertising to the world on Facebook. I'm a very prideful person and just don't understand how people can just flat out ask for shit, especially when it's apparent that they are literally counter productive at doing anything to help themselves. I have been too proud to ask for a jump start, a tow out of a ditch, and even decline when offered, even though it left me in a bind. I think maybe I have mental problems or something when I see how completely dependent people can be. My wife's sister comes to mind and that... And there's just not enough hours in the day for me to exhaust all my frustrations with "these people"
NEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:31   #11
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
He sends her more than letters, it seems. Maybe you could make a donation of some Obamacondoms.

Quote:
I just cannot tell you how irritated I am by people who do this. One of my school mates from high school is on like her seventh taxpayer sponsored baby. .
"It's a uterus, honey, not a freakin clown car."
Old Yesterday, 08:33   #12
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP View Post
Some people just have no shame at all. If I was going to be a moocher or a leech I definitely wouldn't be advertising to the world on Facebook. I'm a very prideful person and just don't understand how people can just flat out ask for ****, especially when it's apparent that they are literally counter productive at doing anything to help themselves. I have been too proud to ask for a jump start, a tow out of a ditch, and even decline when offered, even though it left me in a bind. I think maybe I have mental problems or something when I see how completely dependent people can be. My wife's sister comes to mind and that... And there's just not enough hours in the day for me to exhaust all my frustrations with "these people"
Oh they have pride, too. There is a family I know - we used to be very close. They are, top to bottom, some of the most charismatic people in the world. And ego to kill an African Elephant. They have no problem asking/borrowing/taking. It's PART of their ego. "Oh, I deserve this."

It isn't pride. It's a messed up sense of self. You have a good one. The moochers don't.

(Worst is the daughter who never talks to my daughter. . . except to borrow or take something. "Oh sorry, I'm at work, I can't help you" is a common theme these days.)
Old Yesterday, 19:14   #13
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
I generally limit myself to the local firearms buy and sell pages, but my bank account hates me for it. I had to disable notifications for that group because as people get desperate for money, apparently their "toys" like guns, boats, cars, etc are the first things to go. Who knew?
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 20:16   #14
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEP View Post
Some people just have no shame at all. If I was going to be a moocher or a leech I definitely wouldn't be advertising to the world on Facebook. I'm a very prideful person and just don't understand how people can just flat out ask for ****, especially when it's apparent that they are literally counter productive at doing anything to help themselves. I have been too proud to ask for a jump start, a tow out of a ditch, and even decline when offered, even though it left me in a bind. I think maybe I have mental problems or something when I see how completely dependent people can be. My wife's sister comes to mind and that... And there's just not enough hours in the day for me to exhaust all my frustrations with "these people"
Yea no shame at all is right. I'm not opposed to asking somebody for a jump start in a pinch or something like that. I've done that before, that's one thing.

To come completely out and ask for whatever items you may have from total strangers is a different story. I investigated her FB page again and her "boo" apologized to her for "going back in". How much he loves her and never meant to hurt her, blah blah blah. We all know how these story's turn out, they go back a runnin to the bad boy then wonder why it all happens again.

I'm an ass I guess, I just don't feel sorry for these kinds of people. Your not even fit to own a dog let along kids!

Funny thing is somebody turned her into SRS today, she probably thinks I did it.

8-Ball
Old Yesterday, 20:31   #15
Huaco Kid

I went to walmart today, in a relatively nice town. First thing I noticed is that there was a guy with a cardboard sign at the end of almost every parking isle. Each one said something as I drove by.

When I came out, I was sitting in my car and punching an address into my gps. A young girl startled me when she knocked on my window. She wanted me to buy diapers. "You can watch me buy them! You can even watch me change the baby!" (Across the way, some guy was holding a kid (wearing diapers) that was waaaay too old to be in diapers.)

I just told her, "No thanks."

She got really mad.
Huaco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:11   #16
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

It's sad but honestly it's the times we face. I may be wrong here but IMO the welfare system has totally screwed some people's mentality.

Hey they will give me free food, money ect, maybe this SOB will buy my some diapers. I'll admit I'm far from perfect, but I've got a decent job, no bastard kids and I've been working on turning some things around in my life I screwed up in my early 20's.

But I'm not on the gubbmint teet, sucking down society.

8-Ball
Old Yesterday, 23:24   #17
GamerGirl
100% Relevant

Quote:
It's sad but honestly it's the times we face. I may be wrong here but IMO the welfare system has totally screwed some people's mentality.

Hey they will give me free food, money ect, maybe this SOB will buy my some diapers. I'll admit I'm far from perfect, but I've got a decent job, no bastard kids and I've been working on turning some things around in my life I screwed up in my early 20's.

But I'm not on the gubbmint teet, sucking down society.
Relevant:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...are-Dependency

When I do it I'm "wasted" and "have to leave Home Depot immediately"
GamerGirl is online now   Reply With Quote