Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:15   #1
roscoepcoaltrain

Witness in Ferguson Shooting

Witness testified at secret Grand Jury hearing about the officer who shot unarmed person in Ferguson. Claims he saw event from start to finish.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...88ec79349.html
Old 10-17-2014, 06:39   #2
ronin.45

The article won't show up for me, but the video clearly states they didn't see the beginning of the altercation and only looked over after the gunshots began.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:45   #3
fowl intent

At this point, what truly happened that day doesn't matter one little bit, at least to those who are waiting for an opportunity to loot and riot.
fowl intent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:48   #4
Huaco Kid

I'll be working about five miles from Ferguson next week.

I'm hoping that the GJ holds it's decision until after that.

(I will be taking a dark hoodie with me for "disappearing in plain sight", if needed.)
Huaco Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:54   #5
AA_Khost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
The article won't show up for me, but the video clearly states they didn't see the beginning of the altercation and only looked over after the gunshots began.
Among the recollections of the witness, who agreed to an interview on the condition that his name not be used, were:

• After an initial scuffle in the car, the officer did not fire until Brown turned back toward him.

• Brown put his arms out to his sides but never raised his hands high.

• Brown staggered toward Wilson despite commands to stop.

• The two were about 20 to 25 feet apart when the last shots were fired.

He would not detail what he had told the grand jury but said the members seemed fair and asked a lot of questions.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...rles-c-w-cooke

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
AA_Khost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:30   #6
kiole

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl intent View Post
At this point, what truly happened that day doesn't matter one little bit, at least to those who are waiting for an opportunity to loot and riot.
and on the other side what truly happened doesn't matter anyway as brown was a "thug".

My opinion is until I've seen all the facts I can't draw any definitive conclusion. My gut tells me it was a justified shooting or at least provoked. I can't say it was a good shoot until I've seen more facts. I view most of the witness statements with skepticism considering how many don't jive with the known facts.

Last edited by kiole; 10-17-2014 at 07:30..
kiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:17   #7
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowl intent View Post
If I were Wilson I would almost want to go to trial, have it televised, and have the world watch the case fall apart. So far the case against him isn't clicking.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:23   #8
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
If I were Wilson I would almost want to go to trial, have it televised, and have the world watch the case fall apart. So far the case against him isn't clicking.
I dont think you would actually want to be on trial. I dont think you would want to have a felony charge against you.

A trial is a crap shoot. Depending who you get a on jury can greatly affect the outcome.

Lets say for instance that you are tried in that area and you get a jury full of black people. Would you really want to take that gamble?
Old 10-17-2014, 08:31   #9
Z71bill

How long does it normally take for a Grand jury to review a case and make a decision?

Shooting was August 9TH
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:31   #10
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I dont think you would actually want to be on trial. I dont think you would want to have a felony charge against you.

A trial is a crap shoot. Depending who you get a on jury can greatly affect the outcome.

Lets say for instance that you are tried in that area and you get a jury full of black people. Would you really want to take that gamble?
Juries can be swayed by public opinion. Given the coverage, it would be hard to have a fair trial in the St. Louis area. Everyone already thinks they know what happened.
Windham SRC
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:45   #11
NIB

Quote:
Nope!! I have lost faith in the justice system and the people that wind up on a jury. We saw the case fall apart with Zimmerman and the jury found him not guilty but whos to say that the same will happen in this trial. What will stop a jury from finding Officer Darren Wilson guilty as a way to "stick it to the man" irregardless of the evidence. I remember watching a documentary about the OJ Simpson jury and that is what exactly happened. They came with a not guilty verdict as a means of payback to "the man".
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's Heaven and Hell
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:30   #12
hooligan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
How long does it normally take for a Grand jury to review a case and make a decision?

Shooting was August 9TH
A grand jury will begin hearing evidence tomorrow in the police shooting death of Ferguson, Missouri, teenager Michael Brown, as violent clashes continued in the St. Louis suburb.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-tomorrow.html

Article dated 19 AUG, so nearly 2 months later and they're still hearing testimony/being presented with evidence.

Can't make a decision until all the evidence has been presented.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:41   #13
M&P15T
Beard One

That entire article is redacted, blanked-over in white.

I would imagine someone had second thoughts about the testimony, and didn't want it released.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:54   #14
HarlDane

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
That entire article is redacted, blanked-over in white.

I would imagine someone had second thoughts about the testimony, and didn't want it released.
If they wanted it redacted, they would have taken the page down.

If you look, you need to answer a question about one of their advertisers in order to read the article. Mine was about how familiar I was with the Nissan Leaf.
HarlDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:04   #15
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

This witness has been found out to be basically making this up, there was no way he could have witnessed all that from where he was known to have been at the time, plus he's been on social media saying all sorts of stuff that impugns this testimony.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:15   #16
F14Scott
CLM Number 283
Luggage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post

Shooting was August 9TH
If it's December and 15 degrees, that might cut down on the rioting.

Also, November elections.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:17   #17
M&P15T
Beard One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlDane View Post
If they wanted it redacted, they would have taken the page down.

If you look, you need to answer a question about one of their advertisers in order to read the article. Mine was about how familiar I was with the Nissan Leaf.
I'm not drunk!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:26   #18
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
Nope!! I have lost faith in the justice system and the people that wind up on a jury. We saw the case fall apart with Zimmerman and the jury found him not guilty but whos to say that the same will happen in this trial. What will stop a jury from finding Officer Darren Wilson guilty as a way to "stick it to the man" irregardless of the evidence. I remember watching a documentary about the OJ Simpson jury and that is what exactly happened. They came with a not guilty verdict as a means of payback to "the man".
Juries are very reluctant to convict. That's why DAs hate trials. They have just slightly better than a 50/50 shot of winning. Granted a lot of the wobbly cases go to trial because the weak ones usually get tossed, the strong ones plead out, and so the ones on the fence go to trial.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:38   #19
F106 Fan

Quote:
Juries are very reluctant to convict. That's why DAs hate trials. They have just slightly better than a 50/50 shot of winning. Granted a lot of the wobbly cases go to trial because the weak ones usually get tossed, the strong ones plead out, and so the ones on the fence go to trial.
And the good news is that it only takes one dissent to result in a 'hung jury'. Local news and events work both ways. There might be some folks who look at the riots and say, "oh, **** no, I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of a conviction!".

The downside to a hung jury is that the prosecution gets to refine their presentation before the second trial. They can interview jurors and find out what they thought was lacking. Of course, the defense lawyers have the same opportunity although the jurors may not be as cooperative if they thought the defendant was actually guilty. Goes both ways, I suppose, depending on the vote.

Richard
Old 10-17-2014, 11:03   #20
racer11

I just got back from Cabelas after I purchased 200 rnds of 00 buck just in case of you know what..