Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-17-2013, 22:26   #1
attrapereves

Glock 29 FTF

Posted this in the 10 ring, but I figured I'd repost here to get more traffic...

I noticed something today while going through my range logs for the past year. Every time I have taken the 29 to the range since January 1, it has had at least one failure. Failures are usually failure to feeds (usually the nose of the bullet will jam on the side of the chamber or the top), or the slide locks back with rounds in the mag. Brass appears in good shape. However, some of the hotter loads look like the slide closed slightly on them.

I noticed that two of my 10rnd mags have one follower design, and the other two have a different follower design. I am going to pay close attention next time at the range to determine if it's a magazine issue. It could also be a RSA issue. The gun has the older RSA. Will Glock provide the upgraded version to me?

I use the same ammo in my Glock 20 and have never had an issue. However, based on what I've read, I believe the 29 to be more finicky than the 20.

Obviously I cannot trust this pistol for carry at the moment, but I'm not sure what to do. Any tips? Has anyone had trouble with their 29? This is the only Glock I've really ever had problems with.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:07   #2
BigBore45

I have a glock 29SF purchased earlier this year, it runs 100% with the stock recoil assembly and a Wolff guide rod with a 21 pound spring . It eats everything from Winchester silvertips 175 grain to Underwood and Double Tap 200 grain.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
BigBore45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 19:11   #3
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
Posted this in the 10 ring, but I figured I'd repost here to get more traffic...

I noticed something today while going through my range logs for the past year. Every time I have taken the 29 to the range since January 1, it has had at least one failure. Failures are usually failure to feeds (usually the nose of the bullet will jam on the side of the chamber or the top), or the slide locks back with rounds in the mag. Brass appears in good shape. However, some of the hotter loads look like the slide closed slightly on them.

I noticed that two of my 10rnd mags have one follower design, and the other two have a different follower design. I am going to pay close attention next time at the range to determine if it's a magazine issue. It could also be a RSA issue. The gun has the older RSA. Will Glock provide the upgraded version to me?

I use the same ammo in my Glock 20 and have never had an issue. However, based on what I've read, I believe the 29 to be more finicky than the 20.

Obviously I cannot trust this pistol for carry at the moment, but I'm not sure what to do. Any tips? Has anyone had trouble with their 29? This is the only Glock I've really ever had problems with.

Put tape on each G29 magazine you own and use all of them... Mark the tape on each mag when an FTF occurs... See if all the FTF events occur with one particular magazine...

This is exactly what happened in 2006, with my wife's new OD G19... We swapped out the problematic magazine and have had zero problems since...

Let us know what the deal was!

Good luck!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 19:25   #4
DOC44

sometimes stove pipes are due to limp wristing or woozy loads (hard to imagine in factory 10s)

slide lock problem with no extended slide lock lever.... mag/follower.

got G29 gen 3 that eats everything.

Doc44

Last edited by DOC44; 09-20-2013 at 19:26..
DOC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 19:31   #5
Green Mountain Boy

I had similar malfs until I went to a 21lb spring. My issue was only with hot loads. It works like a champ now !

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote