GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 13:15   #1
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,976
Another interesting night at the bar.

I have, at times, had to reconsider my choice of jobs. It was an interesting weekend to say the least. Friday night a guy and his girlfriend got into a heated argument. Neither had been drinking too much, so I just hung back to see how things went. The woman went to the ladies room in a huff, and walked out with a bloody nose and bruised eye, and crying uncontrollably. I asked her what happened, and she said her boyfriend punched her. She was lying, as I saw her walk in the bathroom by herself, with out a bit of blood and no black eye. The guy was at the bar the whole time.

As you can guess, she called the cops, they came in and arrested the guy, despite me and several other people trying to tell the cops he never touched her. The cops didn't want to hear anything we had to say. After the cops cuffed and took the guy out, she started laughing, and said rather proudly that she takes crap from no one. Not 5 minutes after the cops took her boyfriend out she hooked up with some other guy at the bar, and left with him.

Saturday night was pretty calm, until about 1am. 2 staggering drunks walked in, and I refused to serve them. I offered them soda, water or coffee, but made it plain they were getting nothing with alcohol. Of course, they took my offer as an insult and left. They came back about 10 minutes later, and when I told them I still wasn't going to serve them, one guy started arguing that they hadn't been there earlier, and his buddy said he thought the place looked familiar but he didn't remember being in the bar earlier, either. Needless to say I had quite a tem getting them out, but at least I didn't have to call the cops.

I really hope I can find a regular job soon. This was all a lot more fun 25 years ago.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 13:24   #2
ithaca_deerslayer
Senior Member
 
ithaca_deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Upstate NY, USA
Posts: 18,608
Did the cops at least take down the information that was contrary to the claims of the woman?
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 13:28   #3
Neero
Sleep-deprived
 
Neero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 1,720
Send a message via AIM to Neero
Really have to wonder about the guy who witnessed the BF/GF drama and then decides to go home with her anyway. How hard up for it is he?

That type of crazy is why the adult entertainment industry exists.
Neero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 13:50   #4
jsg34
Blade Runner
 
jsg34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 799
I drink with a better class of drunks.
jsg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 14:02   #5
Tiro Fijo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,049
Proverbs 23:27
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 14:04   #6
kiole
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,124
You should attempt to contact that guy who was arrested if at all possible and offer to be a witness. One false claim can screw his entire life up.

Last edited by kiole; 09-16-2013 at 14:04..
kiole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 15:27   #7
TheBlazer
TheBlazer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S.C.
Posts: 208
So if the guy was in the bar the whole time she was in the bathroom, do you think she hit herself in the face? Or had a girlfriend do it?
TheBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 15:41   #8
Sinister Paige
Senior Member
 
Sinister Paige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Did the cops at least take down the information that was contrary to the claims of the woman?
This and I hope they grabbed security camera footage.
__________________
Sent from my Sesame Street speak and say.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 16:37   #9
GVFlyer
Senior Member
 
GVFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere in the air.
Posts: 6,591
You need to find a place to bar tend that doesn't have a sawdust floor. Look for a nice golf club or yacht club - tips are better, too.
__________________
The Truth Only Hurts If It Should.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 17:55   #10
Bruce M
Senior Member
 
Bruce M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: S FL
Posts: 20,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg34 View Post
I drink with a better class of drunks.
__________________
Bruce
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 18:11   #11
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
Did the cops at least take down the information that was contrary to the claims of the woman?
I was told by one cop to shut up and mind my own business. I will, though, try to get ahold of the guy who was arrested. There are at least 6 witnesses who will testify for him if need be.

We don't have security cameras in the bar, and we don't have sawdust on the floor, either. Tips are usually pretty good. On a good weekend night around $200, give or take a few, I have had a few $300 nights. Weeknights are around $100-$150. The money is great, and I usually have a great time.

The guy who left with the woman is a total jerk. I have no doubt she did it to herself. I saw almost the identical thing happen about 20 years ago. People can be really screwed up.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 18:18   #12
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
I was told by one cop to shut up and mind my own business. I will, though, try to get ahold of the guy who was arrested. There are at least 6 witnesses who will testify for him if need be.

We don't have security cameras in the bar, and we don't have sawdust on the floor, either. Tips are usually pretty good. On a good weekend night around $200, give or take a few, I have had a few $300 nights. Weeknights are around $100-$150. The money is great, and I usually have a great time.

The guy who left with the woman is a total jerk. I have no doubt she did it to herself. I saw almost the identical thing happen about 20 years ago. People can be really screwed up.
What a dick. Hard to believe the cop didnt give a crap that multiple people said that the guy didnt hit her.

Special place in hell for him and the girl.

If I where you id try to file a complaint against the cop too.

Last edited by jp3975; 09-16-2013 at 18:19..
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 18:51   #13
clancy
Senior Member
 
clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
What a dick. Hard to believe the cop didnt give a crap that multiple people said that the guy didnt hit her.

Special place in hell for him and the girl.

If I where you id try to file a complaint against the cop too.
I am not about to file a complaint against someone who I might very well need to come to the bar to save my butt if things get hairy. On the rare occasion I call the cops, it is because I need them, usually pretty badly.

I will, though, stop at the PD tomorrow to see if they will let me make a statement, and I will also see if I can find out how to contact the guy and offer to be a witness.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:04   #14
Indianashooter
Senior Member
 
Indianashooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 250
I sure did my time at various bars/nightclubs. Worked at a security company where I was assigned to various places. Aw, the memories!
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:05   #15
Sinister Paige
Senior Member
 
Sinister Paige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,989
Situations like this make me wonder how many people have been convicted of crimes they didn't do.
__________________
Sent from my Sesame Street speak and say.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:11   #16
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
I am not about to file a complaint against someone who I might very well need to come to the bar to save my butt if things get hairy. On the rare occasion I call the cops, it is because I need them, usually pretty badly.

I will, though, stop at the PD tomorrow to see if they will let me make a statement, and I will also see if I can find out how to contact the guy and offer to be a witness.
Good point.

It just really sucks to know there are cops out there that dont give a crap that there are witnesses that want to tell them something happened contrary to why they are arresting someone.

Im sure that even if you go to court and the charges are dropped, nothing will be done about the girl.
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:13   #17
robin303
Helicopter Nut
 
robin303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 6,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiole View Post
You should attempt to contact that guy who was arrested if at all possible and offer to be a witness. One false claim can screw his entire life up.
I would go out of my way to help someone out in that situation. Damn with your help you could land that ***** into the grey bar hotel for several laws broken.
__________________
G19 RTF w/gills
G17 RTF w/gills
robin303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:15   #18
Sinister Paige
Senior Member
 
Sinister Paige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Under your bed.
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
Good point.

It just really sucks to know there are cops out there that dont give a crap that there are witnesses that want to tell them something happened contrary to why they are arresting someone.

Im sure that even if you go to court and the charges are dropped, nothing will be done about the girl.
Even if they are dropped, charges like these will follow him around for the rest of his life.
__________________
Sent from my Sesame Street speak and say.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Sinister Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:16   #19
lethal tupperwa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 11,244


when my Dad was a bartender

he used to say ,

the more I see of people the more

I like dogs.
__________________
Correctional and Therapeutic Mayhem Administrator EMERITUS

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:20   #20
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate
 
RagnarDanneskjold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Behind the Tofu Curtain
Posts: 3,508
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin303 View Post
Damn with your help you could land that ***** into the grey bar hotel for several laws broken.

Never gonna happen. You're confusing how the legal system should work with how it does work.
__________________
"The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides, Greek Historian
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:33   #21
Happy Hunting
Senior Member
 
Happy Hunting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
The woman went to the ladies room in a huff, and walked out with a bloody nose and bruised eye, and crying uncontrollably. I asked her what happened, and she said her boyfriend punched her. She was lying, as I saw her walk in the bathroom by herself, with out a bit of blood and no black eye. The guy was at the bar the whole time.

As you can guess, she called the cops, they came in and arrested the guy, despite me and several other people trying to tell the cops he never touched her. The cops didn't want to hear anything we had to say. After the cops cuffed and took the guy out, she started laughing, and said rather proudly that she takes crap from no one.


That could have been me or any one of my friends. I would never serve her again... either that or refer to her only as Mrs. Zimmerman.

What kind of person beats their self up to get their SO arrested? I have only heard or women doing this and I have never seen it NOT work.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/activism/jac/
Happy Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:39   #22
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,537
Geez, I'll stick to drinking with my buddy in my garage!
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:48   #23
The Fist Of Goodness
Senior Member
 
The Fist Of Goodness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Falling into Crime's Dinner Party.
Posts: 2,057
The police took away this guy (who I assume will be charged with battery, or something similar) , but let the victim, with visible injuries, stay and drink? They didn't take her to the hospital, or to the station for photos and a statement?

And she (with those visible injuries) picked up another guy, who took her home?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Don't forget that everything we know is being filtered through the media which is like playing a game of telephone with mentally challenged people in the middle.
The Fist Of Goodness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:52   #24
hpracing007
Senior Member
 
hpracing007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 5,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
What a dick. Hard to believe the cop didnt give a crap that multiple people said that the guy didnt hit her.

Special place in hell for him and the girl.

If I where you id try to file a complaint against the cop too.
It's all about the revenue (think it through, I'm not joking)
hpracing007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 19:52   #25
ManWitaBigStick24
Senior Member
 
ManWitaBigStick24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
when my Dad was a bartender

he used to say ,

the more I see of people the more

I like dogs.
I believe that is a Mark Twain quote. I also agree with the quote!
__________________
When seconds count Law Enforcement take minutes!
ManWitaBigStick24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:56.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,408
433 Members
975 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42