Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:41   #26
Gonzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686Owner View Post
Wilt Chamberlain
You can go on the CDC website and see that the number of people with HIV/Aids in the US is around 1.5-2 million.

About half of all with HIV Aids are homosexual men.

So about 750,000 -1 million.

The percentage of the population who are classified as men who have sex with men is about 3%. So there are about 9.1 million homosexuals and 1 million have the hiv.

It is more of a gay disease, mostly because of the mechanics of gay sex and disease transmission through blood. It is possible to get it through hetero sex, but not nearly as likely.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:16   #27
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

There are a multitude of viruses and bacteria that can cause problems when you throw your private parts around. It happens. There are plenty of people that don't care if they give you what they got. They feel that no one prevented them from getting HIV, HPV, HBV, HCV, HSV etc, so why should they care if they give it to someone else.

Back in my primary care days, I saw enough to make it real. Make sure your kids know, at an early age what's out there, and how to protect themselves. It's not just the viruses and bacteria, there are a lot of jerks out there too.
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:26   #28
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Promiscuity was rampant in this country, from the late '60s to the early '80s. For all genders and orientations. The advent of the birth-control pill, and antibiotics to kill everything that could kill you, was rendering the condom historical, like a buggy-whip.

Precisely because they were hit hardest by it, the gay community has done more to proliferate AIDS-awareness than any other segment of society. They invented the phrase "safe sex". They invented the phrase "Unprotected sex". The gay-rights movement only became powerful when they organized, and the only reason they organized was to combat HIV. We should all be thanking them. They made the nation aware before it crossed the lines in full-force and became everyone's problem.
And yet, after all that, 300 men had unprotected, anonymous sex with this guy. He may be guilty of a crime for knowingly exposing them to HIV, but I didn't read where he forced them at gunpoint to take off their condoms.

I think we need to make a distinction between accepting gays in society, and accepting some of the behaviors that go on in the lifestyle. The CDC has stated that one of the contributing factors in the high rate of HIV infection among gays is substance abuse.

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 09-07-2013, 08:31   #29
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Must be good, must be good, do not post

Last edited by M&P Shooter; 09-07-2013 at 08:32..
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:31   #30
686Owner
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
You can go on the CDC website and see that the number of people with HIV/Aids in the US is around 1.5-2 million.

About half of all with HIV Aids are homosexual men.

So about 750,000 -1 million.

The percentage of the population who are classified as men who have sex with men is about 3%. So there are about 9.1 million homosexuals and 1 million have the hiv.

It is more of a gay disease, mostly because of the mechanics of gay sex and disease transmission through blood. It is possible to get it through hetero sex, but not nearly as likely.
Yes, but don't blame it on homosexuality.

Don't blame Columbine on gun owners.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 09-07-2013, 09:35   #31
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
I think we need to make a distinction between accepting gays in society, and accepting some of the behaviors that go on in the lifestyle.
I think we need to move beyond the notion that gays have a particular lifestyle any more than heterosexuals do.

There are subcultures among both heteros and homos that engage in risky behaviors.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:09   #32
jtull7
CLM Number 289
Pistolero

A study published in the American Journal of Medicine in 1984 traced many of New York City's early HIV infections to an infected homosexual male flight attendant. Epidemiologists hypothesized that Dugas had carried the virus out of Africa and introduced it into the Western gay community.

GaŽtan Dugas is described as having almost sociopathic behavior by allegedly intentionally infecting, or at least recklessly endangering, others with the virus. Dugas is described as being a charming, handsome sexual athlete who, according to his own estimation, averaged hundreds of sex partners a year. He claims to have had over 2,500 (!!!!!!!) sexual partners across North America since becoming sexually active in 1972.

Every day I face Ogden, Utah, and pray that God might bless John Moses Browning.

Outpost Member #69 I collect and shoot many fine firearms. CCW: NM, CT, and NH. N5JHT. WFR. Former LEO. SAR. Bilateral trans-tibial amputee. Survivor of bubonic plague. Tough sum-*****.
jtull7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 00:09   #33
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Robert Rayford died of AIDS related complications in 1969 and claimed to have been experiencing symptoms since 1966, before Dugas ever even had sex. Dugas's "patient zero" status is no longer valid and the progression of the disease is thought to have come from Africa, through Haiti and into the U.S.

I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/10/28/us...ral-times.html

Last edited by DaleGribble; 09-08-2013 at 00:14..
DaleGribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 00:22   #34
GVFlyer

The 300 person claim seems unlikely to me.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 00:38   #35
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
I don't know.

I once had the unfortunate task of looking through Craigslist classifieds, attempting to locate a specific person advertising a service that he shouldn't have been engaging in. After seeing how many ads get posted and for what, I can see how it's possible.

What was even more alarming was how many married men were engaging in said behavior.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:12   #36
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Looks like the "victims" were guilty of felony stupidity. Who has unprotected sex with someone you just met..........
Old 09-08-2013, 06:15   #37
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
I call BS.

There's no way his chubby ass scored with 300 people even if he could afford to pay them.
Uh,.......what rock you been under for the last 15 years?
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:48   #38
Lampshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Its 2.5 people per month over a 10 year period.

Certainly possible in the Craigslist age.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:32   #39
DaleGribble
Well Heeled Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
Looks like the "victims" were guilty of felony stupidity. Who has unprotected sex with someone you just met..........
People who let raging hormones overwhelm common sense. It probably happens a million of times a day all over the world.

In my younger, stupider days I slept with several chicks without using protection, most of them on the first date. I consider myself lucky to be disease free and would not engage in such behavior now if I were single.

Hormones and urges are a powerful thing.
Old 09-08-2013, 14:56   #40
frankemp

Quote:
I was trying for a sarcastic commentary on the gay lifestyle based on unrealistic media and pop culture representations, and the fact that in that entire article, there is only ONE reference that would lead the reader to believe that this man was engaging in unsafe sex with other men (the reference to his former partner as "him").

Our betters in the media and Hollywood have decided that our society must celebrate the gay lifestyle, not accept it or treat gays with equality, but celebrate it and raise it up. I have a problem with that.

I sympathize with homosexuals, and believe that it is something that is hardwired into them from birth. If one of my children was gay, I would still love them, and support them. I wouldn't be happy about it, or celebrate it, though. I would actually be afraid for them. There are some very destructive (and self destructive) behaviors in the gay lifestyle (drugs, violence, and disease being at the top). Unfortunately, based on what I hear from some of my younger (early 20s) co-workers, the propaganda machine has glossed right over that part of the culture.
VERY well put.
frankemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:46   #41
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Why didn't CNN mention whether he or his partners were gay?

Old 09-10-2013, 08:34   #42
gommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
HIV remains almost exclusively a gay/bisexual problem in the U.S. The left would like us to believe otherwise, but the facts don't lie. In parts of Africa, and Detroit where dudes swing both ways, AIDS is communicated more widely.

By the way, "awareness" has little to do with facts, and everything to do with promoting a political ideology
It's not rocket science - fecal matter contains blood.

If you're going to put your parts in poop, expect poop to happen.

Just sayin'.
gommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 15:09   #43
All Pro Sports Hero
Glock Star

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/racialethnic/aa/index.html

HIV is also rampant among the heterosexual black population. No doubt a direct correlation to the promiscuous lifestyle propagated by the MTV and urban rap community. Twerking theyselves straight to fo' blowed AIDS.
All Pro Sports Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 15:40   #44
Pawcatch@aol.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
I'm a bi-sexual male, and I agree with this 100%.
I understand that I'm at more risk of infection than the average hetero-sexual male, so I get tested frequently even though I don't engage in this type of activity.

Last edited by Pawcatch@aol.co; 09-10-2013 at 15:57..
Pawcatch@aol.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 15:45   #45
raydobbs

Send a message via ICQ to raydobbs Send a message via Yahoo to raydobbs
The sheer number of pathologists, epidemiologists, cultural anthropologists, and human behavioral psychologists on GT truly astonish and amaze me (right up there with English majors) - I am waiting for the first JAMA-published article any day now with baited breath.

raydobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 15:51   #46
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Of course there are. But if you are telling me that those risks are not magnified in the gay community, then you are wrong. For instance, the guy in this story was able to expose 300 men to HIV by having anonymous sexual encounters in parks.

In rural Missouri.

This would be shocking in Manhattan, or Philadelphia. But it happened in Dexter, Missouri. Because it is still a lifestyle that many people do not accept, it is kept in the shadows. (I'll bet a large number of those exposed men subsequently exposed their wives or girlfriends, or boyfriends for that matter- so the number is probably a lot higher than 300).

There was a story (actually a series) in the newspaper back in the late 80's in Philadelphia about the promiscuity and anonymous sex that occurred 24/7 in the bathhouses in Center City. It was very graphic. It is one of the reasons AIDS spread so quickly back then.

As I posted before, my point was to criticize the embargo on even mentioning the sex of the "partners" who were exposed in the story, and the overall "puppies and rainbows" pop cultural portrayal of gays today. Like most other left wing propaganda, you aren't getting the whole story.
So, it would have been better had he been a hetero and infected 300-women?
Old 09-10-2013, 15:51   #47
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydobbs View Post
The sheer number of pathologists, epidemiologists, cultural anthropologists, and human behavioral psychologists on GT truly astonish and amaze me (right up there with English majors) - I am waiting for the first JAMA-published article any day now with baited breath.

I think you mean bated breath, unless you chose the homophone for the irony.

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 15:55   #48
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
So you're telling me that as a straight guy I can bang an HIV-infected chick in the regular hole without using condom, and it's possible that I won't get the HIV?

And that if I were to cornhole the same chick, I won't get the HIV either because I am engaging in heterosexual sex?
Old 09-10-2013, 16:05   #49
raydobbs

Send a message via ICQ to raydobbs Send a message via Yahoo to raydobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
So you're telling me that as a straight guy I can bang an HIV-infected chick in the regular hole without using condom, and it's possible that I won't get the HIV?

And that if I were to cornhole the same chick, I won't get the HIV either because I am engaging in heterosexual sex?
Exactly! Its like a heat seeking missile - and your behind the ice wall of heterosexual studliness. At least that's what the brain-trust says. If it happens, then perhaps you weren't pure enough?
raydobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 16:20   #50
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
So, it would have been better had he been a hetero and infected 300-women?
No, it would have been just as bad had it been 300 hetero women infected during anonymous sex with a single hetero man in a park or 300 hetero men with one hetero woman in a park, but but neither of those scenarios is realistic.

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Tags
aids, homophobic drama