Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-04-2013, 21:46   #101
Dubble-Tapper

warcry, gotcha. makes sense

Last edited by Dubble-Tapper; 09-04-2013 at 21:53..
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 21:50   #102
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Not funny...There have been a number of non-uniformed officers shot by other officers. It is a topic discussed constantly in training and briefings. Like I said, not funny, some might consider it very inappropriate.
Forgive me, but I wasn't trying to be funny. Facetious, yes. Funny, no. The idea of disarming people "to protect them", particularly "to protect them from their own LEOs" is grotesque. This guy's opinions about CCW are as grotesque as the idea I facetiously posted. It was an argument, not comedy.
Old 09-04-2013, 22:02   #103
Ohio Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Forgive me, but I wasn't trying to be funny. Facetious, yes. Funny, no. The idea of disarming people "to protect them", particularly "to protect them from their own LEOs" is grotesque. This guy's opinions about CCW are as grotesque as the idea I facetiously posted. It was an argument, not comedy.
Did you read the article?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:03   #104
eccho

I'm gonna paraphrase "49 states have a different system but we're not wrong!"

Arrogant Tool > Tool

Last edited by eccho; 09-04-2013 at 22:03..
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:04   #105
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
Did you read the article?

Yes. Did you read my previous posts? This guy's agenda and subtext are pretty clear.

ETA: for your convenience, they were numbers 9, 30, 52, 72, 73, 86, 89, 91, and 102.

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 09-04-2013 at 22:12..
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:13   #106
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
I'm gonna paraphrase "49 states have a different system but we're not wrong!"

Arrogant Tool > Tool
Wouldn't that be state's rights in a nutshell?

CA is the only state in the union that allows lane splitting by motorcycles. Are they wrong or are they right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:15   #107
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Not funny...There have been a number of non-uniformed officers shot by other officers. It is a topic discussed constantly in training and briefings. Like I said, not funny, some might consider it very inappropriate.
I didn't see him make a joke. It's a valid point.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:17   #108
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post

CA is the only state in the union that allows lane splitting by motorcycles. Are they wrong or are they right?

Since I support individual rights over States' rights, not an issue for me. Whatever else they've gotten wrong, the USSC was right in extending the umbrella of the bill of rights to include protecting me from Sacramento. Lane splitting being, in my view, neither constitutionally protected, nor in fact a right, I'd say it falls, under Amendment 10, to the State of California.

ETA: If you feel otherwise, I assume that means you think an individual State can pass any anti-gun law they like, and there is no Constitutional protection from it? In which case, better throw out Heller.

Last edited by RagnarDanneskjold; 09-04-2013 at 22:24..
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 22:19   #109
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
I didn't see him make a joke. It's a valid point.
Thanks. The distinction between facetious and humorous can be a narrow line. Glad someone got what I was saying.
Old 09-04-2013, 22:43   #110
Glockumollie

Chicago top cop says they'll shoot ccw carriers

Ok, so Iv'e been one of those who were a little miffed with the ccw carriers open carrying to bring on attention. Now where I live if you have a ccw you may also carry open loaded, so my question to the chicago leo is if he or one of his troops see's one of these forward showfel open carriers do they just shoot the people on site or do they have to contend with this possibility in Chicago. This is why I think concealed is the most prudent form of carry. Out of sight, out of mind. Let someone else draw attention to themselves and I will use that extra time to either (exit stage left even) or at least give me an extra second or two to make a better response to whats goin on. FLY LOW AND KEEP THE SUN IN THEIR EYES
Glockumollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 23:02   #111
eccho

Quote:

Right to bear arms > right to not have a motorcycle split between your lane and the one next to you

Personally, I think lane splitting is silly, but hey, I don't have a motorcycle, street bike experience, or a motorcycle endorsement on my license, I haven't done it. And I don't live in California, and haven't been exposed to it.

And, state governments can't ignore the constitution.

Traffic privileges and gun rights are not in the same ball park.

Now, in case you're wondering, I understand the sentiment that police responding to a shooting can't see the invisible halo over your head, and you shouldn't be stupid.

But I can't help but feel "rubbed the wrong way" by this guy's tone. I don't get the sense this guy is genuinely concerned about people's safety.

I see this guy as thinking Illinois is smarter than 49 other states for violating people's rights.
eccho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 23:06   #112
WarCry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockumollie View Post
Ok, so Iv'e been one of those who were a little miffed with the ccw carriers open carrying to bring on attention. Now where I live if you have a ccw you may also carry open loaded, so my question to the chicago leo is if he or one of his troops see's one of these forward showfel open carriers do they just shoot the people on site or do they have to contend with this possibility in Chicago. This is why I think concealed is the most prudent form of carry. Out of sight, out of mind. Let someone else draw attention to themselves and I will use that extra time to either (exit stage left even) or at least give me an extra second or two to make a better response to whats goin on. FLY LOW AND KEEP THE SUN IN THEIR EYES
Open carry actually has nothing to do with this discussion, as it remains illegal in IL, even when the CCW law is fully in effect. So if a Chicago PD (or any other PD, or county deputy sheriff, or state trooper) were to see someone open carrying, that person would NOT be shot on sight, but would almost certainly be arrested. And if they reached for their gun in the course of the arrest, they'd be taking their life in their own hands, not the cops.

Bringing up Open Carry holds no purpose that I can see on this topic. It wouldn't prevent (or change) anything.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:10   #113
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post
If that's how you took that...I understand where youre coming from now.

In my spare time, I have studied Chicago politics, corruption, and anti-Liberty platforms concerning firearms and legally CCWs for almost a decade now. I'm also pretty good a deciphering veiled threats.

You take it anyway you believe is the correct way to do so seeing how it is coming from a Chicago official. I have.
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45   #114
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotIt View Post
Please indicate ...
Answered by Ragnar.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:49   #115
SC Tiger
Some say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWThomas View Post
This always makes me wonder how these morons make it so far in the system.
Consider who is boss is...

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:51   #116
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
Answered by Ragnar.
Glad to have an indication someone is reading my posts. They don't seem to be getting answered by any of this guy's defenders.
Old 09-05-2013, 13:31   #117
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
Right to bear arms > right to not have a motorcycle split between your lane and the one next to you

Personally, I think lane splitting is silly, but hey, I don't have a motorcycle, street bike experience, or a motorcycle endorsement on my license, I haven't done it. And I don't live in California, and haven't been exposed to it.

And, state governments can't ignore the constitution.

Traffic privileges and gun rights are not in the same ball park.

Now, in case you're wondering, I understand the sentiment that police responding to a shooting can't see the invisible halo over your head, and you shouldn't be stupid.

But I can't help but feel "rubbed the wrong way" by this guy's tone. I don't get the sense this guy is genuinely concerned about people's safety.

I see this guy as thinking Illinois is smarter than 49 other states for violating people's rights.
USSC did say that reasonable restrictions could be placed on the right to carry firearms.

Or do you think you have the constitutional right to carry a firearm everywhere?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 13:54   #118
SC Tiger
Some say...

This is going to play REAL well in court the first time a CCW carrier gets shot by a cop...

Quote:
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:26   #119
Buki192327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksanity View Post
I would take my chances with a CCW in Chicago. The tool acts like CCW holders are just walking around with guns in their hands. Idiot.
People in Chicago conceal things, by having it in their hands, because they are stupid!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Club #46
Buki192327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 15:45   #120
racerford

Quote:
USSC did say that reasonable restrictions could be placed on the right to carry firearms.

Or do you think you have the constitutional right to carry a firearm everywhere?
Yes, they did; however they did not say what "reasonable" is. My definition is that they can restrict carrying in the secured areas of Jails and prisons. Maybe the secured areas of a courthouse. I would consider it for where they would take responsibility and liability for protecting me.

Private property not open to the public, seems reasonable if the owners are liable for my safety.
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote