SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-03-2013, 19:13   #41
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Keep in mind Rahm has his hand up his butt moving his lips.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 19:43   #42
rednoved
NRA Member

Glad I'm not there.
rednoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 20:02   #43
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Sounds like Obama and his "Red Line".

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 20:13   #44
Bren
NRA Life Member

EDIT: Deleted because, like a Glock Talkers, I commented based mainly on what was said in the thread, before reading the guy's actual comments.

Last edited by Bren; 09-04-2013 at 04:01..
Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 20:19   #45
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWPD View Post
His words were unprofessional as well as inappropriate.
well, you would expect a Chicago politician to speak stupidly....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 21:07   #46
DOC44

they gonna have to shoot better than many of the LEO I have shot with to hit ANYTHING they are "aiming" at..... is a legal carrying citizen being drawn/fired on by LE simply because he legally has a gun justified in returning fire?

Doc44
Old 09-03-2013, 21:21   #47
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Is it too late to clone Mrs. O'Leary's cow?
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 21:22   #48
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC44 View Post
they gonna have to shoot better than many of the LEO I have shot with to hit ANYTHING they are "aiming" at..... is a legal carrying citizen being drawn/fired on by LE simply because he legally has a gun justified in returning fire?

Doc44

I doubt there is any way you could win that.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 21:23   #49
TruthNotRelative

I kinda get the feeling that if a permit holder did get shot by the police in his city, he wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Seriously, I think that what the "chief" said regarding this issue is some of the dumbest sh** I've ever heard.
"You forgot your BRIEFCASE!!!!!!"-
TruthNotRelative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 21:46   #50
Ohio Copper

Just as I suspected, OP was disingenuous at best.

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

The first half is the typical anti gun nonsense. The second half is the meat and potatoes- I'd expect all of the LEOs I work with to use force if necessary, even against a CCW holder.

Shoot, have at it. Every state should be shall issue and most folks I've come into contact with the novelty wears off after a few weeks/months of having a permit.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 21:56   #51
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
What do you expect from a tool?
To be used up, then thrown away.
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 22:46   #52
RagnarDanneskjold
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Copper View Post

“You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

The first half is the typical anti gun nonsense. The second half is the meat and potatoes- I'd expect all of the LEOs I work with to use force if necessary, even against a CCW holder.

Shoot, have at it. Every state should be shall issue and most folks I've come into contact with the novelty wears off after a few weeks/months of having a permit.

Yeah, not being an idiot, when the PD rolls up I'm likely to drop my gun like it was burning my hand. That said, though, this guy's bias comes through loud and clear. He's not warning against this event, he's hoping for it! The guy hates the idea of armed citizens, and can only envision them being at odds with LEOs, he cannot imagine a world in which we might actually be on the same side. JMO.
Old 09-03-2013, 23:08   #53
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Yeah, not being an idiot, when the PD rolls up I'm likely to drop my gun like it was burning my hand. That said, though, this guy's bias comes through loud and clear. He's not warning against this event, he's hoping for it! The guy hates the idea of armed citizens, and can only envision them being at odds with LEOs, he cannot imagine a world in which we might actually be on the same side. JMO.
Be careful pulling out that gun and dropping it, they might drop you!
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 23:35   #54
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I doubt there is any way you could win that.
Only in his fantasies could he get away with it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:46   #55
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by volky View Post
What he said was, if you face a cop with a gun in your hand, you'll get shot. I would expect that to happen anywhere.
Really.

"So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. "

Last edited by Ragnar; 09-04-2013 at 03:49..
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04   #56
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Thanks. I should have read it before commenting, rather than taking what the GT nuts said, at face value.

In my defense, it takes a long time for outside pages to open on my internet connection (here, I pay $90 a month for iinternet access that is so slow youtube videos won't play at all). So I don't always read the real article.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:05   #57
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Really.

"So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. "
Yes, really. That's the training every officer in every state gets. It is certainly the training I give them, in Kentucky, and we are about the most gun friendly state in the US.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:36   #58
Restless28

The outrage died with a whimper once reading comprehension stepped in.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:38   #59
Ohio Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
The outrage died with a whimper once reading comprehension stepped in.
Gets the feeble minds enraged when they think cops are gunning CCW holders down...

Benjamin Franklin
Quote:
Just being a federally "prohibited person" who owns guns and signatures about them on the internet should be enough to keep him paranoid."
Ohio Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:41   #60
Restless28

Quote:
Gets the feeble minds enraged when they think cops are gunning CCW holders down...

I get this image in my mind sometimes of the angry mob in Frankenstein or Edward Scissorhands here.

Last edited by Restless28; 09-04-2013 at 04:42..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote