GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 23:57   #101
devildog2067
Senior Member
 
devildog2067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Near Chicago, IL
Posts: 15,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by vart View Post
Yep... Guy is hurt because his parent's made a bigger deal out of his brother's 40th birthday than his.
So what? Guy is 40.

Life's tough, get a helmet.
devildog2067 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 00:00   #102
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.
 
Geeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South Irvington,Indiana 46239
Posts: 8,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I am speechless.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Gotta be the first time





__________________
Sent from my bathroom,while I was on the throne using Crapatalk

Okie is one KooL Cat
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47   #103
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 52,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvbronco View Post
...First world problems?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Substitute cup-of-rice for AR15 and bowl-of-water for $200 and it's a 3rd world problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
Gotta be the first time





LOL
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06   #104
plp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 421
As the oldest child, I understand the point you are making with this post. It ain't about the gun, it ain't about the money, it is about attention and validation you've achieved a milestone in your life.

I fully acknowledge my folks devoted more time to me because I was the guinea pig, so much they had to deal with for the first time I just required more effort.

My middle sister (and that is how I will always think of her, to separate her from my younger sister) was a good baby, very quiet and insecure child, great student as a teen and never got the accolades she deserved for her effort.

Then again, she sailed on much calmer waters with my parents because they had learned how children of that age react.

She was doubly robbed in a sense because my youngest sister was such a rebellious hellion and DEMANDED attention, rather than wait for it to be given.

The prodigal son parable is still relevant today because it still applies. I'm certain your folks meant no slight, but trust me, saw my parents throw together too many impromptu birthday parties for my sister to not understand your point in posting.
plp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:19   #105
RedTop
Senior Member
 
RedTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,361
Banjo,

Did you ever stop and ask yourself why your brother received an AR15 and you didn't?

Perhaps your dad was trying to man him up a little after discovering he turned his storm shelter into a wine cellar.
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:26   #106
LEO/Dad
Navy Veteran
 
LEO/Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
The fact that you posted the story online explains quite a bit.
This..........
LEO/Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:28   #107
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 52,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by plp View Post
As the oldest child, I understand the point you are making with this post. It ain't about the gun, it ain't about the money, it is about attention and validation you've achieved a milestone in your life.

I fully acknowledge my folks devoted more time to me because I was the guinea pig, so much they had to deal with for the first time I just required more effort.

My middle sister (and that is how I will always think of her, to separate her from my younger sister) was a good baby, very quiet and insecure child, great student as a teen and never got the accolades she deserved for her effort.

Then again, she sailed on much calmer waters with my parents because they had learned how children of that age react.

She was doubly robbed in a sense because my youngest sister was such a rebellious hellion and DEMANDED attention, rather than wait for it to be given.

The prodigal son parable is still relevant today because it still applies. I'm certain your folks meant no slight, but trust me, saw my parents throw together too many impromptu birthday parties for my sister to not understand your point in posting.
Being middle child sucks. I'm a middle. My wife's a middle. We work hard to ensure our middle one isn't a middle.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:37   #108
ysr_racer
Senior Member
 
ysr_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Happily in So. Cal.
Posts: 8,116
The Okie Corral
__________________
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Just a million dollars short of being a millionaire.
So. Cal. USA
ysr_racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:45   #109
eruby
Senior Member
 
eruby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: People's Republc of Maryland
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Being middle child sucks. I'm a middle. My wife's a middle. We work hard to ensure our middle one isn't a middle.
Everyone knows middle children (like us) are always the smartest.
eruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:48   #110
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 52,520
LOL. I would say middles are the best problem solvers for sure. You watch older-sibling screw up and learn how NOT to do that. You also have to learn to interact with an older and younger sibling.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:11   #111
Green Mountain Boy
Senior Member
 
Green Mountain Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Green Mountain State
Posts: 1,414
I posted jokingly before about how I was surprised I agreed with Flipper. Now I am going to be serious. I would kiss the ground and shout thank you to the sky if my father could be here to witness my 40th birthday. The way things are going he may not see my future children into grade school. I am just glad he will be here for my wedding next fall.

Regards, GMB
__________________
"Whatever Tomorrow Brings I'll Be There With Open Arms and Open Eyes" Incubus

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 18:27   #112
Jack Ryan
Get off my lawn
 
Jack Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Meeville Indiana
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by plp View Post
As the oldest child, I understand the point you are making with this post. It ain't about the gun, it ain't about the money, it is about attention and validation you've achieved a milestone in your life.
.
"Achieved"? Achieved a milestone?

He frigging survived 40 years and he's still a cry baby. Half of it he was probably still on his mama's ... and under the old man's roof.

"Achieved" a MILESTONE?

Here's a peanut.
Jack Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 18:33   #113
*ASH*
Senior Member
 
*ASH*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: nc
Posts: 22,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisbruno View Post
Compared to you anyone would be hot


yeah , thats not saying much thou .

i could be with a wig and a shave
__________________
— 'Most people have a regulator between their mind and mouth that modulates their brutish sentiments and spikiest impulses.
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 19:16   #114
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,594
Blog Entries: 1


http://www.hark.com/clips/vbvwxzqtcw...-feelings-once


Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 20:56   #115
Hamguy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 298
I'll add to the chorus...

Both my parents were dead by the time I turned 38. Suck it up and move on.
Hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 21:29   #116
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp
 
Magnus2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 11,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
So what? Guy is 40.

Life's tough, get a helmet.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
LW would have laughed that round off her chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 15:54   #117
GlockOnTheFly
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 24
Be grateful...

As many have already mentioned, rise above the "principle aspect" of the AR that your bro got on his 40th.

First, just be glad you are alive, married, and well. I lost one of my closest friends when were in our mid-30s (heart failure - it was his time, but too early of course). It was a pure reality check for my group of friends and I... at that age, you still think you are going to live (and party) forever,... until something like this rocks your reality.

Secondly,... what a blessing to have both your parents with you. And even more, that you and your better half enjoy spending time with them. I lost my mother to cancer when I was 38 (I am 43 now.) She never got to celebrate my 40th with me. They say time heals, but I have realized that it takes more time the younger you are. We can justify the loss when they pass in their ripe old ages of 80+. But losing a loved one too early hurts even more.

So in final,... my advice to you is that you cherish their presence at the moment. They could be gone tomorrow,... and I bet you would not give a darn about some hunk of metal not received. Sorry for the reality check,... but sometimes it takes the experience and wisdom of others to bring us back to basics.

Peace.
GlockOnTheFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:13   #118
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


When I turned 40, I bought myself hookers and blow. Didn't need mommy or daddy to give me anything. Didn't care ehat they gave my brothers.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:32   #119
raydobbs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Minneapolis, MN or thereabouts...
Posts: 348
Send a message via ICQ to raydobbs Send a message via Yahoo to raydobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
When I turned 40, I bought myself hookers and blow. Didn't need mommy or daddy to give me anything. Didn't care ehat they gave my brothers.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You didn't invite dear ol' mom and dad? I tell ya, America's youth...
raydobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 16:34   #120
raydobbs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Minneapolis, MN or thereabouts...
Posts: 348
Send a message via ICQ to raydobbs Send a message via Yahoo to raydobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
"Achieved"? Achieved a milestone?

He frigging survived 40 years and he's still a cry baby. Half of it he was probably still on his mama's ... and under the old man's roof.

"Achieved" a MILESTONE?

Here's a peanut.
That was very touching, made me misty eyed reading it.

Have you thought of a career writing cards for Hallmark or as a professional behavioral psychologist? You'd make serious money on the tour circuit.
raydobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:11   #121
RedTop
Senior Member
 
RedTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
When I turned 40, I bought myself hookers and blow. Didn't need mommy or daddy to give me anything. Didn't care ehat they gave my brothers.
So that's how you get all of your so-called ladies?
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 17:34   #122
debbert
Senior Member
 
debbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North Perry, OH
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Its not the money, my wife and I make a lot of money and a $1500 rifle or gift would make no difference in our lives, ...
Perhaps your parents realized this without any input from you. Could it be that there might be more in store for you during the vacation?

Perhaps your parents are in a different monetary situation right now than they were when your brother received his gift?

Perhaps your brother dropped hints as to what he was looking for in a gift?

Perhaps your parents felt that you probably had all the guns that you wanted, and could afford the ones you didn't have, since it's an interest of yours already?

These are just some random thoughts that I'm putting out there.

In any event, at your age, this should be trivial. Be glad that you have what you have. One day you won't.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Last edited by debbert; 09-04-2013 at 17:40.. Reason: spelling
debbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 19:18   #123
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by raydobbs View Post
You didn't invite dear ol' mom and dad? I tell ya, America's youth...
It's the "Me" Decade.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 19:19   #124
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,774


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTop View Post
So that's how you get all of your so-called ladies?
Gotta pay to play, playa!!!


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 20:05   #125
bush pilot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: northwest
Posts: 6,709
Both of my parents passed away when I was 30. Do you know what I'd give to have one more dinner with them? Stop your whining and grow a set, you're not seven anymore.
__________________
The more I'm around people the more I like my dog.

Send me your wheel weights, do it for the children.
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:41.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,167
315 Members
852 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42