Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-02-2013, 22:38   #176
G30SF/F-250
Platinum Membership
GTDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
I saw a woman veer off the bike path in front of me into the trees at the park when she nearly passed out form heat/dehydration. Luckily she didn't completely black out and was able to kind of "plop" herself into some cat tails. Also lucky her boyfriend was apparently a doctor. Glad she wasn't on a road somewhere.

I'll be plenty grumpy about it if/when i get held up but I'm not going to do anything about it except be extremely careful around a road biker. Some of them move a full 2ft sideways when reaching for their water bottle. Need to keep on your toes. My fault or not, I don't want to run anyone over.
You are a wonderful and caring person.

He said been busy keeping the kids and wife happy, did you miss that? Probably time for you to turn off pretty woman and wipe the ********* tears from your eyes, you might be able to read better ahole.
By AJ
G30SF/F-250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 22:57   #177
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

I feel your pain; I too hate bicyclists. But I want to know who looked at a road, and said "yep, we need to put in a bike lane in the middle of the road, so that people making a right-hand turn have to go around the people in the bike lane...in the middle of the road." Stupid *********s. Whoever designed bike lanes needs to be shot. And any bike-rider who doesn't use the godamn sidewalk like everyone else is an idiot, pure and simple. Roads are for CARS, not BIKES.
Old 09-02-2013, 23:00   #178
G30SF/F-250
Platinum Membership
GTDS

Well, there you go!

He said been busy keeping the kids and wife happy, did you miss that? Probably time for you to turn off pretty woman and wipe the ********* tears from your eyes, you might be able to read better ahole.
By AJ
G30SF/F-250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 23:40   #179
GVFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
Who cares if someone on the web doesn't believe you? You say you've got a 340PD, I believe you. You say you're a vet and ride motorcycles with other vets, I believe you. And I believe you fly G5. I'm not calling you out. I just thought it was a strange thing to include in a picture in a thread about bicycles in a gun forum.
Continuity of posts is important. Read the thread.

My post was in support of a post with which I agreed by amd65.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 23:49   #180
AZ Husker

Nobody wants to hurt one another, but until the bicyclists start acting more responsibly (why do you need to ride three abreast) and accept the fact that the roads are built for vehicles, there will be conflicts. I'm amazed there aren't already more with the way I see the bike crowd ride and ignore the traffic laws. Why in the hell should they demand a whole lane when they pay no vehicle or licensing taxes like I have to with my bike that just happens to have an engine?
Old 09-03-2013, 00:02   #181
The Fist Of Goodness

Double post.

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Last edited by The Fist Of Goodness; 09-03-2013 at 00:05..
The Fist Of Goodness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 00:04   #182
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mac View Post
These people, men and women, will act this way when safely ensconced in their steel and glass cages, but would NEVER dream of doing the same thing if we were standing on the sidewalk within arms reach of one another. As with most bullies, the yellow streak up their back is a mile wide when they might be held to account for their actions.
Good point. Same with some of the internet tough guys.

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Last edited by The Fist Of Goodness; 09-03-2013 at 00:05..
The Fist Of Goodness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 00:18   #183
SGM_Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mac View Post
I ride a road bike. I own and ride several motorcycles year round unless there is ice on the road. I drive a pick up truck. Like the rest of you, I have nothing to add but anecdotes based on my own experiences. That said, I have found that when I travel on two wheels I encounter, on a regular basis, motorists who are distracted, drunk, heedless/reckless, arrogant or some combination of these. I have also seen people on bicycles who give other cyclists a bad name. Common sense and basic courtesy will go a long way in making sure that we all get to use the roads and get to our destination safely.
I have a theory about people who drive aggressively or shout profanities, gesture at others, etc.. These people, men and women, will act this way when safely ensconced in their steel and glass cages, but would NEVER dream of doing the same thing if we were standing on the sidewalk within arms reach of one another. As with most bullies, the yellow streak up their back is a mile wide when they might be held to account for their actions.
Exactly right, there are many here posting things that they would never say if they were toe to toe.
SGM_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 00:20   #184
SGM_Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
Funny. It's actually an organizational patch that shows the organization and the test project.

I don't carry patches defensively either, but there are many posers on this board living out Walter Mitty fantasies, so I threw in a SETP patch just to show that I really have a S&W 340PD and it's not just a pic I found on the web.

I do proudly wear this patch while on my Harley; it puts me in the association of some great Americans.

The Okie Corral
That about sums it up, GV.
SGM_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 00:45   #185
AZ Husker

Still waiting to hear the justification of breaking traffic laws and obstructing legal vehicles going the speed limit while paying no taxes or license fees that everyone else has to.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29   #186
COYBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Some asshat almost hit me yesterday on campus. I'm walking in the cross walk and I look right and see this guy on a bike coming toward me. I make eye contact with him and instead of slowing down he starts to kinda swerve back and forth like he's trying to figure out if I'm going to stop. He finally slowed down a little but I don't think he even realized he was required to yield.
If he passed close enough, I would have slapped him or her off the bike.
COYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:47   #187
yz9890

Quote:
Continuity of posts is important. Read the thread.

My post was in support of a post with which I agreed by amd65.
Yep. Read it all the first time. That's why I didn't think it made sense. I got over it though.
yz9890 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:48   #188
kimo

What is sad is that when you read all the posts in this thread at once, you come away with the sense that too many on both sides of the issue are so self absorbed that they easily justify uncivil and down right aggressive behavior (sometimes passive agg). Their self righteousness reeks.

Remove courtesy, cast aside showing grace to others, see every one's errors as a personal affront and what kind of world do you promote? Too many are too eager to become judge,jury and executioner. To few are ready to exercise humility,patience and grace.
From all that terror teaches, From lies of tongue & pen, From all the easy speeches That comfort cruel men. From sale & profanation Of honor and of sword,From sleep and from damnation, Deliver us, Good Lord.
GK Chesterton
kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:03   #189
vaquero aleman
US ARMY 63D20H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd65 View Post
Lighten up, leave the bikers alone.
They (non motorized transportation) do not belong on the same roads as motorized vehicles. Duh...
G2930SF(.460 Rowland), The 21 Club #7663, The 10 Ring #7663.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1474601
Old 09-03-2013, 06:07   #190
vaquero aleman
US ARMY 63D20H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
Still waiting to hear the justification of breaking traffic laws and obstructing legal vehicles going the speed limit while paying no taxes or license fees that everyone else has to.
G2930SF(.460 Rowland), The 21 Club #7663, The 10 Ring #7663.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1474601
Old 09-03-2013, 06:11   #191
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostsOnPercocet View Post
Not to many takers when they see 6'9" 260lbs of muscle.
Big target.

Hard to miss.

Regards,
Happyguy
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23   #192
Tvov

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
So, now its wrong twice?

Bwhahahahah!!!

For whatever reason, that made me laugh this morning. Great reply!

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.

Last edited by Tvov; 09-03-2013 at 06:23..
Tvov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:25   #193
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
No wonder we make so many road rage arrests in my area. Apparently everyone becomes a bad ass who easily lose their mind when they are driving. I could never believe people got so worked up over such petty things on the road, this topic proves it is more common than I thought.
I only become a bad ass that loses his mind on the OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutha73 View Post
I used to live outside of Seattle (Redmond) and there were bicyclists everywhere on the roads. For some reason they really liked the 2 lane hi ways out by Duvall and Carnation. Lots of hills and tight turns with no passing zones. A friend and I were coming down a hill and there were 3 cyclists riding abreast in our lane way below the speed limit, so my friend tapped on the horn. No response. So he got closer and honked again and they finally moved over so we could get by. Then the lady at the back swerved over right after we went by. And almost got herself run over by the boat we were towing. I'm surprised more of these idiots aren't run over.

Quote:
That's pretty funny. It's interesting that very few people in my bike club carry, but most riders in my motorcycle club have a concealed weapon.
Bad ass vs. sore ass crowd, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
You must suck at riding. I drive regularly where the total width a lane for a car is 2 meters (6.5ft) wide.

You whine that you cant fit a bicycle in less than 4 feet wide and yet I can drive a midsize car in a lane 6.5 feet wide with a barrier on one side and semi-truck on the other. That is at 80kmh...
Oh sure. Pull that metric system stuff on us. 80kmh is probably something like 13 mph. Sheesh.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:32   #194
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyfan View Post
Typical of some non-cyclists are these misconceptions:
1) Cyclists hold you up. No, hundreds of drivers, one-to-a-car hold you up. If they were all on bicycles you would not be held up;

2) Cyclists, going 15mph even riding two-abreast hold you up. Dudes if you can't pass a two cyclists going 15mph at less than the width of a car how in the world can you pass a car or a truck going 40mph?;

3) Cyclists must travel in the gutter. It's much better for them to take the road (i.e. ride in the right hand tire track of cars), and it's very predictable. It's unpredictability that's a hazard not the speed of a narrow bicycle;

4) Sometimes cyclists must take the road (riding in the center) because it's unsafe for the cars to pass them, usually when they can see on-coming traffic on a blind curve. If they don't take the road they risk frightened drivers trying to pass veering back into the lane;

5) It's not all about you. People say that cyclists do not respect them. That's hubris on the driver's part. We are just trying to get some exercise and stay alive;

6) Cyclists must use cycling lanes. Look at the lanes - they are often just 2-3 ft wide paths that do not even go where the cyclist must travel. A true cycling lane is 4 ft wide. If you want to pass a cyclist safely you should give them 3 feet of space. Often cities will paint a lane that's completely unrealistic or exists in the 'dooring' area of parked cars. You just can't ride safely in that space;

7) Consider any rider as you would a beloved friend and give them space and time. It's worth 10 seconds not to risk running over your next-door-neighbor's kid;

8) Every rider means one less car in the road to 'hold you up', or cause you to go into 'road rage'. A cyclist can't really 'cut you off';

9) Cyclists also drive so yes, they pay road taxes, too;

10) A cyclist can not harm you by 'running into your car'. You are in a two ton vehicle surrounded by steel and metal.

HtH

Okay, your saying i should be able to pass bikes, sometimes its a no passing area, and you can't, your stuck behind the lance armstrong wannabe. Saying if i can pass a car at 40 i can pass a bike at 15? The car at 40s going the speed limit, i don't need to pass them, there doing what there supposed to and not holding me up. And cyclists do cut people off, theres so many cyclyst friendly ordances out there they feel entitled to you yielding to every move.

Also, they've been able to drive on the road for years here, i remember it used to be skilled drivers, signaling every turn, having reflectors, staying in the bike lane if they couldn't pedal fast enough, etc. Within the last year all these entitled dbags with no regard for safety or courtesy have come out of nowhere and started clogging roads. No idea why that happened

Last edited by Diesel McBadass; 09-03-2013 at 06:42..
Diesel McBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:41   #195
Tvov

Postsonpercoset comes across strong, but I agree with his posts.

Same with AK stick and others.

Actually, I have basically no beef with young kids on bikes who ride incorrectly in the road... they still have learning and growing up to do. Also on neighborhood roads, I am expecting to see bicycles all over the place (although not nearly as much as decades ago, all the kids are inside playing Xbox now it seems) and I drive safely with that in mind.

But when spandex clad adults flaunt traffic laws on major roads, you bet my blood boils. For all you cyclist defenders here, you seriously don't see all the cyclists breaking traffic laws and causing problems??

A few years ago, I actually saw a spandex clad cyclist stopped on the side of the road at a red light, waiting for his green. It surprised me so much that when I stopped at the intersection, I called out "Thank you for stopping!". He looked over kind of in surprise, and just raised his water bottle to me. I WISH most cyclists were like him.

Another rant I have with cyclists is when roads have plenty big breakdown lanes on the sides. They come up to a red light or (especially) "just" a stop sign, and turn right without the slightest of slowing down - right into the plenty big enough lane for them. Sure, there is plenty of room for them and vehicles, but it surprises vehicle drivers so much that they usually swerve, not wanting to hit the cyclist. Again, cyclists don't seem to see what is wrong with doing that....

For those cyclists who actually obey traffic laws, the reason so many motorists are tired and pissed off at you is because of your cyclist friends.

I have a good friend who is a cyclist, and an brother-in-law who is a competition cyclist... I very carefully don't bring up these issues at family gatherings!

I'm not angry, I'm just loud. - Friend's son.
Tvov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:41   #196
Fungunner

I'd be happy in my neighborhood, if the bikers would get off the sidewalks. Mind you, it's the non-english speaking crowd I'm talking about. They seem to think the sidewalk is their own private roadway.

George Bernard Shaw
Fungunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48   #197
JabbaNoBother

Ah, nothing like Mr Chubby Gut tossing on his tight shorts and "sponsored" shirt to go bike riding RIGHT after work on every busy narrow road he can find.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:59   #198
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
Still waiting for a cyclist to tell me why he has the right to the road without paying taxes or license fees. My Harley looks huge next to one, but we really take up about the same space. Why do I have to fork out hundreds of dollars to use the roads and they get by scott free? And create a traffic hazard while doing it!
Because driving a car/truck is not a right. Its a permitted/licensed privilege to drive a motorized vehicle on the streets. Bikes are not motorized vehicles, hence none of what you say is required.

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. Mullah (aka El Ron)
R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:08   #199
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
Well, I spend a lot of time driving, and definitely know i hate bikes. The people on the have the "same road same rights same rules" or "share the road" stickers. Then they go 20 below the speed limit since there on a bike and too stubborn to go to the bike lane, they disregard all red lights and stop sighns, and cut in and out of traffic doing dangerous stuff since they feel entitled to having you yield for every dumb move they make. I recently got a smile on my face when i found out someone on a bike got a speeding ticket for going downhill about 40 through a school zone. If you say you want to follow the same law and rights then stop breaking them.

Are people on bikes bad around you?
Most of the time they are okay and I can get around. The worst I have seen are on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but that is kind of a different road (scenic route) so I don't know that I count that.

What does frustrate me is if the car behind the bike refuses to pass it. They try to pass it like you would a car (wait for dotted yellow in your lane, go completely in the other lane, etc). Typically you can pass a bike while barely going into the oncoming lane, but if the car right behind the bike will not do this, then everyone behind that car is stuck. Same with "liquor-cycles." That is frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:22   #200
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccho View Post
There was an incident here awhile ago where a cop was directing traffic. A cyclist ignored his orders to stop, tried to blow right past him. The cop punched him right off his bike.