SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2013, 17:25   #76
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
I've never had a badge, but have been in harm's way. I'm trying to understand why they fired into the boat so many times, when no one was shooting at them.
Well, I guess no one felt like walking up to the boat and conversing

"Excuse me Mr. Terrorist, but these guys here are wondering, since you have used bombs recently, and are emulating an extremist bomber, if you might happen to have a couple of bombs left or might be wearing a suicide vest. Oh and it would be handy for them to know if you have a gun with you, maybe from shooting the campus officer, or the earlier shoot out, and if you do could you give me an estimate of the rounds you have left?".

We need more volunteers in this world to do things like that especially if they feel so strongly that the people that do handle those situations are doing it wrong.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:25   #77
CAcop

Quote:
Not so many that you are shooting at each other;

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...zIN/story.html

From the article:

"Authorities are investigating whether an MBTA Transit Police officer wounded during the shoot-out with the Boston Marathon bombing suspects was hit by friendly fire, State Police spokesman David Procopio confirmed Thursday".

Going prone is a normal reaction to fire.
So how many is that?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:26   #78
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
So, I guess you still have your drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
No, my guess is he's taken them all. And then posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Favuzza View Post
... someone needs to lay off the InfoWars for a while. Lulz HAHAHAHA XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
Another one comes out of the woodwork.
Isn't that the truth.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:27   #79
CAcop

The military would have just tossed a couple of frags into the boat. Or like Saddam's sons, got a building collapsed on them when TOW missiles were fired at the house.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:28   #80
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well, I guess no one felt like walking up to the boat and conversing

"Excuse me Mr. Terrorist, but these guys here are wondering, since you have used bombs recently, and are emulating an extremist bomber, if you might happen to have a couple of bombs left or might be wearing a suicide vest. Oh and it would be handy for them to know if you have a gun with you, maybe from shooting the campus officer, or the earlier shoot out, and if you do could you give me an estimate of the rounds you have left?".

We need more volunteers in this world to do things like that especially if they feel so strongly that the people that do handle those situations are doing it wrong.
Ok, so they saw the suspect on the FLIR, surrounded the boat, then just started shooting it up? That's what you're going with?
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:31   #81
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkinDog View Post
... and many people who had their homes searched did have their rights violated. ...... The number of police in that area was ridiculous overkill, they were tripping over each other and ...
How many of these "many" people felt their rights were violated have filed complaints and/or law suits?

How many police officers would be an appropriate number in your opinion? Have you ever particpated in an arrest/perimeter/search in a civilian law enforcement capacity? If so kindly share your qualifications.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 08-27-2013 at 17:32..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:32   #82
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
What did the Feds lie about WRT Katrina?
My understanding was that the city government ordered the confiscation, were sued by the NRA, and ordered by the court to return the weapons. If the Feds ordered the confiscations, why only in NO? Why not all affected areas of Louisiana and Mississippi?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
So there was no one from FEMA and Fed LE that ordered it? It's pretty easy to blame the city govt. Heck some of the local LE weren't even around. I seem to remember the Feds recently blaming a B grade movie too. But let us say you are right, the bottom line in NOLA was that LE did confiscate arms from law abiding civilians trying to protect themselves.

I'll say it again, if they did that, I find it very easy to believe that LE (be they city, county, state, or Feds) would search a home without a warrant or permission for the terrorist AND that is wrong. As for evidence of it, do we really think there can't be a cover up? I mean the inital accounts out of NOLA were that there were 0 guns confiscated and then a whole bunch of them were found rusting away in barrels months later.

As I stated earlier, I wasn't there so I don't know but many infringements have been made on citizens in the name of stopping terrorism. The recent NSA debacle is a prime example.

How many police are enough in a manhunt? I dunno but I have seen enough of stepping on each other's wangs and that was looking for a felon not an active terrorist. Throw in all the agencies and the increase in a cluster ******* is multiplied tenfold. Oh, and once again, a civilian found the terrorist despite all the boots on the ground.

Last edited by Sharkey; 08-27-2013 at 17:36..
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:34   #83
countrygun

Quote:
Ok, so they saw the suspect on the FLIR, surrounded the boat, then just started shooting it up? That's what you're going with?
I always go with what works.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:38   #84
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
With your admitted level of ignorance you should be reading, only.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 17:42   #85
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
With your admitted level of ignorance you should be reading, only.

Hey little buddy! I was hoping you'd come back. Get that knot out of your panties?

Please enlighten me!

Last edited by eyelikeglasses; 08-27-2013 at 17:45..
Old 08-27-2013, 17:50   #86
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

You don't know enough to be enlightened.

You don't even know enough to "know what you don't know".

Your bias gets in the way.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 08-27-2013, 17:58   #87
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
You don't know enough to be enlightened.

You don't even know enough to "know what you don't know".

Take a deep breath. Why are you getting all hot and bothered? Why don't you explain how it went down, since you've done the job and all? Lot's of bark, not much bite.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:00   #88
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
I'm afraid that's what might be coloring your opinion TBO. Are you being objective in your defense of the tactics? Is your emotional connection to the job causing you to feel that way?

Last edited by eyelikeglasses; 08-27-2013 at 18:05..
Old 08-27-2013, 18:03   #89
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
The whole thing was a trial run to see what martial law would look like and how to go about handling it in a real world scenario, it was live practice for them to see how the public would react, what the public would tolerate.

What about the guys at the end of the Boston marathon wearing khaki pants and black jackets, wearing hats with the Punisher skull on it, also known as "Craft" contractors? One had a backpack, was in the exact area of the explosion, and a photograph of his exploded backpack was later taken. It wasn't Tsarnaev at all, it was govt. contractors plain and simple. Even police there at the end of the marathon were warning people not to panic even before the hoax event occurred. And yet again, the American public was lied to.
Wow. Just wow.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 18:07   #90
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
I'm afraid that's what might be coloring your opinion TBO. Are you being objective in your defense of the tactics? Is your emotional connection to the job causing you to feel that way?
You've heard no "defense of the tactics" from me, that's just your bias and your projection.

All you've heard me do is point out that you are (once again) talking about things you know nothing about, and putting forth hard opinions on the same.

Old 08-27-2013, 18:09   #91
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
You've heard no "defense of the tactics" from me, that's just your bias and your projection.

All you've heard me do is point out that you are (once again) talking about things you know nothing about, and putting forth hard opinions on the same.

What things would those be?
Old 08-27-2013, 18:09   #92
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Show the actions were illegal or outside of policy.
Show your work.

You can't, so it's just your butt hurt bias.

You ignored this before, because of your ignorance of the topic, yet you still feel free to comment/opinion on how things were done.

Be honest enough that if you can't answer (honestly/logically/factually) to this, you don't belong offering comment.

Old 08-27-2013, 18:10   #93
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
What things would those be?
-The Boston Bombing

-Law regarding Use of Force/Use of Deadly Force

-Facts as related to the above

Old 08-27-2013, 18:11   #94
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
So you agree with my assessment of overkill! I never would have thought we would agree on anything.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:13   #95
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
-The Boston Bombing

-Law regarding Use of Force/Use of Deadly Force

-Facts as related to the above

What do I have wrong about Urban Shield II?

Well versed in the legal escalation of force.

Old 08-27-2013, 18:23   #96
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
What do I have wrong about Urban Shield II?

Well versed in the legal escalation of force.

Please outline the law on use of deadly force.

That is more than enough for now.

Old 08-27-2013, 18:25   #97
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Please outline the law on use of deadly force.

That is more than enough for now.

For which jurisdiction? If there is only one law on it, I guess I missed the consolidation.

Last edited by eyelikeglasses; 08-27-2013 at 18:27..
Old 08-27-2013, 18:29   #98
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Well, the incident you've been posting about is Boston Massachusetts...

Old 08-27-2013, 18:32   #99
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

I'm not going to Google it and give you a canned answer. But we'll just go with you are justified using it to stop a felony and/or to defend life, limb, or eyesight. I can go more in depth if you'd like but we all know what's up.
Old 08-27-2013, 18:33   #100
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
For which jurisdiction? If there is only one law on it, I guess I missed the consolidation.
You seem to be dodging questions very poorly. The physical jurisdiction is, pretty obviously, Boston and the law that applies is, concurrently, federal/constitutional, state and department policy, the same as with every action the police take, every day. It's not that hard - I believe he asked you what laws or policies were violated, 4th Amendment, state use of force statutes, etc.

Look, I just gave you the answer to the question in #96.

Last edited by Bren; 08-27-2013 at 18:35..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
déjà vu, subject to investigation