SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:43   #26
BarkinDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Let me guess, another guy who wants to stretch the advice given by government and the terms used by the press into some conspiracy to violate civil rights, without actually having any evidence that a single right was violated. Haven't we been here before?

OP, there wasn't a LOCKDOWN!!!!!! Get a grip.
There is no need to stretch the truth, there was what was called a "lockdown" and many people who had their homes searched did have their rights violated. No, was not accepted as refusal to have your home searched. Although compliance with the request to stay in was voluntary, the way it was announced and reported ( they called it an ORDER) did not give that impression, and because it hadn't happened before people thought they would be arrested if out on the road without proper reason.
The "shelter in place" order covered a hugh area while they searched an area of Watertown ( a boston suburb) where bomber #2 was last seen. They didn't even search the yard where the bomber was hiding all the time. The home owner called the cops when he saw blood on the boat in his yard when he came out of his home after the order was lifted.
All in all the shelter in place order did not need to be placed on such a large area. And yes, they caught the suspect but that doesn't mean it was all good police work. Anyone watching the report of the manhunt in Watertown could see there was a lot done wrong. The number of police in that area was ridiculous overkill, they were tripping over each other and some very sloppy gun handling.

Last edited by BarkinDog; 08-27-2013 at 11:44..
BarkinDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:18   #27
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

To the majority of Americans, The end justifies the means.

As long as the bomber is caught, who cares what rights are trampled on? Who cares if a militarized LE forcibly searches your property? If you ain't got nothin' to hide ...

Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57   #28
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Let me guess, another guy who wants to stretch the advice given by government and the terms used by the press into some conspiracy to violate civil rights, without actually having any evidence that a single right was violated. Haven't we been here before?

This. There was more of a lockdown for the snowstorm in Febbuhrarry than the manhunt. During that, you could be charged for driving around.

(We don't have big cattle gates to put across our highways like they do in CO. In fact, aren't interstates on lockdown then?????)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
The whole thing was a trial run to see what martial law would look like and how to go about handling it in a real world scenario, it was live practice for them to see how the public would react, what the public would tolerate.

What about the guys at the end of the Boston marathon wearing khaki pants and black jackets, wearing hats with the Punisher skull on it, also known as "Craft" contractors? One had a backpack, was in the exact area of the explosion, and a photograph of his exploded backpack was later taken. It wasn't Tsarnaev at all, it was govt. contractors plain and simple. Even police there at the end of the marathon were warning people not to panic even before the hoax event occurred. And yet again, the American public was lied to.
Old 08-27-2013, 13:00   #29
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Awwww, jeez.

Search function down again?
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 13:02   #30
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Btw - whose family got blown to bits days before has no bearing on this situation.
Old 08-27-2013, 13:06   #31
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post

I dunno, I wasn't there. Were you? I live in the Lone Star State but I also know the Feds lied about confiscating guns in NOLA during Katrina. They also screwed the pooch at Ruby Ridge and Waco so I find it real easy to believe LE would search a home without permission in violation of the Constitution. .
What did the Feds lie about WRT Katrina?
My understanding was that the city government ordered the confiscation, were sued by the NRA, and ordered by the court to return the weapons. If the Feds ordered the confiscations, why only in NO? Why not all affected areas of Louisiana and Mississippi?

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 08-27-2013, 13:08   #32
ray9898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Btw - whose family got blown to bits days before has no bearing on this situation.
You are right. It was merely the beginning. What mattered was the continued actions of the suspects during the manhunt that showed they were still an active and ongoing threat to the safety of the public.
ray9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 13:20   #33
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Yes exactly. previously had bombs thrown at them that failed to detonate.

/
Really?!? That SOP? Just unload on the boat, in the hopes of setting off the explosives?
eyelikeglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 13:22   #34
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
How many officers were there and what movements did the suspect make during the time of the shots?
Way too many and I'm guessing, flatten himself into the floor.
Old 08-27-2013, 13:25   #35
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Well Bren, does calling it "Shelter In Place", justify it?
Old 08-27-2013, 13:40   #36
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkinDog View Post
There is no need to stretch the truth, there was what was called a "lockdown" and many people who had their homes searched did have their rights violated. No, was not accepted as refusal to have your home searched. Although compliance with the request to stay in was voluntary, the way it was announced and reported ( they called it an ORDER) did not give that impression, and because it hadn't happened before people thought they would be arrested if out on the road without proper reason.
The "shelter in place" order covered a hugh area while they searched an area of Watertown ( a boston suburb) where bomber #2 was last seen. They didn't even search the yard where the bomber was hiding all the time. The home owner called the cops when he saw blood on the boat in his yard when he came out of his home after the order was lifted.
All in all the shelter in place order did not need to be placed on such a large area. And yes, they caught the suspect but that doesn't mean it was all good police work. Anyone watching the report of the manhunt in Watertown could see there was a lot done wrong. The number of police in that area was ridiculous overkill, they were tripping over each other and some very sloppy gun handling.
I recall the first interview with the guy who owned the boat, done by a local station and picked up by a network. I seem to remember him saying that they had searched the yard and looked in the boat earlier and he said he told the dispatcher "You had better have them come back"
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 14:29   #37
racerford

Ok, so far we have had a lot of responses, and only one from someone that was in the Boston area at the time. Not one from the area that was in "lock down".

Do I have that right?
racerford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 14:31   #38
walt cowan

Quote:

hey, there's a craft international guy missing a back pack.
Old 08-27-2013, 14:32   #39
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerford View Post
Ok, so far we have had a lot of responses, and only one from someone that was in the Boston area at the time. Not one from the area that was in "lock down".

Do I have that right?
Could be because they just aren't the "Gun Forum" type
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 14:33   #40
walt cowan

the guy that wrote the crappy ending for bsg wrote the boston script too.
Old 08-27-2013, 14:33   #41
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt cowan View Post
hey, there's a craft international guy missing a back pack.
He doesn't need it anymore. Buried in the damn desert, unmarked graves, out past Terralingua.
Old 08-27-2013, 14:36   #42
GSD17
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGlock23 View Post
The whole thing was a trial run to see what martial law would look like and how to go about handling it in a real world scenario, it was live practice for them to see how the public would react, what the public would tolerate.

What about the guys at the end of the Boston marathon wearing khaki pants and black jackets, wearing hats with the Punisher skull on it, also known as "Craft" contractors? One had a backpack, was in the exact area of the explosion, and a photograph of his exploded backpack was later taken. It wasn't Tsarnaev at all, it was govt. contractors plain and simple. Even police there at the end of the marathon were warning people not to panic even before the hoax event occurred. And yet again, the American public was lied to.
G17,G17L,G17R,G17T,G19cutaway,G20,G21,G22,G22,G22P,G23,G26,G27,G31,G35,G37,G42
GSD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 14:40   #43
ray9898

Quote:
the boston script too.

Old 08-27-2013, 14:40   #44
walt cowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
He doesn't need it anymore. Buried in the damn desert, unmarked graves, out past Terralingua.
seal team 6th.
Old 08-27-2013, 15:09   #45
ray9898

Quote:
seal team 6th.
LOL....you gotta be crackin' jokes.
Old 08-27-2013, 15:25   #46
Nalapombu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloBravo View Post
From a LEO perspective:

OP, where were you when the manhunt occurred? My guess is no where close to the greater Boston area. I also guess that you don't know anything about law enforcement. Why don't you go apply, and willingly take a sworn oath to lay down your life to protect a community or even a state full of strangers? I fully support what the LEOs did in Boston and I am damn proud of them for catching the SOB that killed and wounded innocent American citizens.

Police work is not always unicorns and rainbows and it always involves pissing off one group of people or another. You can't make everybody happy all of the time.

OP, I ask you if you would have thought the police actions were appropriate if one of the people blown to hell by a bomb was a family member of your's?

Lastly, there has been no hard evidence that I have seen to lead me to believe that any mis conduct occurred on the part of law enforcement.

Hey KB, I ASKED some SIMPLE questions. I made no accusations toward anyone. I didn't accuse cops of doing ANYTHING wrong. I was using terms that were REPORTED all FRIGGING NIGHT LONG ON TV to describe what was happening. Did you not SEE the news, or hear it where CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS, the BBC and every other media outlet in the world was referring to the city of Boston as being in LOCKDOWN, UNDER SEIGE, Shelter in Place, residents warned to STAY IN, DO NOT COME OUT O YOUR HOUSES, DON'T GO TO WORK, National Guard May Be Deployed, etc..
I could go on with more examples, you want me to?

If you have that kind of reaction to non-accusatory questions about historic events in a modern American city, it makes me wonder what would've happened if I had seen you on the street and dared ask you one of these questions. It makes me wonder why you even take that tone towards me for even broaching the subject.
As far as I can tell I don't even know you for you to be pulling an attitude like that.

I was just looking for information as to what happened that night and instead you turn it into GOD knows what? I should've known.
My bad for even asking.

Nalajr

P.S. KB, you asked so I'll tell you. I was here, in Houston, in front of my laptop and the TV, on the couch when the hunt was taking place. I guess you can now harangue me for being a lazy turd, good-for-nothing, cop hater, or whatever you have going around in your mind that you think I am. If that makes you feel better.

Last edited by Nalapombu; 08-27-2013 at 15:27..
Nalapombu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 15:31   #47
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelikeglasses View Post
Way too many and I'm guessing, flatten himself into the floor.
In other words, the usual. You don't know ****, but are free to exercise your bias in spite of your ignorance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 15:32   #48
NMG26

I live in Albuquerque.

Last year the cops shot off my whole block before I could make it home from work. Nobody in or out. Took them a couple of hours to do their search. I suspected a beer runner. I was inconvenienced.

Old 08-27-2013, 15:35   #49
eyelikeglasses
Hooah, Hooah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
In other words, the usual. You don't know ****, but are free to exercise your bias in spite of your ignorance.

The butthurt is strong in you.

Untwist your knickers, think objectively. Care to qualify your overly emotional response?

Last edited by eyelikeglasses; 08-27-2013 at 15:37..
Old 08-27-2013, 15:36   #50
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

I'm not the one wringing their hands and crying in fear.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
déjà vu, subject to investigation