Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-25-2013, 20:33   #151
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Lol, c'mon bro, you were together 6 months.

I'm a year older than you and I've been with my girlfriend for 7 years.
Can you say, "Commitmentaphobia?"
Old 08-25-2013, 20:36   #152
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Dont be the Marathon Man...get out now....avoid the real pain!The Okie Corral
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 20:38   #153
dugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
Go find your dude friends and tell them this story. If they dont ridicule you into dumping her, you also failed with your dude friends.

Good choices, go make them.
Ok, I'll jump in. First, listen to the Rabbi. He's a wise dude. Heck, he even might be a real rabbi.

You could also look at it this way (gotta say it): Get over yourself.
------------------------
EDIT: Oops! Just read the part where she gave back the promise ring and cut the cord. Oh, well ... still good advice to get over yourself.

Would have been better ego-wise if you had dropped her first, but what the heck, end result is the same. Appreciate the good times ya'll had and count your blessings for being out.

Don't go scrounging for a replacement too soon, either. Enjoy the uncomplicated life and keep your options open.

Ok, that's my 2. Most fun I've had all day. (Not a fun day.) ...... Thanks for the entertainment.

PS/ Of course, never take any advice you get over the internet.

Last edited by dugo; 08-25-2013 at 21:07..
dugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 20:39   #154
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussell_Crowe View Post
Sigh. Advice is highly needed.
Probably not wanted though. What you want is to whine about how you are treated while you bend over for her and scream "thank you mam may I have another". Women do the same thing; complain to other men about how the boyfriend treats her then give him a slice.
Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 21:00   #155
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
....she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

First, understand that you don't want to marry and have kids with her.

Second, invite her to a nice swinger club meeting with bisexual ladies on site, and both of you will have mind clearing "Distraction"

I usually don't encourage orgies (for reasons irrelevant to this thread) but you sound young and should explore a few things.

Last edited by MrGlock21; 08-26-2013 at 05:48..
MrGlock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 21:21   #156
lockedback

I don't ridicule the guy for posting. It is tough when you may have nowhere else to whom you feel comfortable turning for advice. To him: I've been in a similar situation. Trust me, it is better off this way. It doesn't feel that way now. But over many months, maybe even years, things will start to feel better again. And then you will realize that you are better off with someone else who treats you with respect.
lockedback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 21:25   #157
Herzeleid
Kein Mitleid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
Ain't Obommunism just hilariously funny? LMAO
It would be much funnier if it wasn't really happening around us. :(
Herzeleid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 21:52   #158
Jack Ryan
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Wow, you've been "dating" a whole 6 months. She's the love of your life eh? Have you proposed? You still called her "your girlfriend".

Get over it. She's not "your" anything sounds like to me. If you want loyalty show her you want fidelity and loyalty. Propose. You can't expect commitment if you don't want to commit.
Jack Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 21:57   #159
Jack Ryan
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Well that's that. She returned the promise ring I bought her, at my door. With a post it note that said " I'll always love you " she then texted me and said she cant forgive herself for what she did to me, so she's " Letting me go " because she doesn't deserve me.

So...I guess its over....Hope everyone has a good day.
She's trying to let you down easy "George".

"It's not you, it's me."

Collect up a few poloroids of strippers and hookers, put them in an envelope and mail them to her with a note, "Which one were you now? I forget."
Jack Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 22:02   #160
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herzeleid View Post
It would be much funnier if it wasn't really happening around us. :(
Indeed.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 22:20   #161
sdsnet
CLM Number 43
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalchmai View Post
You need to find another girl. She's not the one.

Really. It won't get better on its on. You might try couples counseling but it seems to me that you're wanting a lot more commitment than she does. I think you either need to make active efforts to deal with her seeing other guys (counseling) or break it off before you become one of those GnG "cry-in-your-beer" stories.
Exactly - You will learn (hopefully soon) that the right woman would never think of doing such things while they are in a relationship with you. This is not a grey area. Cut this relationship off completely as she is not worth your friendship much less anything more.

The sooner you get rid of her the faster you will meet the right person. It will likely occur when you are not seeking it though.
Ham Shack Club # 1995
Walther Club # 1995

-My username has nothing to do with Students for Democratic Society-
sdsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 22:27   #162
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

You can't fix her. Move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 00:57   #163
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

She let you off the hook. Rejoice. Be happy.

And go get tested for every STD under the Sun. Do it right away.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01   #164
JuneyBooney

Circular file her or man up and call Oj for advice. If you ask many worldly men they will tell you that the worse you treat them the better they love you. So don't be so easy with her. Go all night and wear her out... Just don't give her your money and good luck on this.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:12   #165
colin1230

Now that it's over, keep it that way. Sever all contact. Figure out how much money you spent on her in the last six months and divide by times laid. That should put things into perspective. Take up the shooting sports to occupy your mind.
colin1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:14   #166
JMS

Quote:
Well that's that. She returned the promise ring I bought her, at my door. With a post it note that said " I'll always love you " she then texted me and said she cant forgive herself for what she did to me, so she's " Letting me go " because she doesn't deserve me.

So...I guess its over....Hope everyone has a good day.
It sounds like she still wants you, keep calling and texting her, tell her you're pregnant, tell her your life will never be the same, tell her that promise ring is forever and at the minimum you want palimony and child support for the children you would have had. She's playing hard to get in order to lure you back in, fight for her, she loves you and you love her.

JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54   #167
Green Mountain Boy

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1230 View Post
Now that it's over, keep it that way. Sever all contact. Figure out how much money you spent on her in the last six months and divide by times laid. That should put things into perspective. Take up the shooting sports to occupy your mind.

Wow now there is a relationship metric for ya. How do some of you married fellas feel about this one?

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11   #168
Mrs.Cicero
Wayward Member

Pick a better class of woman for "the One" next time. Do you really want a lying, cheating tramp as the mother of "your" children? Do you really want to live with that for the rest of your life? Getting involved, or staying involved, with someone whose head isn't on straight is just stupid. That drama gets very old, very fast. Don't waste your energy on anyone who is just going to use you up and throw you out.

I'm kind of surprised I'm having to tell a guy that.

"Oh bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Mrs.Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:12   #169
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Get out of this extremely unhealthy relationship. Spend some time alone mulling over why you are so desperate. Use this to try to conquer your jealousy issues. Date a few women for short periods. Then, and only then, think about a serious relationship. Think about it, not go out and find one. If one develops, then that is great, but if not, don't press it. That is half of your problem.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38   #170
dugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
Wow now there is a relationship metric for ya (ED: how much money you spent divided by times laid) How do some of you married fellas feel about this one?
Seems like the longer you're married, the more the price goes up...

Last edited by dugo; 08-26-2013 at 08:40..
dugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:39   #171
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:

She is not your girlfriend, you are her doormat. Hate to have to break that to you, but it's the truth.

If your self esteem runs so low that you are willing to put up with multiple lies and acts of deceit from a woman you have only known for a scant 6 months and would honestly consider staying on for more such treatment, then you have problems that run much deeper than this girl. You need to buck-up, man-up and get some self esteem (read that - 'get some counseling'). Until you do, and until you get your arms around your obvious self-esteem issues, you have no business being in ANY relationship with ANYBODY.

Not saying it to be a jerk, but it's the truth.

Last edited by tsmo1066; 08-26-2013 at 08:39..
tsmo1066 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19   #172
Camdenbullit52

So many women.....so little time....why are you wasting time??
Camdenbullit52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37   #173
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
If your self esteem runs so low .... then you have problems that run much deeper than this girl.
Sometimes low self esteem is justified.
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44   #174
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
Wow now there is a relationship metric for ya. How do some of you married fellas feel about this one?
Broke? :mad:

Sent from my MB865 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 08-26-2013, 10:49   #175
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockPride View Post
How big is the Bravia and the teeth, how are they?

Oh no....
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braviaworthy, comrade zero, door mat, eurodriver 2.0, gng beatdown, no first time yet, op the proud democrat, virgin whine