Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:43   #251
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
Other than HIV, there isn't really anything out there that's any different from what the ancient Romans were getting. Many such things can be cured with "a shot" and every STD that I can think of (except maybe for HPV) can be controlled with medication at the very least. Even HIV, provided you are extremely compliant.
Wow.. so a lifetime of genital herpes would be OK with you because it "can be controlled with medication" ???

Not too concerned about your health and well-being are you?

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 08-29-2013 at 11:43..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:51   #252
nmk

Quote:
Other than HIV, there isn't really anything out there that's any different from what the ancient Romans were getting. Many such things can be cured with "a shot" and every STD that I can think of (except maybe for HPV) can be controlled with medication at the very least. Even HIV, provided you are extremely compliant.
I'm sold. Time for unprotected sex with multiple partners.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:16   #253
*ASH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmk View Post
I'm sold. Time for unprotected sex with multiple partners.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48   #254
NanH

It´s expected that a woman always keep a tidy house, empty laundry baskets, has her makeup done, smells good, is healthy, in good shape, watches her language and never does anything wrong. I am starting to suspect I am a man.

Last edited by NanH; 08-29-2013 at 13:02..
NanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 13:02   #255
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
I guess that is true. But I still think most of us fear the clap etc.
Oh I fear the clap!

The Okie Corral

Quote:
Originally Posted by icelandicstud View Post
You should bang her one more time and then dump her on her ass.
I ain't parking my car in any garage that is regularly taking other vehicles in it. PASS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Wow.. so a lifetime of genital herpes would be OK with you because it "can be controlled with medication" ???

Not to mention controlled HIV = lackanookie for the rest of your life. . . unless you can find another HIV person to boink.
Old 08-29-2013, 13:11   #256
NH_FED

This is the best thread I've read on any forum in quite some time. Move on dude, it's your best and only option.
NH_FED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 13:11   #257
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
..Not to mention controlled HIV = lackanookie for the rest of your life. . . unless you can find another HIV person to boink.
yeah.. "controlled HIV" = dependence on powerful drugs for years, and compromise in your immune response/resistance to disease in general.

Even in the absence of HIV, treatment for most STDs will compromise your overall health.

And this at the inception of O'care..
Do you really want to be that dependent on the health-care system at this juncture if you can possibly avoid it?

Amazing that anyone would think that way..

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY

Last edited by Atlas; 08-29-2013 at 13:13..
Old 08-29-2013, 13:18   #258
NanH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1230 View Post
Now that it's over, keep it that way. Sever all contact. Figure out how much money you spent on her in the last six months and divide by times laid. That should put things into perspective. Take up the shooting sports to occupy your mind.
Wow now there is a relationship metric for ya. How do some of you married fellas feel about this one?
If you think this is a relationship metric, you are not going to have a happy marriage.
It´s expected that a woman always keep a tidy house, empty laundry baskets, has her makeup done, smells good, is healthy, in good shape, watches her language and never does anything wrong. I am starting to suspect I am a man.
NanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 13:28   #259
JK Freak
OffRoadRenegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussell_crowe View Post
long story short, i'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-i thought i had found the " one "

as it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when i saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " possibility "

she also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When i finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " more friends " and they were a " distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Sigh. Advice is highly needed.
runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and dont look back. Dead Serious.
2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, 3 Inch BDS Lift,BDS Adjustable Control Arms,35X12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17X9 Mickey Thompson Sidebiters,Tom Woods Driveshafts,RCV Axles,Dynatrac Pro Rock 44 F&R,4.88 Gears,Evo Gussets&Truss,Teraflex Adjustable Trackbars,Teraflex Big Brake Kit

Last edited by JK Freak; 08-29-2013 at 13:28..
JK Freak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 14:09   #260
sputnik767

Quote:

I have to be honest with you, I have no idea where you got that from. Please point out to me where I stated or implied what you said. What I did say is that the STDs today are no different from a thousand years ago, except for HIV, contrary to what the person that I was replying to was implying. I was simply making a statement of fact, not that I would be ok with genital herpes. But since you brought up that topic, ever had a cold sore? If so, that's herpes. 40% of them today are caused by HSV-2, same virus that causes the genital variant. 60% are HSV-1, which is nothing more than a milder variant of the infection. The reverse is also true, with around 40% of the genital infections being caused by HSV-1 (the typical oral variant). Somewhere around 50-80% of the world's population are infected with HSV-1, most having gotten it by the age of 5. Please don't twist my words around when you have no understanding of the subject matter at hand.

Last edited by sputnik767; 08-29-2013 at 14:20..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 14:11   #261
sputnik767

Quote:
The clap is a colloquial name for gonorrhea, caused by a bacterial infection (Neisseria gonnorheae) and treated (cured) with ceftriaxone and azithromycin or doxycycline. This treatment also covers chlamydia (Chlamydia trachomatis), which is often co-infected. Early syphilis is treated with a single dose of penicillin, as an intramuscular injection IIRC. Late manifestations of syphilis such as neurosyphilis are treated with a longer course of penicillin.

Last edited by sputnik767; 08-29-2013 at 14:22..
Old 08-29-2013, 14:44   #262
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
I have to be honest with you, I have no idea where you got that from. Please point out to me where I stated or implied what you said. What I did say is that the STDs today are no different from a thousand years ago, except for HIV, contrary to what the person that I was replying to was implying. I was simply making a statement of fact, not that I would be ok with genital herpes. But since you brought up that topic, ever had a cold sore? If so, that's herpes. 40% of them today are caused by HSV-2, same virus that causes the genital variant. 60% are HSV-1, which is nothing more than a milder variant of the infection. The reverse is also trueother, with around 40% of the genital infections being caused by HSV-1 (the typical oral variant). Somewhere around 50-80% of the world's population are infected with HSV-1, most having gotten it by the age of 5. Please don't twist my words around when you have no understanding of the subject matter at hand.
Sorry if you feel that I distorted the meaning of your post.

Quote:
Other than HIV, there isn't really anything out there that's any different from what the ancient Romans were getting....
Perhaps this is so...
I don't really keep up that closely but I'm thinking I've heard of some strains of one or two STDs other than herpes or HIV that have evolved over time to such extent that characterizing them as other than what the Romans experienced would not be a stretch..
Still, I don't have time to research it and it may be that you are more knowledgeable.

Quote:
.. Many such things can be cured with "a shot" and every STD that I can think of (except maybe for HPV) can be controlled with medication at the very least. Even HIV, provided you are extremely compliant.
It was this statement I was commenting on.
Herpes was the STD (other than HIV) of which I was aware that can not be cured but only "controlled with medication".

And so it was herpes I cited as example.

And no, I have never had a cold sore.
(I'm past the age of 55 btw and I am not married)

Sorry if my post was offensive.
I could certainly have chosen a more tactful way to comment on what you wrote, that I will admit.

My underlying point stands though...
The current of thought circulating in this thread with regard to STDs was that the OP has suspicion that his female friend is having sexual relations with other men on the sly and that this would, if true expose him to significant risk of disease.

Your post suggested that the possibility of contracting an STD is not really a big thing because we have modern medicines to deal with that.

I was only stating my opinion that contracting an STD is a serious matter, even though it may be curable, and especially if it's an STD which is not curable... even though it may be that it "can be controlled with medication".

Personally, my health is far too important to me. I don't WANT to be dependent on the medical system for such repairs. And I sure as hell do not want a genital herpes infection.
YMMV.

Last edited by Atlas; 08-29-2013 at 15:01..
Old 08-29-2013, 14:53   #263
WRAW

Tell her how would she feel if you told her that you are talking to your ex and going on dating sites..

To me it sounds like she is greedy and afraid of being alone. If you have never treated her badly and she is doing all that while you treat her with respect then move on brother.

She won't leave you but then again she is looking for other men??

Leave her now before you really get hurt. Trust me.

Time heals everything, for the most part.
WRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 14:58   #264
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussell_Crowe View Post
Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Whew... just be glad you didn't buy her a sony bravia yet.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 15:03   #265
sputnik767

Quote:
Sorry if you feel that I distorted the meaning of your post.

Perhaps this is so...
I don't really keep up that closely but I'm thinking I've heard of some strains of one or two STDs other than herpes or HIV that have evolved over time to such extent that characterizing them as other than what the Romans experienced would not be a stretch..
Still, I don't have time to research it and it may be that you are more knowledgeable.

It was this statement I was commenting on.
Herpes was the STD (other than HIV) of which I was aware that can not be cured but only "controlled with medication".

And so it was herpes I cited as example.

And no, I have never had a cold sore.
(I'm past the age of 55 btw)

Sorry if my post was offensive.
I could certainly have chosen a more tactful way to comment on what you wrote, that I will admit.

My underlying point stands though...
The current of thought circulating in this thread with regard to STDs was that the OP has suspicion that his female friend is having sexual relations with other men on the sly and that this would, if true expose him to significant risk of disease.

Your post suggested that the possibility of contracting an STD is not really a big thing because we have modern medicines to deal with that.

I was only stating my opinion that contracting an STD is a serious matter, even though it may be curable, and especially if it's an STD which is not curable, even though it may by that it "can be controlled".

Personally, my health is far too important to me. I don't WANT to be dependent on the medical system for such repairs. YMMV.

Of course contracting an STD is a serious matter, nobody in their right mind would claim otherwise. I was merely responding to an earlier poster that claimed that STDs used to be cured with a shot and nowadays that is not the case. My point was that other than HIV, the same STDs that affect us, affected people 1000 years ago, and the same STDs that were cured with a shot 50 years ago remain so today. Herpes today is just as incurable as herpes 50 years ago or herpes 1000 years ago. The only difference is, today is can be managed very successfully. None of this is meant to imply that an STD is something to be taken lightly.
Old 08-29-2013, 15:04   #266
vikingsoftpaw

Quote:
I guess that is true. But I still think most of us fear the Bull-Head Clap etc.

Fixed it for ya.

...and there had been reports from Japan that a strain exists that is totally untreatable with antibiotics. That leaves us with 19 century treatment. Like Lead Chloride injections into the bladder.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Last edited by vikingsoftpaw; 08-29-2013 at 15:08..
vikingsoftpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 15:06   #267
JMS

It's Over, She Dumped Him.
Can the OP update his first post?

Last edited by JMS; 08-29-2013 at 15:07..
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 16:03   #268
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
Oh I fear the clap!

The Okie Corral

Uh oh, it spreads!

The Okie Corral
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 18:10   #269
SevenSixtyTwo

Young, insecure and desperate,

A little older and wiser,

Translated,

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/vivir-...e-my-life.html
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 19:06   #270
geminicricket
NRA Life member

Hello, You write as if your gf is tampering with the steadiness and fidelity of your relationship.

Realize something, please. BF and GF, even BFF and FWB are temporary relationships and the one you are in with your gf is all about you having easy access to her for deposition of your semen.

If you want to have any socially recognized claim to any tiny part of her body, put a ring on it.

And, in America, the ring means nothing to 90% of 24 year old women and 25 year old men.

Quote:
Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

geminicricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:14   #271
turbotom1052

lay down with dogs and your gonna wake up with fleas
turbotom1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:59   #272
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS View Post
It's Over, She Dumped Him.
Can the OP update his first post?
Quoted for those who can't/won't RTFT.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:05   #273
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Well, I figured everyone was deserving of an update. She texted me tonight and said she just didn't feel a connection, a spark, she said she tried but it wasn't there. She also said I came into her life at a bad time. So I guess thats that. I replied with " No worries, at least I tried, thats all one can really do "

So, I'm acting like it doesn't hurt, but it does. Oh well, time to listen to sappy romantic songs all night. She even said the hugs were awkward....I don't even know what that means, but I digress.
Quote:
Well Chute, I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not. But she's actually bisexual, and her ex is a girl. May sound like I'm making all of this up...but when you think about it, the fact she loves Pokemon and crocheting, the bisexual part kinda makes sense.
Quote:
Well, I'm a big believer of actions speak louder than words. The fact she chose to craft god knows what over hanging out with me, even if it was just for an hour, I think says alot.

Women, even bisexual ones, don't like clingy. I shall not cling.
Oh wait, those are from last January's thread. Coincidence?

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 08-30-2013 at 06:10..
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:53   #274
agile_1

Seeing other men friendly or not is not cool if you are not ok with it.

If she loves you but can't adjust to your needs on this then it seems like the relationship is going nowhere fast. Just because she says she loves you don't mean squat if she can't help you out on this.

You may have to comprimise on something but this would be a deal breaker for me.
agile_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:30   #275
JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Oh wait, those are from last January's thread. Coincidence?
At least he's consistent
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1459546

JMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braviaworthy, comrade zero, door mat, eurodriver 2.0, gng beatdown, no first time yet, op the proud democrat, virgin whine