SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-27-2013, 18:32   #226
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
In that case you should try and work things out. Think of the sex!
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 18:39   #227
M&P15T
Beard One

SHE ALREADY DUMPED HIS ASS!!! SHE RETURNED HIS "PROMISE RING".

Door-mat indeed.
Old 08-27-2013, 19:14   #228
Glockumollie

To me this is like the shows on tv where two people that have a looney relationship take it in front of a world audiance and then tell things that make you both look like fools. Why on earth would you share this with the whole world unless it makes you get off in some sick way. Let me put it to you in the kindest way I can. (DUMP HER YESTERDAY), Thank God your not married to her and go find somebody to love. Their are some woman out there that are interested in a lasting faithful relationship. If you don't care then hey have fun, just watch out for those crocodiles, their bite can kill you.
Glockumollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 20:31   #229
gatorboy

Six months, no kids? Get the hell out of there man! Faster!
gatorboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 20:54   #230
ECHO-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussell_Crowe View Post
If it matters, she's had a rough past-family issues-personal issues-abandonment issues. I truly believe she loves me, but I don't think she understand what acceptable boundaries are in a healthy relationship. I hope I can help her realize, you simply can NOT do these things, and not eventually expect everything to fall apart. Which unfortunately it has, ALL we do is argue lately...It's sad.
You already know what to do...just don't have the balls to doit. Dump her.
ECHO-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 20:55   #231
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
In that case you should try and work things out. Think of the sex!
You can't win a girl's heart with a promise ring.

Didn't you know diamonds are a girl's best friend?

If your credit is reasonable, you should be able to show her how much you love her with a diamond engagement ring.

Remember, the general rule is 3 months gross pay for the ring, but in your case that's gotta be pretty insignificant.
Pretend you had a real grown up job, and invest 3 months anticipated earnings where it really matters.

You'll sweep her off her feet, she'll fall madly in love with you.

Ignore all the naysayers in this thread, they don't understand what a precious flower you are.

Go for it, Obamamite! Hope & Change!

ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 20:59   #232
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
I truly believe she loves me, but I don't think she understand what acceptable boundaries are in a healthy relationship.
Well, how could she not? Remember, love conquers all!

You'll have plenty of time to train her about acceptable boundaries after the honeymoon. Woo her if she loves you!

Last edited by ChuteTheMall; 08-27-2013 at 21:00..
Old 08-27-2013, 21:38   #233
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
You can't win a girl's heart with a promise ring.

Didn't you know diamonds are a girl's best friend?

If your credit is reasonable, you should be able to show her how much you love her with a diamond engagement ring.

Remember, the general rule is 3 months gross pay for the ring, but in your case that's gotta be pretty insignificant.
Pretend you had a real grown up job, and invest 3 months anticipated earnings where it really matters.

You'll sweep her off her feet, she'll fall madly in love with you.

Ignore all the naysayers in this thread, they don't understand what a precious flower you are.

Go for it, Obamamite! Hope & Change!

Now that is a great narrative.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 21:47   #234
LocknLoadPA

If the two of you never had the "exclusivity talk" and an agreement to follow. She (and you) can continue to date others. Just because you felt she's "the one" doesn't mean she felt the same.

It's common for the one that thought things were further along or different than they were to feel some degree of resentment. But the only way you'd be justified in being angry is that you were flat out told or agreed to stay exclusive to each other but then found out she was still using online dating sites and talking with other men.

Though I do think she is being less than truthful about wanting all of these guys as friends. One doesn't go on a dating site to find friends.
LocknLoadPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 21:47   #235
Backfire_Tx

The Okie Corral
Old 08-27-2013, 21:54   #236
High Altitude

OK HC......

When she comes begging back, talking about how she wasn't thinking straight, I made a huge mistake, I love you so much, can't live without you, my life isn't the same............

You dig deep and politely tell her............ I have moved on, it is over, do not contact me ever again............. and hopefully you are doing exactly this. Wipe her out of your life and move on.

In the future, when you are married to some amazing gal, you will realize what a great thing you did for yourself that day.

DO NOT TAKE HER BACK!!!

This girl shows all the signs of being bat crazy and IS sleeping with other guys.

It isn't healthy, stick to your guns and move on.
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 00:52   #237
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
OK HC......

When she comes begging back, talking about how she wasn't thinking straight, I made a huge mistake, I love you so much, can't live without you, my life isn't the same............

You dig deep and politely tell her............ I have moved on, it is over, do not contact me ever again............. and hopefully you are doing exactly this. Wipe her out of your life and move on.

In the future, when you are married to some amazing gal, you will realize what a great thing you did for yourself that day.

DO NOT TAKE HER BACK!!!

This girl shows all the signs of being bat crazy and IS sleeping with other guys.

It isn't healthy, stick to your guns and move on.

It used to be that the doctor could give you a shot for what the wandering partner would bring home...now it either stays with you the rest of your life or you die. If she is playing now the fire down below is not lust but probably more than crabs.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:46   #238
Illini_Glock
USAF Veteran

I haven't read the rest of the thread as it will seemingly be filled with incredibly...umm...wise advise. Having said that, you already know the answer to your query. Good luck with your next "One".
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57   #239
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Well, you say she is the love of your life after 6 months? ok... Have you both openly committed to one another (making agreement to see no one else)?

If yes... then I would walk away

If no... then I would step up my game and talk to her about it.

Dating without a spoken agreement to stay monogamous is really just playing the field (which encompasses all the things you described)

Last edited by FireForged; 08-28-2013 at 08:59..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48   #240
purrrfect 10

Your insecurity is getting the best of you. You are all you need, one with God. When you figure that out, only then can you share your life with a woman. Get rid of her she is not worth the trouble. If she was the ONE ! you would have no doubts.
I'm in the best condition I possibly can be ~ being in this condition...
purrrfect 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 14:12   #241
Darkangel1846

Quote:
Long story short, I'm 25 my girlfriend is 24. We've been together 6 months, and she is the love of my life-I thought I had found the " One "

As it turns out-she has continued to talk to several men she met from an online dating site-when I saw the names in her phone and casually asked who they were, she said they were high school friends.

Not only that, she gave her phone number to a female work friend, and said to her " Give my number to someone you think would want to hang out with me " and the next day some guy named Jordan started talking to her. She admitted he had asked her out to the park, and she said it was a " Possibility "

She also contacted her ex boyfriend last week, to see if he still had a computer for sale. When I finally confronted her, for these numberous indiscretions, she said she just wanted " More friends " and they were a " Distraction " because me and her had been arguing lately.

I'm deeply hurt by all of this, but she says she loves me, and she only wanted friendship from these other men.

Sigh. Advice is highly needed.
She doesn't sound like she wants just one guy, maybe you should move on.
Old 08-28-2013, 20:01   #242
ejkoechling

On one side...
your not married
she's not wearing a ring, so why can't she.... Y can't you

2) If she is lying about this, what will she lie about next....

MOVE ON!!
ejkoechling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 21:54   #243
JuneyBooney

There has been lots of good advice HC. If you have taken her to bed you could just chalk her up as a notch and feel ok in leaving it as is. I would never allow anyone to "work me" for money. At your age unless you have both decided to get married and make babies I would just walk away and say it was fun while it lasted. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 08-28-2013, 22:09   #244
sputnik767

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
It used to be that the doctor could give you a shot for what the wandering partner would bring home...now it either stays with you the rest of your life or you die. If she is playing now the fire down below is not lust but probably more than crabs.
Other than HIV, there isn't really anything out there that's any different from what the ancient Romans were getting. Many such things can be cured with "a shot" and every STD that I can think of (except maybe for HPV) can be controlled with medication at the very least. Even HIV, provided you are extremely compliant.

Last edited by sputnik767; 08-28-2013 at 22:15..
sputnik767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 23:14   #245
skeeter1959

I can't believe the Op would even consider being a doormat for this skank.
skeeter1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 23:38   #246
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
Other than HIV, there isn't really anything out there that's any different from what the ancient Romans were getting. Many such things can be cured with "a shot" and every STD that I can think of (except maybe for HPV) can be controlled with medication at the very least. Even HIV, provided you are extremely compliant.
I guess that is true. But I still think most of us fear the clap etc.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:53   #247
GlockViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
Your best action now is to resist any and all impulses to contact her. Believe me when I wrote earlier that she's got your phone number saved and will be calling you when she's bored with her new paramour(s).

Do not communicate with her until you're sure you're able to resist her manipulations, and I might add that as she becomes increasingly frustrated that you're not one of her collectables she will also increasingly have far more respect for you than she's shown thus far.

Although it's difficult now, each passing day tell yourself, "I'm getting better and I will never go through this again". In time you'll be very happy you went cold turkey and cured your addiction to this self-destructive relationship. People with the capacity to love deserve better than the depredations of an emasculater. Sorry for the raw terminology, but that's exactly how your description of the woman strikes me.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I second that...when I was a deployed, a guy I worke with was going through the same thing, except the cheating ex was attemtping to get him back...Skyping him in yoga pants and skimpy tops...it worked.
Fix Reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
GlockViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:19   #248
icelandicstud

dude if she's not gushing all over you. Then she's not the one. furthermore if she did dig you she'd want to get married or hint at it cuz that is the end all be all for chics...most of the time.

what she's doing is shopping around to see if there is a better product out there for her to leach on. If no better product then she'll rationalize that your the one and settle on you. BUT you'll never feel the love from her that you really should feel with someone your going to be with for the rest of your life.

You should bang her one more time and then dump her on her ass.
icelandicstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:30   #249
jlbeasley1976
Southern BTGOG

Any way you could give her my number. I'm single and not looking for anything serious and she sounds like shes looking for the same thing.
jlbeasley1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:33   #250
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

867-5309

Tags
braviaworthy, comrade zero, door mat, eurodriver 2.0, gng beatdown, no first time yet, op the proud democrat, virgin whine