SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-19-2013, 17:57   #1
agtman
10mm Spartiate

Armscor 10mm ammo

Just an FYI, if you haven't tried a box of Armscor's 10mm 180gn FMJ ...

I picked up two boxes out of curiosity to see if this was closer to a true 10mm "practice" load than the barely .40-level Privi Partisan (PPU) 180gn fodder.

From Midway (prod # 622929) Armscor's price pt. is $23.99 per box. This compares favorably to PPU's $21.49 per 50-rd box.

However, the difference in performance is significant. While the Armscor 180gn load doesn't have the snap of DT's old 180gn FMJ practice load (@ 1250fps), it's got every bit of the boxflap velocity of 1150fps/529fpe advertised on Midway's Armscor page.

Over the years I've shot a ton of Remington's 180gn FMJ load, which has the same fps/fpe rating and which Midway offers at $32+ per 50-rd box. A few years back I assisted in chronographing some of the Rem 10mm from a G20 and a S&W 1076 and it averaged only slightly below the claimed 1150fps, so I'm confident that with the Armscor ammo you're getting velocity that is substantially the same, if not a bit hotter, and at a better price pt. Velocities can vary from lot to lot, of course, as we know from long experience from the Win 175gn STHP, and your experience could differ. But I was pleasantly surprised - like walking into a hole-in-the-wall dive and getting friendly service and great food. YMMV.

Again, I'm not suggesting that Armscor makes a full-throttle 10mm practice load. It doesn't, and I wasn't expecting one, but making that type of load is what my reloading time is spent doing.

What Armscor, a Philippine-based company, does do is offer the 10mm user an economic "off-the-shelf" choice of better than .40-level velocity. Plus the brass Armscor uses, IMO, is better than PPU's for eventual reloading.

So pick up a box and try some, and if you can chronograph it, post the results back here. If that was already done, sorry, I missed it.

For many years I was hoping that foreign ammo companies would enter the U.S. 10mm market, at least with a mid-range load although really hoping for one in the upper midrange. PPU did get in recently, but their sole offering is really timid.

My money for a long time had been on Fiocchi, as they make spicy loads in other calibers, like .40 & 9mm. Time will tell.

Maybe if CZ ever gets its "experimental" 15+1, all-steel 10mm gun to to the U. S. market, and if EEA starts importing the Turkish-made K2 10mms to follow up on the .45acp model (a CZ-style double stack), we'll see more international 10mm product coming in at competitive prices.

Maybe these old eyes will even see a 10mm load from Norma again ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by agtman; 08-25-2013 at 06:28..
agtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 18:35   #2
agtman
10mm Spartiate

Rather than edit my first post, here's a link to a YouTube vid by "drsjr1969" where he chronographed the Armscor 180gn load through a G20, right after testing a box of Underwood 10mm.

The Armscor data is seen further along in the vid, @ about 3:10 minutes in. He gets an average of 1149fps. I would have thought the average would be higher, based on my admittedly subjective sense of "plain feel," and maybe another lot would be.

Anyway, just FYI, ...

Last edited by agtman; 08-19-2013 at 18:39..
Old 08-19-2013, 18:58   #3
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Yes "drsjr1969" page on Facebook needed to be re-liked for some reason when I was looking over David's post there. he's a very nice fellow.

I did the pull downs of the Underwood ammo to see what he was using to get those numbers. He used to use IMR800X exclusively but recent loadings have LongShot and some Power Pistol inside. I haven't had the opportunity to pull down any Armscor ammo to see what they were using.

Thanks for the report...
_The_Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 19:06   #4
agtman
10mm Spartiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Yes "drsjr1969" page on Facebook needed to be re-liked for some reason when I was looking over David's post there. he's a very nice fellow.

I did the pull downs of the Underwood ammo to see what he was using to get those numbers. He used to use IMR800X exclusively but recent loadings have LongShot and some Power Pistol inside. I haven't had the opportunity to pull down any Armscor ammo to see what they were using.

Thanks for the report...
You're welcome and I wish it could have been more of a report with my own chrono data.

By the way, I just learned Midway is out of the Armscor.

I thought I recognized "drsjr1969" from previous posts elsewhere. His YouTube work was interesting. Guess I'm late to the party on the Armscor 180gn stuff. Oh well, ...

Last edited by agtman; 08-19-2013 at 19:15..
Old 08-22-2013, 21:14   #5
bac1023

Thanks for the info.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 14:24   #6
drsjr1969
"10mm ammo" FB

Hey guys thanks for mentioning my work with the 10mm. The most underrated ammo to the general public in my opinion.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

chronograph energy list 10mm

drsjr1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 19:51   #7
agtman
10mm Spartiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsjr1969 View Post
Hey guys thanks for mentioning my work with the 10mm. The most underrated ammo to the general public in my opinion.
Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Your welcome!
And we appreciate all the time and effort you've put into documenting the ballistics of 10mm ammo so that other fans, considering the results you get, can decide how and where to spend their hard-earned $$$.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:32   #8
intecooler

Shadow,

When you pull down the BVAC 180's I sent you that is the same load you will find in the Armscor. BVAC does them for Armscor but you have to pull the information out of them. Last test they were 1199 FPS.

Line 25

https://www.facebook.com/pages/EAA-F...06257602745613

Ignore Armscor line 23 until I get another box. That was done back when they loaded them even better, but I had that one split case and people had issues. They backed it off after that.

Last edited by intecooler; 09-07-2013 at 07:33..
intecooler is offline   Reply With Quote